+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 185 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyouts, Hostile Takeovers & Matchmaking (PG-13/R)

dream a little dream dreamerjules's Avatar

Re: Buyouts, Hostile Takeovers & Matchmaking (PG-13/R)

Cannot wait until the Lex&Gabe conversation. Which you have to show. And the Lional&Gabe conversation following that one. And Chloe's reaction.

This... is about as good as chocolate.

How fun. Wow she is going to be so mad, but hopefully happy that he wanted to dote on her so. Loved the description of each of their difficulties. Fabulous. Hopefully they will soon realize what it is that they need. Can't wait for the Gabe discussion and relating it to Lionel.

Update soon please, I love this !

Ohhh she's going to throw a fit once she comes back oO
    And let him take the wall down, it's Luthor in the end

Love the story and can't wait for the next part

NS Full Member

I was just going to join the chorus - whose tongue is in Chloe's mouth - when I, to my happiness, found another great chapter of this story. Keep up the good work

I have just read this entire story in 2 days and I am in love. LOVE, I tell you, LOVE!!! I almost died of laughter picturing Lex with a Siamese, and all conversations involving a tricked-out mini-Aston and said Siamese again almost did me in.

I am so glad to see them progressing so well on their own, but very frustrated with their inability to let go of the friendship and move on to something more. Stupid Lex with his stupid blindness, and stupid Chloe with her stupid insecurity! Although, I will admit to being a little excited, b/c I can't wait to see what Celeste and Lionabe will come up with to force the issue.

Now, you two. It seems that you have been losing your motivation on this story. Unacceptable. I pity the posters here from the beginning b/c of the delays they have had to endure. I, however, refuse to allow that to continue! It is obvious that begging gets us nowhere, while flattery would get us our own two-person-claw-footed tub. Therefore, I shall commence with the asskissing.

Only a story this witty, interesting, and fun could be written by the two of BlueSabby. You deal with insecurities and human emotions, but always make sure to interject enough humor and lightness to keep the reader from becoming bogged down. You are rather like TBS for NS. Also, you have created a build-up for Chloe's return quite masterfully. 1 - We all know she is going to be returning without any release of tension and will be even more stressed out about why that is. 2 - We all know Lex is going to be in the same boat. 3 - She will be looking forward to arriving at her apartment and just being alone for a little while and relaxing. 4 - Lex will be waiting for her at her apartment for her reaction. 5 - She is going to go through the roof over the control taken from her in regards to decorating her own apartment. 6 - Lex is going to go through the roof at what he considers her overreaction. 7 - Given the tension in the room they will either end up fuckig like bunnies or thinking that the friendship is over. So please, oh wonderful, creative, and incredibly talented writers, please refind your inspiration and give us many updates quickly. Thank you humbly.

NS Full Member

A/N: Sabby: So, for all of you who've already been on the edge of their seats waiting for the Conspiration of Gabe and the Lex, here it is...also, more JP for those of you who dig the little French guy and yea, Chloe's about to come home. Also, huge thanks again for all the precious feedback. We love the one liners as much as the long ones (KatieandJason, smart of you, very smart *hands you a cookie*) Have fun and leave feedback again!

A/N: Blue: Ahead is loads of talking. Most of it amusing so we think you'll like it. Speaking of amusing, it's nice to see that katieandjason has figured out how to get updates from us.

Gabe cast a glance over at the pile of paperwork that sat on his desk. It didn’t appear to be getting any smaller and he had already been at work for two hours. But he thought that had more to do with the fact that Lionel kept pestering him than the pace at which he worked.

There had been another meeting in the morning. Under discussion had been their children’s aborted attempts at ‘connecting’ with another person. The man that Chloe had taken back to her room had left less than two minutes after he entered and Lex had fled the no name hotel three minutes after entering it.

Even though nothing had come of it, the fact that the children had attempted such a thing bothered Gabe. Well, the fact that Chloe had done such a thing, to be more specific. It was one thing to accept that your child was sexually active. It was quite another to see photographs of her picking up a stranger at a bar.

Lionel had beamed at the good news and kept calling him to rehash the details that they knew. Gabe had put his secretary on strict instructions to not put Lionel’s calls through. He was waiting for a carrier pigeon to appear with a note.

