+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Agony (R)

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

Re: Agony (R)

Somehow I missed this before. And this morning I was like . . . hey, I didn't know Tehzo had written a story. So I merrily read it. *blubbers* So, so painful. But lovely--definitely lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehzo
    Along with being a hypocrite, everyone in this world is also a contradiction. Although it can be said that Lex Luthor is a king among men...he is still a man.
    Loved how you began it here. With the universal (very insightful) claim focusing down to a very personal truth about Lex.

We didn’t lie to each other no matter how brutal or sappy the truth was.
    Loved this line. Loved how Chloe recognizes how the truth can be both brutal and sappy, and how putting them together reveals that--in Chlex's ironic perspective on life--sappiness is almost as difficult as brutality. Also liked the larger sense in the line--one of the things that strikes me as as most powerful about the Chlex relationship is the potential for this kind of honesty between them, if they would just let down their barriers. Of course, letting down their barriers is what leads to all the angst . . .

Everyone can also be a masochist.

. . . . . . . . .

Everyone can be naive at times.
    I liked how you scattered these lines throughout the story. It made the whole thing seem more universal--like this could have happened to any couple . . . as, indeed, it could have. And like Chloe and Lex are just normal people . . . as, indeed, they are.

His head fell forward to rest on her slender neck, "God, I love you." The fingers on her back clung to her skin harshly. And her fingers dug into him just as desperately.
    This struck me as one of the most painful parts. It felt so real and substantial and genuine. It really affirmed how deep their relationship was. Which makes it even more tragic that it was destroyed.

She was so, so tired.
    So psychologically authentic. I've found that one of the most common reactions in traumatic situations--especially after the storm of emotions is halted temporarily--is simple exhaustion.

Lex had abandoned me. He believed the world instead of me.
    Ouch. So painful. Poor Chloe. I'm just hurting for her. To have to go through what she did, and then to be abandoned by Lex. Lex's reaction is horrifying, of course, but it's definitely in character. His worst fears were realized after he made himself completely vulnerable, and so his defenses had to be immediately raised. And this time the defenses would never come down again.

And I can totally believe that Chloe still loves him. Because in his response, he was simply being himself. And that's the man that Chloe loves. That's the Lex that I love too--which makes this story that much more heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Reese
    Great story, Tehzo! And I hate to even ask this...but...was it Lana he was marrying? Because I kept waiting for you to drop that bomb -- and I swear there was a little hint of it here and there -- but you never came right out and said it.
    God, Reese, I never even thought about that. Please don't say it was Lana! Please! I don't think my poor, battered heart could stand it if it was.

Psychologically gripping story, even if it did depress me too early in the morning.

Wish Chloe left w/GA&guys LEXNCHLOEROCK's Avatar

My heart was/is breaking for Chloe. I kept waiting for the bride to be Lana but knew it wasn't by the things the bride said. Lana being Lex's bride would have been way too much for this story.
    For the first time I truly dislike Lex. Bastard!
    Clark was actually likeable in this fic.
    Very well written! I'm still choked up!

Wish Chloe left w/GA&guys LEXNCHLOEROCK's Avatar

Tehzo thank you for the rep points. Just speaking the truth.

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar

Heart breaking... so sad!
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information