+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Native (NC-17)

Lex's secret Lover *wink* gumballtiger's Avatar

Arrow Native (NC-17) Complete as of April 26th.

Summery: Alternate Universe. Lex and Chloe are both Native American Indians, but are in different allied tribes. Clark and Lana are both in Chloe’s tribe, and are the perfect Indians, while Chloe is half-white and considered an out cast despite her exotic blonde hair. Lex is bald because he shaves his head everyday so that other warriors cannot grab it in battle, which is what happened to cause a scar on his body. Lionel is the chief of Lex’s tribe, while Chloe is at the bottom of the social ladder, often made fun of and made to do some of the hardest work in the village. Lana is going to be a bitch as usual, Clark will be dumb as usual, Lex-sexy as usual, and Chloe- cute and spunky as usual. Clark and Lex are still friends, from joining in war bands together and Clark having been to Lex’s village. Clark is also still and alien. Gabe and Lillian are not Chloe’s father or Lex’s mother; they are the medicine man/woman just so they get to make an appearance... And I couldn’t think of anyone else. Hey, Bruce Wayne will even make an appearance to give Lex a little challenge, and will be from another allied tribe.

PS I know that the politically correct thing to do would be to call them Native Americans all the time, but sometimes my hands just get tiered of typing that, so if anyone is offended I am sorry. If you let me know you are offended I will go through and change it. I am sorry for any assumptions made about Native Americans (even though they won’t be bad, I promise) as well as any similarities between what goes on in this story and anything that might have happened in the real world.

If the names mean what I pretend they mean, that is totally an accident. I did ZERO research on what their names actually mean, and Am just making it up as I go.

Disclaimer: We all know they are not mine, I know that-you know that.. But lets continue to play pretend shall we?

Warning: This will be an NC-17 story, because that’s the way I like em’, and that’s the way I writ em’. If you don’t like it… get out of the NC-17 section, don’t complain to me.

Just so you don’t get confused ((double parenthesis)) means an author note while (single parenthesis) mean something like an observation or a thought that I couldn’t figure out how else to work into the story.

STORY TIME 

Chloe, Little Child of the West Wind, named when she was seven years old for the way she moved from place to place, thought to thought, like a soft breeze, stepped out of her small tepee. A small pack of children ran by screaming and yelling as they played, followed by a few small dogs barking and yipping. Stepping back to let them pass so she wouldn’t be knocked over, she smiled and waved to some of the younger ones, the ones that didn’t know they weren’t supposed to like her. The older children just hurried the group along with a scowl. Chloe sighed, her heart in her throat. She had once been friends with all those children, until their parents taught them prejudice and hate and fear.

But she didn’t have time for old pain and memories right now. She had work to do. Striding quickly to the village center, a large fire-pit with land that was pounded flat and plant-less by bare feet made a wide circle before the tepees began to circle. The tepees closest to the circle were the medicine man and woman, and the tribal chief. The tepees on the outskirts of the village belonged to the least important in the tribe, the crippled, the orphaned, and her. The half-breed. It hadn’t been so bad until her father had died, then she was thrown from her place in the middle of the hierarchy of tepees, to the very bottom, and left to fend for herself.

Moving quickly into the circle of pounded dirt she sat, smoothing her old leather jerkin ((AN: I can’t remember what they are called and I know a jerkin is a vest, but pretend it is a dress for right now)) over her knees as she crossed her legs, sitting in the dirt. A swift smack to the side of her head left her wincing as she blinked up at Nell, the Chieftain’s sister-in-law, Troublesome Raven.

“Get up you lazy half-breed, you wasted half the morning in your flea ridden bed. You need to tan and stretch hides today.” Nell wasted no time berating her. After the Chieftain’s wife had died in child birth, she had assumed command of the women, acting like the Chieftess herself.