There was a buzz from his phone and his secretary said, “Mr. Sullivan, Mr. Luthor is here to see you.” Gabe sighed and was about to tersely inform his secretary that he would not be seeing Mr. Luthor when she said, “Mr. Lex Luthor.”

Gabe looked curiously at the phone and waited a moment before pressing the intercom button and saying, “Please send him in.”

This was odd. He wasn’t working on any projects that dealt with Lex in the slightest. He didn’t allow himself to hope that it would be about Chloe.

When the young man entered the room, Gabe stood up and extended his hand. “Hello, Lex, what can I do for you?”

Lex took the proffered hand and shook it firmly then settled down after Gabe had resumed his seat behind the desk. This was going to be the oddest talk he'd ever had, he was quite sure of that.

“Gabe, it's good to see you,” he started, trying to get the pleasantries over with first. “How have you been?”

Lex had thought the entire way to the office how to approach the subject but there was really no subtle way to do it. At least the man already knew that Chloe and him were friends.

While Gabe had often seen Lex dodge a question, he had never seen the man do so in such a poor fashion. He supposed that Lex was just being polite but his body language immediately clued Gabe into the fact that something was up.

“I’ve been doing fairly well,” he admitted, answering Lex’s question. Being that Lex knew that he and his father were working on numerous projects he thought it would be ok to add, “Your father might drive me to kill him, but other than that,” he shrugged, “I can’t complain. And yourself?”

If Lionel was here he would most likely try to take to grilling Lex but Gabe found that it was better to be subtle in such a situation. He’d allow Lex to get to his business in his own time.

Lex smirked at Gabe's statement, knowing fairly well what his father was capable of doing to a person's sanity. Eerily enough, aside from the odd conversation, his father had kept pretty much out of Lex's life in the past few weeks. Thank goodness for small mercies.

“Pretty good,” he answered Gabe's question, “As far as business goes, at least.” He hadn't meant to add that.

It was something about Gabe's open face and relaxed stance as he waited patiently. That was what had caused him to say more than he wanted. Better to get straight to the point.

“I didn't come here for business, though.”

And this is where his pride reared its ugly head and posing a simple request became in explicably difficult. “How's Chloe doing in Chicago, have you spoken to her?”

Keeping one’s face neutral when all you wanted to do was grin like a damn fool was very hard indeed. Lex was here to discuss Chloe, plain and simple. God, Lionel’s head was going to explode. Gabe had to clear his throat to keep from laughing at that visual.

“I heard from her this morning and she said that her presentation went very well,” he didn’t even bother to hide the pride in his voice at that tidbit of information. Chloe had been so excited by it and had given him the blow by blow of the conference.

Now, he had to decide if he wanted to test Lex or just let things lie. When he came to his decision he realized that he had been exposed to Lionel for far too long.

“She says that the people are very nice and that she’s been making some interesting acquaintances.” It was innocent enough and Lex could interpret it in any way that he saw fit so Gabe didn’t feel too badly about it.

“Ah,” he said nonchalantly, not sure what to think.

Well that wasn't true, he knew exactly what he was thinking. She'd obviously gone and accomplished what he'd failed at. Of course she wouldn't have told it her father that way, but he was pretty sure those acquaintances weren't strictly platonic. He remembered too well Chloe's comment in the kitchen about 'getting in trouble'.

“Well that's certainly good to hear,” he said with a smirk.

Actually, the thought twinged him uncomfortably for some reason, but he didn't examine it closer. “We saw each other last week, before she went. Her new apartment is much more fitting than the last, I think.”

There, that was putting a few things out of question and into the open. If Gabe hadn't known before, he knew now that the two of them knew each other well enough to be at each other's homes.

“Oh, most definitely,” Gabe said, hoping that Lex would attribute the pleasure in his voice to Chloe’s new living arrangement. Not the fact that Gabe could tell that Lex was keeping himself in check at the mere thought of Chloe with another man.

Again, Gabe felt Lionel’s influence on him when he sincerely wished that Lex would call Chloe on this when she returned. He really shouldn’t try to make trouble for his only child but he could rationalize it by the fact that he was only trying to help her in the long run.

He could tell that Lex was still being a little stiff with him, most likely uncertain as to how he would react to Lex being over at Chloe’s apartment. He decided to put him at ease with that one.

