+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 185 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyouts, Hostile Takeovers & Matchmaking (PG-13/R)

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Buyouts, Hostile Takeovers & Matchmaking (PG-13/R)

Oh trouble in paradise for Lex and Chloe. LOL! I am so glad that Skylar will be making an exit soon. She was a pain in Lex's ass. Now if Chloe gets rid of her guy it will be perfect.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

God! Chloe and Lex are dating such losers! I can't stand it but I know that it's a good thing because they can both get the hell out of their relationships and "spar" with each other a little more great update!!

Steph*

After reading what the significant others are really like I think Lex and Chloe need another sparring match to work out some more frustration! What assholes! I like how both Chloe and Lex (for very good reasons) were both 'not in the mood' that night!
    Selfish little piss ants! Can't accept that someone is just too damned tired?!?!?! PFFT!

Anyway, I loved this update and *patiently* await more!

Addicted to Baby Luthors bluengreenswmer's Avatar

Chloe-the idiot shes dating=single Chloe
    Lex-the idiot hes engaged to=single Lex
    Single Chloe+single Lex=chlex

Isn't it beautiful the way things add up?

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar

I really think Skylar and Teddie would be perfect for each other!! They obviously only care about themselves and what they want!! They were made for each other!! I love your update!! I can't wait for Chloe and Lex's next meeting!!

i loved that both lex and chloe turned down their partners...makes me happy.
    im now excited for the next intervention by the fathers or the next run in for chloe and lex...raise the heat level by a notch...

randa

LarkLuthor
    Just a Guest!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabby
    A/N: Sabby: Even in Exile, I manage to snag some internet. So here's an update you fiends. ... Oh and Lark, no more yelling or trying to instigate mob hysteria, that's not very nice of you. We appreciate any and all feedback though *smirk*.
    Hey! It's not my fault fiends aren't very well behaved! My fiend's job as the leader is more to direct the longings for fic into the proper areas and times...Even it out by ensuring one fic isn't left out when it needs attention and giving guidelines for when certain persuasive behavior is acceptable. I merely told them they were within their rights to continue to the next level of fic procurement. They’re not allowed to start a riot until at least a couple weeks after the last update. Although, the nature of the stopping point has some influence on how soon certain behavior is acceptable. Also quality of a recent chapter ideal usually an author more time…

Wonderful portryal of the bored upperclass and their meddling mothers, entertaining yet not quite stereotypical.

I do so love an anoyed Lex! And Chloe sounded like she was going to hit the idiot. Remind me why living with the guy is a requirement when she's only in it for the sex?

And remember to update soon!

Lark

NS Full Member

A/N:Sabby: Okay fiends, this is a slightly longer one. And something you have all been waiting for shall come to pass. *Watches the collective minds plunge into the gutter* Heh, you're so easy, all of you *smirk*

A/N: Blue: A monster chapter filled with almost every character. Fights, humor and intrigue await you. Enjoy!

Teddy had been in an ubergrumpy mood the next morning. Whenever Chloe tried to start a conversation with him he shot her down and left the room. Inside, she was fuming but she didn’t let it show. Well, much. Once she was slighted by him twice she stopped talking to him as well.

She couldn’t believe the immaturity he was displaying. Her hopes for a quiet morning at home shattered, she decided to go to the office early. That way she’d have some privacy for what she had planned.

Once settled at her desk Chloe grabbed a nondescript piece of paper and everyday pen. She found herself wondering if Lex would get it checked for prints but shrugged it off. If he was going to get all crazy about it she’d just have to admit that it was her.

The note itself didn’t have to be very long or descriptive. After watching Skylar cave under her mother’s insistence Chloe had a pretty good idea as to what the woman was like.

Ask Skylar about Phillipe Contr' Vance

Simple and to the point. And when Lex blindsided the woman with his questions Chloe was sure she would fold under the pressure.

After taking the express train cross town to LuthorCorp Chloe rode up the elevator, smiling at one of the security guards that she recognized. She just hoped that Lex wasn’t in yet. Or, if he was, that he wasn’t in his office.

