+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Permanent Transference (Rated R)

ChLex Schadenfreude Senior Member crankychick's Avatar
    Title: Permanent Transference
    Rating: R for imagery and violence
    Category: Angst
    Spoilers: One episode of Season 4

Heavy, angst straight ahead complete with violence and a malevolent Evil Lionel Luthor. Don't say you weren't warned.

Would it all just fade away?

Chloe stood before Lionel and Lex, her eyes drifting to the object held by her declared nemesis in his hand. Bewildered at what he attempted to accomplish, she watched in a daze as he tightened his grip around the contraption and uttered threats in his practiced, silken voice.

“Your fears were well founded my son,” Lionel declared, “since this was fated all along. The son will become the father, just not in the particular fashion you might have imagined.”

Lex was armed, Chloe knew, but he made no movement to secure the gun from his inside jacket pocket as his father drew nearer. “Lionel,” she called out, “no matter what you do here, I’ll make sure you never get away with it.”

“You make assumption without understanding the depths of the situation, Miss Sullivan,” he shot back, “making yourself my son’s lover doesn’t guarantee you immunity from my wrath. I would have thought that a given.”

Shocked, she locked eyes with Lex as she heard Lionel laughing. Silently, she pleaded with her lover to do away with the man who haunted them both…who would continue to torment and chide them until he drew his last breath. He watched their wordless interplay, salaciously enjoying the merriment of drawing his enemies out and exposing their secret.

“It’s not true, Father,” Lex stated emotionless, “Chloe and I haven’t even been in the same room together for months. How then would we have conducted this clandestine affair you accuse us of?”

“That was your clever guise, my son, but all the same a typical one for you. Hiding the object of your desire while you seemingly indulged in your nocturnal promiscuities in Metropolis would throw off anyone who didn’t know you better. Did you really think you would be able to keep it from me?”

Lionel walked towards Chloe and Lex visibly tensed as he stood to her side.

“And what about you, Miss Sullivan? Was my son able to erase the stench of your ill-fated affair with the paper boy? I hope your sake he was.”

Chloe shut her eyes in humiliation, trying to keep from crying in front of this shell that masqueraded as a human being. “Jealous, Mr. Luthor? Upset that our previous agreement didn’t include that particular provision?”

“Little girl, you continue to play with fire and deny being burned. I could have had you at any time, but I chose to cautiously bait the hook. My son, however, succeeded in reeling in the line.”

Lex, seething with anger, pressed his father’s shoulder, pushing him away from Chloe. “I will not allow you to continue humiliating her, Father.”

“How gallant, dear son. She’ll remember you eternally for this kindness, though I’d hardly categorize it as chivalrous”

“You understand nothing unless you twist its meaning!” Chloe cried, “Lex and I are friends – good friends-“

“Who happen to meet weekly – sometimes twice – in a small, loft apartment outside of Metropolis. Who have been on various weekend excursions together to Edge City and have kept a few secrets from each other as well.”

Terrified, she looked away from him and towards Lex as she shook her head. Lionel laughed as he asked, “Did you know my son planned on asking you to marry him this summer?”

Lex turned towards his father, his face revealing horrified realization at having been discovered. Lionel glanced at him briefly, turning again immediately towards Chloe.

“Does he know?” Lionel asked Chloe. Once again, she looked away and blinked to quell her budding tears.

Puzzled, Lex stared at Chloe. She looked up at him, shamed by Lionel’s display of their buried secrets, as tears flowed down her face. “I was going to tell you this week,” she replied weakly.

Horrified at Chloe’s confirmation, Lex turned towards his father, pressing his hand toward the pocket that hid the gun.

“How happy a child would have made my son,” Lionel interjected, “but as we know well, the best laid plans always go awry.

As Lex pulled the gun from his pocket, Lionel pressed the transference apparatus to his chest. The magnitude of the switch threw Chloe to the ground, tossing her against a chair. Unsteadily, she held on to it, watching as the two men were thrown to opposite sides of the room.

Lex twitched as he arose to a seated position, his hands drifting to his arms and shoulders. The mannerisms were unlike him, she thought to herself, watching as he rose to stand.