“Don’t tell Chloe that I said so, she’ll just get her feathers ruffled for no reason if she knows that I’ve said so, but it pleases me that you two are friends.” He leaned back in his chair and looked at Lex. “It comforts me to know that there is someone else on her intelligence level that she’s close with. Some of her other friends through the years…”

The face that Gabe made wasn’t for Lex’s benefit at all. When he thought of the people that Chloe used to surround herself with, both boyfriends and other people, it unsettled him. He shook off the thought and continued, “I hope I haven’t overstepped my professional and fatherly bounds by saying so.” He smiled over at Lex.

“Not at all.” Lex shook his head, lifting a hand slightly.

His mind automatically wandered to the one friend Chloe and he had ever had in common. No use dwelling on that one. He was on a mission.

“We talked about some of the things she wants to do with the apartment,” he said carefully. “After she talked with you on the phone that evening.”

Now was the time to ask and Lex was tired of stalling. It needed to get out there so he could move on with his plans.

“I was wondering,” he looked at his hands for a moment before squarely meeting Gabe's eyes. “I offered her the services of my interior decorator. I want to do this as a favor to her, but we both know how she is about accepting gifts.” Here came the crucial point. “Would you help me get things done before she returns?”

That was not how he'd meant to ask the question but upon reflection, Lex decided that it might find a better reception if Gabe became actively involved, instead of just sanctioning the project and giving some information.

Reaching across the table and kissing Lex was not an option so Gabe pretended to mull over Lex’s proposition. He could not believe the good fortune that was being showered on their project within the past few days.

He knew that Lex equated doing this for Chloe as showing how much she meant to him. Gabe was actually touched by the gesture. Chloe would surely fly into a rage when she saw that he had done so but Gabe had no intention of dissuading Lex.

“She is rather bad at accepting things from people,” he agreed. “And I’m sure that the place does need some sprucing up. So,” he paused again, hoping that it seemed as if he was thinking about his options.

“I think that our only choice is to get it all done before she returns.” He gave the younger man a wide grin. “You do realize that we will both be in deep trouble when she returns. Various death threats and possible blunt objects thrown at our heads?”

Lex suppressed a wince and smirked back at Gabe across the table. “I'd rather not be thinking about that until it actually happens,” he admitted.

Of course he knew that Chloe wouldn't be happy, well not about the fact that he'd paid for everything, but he liked to think that once she got over her issues in that regard, she would see it as what it was. A gift from a friend who cared.

“So, in case there are no imminent projects, would you come back with me to her apartment later today?”

He kept Jean Pierre unmentioned for now. Lex found it worked best to be thrown into cold water with that man. There was seriously no way to prepare somebody beforehand.

Gabe had quite an amount of work to catch up on. But it had to take a backseat to this. It was his only daughter’s future happiness that was at stake, after all. He knew that if he explained to Lionel why things had to be given to his assistants the other man would have agreed that the work had to be farmed out.

He didn’t think Lionel would mind him cutting out of work for a few hours in order to bond with Lex. They were to be family, after all. The hard part would be explaining to the man that he was not about to tap his daughter’s apartment. Maybe he wouldn’t tell Lionel until after the visit.

“I’d be happy to help in any way I can, Lex,” Gabe said warmly. He was curious to see what Lex had in mind for Chloe’s apartment. He wasn’t sure if he would be able to ascertain anything of the man’s feelings for his daughter from what couch he had picked out but the information couldn’t hurt. Besides, he didn’t need any information other than the fact that Lex had come to him for help.