Walking down the hallway she noticed that the workers that populated the office were sparse. She peered around the corner and saw that both Lex’s office was empty and his secretary was not at her desk. Quickly, Chloe stalked into his office and placed the envelope with his name scrawled on it upon his desk. Just as quickly as she had entered the office, she left it.

Looking around she didn’t think that many people had seen her. Besides, no one would mention her presence to Lex being that they weren’t friends. Also, she’d stop in to see her dad to make sure she had a cover story.

Lex returned from his brunch meeting a little later than he'd expected, grateful that it had at least turned out with the wanted results. LuthorCorp had acquired a new liaison and he himself a new contact for his personal projects.

Striding past the desk of his secretary, he gave the woman a short nod, waiting for any pressing matters to be hurled at him, which thankfully didn't happen. He shut his office doors behind him and released a short breath, then continued briskly towards his desk to start in on another round of reports and day to day paper work.

His eyes landed on a small white envelope with his name written on top in a slightly large, loopy script. Snatching it up, he opened it to find a folded piece of paper inside.

His eyebrow rose slowly as he read the short instruction.

“Contr' Vance,” he murmured the name out loud, trying to find the connection to a face in his mind.

He opened his laptop and connected to the internet. One search bar entry and a few clicks later, he got his person.

His eyes narrowed as he scanned a short article about a Polo match in New Hampshire, that not only said Count had attended, but also, as luck would have it, his very own fiancée. 'Interesting,' he thought.

But why would anyone warn him about this, and why now? He minimized the article of the Polo match and tried to think of anything important that might have been the catalyst for this note.

'Last night, the Exhibition,' his eyes once again narrowing, he clicked his way through every article he could find on said exhibition, paying close attention to any guests listed. Nothing about the Count. Lex's brows narrowed.

He leaned back in his chair, steepling his fingers as his mind worked, his eyes focusing inward. He had a note, asking him to confront Skylar about Contr' Vance, an article of a Polo game dating back a few weeks, including a picture that showed the Count and the women of the Schultz family in conversation and most importantly a suspicious feeling tingling at the back of his mind. Of course that could be simply because he was always suspicious when receiving anonymous notes.

On the other hand, there was no proof that the Count and Skylar had had any contact aside from that one polo match and there was no indication that Contr' Vance had been attending the exhibition. Meaning, he would indeed have to confront Skylar. But he would have to do it in a way that wasn't too suspicious.

This note might well be a simple means of a jealous third party to torpedo his relationship with Skylar, thereby creating room for themselves to step in. Of course that would only make sense if the third party was going after Skylar since his interest in dating, or even fucking around had waned significantly after he'd actively started to get married.