Chloe didn’t mention that Lana was still asleep in the small tent next to the Chief’s, awarded to her as his daughter. Lana, Little Dark Eyed Doe, was dumb as a doe unless she was thinking up ways to torture Chloe. She had this vapid blinking look that made Chloe want to vomit, but made all the young warriors stammer and drool as well as give her gifts when they courted her.

The medicine woman scowled, “Leave the poor child alone Nell, your own Little Doe is still fast asleep. She had such a long night dancing at the fire with her male suitors….” Chloe was too nice to mention it, plus she would get hit, but Lillian, One Who Heals the People, was just spiteful enough to say it. Nell flushed angrily at the reminder that Lana was something of a little hussy.
    Lillian didn’t like Nell any more than Chloe did, and because of her position in the Tribe, higher than the Chief’s sister-in-law, Nell couldn’t do anything. Chloe gave Lillian a small smile, hiding it when Nell turned back to her, kicking dirt with her sandaled feet. Chloe coughed lightly waving her hand in front of her face.

“GET UP!!” Nell said venomously, reaching down and wrenching Chloe’s arm up in anger at being bested in front of someone. Chloe stumbled to her feet then in the direction of the hide racks as Nell shoved her.

“You have hides to work on…” Nell scowled.

Chloe sighed. Working the hides was hard, hot, and smelly. Even more so in the odd spring heat wave. Which, combined with the fact that the war/hunting party was returning, was probably why Nell wanted her to do it today.

Moving quickly back to her tent, even though if Nell found out she would be in trouble, Chloe changed. Nell went out of her way to make Chloe ruin her own clothes, and Chloe was wearing her best today to greet the warriors. Instead because of Nell, as they rode into the village they would see her hunched over the hides and racks, sweating like an animal, in her dirty and stained jerkin. And they would know that she was nothing to this tribe.
    Nell went out of her way to remind people that Chloe was the lowest anyone could be in their society. For some reason having most of the suitors flocking around Lana wasn’t enough. The few that had ever shown an interest in Chloe were quickly reminded of her heritage and place. If they still weren’t driven away, even though most were, Nell thrust Lana at them like a tempting piece of meat for a hungry dog.

Sprinting out to the racks she got to work with a heavy heart. Lighting the fire under the blood, guts, and other things that smelled bad, she slowly unrolled the hides that had been left for her to work. Using a large, round, log shaped stone she rubbed and pounded and ground the fur from the skins on a flat piece of stone embedded in the ground.

Calculating the time with a small stick set in a hole in the ground, she had made a mark in the sand when she started. Dipping the hides in the boiling hot liquid with careful hands and wooden tongs, she stretched it out over the rack, and then went to work on the next hide. After about an hour she was almost ready to dip the second hide, when a small cloud of dust rose in the distance. Sweat trickled down the dent of her spine, and she sighed, dipping the hide with resignation. Stretching the second hide over another rack she lifted a hand to her eyes looking out watching as the warriors got closer and closer.

