+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Thread: Four Square (PG-13) *Epilogue* 12/11/05

Re: Four Square (PG-13) *Epilogue* 12/11/05

oooh **gush** that was just great! I looooved your story! Huh, and to think it's hiding over here in completed general and I haven't read it before.. how did that happen?

So yes, love loved it! Please don't just stick to short stories, clearly you're very good at this too!!!

NS Full Member

Hey Reese!

Long time, no speak! I know, I know - its my fault, but I completely and utterly blame work for it. But due to Mother Nature planting a category 5 cyclone on the town that I was going to visit this week, I'm home and reading fanfic - the way it should be

Of course, since its been so long since I've read this fic, I unfortunately had to reread the whole thing from start to finish. It was such a hardship, let me tell you LOL

I really enjoyed reading it, and I loved the relationship between, of course, Chloe and Lex AND Clark and Chloe. It is rare that I like Smallville's Clark, however, you have managed to pull it off!

It goes without saying that the romance between Chloe and Lex just made me sigh. It was lovely

Kerry

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

Ah yes! I reread the whole thing like I said I would. It had been so long that I'd forgotten nearly all of the twists. It was like reading it again for the first time. Just wonderful. I don't know how else to describe this story but to say it has clean lines--just lovely polished prose and streamlined plotting.

What strikes me most in this fic in terms of character is the way you developed the friendships. Clark and Lex. Chloe and Clark. Chloe and Pete. Friendship is so often overlooked as a significant narrative force, and you use it to its best advantage in this fic.

The Chlex scene in the kitchen over the dirty dishes is incredibly powerful. Chloe is absent for much of the story (when she's kidnapped) but we dive into her soul so deeply in that scene. I just feel for her so much it's almost palpable. Love, love, love it. And the ending is so blissfully happy one could almost believe you weren't a angst-fan.

Best lines of the fic:

But for once, he wasn’t looking to unearth his father’s sins.

But rather his father’s soul.

Which, until today, he had no tangible proof even existed.
    Now, about that new Chlex story you said you'd started . . .

:awww: AWW THIS WAS JUST SO CUTE!!! Awesome story! I liked the Chlark and Clana mixed in here honestly. Very well written, I enjoyed it lots

Awwwww, cute!
    Really like the story!
    Come join the dark side. We have cookies.
    Yumm!
    Annnnnd Lex Luther!!!
    Double Yummmmmmmm!!

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!
    - Matt Frewer

NS Full Member

I just can say that I found this fic a few hours ago and I couldn't stop reading 'til the end. Great fic, I love it.

So very very sweet, and chivalrous and mushy squeee! with humour how clever. I really liked this so much.

Thank you
    N

This was one of the cutest sweetest stories i've read in a long time and i would have loved for the writers to have taken this road instead of the stupid on they chose. You did an awesome job writing it.

this is such a sweet story.

Beautiful!!!

This is such a wonderful story and what I really appreciate about it is that it was not just a Chloe/Lex story but a Clark/Lex story as well.

I like all the characters, too. Even Lionel and Lana were ok.

Really great work!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information