He put the paper back in the envelope and tucked the envelope itself safely into his briefcase. Making a mental note to confront Skylar tonight, he turned back to his work. In case there really was more going on, he would get rid of Skylar immediately. 'Fuck, and here I thought it would be smooth sailing this time.'

~~~~
    The tiny voices of Lex and Chloe played out on the state of the art speakers that were imbedded in the laptop. Lionel watched their back and forth for what had to be the fiftieth time. He couldn’t stop himself from doing so. He needed all of the information that was available to them in order for the plan to work.

After the numerous viewings, Lionel was sure that the pair had a definite interest in each other. Physically, at least. They also seemed to be able to bait one another quite well. Causing a certain kind of tension to hang in the air. He just wished that Chloe hadn’t tried that roundhouse. If she hadn’t, who knows where they would have ended up. Lionel looked at the small table tucked away in the corner wistfully.

Surely there was something wrong with rooting on your son to have sexual relations on a table in a break room. But now, Lionel couldn’t place why it was wrong.

He stared intently at Chloe, trying to figure out the best way for Lex to get inside of her mind and heart. She had hardened slightly over the years. That much was clear. And, it might take all of Lionel’s, Lex’s and Gabe’s combined bag of tricks to break through to her.

Gabe sighed, casting another glance towards Lionel who was still avidly watching the video feed of the meeting between their children. '26 times.' The meeting had been only yesterday and as far as Gabe knew, Lionel had been watching this video twenty-six times already. This time not counted. He shook his head.

“Lionel, even I can recite everything they said at this point,” he groused, “There is nothing that either one of us has missed, trust me.”

It was downright eerie how focused the man got to the point of forgetting about such important things as eating, never mind work. “We have to arrange another meeting between them, or maybe talk to them separately and bring the other one up or something.” He strode towards the desk, stopping right in front of Lionel and the laptop. “But this,” he closed his hand over the top of it and started pushing it closed.

“Is useless now.” 'Not to mention creeping me out!' he added silently.

Lionel ran a hand over his face. “I know that you’re right, Gabe. But, I have control over that damned video,” he said, gesturing to the now closed laptop. “I can speed them up, slow them down and zoom in. And, if I gave the IT guys enough time, I could make them do and say what I wanted them to, as well.”

He saw the look that Gabe was giving him and let that idea drop. “I just want to feel as if we’re making some headway in this. I can, however, concede that your plan is a far better way to go then making myself blind by staring at the screen.”

That didn’t mean that Lionel would stop watching it. No, he just wouldn’t do so in front of Gabe anymore.

He leaned back in his chair. “I think that feeling them out separately about each other is the best first step. Maybe also bringing up their current bad choices and then segueing into our choice for them might plant a seed of comparing the two.”

Lionel nodded to himself. “Yes, then we’ll arrange for them to meet again. After they’ve thought about each other in respect to their current significant others it might be interesting to see if there is any change in their interactions.” That would be a good experiment…plus, Lionel would have more video to go over after that.
    ~~~
    After another 12 hour day at work, Lex made it back to his house a little after nine in the evening. He was sure that Skylar would be home, since she didn't have a particularly full schedule. He didn't even know if she even knew what regular employment was.

Opening the front door, he cast the yapping little bitch a glare that froze the annoying hairy creature in its approach, then kicked in the general direction of the beast before making his way into the kitchen.

“Skylar?” He called out for her when he'd found her neither in the living room, nor in the kitchen.

She couldn't possibly still be in bed? Or already in bed for that matter.

His mind had wondered back to the note in his briefcase at odd intervals and he was hell bent to find out what was behind it, sooner rather than later.

As she dried off her hair, Skylar heard her name being called. She had just stepped out of the shower. Lex’s voice boomed throughout the house and she pulled open the door to the bathroom. “I’m in here, I just got out of the shower.”

Pulling a towel around her body she stepped out of the bathroom and into their bedroom. She wondered if Lex wanted to discuss what had happened between them last night. She couldn’t decide if that was good or bad.

She’d spent the day with her mother going over all of the Count’s good attributes and it felt strange to still have to live with Lex when her heart was now elsewhere.