Sighing she kneeled and bent low, pounding a third hide free of fur. What use was it to watch them get closer; when none would notice her with other than a sneer, and Nell would punish her if she was caught resting for even a moment. She brushed her hair, cut short by Nell as a punishment, back off her damp forehead and behind her ear.

~~~~~~~~

Author speaking : Hahahhhhaaaa Chapter one is up and running, and luky for you the story is already compleatly typed so I will be posting again in a few hours once my class gets out. I only have a few minutes to post the first chappie... Just think happy thoughts like Lex in a loincloth... (I is so evil...)
    Last edited by gumballtiger; 12th May 2005 at 06:34. Reason: regular fixing type things

Re: Native

Interesting start, very different theme for an alternate word, but the chapter was waaaay too short. You have to get back here and update pronto!!

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar

ohh, interesting place to base the story! It will be good ride I feel. And that you alreayd have the story done is EXCELENT! so MORE! MORE I say!

loveit!

Post Re: Native

Are you ready for more??? You know you are... and Lucky for you one of my classes was cancelled, so guess what... I'm posting again from my disk... *dances around with a sing song voice.* Ahem.. anyway *blushes in embarrassment* Any languages that are different are kinda going to be announced before it happens. If any one starts speaking a different language in front of someone who doesn't speak the same language it will look like this. ^"and so then I was like.. oh he is totally hot, and he was all like..."^ yeah.. you get the point.. I have found out something amazing about myself... I am a review junkies...*falls on the floor twitching* If a story is not complete (Which this one is so you don't need to worry) I pass out and my brain cells die just as if I was on drugs.. I'm sorry that I'm a sick person...

Any way all standard disclaimers apply so on with the next chapter.

Lex whooped happily along with the other warriors. It had been a good hunt and raid. They had caught a buffalo, a few smaller animals had been caught, rabbits, some birds, even a few plains deer. Their raid had gone just as well. They had burned a few tepees, stolen some horses, and killed a warrior or too from the Adobe tribe. A good day Lex thought.

His two best friends rode on either side of him. Clark, One Descended From the Heavens, and Lex had been friends since Clark had turned 16 summers and Lex had turned 19 summers. Bruce, The Large Dark One, had been his friend even longer, since they had been babies. Both were mysterious, but each had appeal as friends.

Clark had saved Lex after an Adobe had grabbed his hair and stabbed him in the thigh. That’s how the Luthor and the Lang tribes became allies. Clark had taken him back to the Luthors and from then on had been treated like family, their tribes both grateful that their warriors had become friends. After that Lex had begun taking a knife to his hair every morning.

The Wayne and Luthor tribes had been friends before Lex or Bruce were born. They had played together as their fathers, both Chieftains, had talked together and their mothers had watched them with shining eyes as they worked on little things. Bruce’s father and mother, as well as Lex’s mother had been killed in an attack on the Wayne tribe when they were 16 summers. Lex’s father Lionel, Lion with the Heart of a Lamb, had survived. Both he and Lex had fought along side Bruce, making sure that no more died. Five people lost their lives that day, and only in the initial surprise attack. After that Bruce had become Chief of his tribe, making him more serious than Lex or Clark.

This was Lex’s first time going into the Lang village. He had hunted with the party before, just as Bruce and Clark had hunted with each of the other parties, but Lex usually spilt from the group to head back to his own village with the few warriors he took. Lex was curious to see the treasured Lana that Clark spoke so fondly of.

As they rode into the village, passing the outer tepees, Lex saw a woman bent over the hide racks in a stand of trees nearby. But quickly she was blocked from view. The hunting party was glad to be home, Lex could see it on their faces, in the joy of the whoops and war cries they gave, and in the way many swung from their horses to greet their mates and sweethearts.
    Lex looked around with a good natured smile at all the people that were looking at him oddly. The chief stood nearby, the medicine man at his side who was looking around in confused amusement, and a middle aged woman (who was trying to look half her age and doing a bad job) stood with her hands on a slender dark haired girl’s shoulders. Clark sat up on his horses back and raised his hatchet in the air.

“Tribes people. I would introduce you to my friends.” Clark called into the crowd.

Just then an elderly woman came along, pulling a young curvy blonde with her. The elderly woman was breathing a little hard, but the girl just smiled and patted her on the back when the older woman came to a stop next to the medicine man, who looked immensely pleased that she had arrived. Must be the medicine woman, Lex concluded. Both the man and woman gave the blonde a smile as she sank into the background slightly. The middle aged woman and the younger girl she held in front of her both scowled. Lex was confused by this but assumed it was for being late.

Clark cleared his throat again, distracted by the interruption. He went in order of their rank as was the rules of tribal introductions.

“Bruce, The Large Dark One, Chief of our allies, the Wayne tribe.” Clark reached over giving Bruce a pound on the shoulder in manly affection. “Bruce my friend!” The crowd cheered loudly, some children jumping up and down.

“I give you the prince of our allies, the Luthors, Lex, Strung Like a Bow.” Lex raised his hand in response to Clark’s introduction.

“The man who has helped me unite the Lang and Luthor tribes.” Clark continued with a smile towards Lex and gave him a softer pat on the shoulder than the one he had given Bruce, but it looked just as hard to the crowd. Lex was just as strong as Bruce and Clark, but he was more slender, sleeker then the bulky muscle that adorned his friend’s frames, and Both Bruce and Clark were always gentle on him, despite Lex’s protests that he didn’t need them to go soft on him. “Lex, my friend!” He cried setting the crowd ablaze with cheers again.