“Technology,” he muttered, “it gives a whole new meaning to the phrase recapturing youth.”

Chloe watched in anguished horror as Lex drew the gun and aimed it at Lionel’s inert body. She watched as the older man opened his eyes and said, “Father, you cannot do this.”

Lex? My God, have they switched bodies?

She ran over to who she now knew as Lex, and cradled him in her arms. Pleading with him, Chloe caressed Lex’s head in her lap as she further humiliated herself. “Please, don’t do this, Mr. Luthor. Please, I’m begging you, don’t hurt him.”

“Step away, Miss Sullivan. I’m not up to you yet.”

With his eyes focused on Chloe, he cocked the gun and aimed directly at his son’s chest, firing an easy shot into his heart. Chloe, blood splattered and hysterical, cradled him closer against her body, rocking back and forth as she uttered, “No! No! No!”

Lionel pointed the gun in her direction. “Now, Miss Sullivan, I am ready for you. I’ll be benevolent, I assure you, and most willing to overlook your previous treachery. Be my wife and we’ll forget any of this ever happened.”

“Never,” she replied, continuing to cradle Lex’s dead spirit in Lionel’s body on her lap.
    “I would never do that to Lex. Never do that to our child.”

“You’re forgetting, Miss Sullivan, that I am Lex now.”

“You can wear the disguise, Mr. Luthor, but it won’t make you the man. No, I’ll never betray him…..betray myself by accepting what you’ve stolen.”

Lionel pointed the gun at her. Unflinching, she looked directly at him and raised her head.

“One final opportunity to change your mind?” he chided.

“What are you waiting for?” she bit back, “Do it and do it quickly. Lex is waiting for me.”

“As you wish,” he stated, aiming at her and fulfilling her wish. Chloe fell across Lex, her lifeless body still and quiet. Lionel grinned as he oversaw the fruits of his revenge.

“Two down,” he whispered to himself, placing his gun inside his jacket pocket, “but now, let’s see where Mr. Kent has gotten to….”

WOO HOO!

They really should just re-name this the Angsty Short forum. I mean, really

I love your Lionel in the sense that I absolutely believe he is omniscient. I could see him knowing everything about Lex and Chloe and then revealing all of their secrets in front of the other (although I have to say, I was relieved they were happy secrets as opposed to dark, angsty ones).

And thank goodness Chloe chose death over life with Lionel-in-Lex's-body. I would have been disappointed otherwise.

So angsty, yes. But still a good Chlex read

Reese

NS Junior Member
    Very good. :worship2:

:crygreen: Poor Lex and Chloe. I don't read angsty fic much but this one was brilliant.

Sugar&Spice of the gutter Senior Member Queen Of Tact's Avatar
    *cries* what with you all and ur angsty fic.... *sniff sniff* can't u'll write a nice cute fluffy fic... You guys just wanna make me cry all the time don't ya.....

By the way i loved the fic, and always great work hon...

CC
    "I am scared that I'm always going to be somebody's friend or sister or confidant, but never quite somebody's everything."

:crygreen: so sad, but at least Chloe and Lex will be together. Nice portrait of Lionel as the all knowing evil one. I hope Clark will kick his ass!

Holy crap! Every time I read one of these fics I just hate Lionel more and more, what a bastard! I know we were warned but it was sooo sad, I know that they're dead but at least Chloe won't have live with Lionel. Good story

Steph*

great job! wu hu! :worship2:

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    I'm so proud of both Chloe and Lex, being strong in the face of madness!! Excellent story, but now I need to read something happy!! :yay2: :chlexsign4: :yay2:

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar
    Why is it that writing short stories automatically pushes authors toward angst? Or, actually, maybe they want to write angst but don't want to extend our misery, so they make it short as an act of grace. That must be what it is. And, in that case, thank you, crankychick.

Very interesting take on the characters, with a dramatically realized scene and quite appropriate ending.

This line sounds exactly like Lionel:

I’ll be benevolent, I assure you, and most willing to overlook your previous treachery.
    Very compelling story.

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

Re: Permanent Transference (Rated R)

I enjoyed reading this story. It was short but not to long.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information