Lex nodded to himself when he got confirmation from the bedroom, then got a drink from the fridge. He wasn't sure yet how to approach the topic of the Count, but he would find a way to let it flow into the conversation smoothly.

Going back to the living room with his drink, he settled down on the comfortable leather sofa, waiting for Skylar to finally join him so they could have a long overdue talk about boundaries, respect and Contr' Vance. So much for an easy-going sweet personality.

Clad in her robe Skylar walked out into the living room and found Lex sitting on the couch. She smiled at him and then joined him, leaning against him and closing her eyes. Even though she knew that she was now destined to be with the Count, it didn’t mean that she wouldn’t enjoy her last few days with Lex.

Once sobering up she had felt bad about her thoughts of the previous night. But, she comforted herself with the knowledge that it was Lex’s actions that made her think that way. She was also certain that he’d find someone who would be a better match for him.

She didn’t look forward to the conversation when she informed him that she was leaving him. Then again, better he be on that side of the conversation than she.

Lex cast a glance down his shoulder at Skylar. Her hair was still wet and the water was already soaking through to his shirt. He gritted his teeth and kept his mouth shut about that fact. If he wanted to get anywhere, it wouldn't do to bring that up now.

“How was your day,” he asked smoothly, staring straight ahead into the empty fireplace.

Whatever her answer was, he'd somehow have to take it from there. Hopefully, it wouldn't take too long. Lex wasn't too fond of small talk, let alone when he knew it was likely to be as interesting as watching paint dry.

“Fairly uneventful,” she said. When Lex didn’t make a comment about it, Skylar felt herself continuing to talk. “I spent some time with my mother.” She remembered that she was supposed to be planning their wedding so she added, “She’s now on me about what type of dress I’m supposed to wear.”

She craned her neck and looked up at Lex. “You know, she doesn’t approve of the cut, the length of the train, the number of bridesmaids and the fact that I don’t want to wear a veil.”

Lex used the opening she had, however unwittingly, provided him, looking down at her from the corner of his eyes to be able to read her reaction.

“I'm surprised she approves of your choice of husband, the way she's disapproving of anything else involving this wedding,” he commented lowly.

He wasn't sure yet what exactly was going on between Skylar and Contr' Vance, or if there was even anything going on, but the answer to this question would already give him a clue.

Skylar blinked rapidly a few times and said, “Of course she approves of you, Lex.” She turned away from his gaze and muttered, “What a thing to say.”

Her heart was hammering in her chest and she had to change the subject of the conversation. And quickly. “So, how was your day? Any interesting hostile takeovers to speak of.”

Lex's gaze stayed fixed on her, even when she turned away. Her reaction had been a definite tell. She was lying through her teeth. Not to mention that she'd never before shown any interest in talking about his work, so her deflecting the topic onto him was a dead give away that something was not right.

The smirk growing a little more pronounced, he decided to use it to his advantage. “Oh nothing too exciting, endless amounts of paper work, conference calls, an invitation to a gala ball. Some major event of some royalty or other planning to celebrate his country, and of course his own existence while he's at it,” he recounted nonchalantly.

He'd checked up a little more on the Count during the day and found out that he'd hold a gala ball in a few days time. He hoped to get some more of a reaction to that one.

Skylar gulped and was certain that the noise was audible to Lex. Which was ridiculous, of course. But, she felt it nonetheless. Lex hadn’t asked her a question so a response from her was not necessarily warranted. However, she could feel Lex staring down at her.

“Well, you know royalty. Never missing an opportunity to toot their own horn.” Feigning nonchalance Skylar asked, “Are you going to be attending?” If Lex decided that he wanted to go to the party himself it would be a crimp in her and her mother’s plans.

Lex had seen her throat move when she had gulped at his comment. He was also aware that her lashes were still beating rapidly and the water that made its way down her temple in a single drop surely didn't come from the shower.

Keeping a small smile on his face belying his inward mood, he raised a hand to brush some hair of her face with gentle fingers. Her skin was clammy. “I think we should attend, don't you? I'm sure you would stun every man in the room and give every single female cause for jealousy when you show up in a new, breathtaking dress.”

Deciding he might as well add a little emotional blackmail to make things worse, he added, “I also would like to make up for not accompanying you to the exhibition yesterday.”