This marriage was a done deal.

~~~
    Lex stood in the open doorway to Chloe's bedroom, staring at the scenery in front of him. This wasn't possible. Jean Pierre had always been a little eccentric, but he'd also always hit the mark. Not this time.

“Jean Pierre,” he raised his voice enough to carry into the living room.

He couldn't believe the man had done this. As if the disaster in the living room hadn't been enough. Well, maybe disaster was putting it a little too harshly, but there had been a...well he couldn't describe it in other words than a 'shag rag' in front of the small fireplace in the living room.

Jean Pierre had been very nearly finished when Mr. Luthor had stopped by. Two hours ago. Now he was on the phone with his various minions letting them know that they were on standby.

His clients usually loved the little additions that he threw in. He remembered Mr. Luthor being pleased the first and second time he had decorated a space. However, things had gone a little differently this time.

This space was close to being his best work but Mr. Luthor did not appear to agree. He had immediately pointed out that he had not requested a fireplace. While true, Jean Pierre did not understand the point of the statement. The fireplace was a gift because Mr. Luthor had been such a loyal customer.

He had looked slightly chagrined at that comment but had explained that Chloe might think it was a little overboard.

At that point, Jean Pierre knew that he was in trouble and waited for Mr. Luthor to see the bedroom.

It was what they had discussed. Almost. He had taken things a step up and spared no expense on making the room as luxurious as possible. The highest Egyptian threat count sheets, deep colors of the finest paints and a lighting schema to rival that of the Metropolis Museum of Art.

The room was tasteful but had an erotic undercurrent. It had been a hard balance but Jean Pierre thought that it would be perfect for Mr. Luthor and his lover. Yes, he claimed that the woman was not his lover but the rich were synonymous with lying.

It was ridiculous. Plain and simple. But not ridiculous in an even slightly amusing way. The room looked like the damn honeymoon sweet of the Waldorf Astoria. The lighting could have been straight out of a playboy movie and the worst was the bed.

The bed was decked out in the most decadent sheets - the fact that he owned the very same set in a slightly different color aside - and on top of that, literally, there were two things that were simply inappropriate. He was a friend. Strictly platonic and no suggestion or subtext or undercurrent to that position whatsoever. At the moment, Lex had to sincerely stifle the urge to wrap his hands around Jean Pierre's throat and squeeze the little French ferret until he squeaked.

“This is unacceptable,” he grit out, pointing at the dark blue negligee and the heart shaped box of fine pralines on top of the damask comforter.

At least the man wasn’t commenting the room. Jean Pierre had suspected that those additions would get him into trouble. But he had not been too worried about it.

“I thought the color would compliment Chloe’s pale and delicate skin,” he said, simply. He knew that wasn’t the point that Mr. Luthor was attempting to make but could not help himself.

Lex did not allow his mind to even go there. Friends, platonic friends. No undercurrents. Why couldn't he have gotten laid when the opportunity had presented itself? Why had he then refused after the first failed attempt to try again? He took a deep breath.

“This is no appropriate gift, coming from a friend,” he enunciated every word clearly. “Chloe would not appreciate it, so,” he exhaled slowly, then took another breath. “Remove it and the box.”

He would not leave chocolates and a damn negligee on her bed. It was going to be hard enough resisting his damn impulses when she got back from Chicago. The last thing she needed was to think he actually wanted
    to start something with her. Which he didn't. Not like that. Because he didn't do relationships anymore. And Chloe was not going to be a one-night-stand.

“If you say so,” Jean Pierre remarked. It was clear from his tone that he did not agree with this choice but he did not wish to be throttled by Mr. Luthor. At least not tonight. He was rather tired.

He picked up the two items and murmured to himself, “Such a shame, she really would look lovely in it.” He ran his fingers across the delicate silk as he left the room. He decided to let Mr. Luthor explore the bathroom on his own. If something else was found to be objectionable he knew that he’d be called back in.

The only thing that the man could possibly have a problem with were the bath and shower gels that were in the room. They were not of the best quality, those were under the sink, but rather the ones that Chloe used on a day to day basis.

Lex willed himself to calm down as soon as he was alone in the room and strode on to the bathroom. If he found even one single scented candle in there, or incense, heaven help Jean Pierre because there would be no mercy.

He opened the door slowly and peered inside. On first glance, things seemed to be in order. Lex stepped fully inside. A few bottles were lined up on a neat shelf above the large clawfoot tub. New towels, hanging on a newly installed warmer. A new mirror above the sink, more elegant than the original one had been with silver framework.

Turning around to leave, his gaze fell on the partially open door and the robe hung up on it. The deep blue silk robe. Lex closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. He took a deep breath, then reached out to remove the robe from the hanger. The silk slid through his fingers like water. Finest quality.

He grit his teeth and stalked out of the bathroom, making his way straight into the living room. Jean Pierre stood squarely in the middle of the room, once again on the phone with one of his lackies, Lex assumed. He didn't care.

“Remove this as well,” he snarled and pressed the robe into the other man's hand.

“But sir,” he protested, uncaring to the conversation that he was supposed to be having with his second in command. “The other item I understand but this…getting rid of this is preposterous.”

The poor woman who lived here did not treat herself in the manner that she deserved. “Chloe is obviously a practical woman who buys only what she needs and rarely what she wants.”

“I was trying to give her a few things to spoil her with.” Mr. Luthor looked unmoved.

He held the robe out to Lex in close to a beseeching manner. “For the love of god man, it’s only a robe.”

Lex took a deep breath. “It's the robe that is obviously meant to go with the negligee,” he explained slowly. “And since she won't be getting the negligee, she won't need this particular robe, either.”

If the man wanted to get her a robe, he could get her something that didn't scream seduction. What was wrong with a nice, comfortable, warm terrycloth robe, anyway? “Get her something appropriate, if you insist on spoiling her.”

Slowly but surely, Lex was reaching the end of the rope. His patience had not only worn thin, it was by this point practically nonexistent. Added to that, he now would have to go through the rooms again, to make sure there weren't any surprises waiting in the office or the kitchen. At this point, he didn't trust Jean Pierre as far as he could throw him.

To Jean Pierre’s eyes the robe was appropriate. There was no cut out in the material to display key body parts. In fact, the robe reached past the knees on a shorter woman. Mr. Luthor was being very silly about the whole thing. Jean Pierre made a mental note to ensure that Chloe would get the gifts.

He knew that Mr. Luthor must want her to have them. His client would be leaving the apartment soon in order to let Jean Pierre finish the job. He was certain that he had some presentable boxes and tissue paper that was perfect for wrapping. Chloe would receive her gifts.

Dutifully, he responded, “Whatever you say, Mr. Luthor.”

