+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Four Square (PG-13) *Epilogue* 12/11/05

Re: Four Square (PG-13) *Epilogue* 12/11/05

I love it when Lex and Chloe are just happy. It's sweet to see Lex just reveling in how lucky he is to have gotten everything he wanted when it all could have gone very badly. And now they're getting married, just too sweet. I enjoyed this story, you did such a great job.

Steph*

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

“Although, if I were, it would be a completely justified response.”
    Heh. Very nice. Sounds exactly like Lex.

“I think about it sometimes. I think about what could have happened that summer, how things could have turned out.”

Lex opened his mouth to say something but Clark just kept on, the words tumbling out of his mouth.

“What if they’d never taken Chloe? Or if we hadn’t found her in time? What if you and I had never worked things out? What if…?”
    So poignant and realistic, thinking through how easily things could have turned out differently, particularly since the story so clearly embodies a crossroad in the relationships between all of them.

Clark’s head turned back abruptly. “I want to marry Lana. I’ve never been more sure of anything in my entire life.”

Lex just waited, knowing that if he was patient, Clark would eventually respond with more.

“I’m just…I’m just afraid of what comes after.”
    I checked a few posts above me to see if Josi had made the joke that immediately came to my mind at this quote. Strangely enough, she seems to have missed it. But I couldn't help but think that Clark was probably right to be worried about what would . . .er, come after marrying Lana. It certainly couldn't be very . . . er, pleasurable. But I shall refrain from mentioning it, since this isn't a story in which to mock Lana.

Us.

The word still sparked emotions in him he wasn’t used to.
    Very sweet.

But the ruse didn’t last long as Lana reached out and snatched Chloe’s hand from the table, pulling it closer and, in turn, almost pulling Chloe out of her chair in the process.

Lex leaned forward so he could see the expression on Chloe’s face as Lana admired the ring on her finger.
    Ah! I must be a little slow today, since I only caught on to it here. Yay! They're engaged.

And Lex could do nothing but smile as he took in the scene around him.

His best friend.

The woman who was soon to be his best friend’s wife.

And the love of his life.

All sitting and laughing, rejoicing in this latest round of good news.

And he laughed at the idea that things could ever have been anything other than what they were.

All was as it should be.
    Nothing like a perfectly happy ending. And you made it work very effectively, despite the obvious obstacles in the way. As I said before, there's something very pristine and almost innocent about this story (again, not at all in a naive or unrealistic way). But the pure hope involved in envisioning that such an ending is even possible for these characters--while still taking into account all of the complexities--is a beautiful thing.

“So how about some of those happy, satisfying orgasms of reconciliation you’re so fond of?”

He placed his hand on her knee, then slipped it under the hem of her skirt.
    I believe Josi's already chided you for teasing us in this manner, but kudos for getting the phrase in so smoothly.

“I’m sorry. Please forgive me.” He placed his hand in its previous position. “Let me make it up to you.”
    Hee! I love it. I chuckled outloud for a full forty-five seconds. Lex is absolutely adorable.

She held up a hand. “Not quite yet.” She laughed. “And it’s going to be Sullivan-Luthor.”

“If you insist,” he replied.

She reached into kiss him, pausing just a breath away from his lips.

“I do.”
    Good for Chloe. I've always loved her. I'm just so happy for them all that I might just melt away.

Wonderful end to a wonderful story. The plot was well-executed, the characters well-developed, and the prose--as always--elegant and concise. The various issues and conflicts that arose throughout were resolved fully, which often doesn't happen in fics, since there's a tendency to wrap things up too quickly and tie them neatly with a rushed little bow. You didn't do that, but instead took the time to really flesh out everything you'd dug into in the fic. It makes the whole very complete, and the reading experience particularly satisfying.

Again, I'm sorry to see it go, but I can't regret the ending at all. Thanks for writing it, Reese.

Lex's Devoted Love Slave darkangel's Avatar

OMG. What a beautiful story. I loved the ending.

The Masked Phantomess Senior Member Augustine86's Avatar

What a finale! Perfect words to end it, perfect everything. It's the best fanfic where everything turns out perfect and still seems plausible and real. Congratulations!

Norah
    Just a Guest!

Beautiful epilogue!!! I love how happy they are! It's such a happy ending! I loved this story from the beginning and I'll miss it now that it's over but what a wonderful ending!!!

Very enjoyable, both the characterisation and the plot. A fun read!

Demented Detective Senior Member newbatgirl's Avatar

Cute! Thanks for the happy ending.

NS Full Member

I just read this story in one sitting. There was no way I could stop reading!

What can I say... I loved it. Great story idea, excellent twists, and a lovely ending.

Short fics, long fics -- you're a talented writer Can't wait to read more of your work.

great great fic!!!

NS Full Member

Oh, my God!!!! Such a wonderful story!!!! I'm so glad it all turn out okay for everyone... And that Chloe and Lex will get married!!!!
    So well written... Just keep writting this wonderful stories for us, okay?!?!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information