Smiling up at Lex, Skylar said, “I’d like that.” ‘Fuck, fuck, fuck.’ She needed to be at this event along. Why was Lex all of a sudden expressing such an interest in going to the gala anyway? It was so unlike him.

A heavy feeling presented itself in her stomach. She didn’t know how, and she didn’t know if she was being paranoid but she couldn’t shake the feeling that Lex knew. Trying to remind herself that only she and her mother were privy to the conversation that they had had last night, Skylar remained calm.

“But, I know that you hate these things. You don’t have to come if you don’t want to.” She leaned up and kissed him on the tip of the nose.

Now he knew that there was something going on. There was no way she'd pass up and opportunity to go to some glittery event, and even less of a chance that she'd actively give Lex an out of it, after he offered of his own volition.

“Skylar,” he murmured, making her name half question, half statement. He once again raised his hand slowly to brush her hair out of her face, planning to remove every last possibility of hiding behind something.

Lex was looking down at her and she felt as if he could see right through her. She had to try and get away from him physically, it was her only out. Maybe she could fake being sick. When she made a small movement to pull away from him, Skylar felt Lex’s arm tighten around her. She was now effectively trapped.

She wouldn’t give anything away that she didn’t need to, however. There was still the chance that she was being paranoid. “Yes Lex?”

Skylar was being down right jittery, and he knew that she was very close to breaking down. He couldn't care less at the moment for subtle, it was one more question, asked in the right way and he'd know everything he need to know.

At this point he was convinced that she was either a) already having an affair or b) planning to leave him for someone else. Said someone being the Count.

”Why don't you tell me, I'd really rather hear it from you,” he said smoothly, pinning her down with his gaze as much as his arm around her shoulder.

She evaded his gaze as she started to speak. “I was just thinking about us. And, well, I don’t think that you like me very much. We don’t have anything in common. I mean, I think that we both know that this was just a marriage of convenience.” She looked back up at him but she couldn’t read his face. As usual.

“So, I think. I think that it’s best that we don’t make a mistake and, um, go through with the…the marriage.” She let out a huge breath, already feeling much better about this. She’d just have to call her mother later and inform her that she thought it best to be free and clear when she met the Count.

Lex's brow rose slowly, keeping his gaze fixed on hers. So Skylar had lost interest in their marriage and turned towards greener pastures, namely Contr' Vance. “I see,” he stated slowly.

Smirking coldly, he got up from the couch and went for the cell phone in his jacket pocket. He didn't even look back at Skylar as he continued on, “Your things will be delivered to your apartment tomorrow morning, take whatever you want to have with you right now and leave my house.”

He pulled out his cell phone, flipped it open and dialed the number of his contact at the inquisitor. When the guy on the other end of the line picked up, he spoke without preamble. “You can release the article tomorrow morning, the usual commentary and enough rumor to make it believable. Bring up the name Phillippe Contr' Vance.”

“Lex,” Skylar screamed as she rose to her feet. “No, you can’t do that!” She didn’t think that he would take it this far. She assumed that they would just break up in a private manner as was customary in their circles.

He looked over to her, his phone still pressed to his ear. “Please, please don’t do this.” By now, she was clutching onto his shirt. “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. You can’t do this, it will ruin me.” But, of course Lex knew that. Which is why he was doing it.

If this happened, her mother would be livid. And, it was uncertain if whether the Count would be amenable to their union. Even though royalty was always in the rags, the Count was famous for not standing for rumors that were perpetrated against him. He would have no choice but to denounce that he was involved with her.

“Haven’t I been a good girlfriend to you?” She realized how stupid that question was right about now and added, “Well, until this?”

Lex flipped the phone shut and turned around, looking at the hysterical woman in front of him. He had no sympathy whatsoever. “Causing a scene will not change anything,” he stated coldly.

Slipping the cell into his pant pocket, he took a hold of Skylar's hands and pried them off his shirt. “Now, take what you want to have with you,” he repeated slowly, “And leave my house.”

Letting go of her hands, he stepped past her and back through the living room to the veranda, sliding the doors open and stepping into the cold air. “And don't forget your rat,” he added loudly when the ball of fur rocketed past him.