~~~
    By the time Chloe made it back to her apartment she was utterly exhausted. Her group had taken the red eye and had been told that they were to take the day off. It was a nice gesture and one that Chloe was grateful for.

She hoisted her bag to a more comfortable position on her shoulder as she got out her keys. All she wanted to do was grab a hot shower and flop into bed.

Though at this time of morning, 3 a.m., it was more likely that the bed flopping would occur before the shower.

Chloe was excited that she was back home. She’d get to enjoy her apartment and she found that she was actually looking forward to Lex’s gift of a decorator. Now that she had money it would be enjoyable to make her home exactly the way she wanted it.

It would be nice to pick out what she wanted in her place and watch it get transformed before her very eyes. But, first she would sleep the sleep of the dead.

Almost immediately after shutting the door to her place she knew that something was wrong. It smelled different. She flicked the light on.

Her bags dropped unceremoniously to the floor and she heard something break in one of them. She gasped and all she could do was look around.

She knew it was her apartment but her mind was having difficulty accepting it. Everything was different. Part of her could recognize that it was utterly gorgeous and pretty close to perfect. But it was a small part of her mind that was quickly pushed to the side.

Her eyes fell on the couch that was so much like Lex’s and her lids narrowed. It was bigger than his and took up more of the floor space because it was L shaped. She could not even imagine how he had found it, how it had gotten there and how much it had cost. She could feel herself starting to get angry.

The feeling only intensified as she walked through the apartment. The whole place had been redone while she was gone. She hadn’t given him permission to do that. She hadn’t given any input to the process. She especially hadn’t given him a fucking key which meant that he had basically broken into her place again.

She started walking faster and faster through the place. The kitchen was all chrome and marble and her father would have been salivating had he been standing next to her. She ripped open the cabinets and saw that even her dishes were gone. The ones that had replaced them were colorful and obviously hand made with care. Chloe slammed the door shut before she threw them against the wall.

Her pictures had all been given new frames and were scattered at odd places along the walls. The bookcases were new and everything was properly organized.

She stalked to her bedroom and found that she was actually gasping at what she saw. Her bed remained but not much else. The colors were deep and evoked a sensual feeling….somehow. She touched the sheets on her bed and knew that they had to have cost thousands of dollars. Lush pillows were at the head of the bed and the wood had been polished. In the corner sat a huge leather chair that she could fit three of herself into.

One wall had wrought iron votive holders complete with candles and faux iron ivy on the edges. A box of long stemmed matches was on her new bedside table.

Chloe ignored the white box that sat on her bed tied with a blood red ribbon. She wouldn’t be surprised if Lex had left her a box of money, too.