Both Lex and Bruce had given small formal movements when they were introduced with their titles, but when Clark had introduced them as his friends they both whooped and gave war cries as they were expected.
    The introductions went rather quickly after that.

Lex and Bruce were introduced to Chief Henry, Small of the Smalls. (Lex had to stifle a laugh at his name while greeting him respectfully.) Then they met the Medicine Man and Woman, Gabe, One Who Sees into Souls, and Lillian, One Who Heals the People. Gabe had wrinkles around his mouth and eyes showing that he smiled and laughed a lot. Lillian was still slender and had aged well, despite the matronly grey hair, and she smiled like a loving mother.

Then Lex and Bruce met Nell, Troublesome Raven, and her niece-the Chief’s daughter-Lana, Little Dark Eyed Doe. Lex and Bruce were both put off by Nell, her attitude reeked of power gone to her head, and Lana seemed a bit slow and dimwitted. But she apparently knew how to flutter her lashes like a pro, a juvenile move for both Bruce and Lex, but they managed not to laugh. They did however exchange a look over the small girl’s dark head. Clark wasn’t the smarted dog in the pack either, so they were perfect for each other.

The crowd had begun to disperse by then, including the Chief and Gabe, and as Lex and Bruce turned away they saw Nell grab the blonde (Lex had forgotten about her in the hurry of trying to remember names) by the arm and give her a harsh slap across the face. Lex and Bruce exchanged another look; Nell had definitely let power go to her head. They both strolled over and heard Nell scolding the girl, while Lillian argued with Nell, who was completely ignoring the older woman in order to yell at the young curvy blonde.

“How dare you come here, you filthy little piece of…” Nell spoke interrupted by Lillian.

“That’s enough Nell, I brought her and you know it.” Nell was still ignoring the older woman with great disrespect.

“…Supposed to be tanning and stretching the…” Nell continued her tirade at the smaller delicate girl.

“Better let her go Nell or else I’ll…” Lillian said her voice drowned out by the sound of Nell slapping the girl again on the face.

“I did Nell, I did… I have three done and drying on the…” The Blonde sputtered trying to wiggle away from the vicious older woman, only to be interrupted.

“You have her doing that in this heat?! I swear Nell if you don’t start treating her with more…” Lillian said, finally managing to jerk Nell away from the blonde.

Bruce and Lex were close enough now that they were right in the middle of the loud argument.

“I expect TEN done before you seek your bed this night you little…” Nell yelled even as Lillian dragged the larger woman away.

Lex and Bruce followed all of this with their eyes, turning back to see the sniffling blonde, who had a bright red handprint on one side of her face, be jerked up by Lana.

“You don’t belong here.. You ruined everything when you showed up you dirty hal..” Lana raised her hand to slap the girls other cheek and Lex locked a hand around her thin bony wrist. Lana gasped back at him. “What are you doing?!” Her voice was high pitched and annoying.

“Where I come from no one hits another woman, especially not one in your own tribe.” He growled, using his other hand to pry Lana’s fingers from the flesh in the blonde’s arm.

Bruce nodded silently and sternly at Lana, catching the other girl as she began to crumple to the ground again. Holding her carefully, not touching the places where Nell and Lana had grabbed her arms, bruises already forming, he propped her up on her feet.

Lex and Bruce stood in a protective circle around the blonde, Lex in front of her and Bruce behind. Bruce brushed off her back and shoulders moving to examine her arms, while Lex gently swiped back the soft golden strands away from her face as he carefully looked at her cheek.

“Are you alright?” He asked softly, Bruce grunting slightly as his own addition to the question.

The blonde seemed to stare up at Lex for a moment, she was a good head shorter than he was and was surrounded by over three hundred pounds of muscled male, good reason to be slightly confused. Bruce let his hands brush over the back of her head, before resting heavily on her shoulders holding her in place. Lex held her chin up slightly, both of them looking at the marks, before speaking in the Wayne language.

^ “She is a pretty little thing.. Too small to be knocked around in such a way.”^ Bruce commented in his rough voice.

^ “Very exotic,”^ Lex touched some of the hair at the nape of her neck as his hand shifted to hold her face up for inspection. ^ “Her hair is soft and the color of sunshine. Her skin is pale, despite how much time she must spend in the sun…”^ He stroked his thumb along her jaw as his eyes moved to hers. ^ “Eyes like the green of grass near a stream.”^

Bruce trailed his hand gently down her arm, picking up her hand and holding her wrist tightly, but careful not to hurt her, when her gaze flashed and she tried to pull away. Both Lex and Bruce laughed at the flash of spirit, glad that Nell hadn’t beaten her soul down too badly.

^ “Look at her hands…”^ Bruce commanded his voice still deep and gruff, as he lifted one up to their view, despite her jerking against him in slight shame.
    Her hands were heavily calloused, which bothered both Lex and Bruce, knowing that the poor girl was doing some serious labor.

^ “Eghh.. Not surprising though, after the way that Nell woman was going on about her needing to do more work.”^ Lex said his thumb moving over her palm, while Bruce touched her fingertips.

Bruce smiled then and the girl gave a small smile in return, she was still confused but she knew they were looking at her scars and calluses. It was embarrassing her and she blushed and tried to tug her hand away unsuccessfully.

Lex and Bruce just grinned at her.

^ “Lex, I’m thinking that these things can heal….”^ Bruce trailed off and Lex nodded waiting for him to continue, knowing he would.

^ “Perhaps when we leave here I should take her home with me…”^ Bruce said it as a thought, but Lex knew he was really contemplating it.

^ “Or I should take her with me…”^ Lex smiled as he spoke the soft challenge, knowing that they would never come to blows over the woman, but they might take each other on in other ways of competition. Without waiting for Bruce to respond Lex switched back to the common Language of the area, that all tribes spoke.

“What is your name?” He leaned toward her, his clear blue eyes staring into hers as she blinked up at him and began to speak.