~~~~
    When Chloe returned home Teddy was sitting on the couch watching some reality TV show. She still didn’t understand the draw of them and couldn’t believe that she was actually living with a man who enjoyed them.

As she shucked her coat off and made her way to the couch she noticed that he didn’t even give her a hello. During the day she had cooled off. But, Teddy’s infantile behavior got her ire stoked once more. The whole thing was total and utter bullshit. A fact that they needed to be clear about.

She was not about to be in a relationship of any kind where she was given a guilt trip for not wanting to put out when she was exhausted in every way, shape and form.

Sitting down next to Teddy she picked up the remote and clicked the TV off. “What the fuck is your problem?”

Teddy glared at the dark screen for a moment, before turning his face towards Chloe. “Except that you just turned off the TV in the middle of my favorite show,” he asked snidely.

He was still pretty irate about the fact that Chloe had held out on him, not only the night before, but also in the morning. She hadn't even apologized for her attitude and tried to make 'small talk' of all things. Teddy didn't want small talk, he wanted a nice hard fuck.

“I'm just wondering why you're acting like you do at the moment,” he commented blithely, “You on your monthlies or something?”

Of all of the things that Teddy could have chosen to say…

“Just when I think you can’t make any more of an ass of yourself you go and say something so stereotypically stupid as that,” she seethed at him. She threw the remote down on the table. “One would have nothing to do with the other but just for your information, no I’m not.”

She stared him down. “I’m sure that you’ve reasoned that I’m all crazy with the hormones coursing through my body. That it’s the only possible factor that I would turn down having you nail me before falling off to sleep.” Her eyes hardened as she spoke. Chloe was fine with not having the most perceptive of lovers but this was really just too much.

“How about the fact that when you come home semi-drunk from work you’re not very good at it? Or maybe the fact that I had already taken care of myself beforehand, knowing that you would come home like that and I would be better than you at that point?” Her voice was getting progressively colder. Then she leaned in and said, “Or how about the possibility that I was exhausted after getting up early in the morning to do all of the things that I asked you to do the day before, going to the gym, going to work and then going to an event I had to cover for work?”

She leaned away from him. “Nope, guess none of those things occurred to you. Then again, I don’t know if you ever think of anything past yourself so it’s not fair to expect that those thoughts would go through your mind.”

Teddy rolled his eyes. Of course he'd come away the asshole in this, never mind the fact that half the time he did all the things she 'asked' him to do, which pretty much amounted to the entire household, since she was oh so busy with her work. “Sure right, lay the blame on the guy. You knew from the beginning how my job works, and you didn't have a problem with it, now all of a sudden it's not convenient for you anymore, so you want to what? Just put me on the shelf until it suits you to have a fuck?” He got up from the couch, going straight for the bedroom.

He'd had about enough of that shit and the red-head had actually managed to get his cell number out of one of his colleagues, so there was nothing keeping him here.

“You know what? Bugger this!” He yelled the last over his shoulder, already throwing the few belongings he'd brought into Chloe's apartment into his duffel bag.

Chloe watched the impressive hissy fit in a detached manner. She hadn’t really expected anything else from Teddy. He wasn’t one of those sit and discuss things with you type of guy. More of the fly off the handle type.

Which is why, she supposed, she had pushed him. His display last night had been the last straw. She did know that his schedule was crazy and it had been ok with her. Mostly because it meant that she wouldn’t have to deal with him being around all that much. And, what did that say about her?

She watched as he packed his belongings and looked over to her. He clearly expected her to stop him. But, she wasn’t going to. This resolution was the best for both of them. She could maybe date someone with more substance and he could go back to screwing random bar patrons.

When Teddy reached the front door, the bag slung over his shoulder, Chloe held out her hand. “Key please.” Teddy angrily fished out his key ring and yanked her key off of it, throwing it in the general vicinity of her.

She shook her head. “Speaking of buggering,” she opened the front door and then pushed him through it, “go bugger yourself.”

Chloe started to slam the door but she was hampered by the fact that Teddy had stuck his foot in the doorjamb.

There was one more thing he had to say, and he'd be damned to let her just take the easy way out and push him out before saying it. Getting into her face, he stepped closer, his voice dropping and getting heavy on his natural accent, “'For you go shagging the next guy, you should stop and straighten out your noggin 'bout what you actually want.”

With that, he turned around and walked, closing the door behind him as he went. He could have left her the satisfaction of banging the door behind him, but why should he.

Chloe stared at the shut door and resisted the urge to go after him and beat him into a bloody pulp. Then she remembered that Teddy wasn’t worth going to jail for. Taking a few more deep breaths calmed her down.

When the phone rang she almost jumped out of her skin. “Hello,” she said in a highly annoyed tone of voice. She didn’t feel like talking to anyone right now. ‘Then why did you answer it?’ She shook her head, trying to clear it of Teddy’s parting words and getting herself to focus on the person on the other end of the line.