The bathroom was totally different. Like the rest of the place it appeared that the window had been made larger, she had a huge tub and the light color scheme made the room appear bigger. Thankfully she noticed that her hair and body products had not been replaced. Another white box sat on the sink. Perhaps some gold bullion for her.

Her heart was hammering in her chest as she left the bedroom. The hall bathroom was just as bad as the rest of the place and when she walked into her office, she knew that she wasn’t going to be able to maintain herself.

The light switch had been moved.

She had clearly told Lex that she was no fool and would see to it herself. But he had moved it anyway. There was a heavy bag hanging in the corner but that was not what she wanted to hit.

When her eyes landed on the desk and chair that her father had bought her she thought she just might scream. Both of them had gone against her wishes. She had been perfectly clear and rational when she had spoken to them about what she did and did not want but the fuckers hadn’t given one good god damn about it.

They had merely swept in and taken over the place that she lived. Even through all the rage running through her, she could feel the twinge of hurt. They just didn’t understand that this was the first truly beautiful place that she lived in and she wanted to be the one to pick out all of this stuff.

Instead, they had done their manly duty and taken over. She was going to kill both of them. Soon.

She walked back out into the living room and looked around. After a moment she said, “Where the fuck is the fucking phone?” She couldn’t even fucking find anything in this fucking place.

Once she found it she was even angrier to see that Lex had put himself at number one on her fucking speed dial. She pressed the button and waited for the fucker to pick up his fucking phone.

She heard the mumbled greeting and was very happy to know that she had woken him up. “Alexander Joseph Luthor, what in the fuck did you think you were doing?”

Lex's eyes peeled open sleepily, as he stared at the phone. Why was Pamela calling him at 3 am and since when did she curse? Wait, Pamela had been dead for over 10 years now, so who the hell would be calling him at the dead of night to curse him out?

“Chloe,” he muttered questioning, his brain not fully awake yet.

“Yes,” she hissed. “It’s me. And I’m standing in my newly decorated apartment wondering what the fuck went through your chrome domed skull that made you do this.” She started to pace back and forth, noticing things that she hadn’t seen before. It was making her sick so she just closed her eyes.

'Chrome domed...?' Lex grunted and rolled over, preparing himself to leave his bed to get up and make coffee. This would obviously require his full mental capacity. “You don't like it,” he mumbled as he rubbed a hand over his eyes. “Did JP pick the wrong color scheme?”

He pushed the blanket aside, sneering as the cold night air hit him. “Hold on a second,” he muttered into the phone.

Lex tossed the cordless onto the mattress for the moment as he hunted down a t-shirt. When he'd finally located one on the chair across from his bed, he put it on, then crawled back onto the mattress to retrieve the phone. “Kay,” he said.

“Wrong color scheme,” Chloe practically shrieked. Lex couldn’t possibly think that what he had done was ok. He had to have known that she would react this way. Or else he didn’t know her as well as he liked to think.

“It’s not the fucking colors, Lex,” she said, pacing at a greater speed. “It’s the fact that you did this behind my back. I cannot even imagine how much of your money you poured into this place. How could you do all of this without my permission? I’m not one of your women Lex, you don’t get to set me up in the manner that you want!”

She kicked the couch. “This fucking couch probably costs more than two years worth of rent in this place. What were you thinking when you did this?”

“Hmm.”

Full sentences weren't really his forte before his first coffee. The only exception to that rule were live or death emergencies. He didn't think this was one. “Like the couch,” he asked, “thought the extension was a good idea,” the last few words were mumbled around a yawn as he padded into the kitchen.

Mechanically going through the motions of preparing the coffee, he put the phone aside, still clearly hearing Chloe's tantrum. Part of him was amused that he hadn't even had to push the speaker button.

“No, I don’t like the fucking couch, Lex!” It made her crazy that he was clearly not taking her seriously. Yes, he had just been woken up but it wasn’t a good enough excuse for her. She was mad as hell and he was treating the situation with the gravity that it deserved.

And, what, did he really expect her to back up his brilliant thought to make the couch bigger. Chloe started to realize that she couldn’t talk to him right now. Didn’t want to hear his voice anymore. It was making her nuts.