~~~~~~~~~~~

What do you think of that guys, was this one longer? Was this one good?. 2057 words, about a thousand more than the first chappie..
    Who loves you baby… *wink wink*
    Last edited by gumballtiger; 13th April 2005 at 22:15. Reason: missed a little place I needed to break it up

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar

Please add in a rating in the topic title. Please check out the forum rules, link located in my signature.
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Post Re: Native

Epp sorry... I thought about it but then didn't do it.. you know those days where you think you did something and you didn't?

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar

Hey loved this chappy! And lex and bruces thoughts on lana where priceless!!! Ohh, and can nell die some horrible death??? MORE MORE MORE!!!!

wow, this is such a cool story. I love the idea and the characters seem right on the spot. I seriouslly was considering bodyly harm to Nell and Lana for the way they were treating Chloe. And I was so happy that the crowd cheered after Lex was introduced, it seemed sweet that people like him. I don't know why but the whole time Bruce and Lex were talking I had the feeling that Chloe could understand them. Anyways great chapter and I can't wait for the next one.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

Re: Native (NC-17)

Thank you for starting this great new story!! I'm so glad that Lex and Bruce came to Chloe's rescue, but I'm afraid that Nell is going to make things worse for Chloe because of it!! Please post again soon!! I can't wait to read more of this wonderful fic!!

Members

Re: Native (NC-17)

Loved the idea, (and the writing of course) of this alt-reality. Not sure if its been done, but if it has i've definately not read it. Please post again soon!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information