Gabe's brows flew up at his daughter's tone of voice. She managed to project a lot of emotion into one single word. “Hey sweetheart, it's me,” he started, toning down to a somewhat more soothing voice. “How are you?”

Not wanting to get into what was going on right now, Chloe checked her attitude and said, “I’m ok, Dad? What’s up?”

Sometimes her father called just to chat but she picked up on his slightly businesslike tone. He had a specific topic to broach with her and she just wanted to get on with it. That way, she’d be able to get off the phone, take a shower and then go to sleep.

In the morning, she’d clean the apartment, a ritual she always followed after a break up. But, she first needed to run to the store to get some of the cleaning agents. Being that it was already late, she needed to wrap up things with her dad so she could run out and get the necessary items.

Gabe's surprise turned into a frown. Obviously, Chloe was highly annoyed by something, but didn't want to talk. He knew from experience that pressing the issue at the moment would only lead to a fight, so he let it slide. But he would bring it up tomorrow.

“I was just calling to ask if you want to meet for lunch tomorrow,” he answered, “My secretary told me I missed you by only a few minutes this morning, so I thought I could make up for that.” Not to mention use the opportunity to feel out her thoughts and feelings in regards to a certain bald billionaire.

Chloe mentally went through her schedule. She didn’t have any assignments for tomorrow. She was just helping out the new copy editor in the morning and the afternoon would be spent in a story idea meeting. So, she could meet her father.

The question was whether she wanted to or not. But, best to face the music and the inevitable ‘I told you so’s that he would be thinking sooner rather than later.

“Yeah, lunch tomorrow sounds good, Dad.” She thought about running into Lex again and it unsettled her for some reason. Maybe it was the fact that the last time they hadn’t ended on the best note. Maybe it was because of her note. But, she didn’t want to take the chance in case he was skulking about the office.

“Let me know where and I’ll meet you. I think that would work best for me.” She took out the phone book from under the sink and thumbed through it. She was no longer in the mood to cook and a pizza sounded divine.

Gabe went from concern to confusion. Why wouldn't she want to meet in the office? She usually just showed up, reminding him that eating was a necessity and they'd both decide where to meet and head from there. “Alright, if you're sure. Where would you like to go?”

He didn't want to risk choosing somewhere she didn't want to go and rekindle her annoyance that just might sink to a lower level come tomorrow.

Pondering the question Chloe said, “How about that Thai place that we keep meaning to go to all the time?” There was a really good Italian joint that they usually went to but after tonight’s pizza she didn’t think she’d be in the mood for the place tomorrow.

Plus, from all the research that she had done about Lex back in Smallville, she remembered that he hated Thai food. That way, there was no way that they’d run in to him.

Gabe nodded, even though he knew Chloe couldn't see him. “Ok that sounds good,” he answered verbally.

He wasn't particularly fond of Thai, and he himself would have chosen their usual Italian place that was much closer, but if Chloe wanted sharp and slimy, she'd get that. Even though it made no sense, considering that neither Chloe nor him were actually so into it themselves, and it had more been a joke between them to actually go try it sometime.

“I'll see you tomorrow then, sweetheart,” he ended the conversation, knowing he wouldn't get anywhere.

Gabe made a mental promise to find out just what the hell was going on as soon as he could bring it up over lunch.

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar

Hee hee. Both 'significant others' are history! Yay!!!! Lionel is hilarious and slightly creepy in this (he has wayyyy too much interest in Lex's sex life). Love how obsessive he's being but it's good that Gabe is there to be rational and balance him out. Glad that Chloe and Lex are now single again, bring on the next meeting!!!
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, Well, Well, it seems our lovely couple have made things just a little easier for Lionel and Gabe. They each got rid of their own worthless others! Course, I like how Chloe's little hint helped Lex have the upper hand to that bitches little scheme!

Oh, and Lionel's obsession to watch the video over and over and over again is so typical! Poor Gabe, he's finding out about Lionel's wierdness first hand!

This was a good chapter, though I can't wait for some chlex interaction of 'any' sort!! (Maybe they can at least ride the elevator together or something?)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information