“I mean,” she looked over at the thing and tried to find something wrong with it. She knew from an objective view that it was a thing of beauty and looked dangerously comfortable. That if one sat in it they might lose the will to actually get up. “It’s….it’s….”

“Oh,” he voiced.

The coffee spoon dropped from his hand as his eyebrows dropped in a frown. “I'm sorry, thought you'd like it bigger, when friends come to visit or something,” his tone dropped in desolation.

Everything else had been JP's work, with restriction by Lex and suggestions by Gabe. The couch had been entirely his thing to set up for her. He'd thought it would be the one thing she wouldn't be angry about. “If you want, I'll have it removed and you can have mine,” he offered.

The coffee wasn't nearly done, either. Lex gave in to his baser instincts and immersed himself into sulking.

This she couldn’t take. The tone of voice that Lex was using was breaking her heart…along with his offer that she could take his couch. He was the one in the wrong and she found herself almost apologizing to him for what she had said. The world held no rhyme or reason.

Lex had apologized to her but didn’t seem to understand fully why she was so upset and she was the one feeling badly? There, now she was getting her anger back. That emotion was easier to deal with.

“I can’t talk to you right now,” she said honestly and then hung up the phone. After a moment she walked over to the cradle and slammed it down. She picked it up again and slammed it once more for good measure.

She was exhausted but couldn’t possibly stay here. Some of her coworkers had talked about going out as soon as the plane landed. She was certain that she could catch up with them.

Chloe fished her purse out of the bags that were still by the door and started to look for her cell phone. A few hours away from the situation would help. She’d deal with her father and Lex accordingly at a later time.

Lex stared blankly at the phone for a moment before he put it down on the counter. This was not good. He knew that, but somehow all that penetrated his brain at the moment was that Chloe didn't like his couch.

When the coffee was done, he poured a large cup and settled down on one of the barstools. He leaned heavily onto the counter, sipped his coffee and stared into the darkness of his living room. Hopefully things would look better in the morning. Well morning was only four hours away. Maybe they'd look better in the afternoon, then.

Red face Re: Buyouts, Hostile Takeovers & Matchmaking (PG-13/R)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabby
    She stalked to her bedroom and found that she was actually gasping at what she saw. Her bed remained but not much else. The colors were deep and evoked a sensual feeling….somehow. She touched the sheets on her bed and knew that they had to have cost thousands of dollars. Lush pillows were at the head of the bed and the wood had been polished. In the corner sat a huge leather chair that she could fit three of herself into.
    Well, one can only imagine what Lex and Chloe could do together in her bedroom Sorry, couldn´t help myself (feeling embarrased )

“It’s not the fucking colors, Lex,” she said, pacing at a greater speed. “It’s the fact that you did this behind my back. I cannot even imagine how much of your money you poured into this place. How could you do all of this without my permission? I’m not one of your women Lex, you don’t get to set me up in the manner that you want!”
    Well, she could be one of his women (well, in her case I think Lex will make her THE ONLY ONE), but that´s your thing to decide, cannot wait how you write them out of this

When the coffee was done, he poured a large cup and settled down on one of the barstools. He leaned heavily onto the counter, sipped his coffee and stared into the darkness of his living room. Hopefully things would look better in the morning. Well morning was only four hours away. Maybe they'd look better in the afternoon, then.
    Cannot wait for their first meeting after her coming back.Hope the sexual tension is still there.Could be interesting to see some verbal judo occur

Anyway, good job, cannot wait for your next update, as this totally made my day

This chapter had me LOL the whole way through. So many great lines... especially some of what Gabe was thinking.
    Lionel had beamed at the good news and kept calling him to rehash the details that they knew. Gabe had put his secretary on strict instructions to not put Lionel’s calls through. He was waiting for a carrier pigeon to appear with a note.
    Keeping one’s face neutral when all you wanted to do was grin like a damn fool was very hard indeed. Lex was here to discuss Chloe, plain and simple. God, Lionel’s head was going to explode. Gabe had to clear his throat to keep from laughing at that visual.
    That is a great visual!
    I especially loved this line:
    Reaching across the table and kissing Lex was not an option so Gabe pretended to mull over Lex’s proposition.

Poor Lex, doesn't think Chloe liked his couch, but, I'm confident all will be forgiven...eventually.
    Once again, great job!

Members

I just love this story. Great update!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information