+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 185 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Buyouts, Hostile Takeovers & Matchmaking (PG-13/R)

Smile Re: Buyouts, Hostile Takeovers & Matchmaking (PG-13/R)

Really love this fic hope to see more soon.....

NS Full Member

Re: Buyouts, Hostile Takeovers & Matchmaking (PG-13/R)

I Want More....soon!

NS Full Member

This is too hysterical! I loved the banter. Gabe and Lionel were absolutely too funny. I can't wait to see what happens next. Just an after thought, what are they going to do if Chloe doesn't want to be married and have kids? She didn't seem all that interested in that when she was thinking after her kick boxing lesson.

Susan S

LarkLuthor
    Just a Guest!

*a megaphone echoes throughout NS*

"Attention all fanfic fiends! Blue and Sabby's newest production is nearing a week since last update. As some of you may be aware, the basic rule of thumb before begging, bribing, and threatening should start in full is one week. This is your Lord of Fiends officially granting permission to begin 12 hours earlier. You may commence."

Lark

NS Full Member

A/N: Sabby: Even in Exile, I manage to snag some internet. So here's an update you fiends. ... Oh and Lark, no more yelling or trying to instigate mob hysteria, that's not very nice of you. We appreciate any and all feedback though *smirk*.

A/N: Blue: Another update, another opportunity to yell at the significant others of our favorite couple.

Chloe tried to stifle another yawn. It wasn’t just that this place was boring it was also that she was damn tired too. That, and no one else really deemed her worthy enough to speak to. All in all the gala art opening sucked big time.

As did the artwork, if you could call it that, that was all over the huge studio. Chloe briefly considered changing the focus of the puff piece that she had been assigned to into an expose about how artists got booked to these things.

Clearly, talent had nothing to do with it.

At least the free food was excellent. After finishing off another jumbo shrimp, Chloe downed the champagne. She’d need sustenance in order to get any decent quotes from the various society stick figures that were flitting about the room.

Edison Triton, a made up name if ever there was one, was already swamped by well wishers so he was out for now. That meant that she would be forced to make nice with some of the women, and there were quite a few, that were admiring the art.

As she walked by a particularly horrid sculpture Chloe thought she recognized one of the women who was looking at it. She just didn’t know from where.

Felicity Schultz regarded the 'piece of art', and she used that term very lightly, in front of her with an elegantly sculpted arched brow and a slight, dismayed twist to her lips. Why her daughter insisted on not only attending, but outright supporting these exhibitions, she couldn't fathom.

The artists were not only devoid of talent, but also in most cases of manners and respect. It was a very ungratifying past time to follow, to say the least.

Letting her gaze roam lightly, to find her daughter in the midst of the crowd and see if any other important people might be in attendance despite better judgment, her eyes caught a young blonde woman, standing close to her right. The moment the woman established eye contact, Felicity knew what she was.

It was almost impossible to escape a columnist once eye contact was established, but Felicity would try her damnest, none the less. She turned away from the woman in question and started to walk towards a larger group of business men she knew by association from her husband.

Though the message from the older woman was received loud and clear, Chloe didn’t let that deter her from following Felicity Schultz as the older woman tried to ditch her. She was curious as to why someone of her status would be attending this.

Yes, it was in a trendy part of town. And yes, supporting the arts was very big with those who had too much time and money on her hands. But, of all of the artists to support? Mrs. Schultz might be an ice cold bitch but she did usually have good taste.

Chloe did her best to look as if she were assessing each piece as she passed it by. However, when she remembered how much she had been ignored since the moment she set foot over the threshold, she gave up the ghost. It’s not like anyone would see that she was basically stalking another guest.

From her place beside a column with a plastic duck’s head atop, five thousand big ones if you were interested in making it your very own, she could see Mrs. Schultz worm her way into a group of people and then grab the arm of what turned out to be her daughter and lead her away from the group.

Her daughter who was marrying Lex. Until Chloe had caught sight of the woman, she had forgotten that little fact. It was ironic that Chloe had been sparring with Lex just a few hours ago and was now watching his fiancée getting a talking to from her mother.

Unable, or unwilling was more like it, to stop herself from doing so, Chloe circled around them and was able to remain unseen by them as she leaned against another horrid piece of artwork.

“Penelope, we need to speak. This is neither the ideal time, nor the ideal place, but since you refused to listen to me this afternoon, you give me no other choice,” Felicity began coldly.

She'd spent the entire afternoon with her daughter, making wedding arrangements. While essentially, she was all for the marriage between her daughter and Lex Luthor, there were still a few facts that did not sit well with her. The fact that the man in question had already been married seven times, for one.

“Mother, I’ve told you that I prefer to be called Skylar.” When she looked at her mother she saw that the woman was in no mood to have this particular discussion. Sighing, she said, “I thought that you liked Lex. You said it yourself, he’s very wealthy, has a good family name and travels in the same society circles as your friends.” When a waiter passed by them Skylar quickly took a flute of champagne off of his tray. She desperately needed it.

“I don’t understand why you’re trying to talk me out of it.”

Chloe knew that her mouth was hanging open and she should do something about it. She closed it, her teeth making a loud, dull noise and she tried to continue to eavesdrop on their conversation. She noticed that Skylar didn’t mention her own feelings, or what passed for them, towards Lex, but it didn’t surprise her. The rich were different.

Inching closer still, Chloe was thankful for the huge drapes that were hanging off a red glittered window frame with no pane in it that was going for a mere fifteen hundred dollars. The drapes kept her partially hidden but she could still hear the conversation very well.

“I am very well aware of what I said,” Felicity replied, casting a quick glance around to make sure nobody was paying heed to the argument that might be about to start.

Felicity hated public displays of any kind. “However, I am taking into consideration his past record and it has come to my attention that none of his former marriages lasted longer than two months at best.”

She had known before that the younger Luthor had been married several times, however when the full width of his history had been revealed to her, she'd been appalled at what she'd seen. Obviously, Lex Luthor was a filou and not good enough for her Penelope or the name and regard of the Schultz family.

“I will not see you get married to someone who doesn't respect you the way you deserve to be,” she stated firmly.

“Also, I've received word that someone else is interested in you. You remember Phillippe Contr' Vance? He attended the Polo game four weeks ago in New Hampshire,” she explained, waiting for her daughter to make the connection, god willing.

Skylar looked over at her mother. “Yes, I remember him but what kind of man would communicate his interest in an engaged woman? What does that say about his breeding, mother?”

She took a huge gulp of her champagne and hoped that her mother would drop the subject. The reason that she had even met and gone after Lex was that her mother had suggested it. Skylar thought that they made a good match and she could actually live with Lex.

He wasn’t the most demonstrative of men that she had ever met. And, they really didn’t have a whole lot in common or much to talk about. But, every marriage had its difficulties.

Her mother’s eyes were boring into her. She could feel them on her face. Her mother still said nothing and Skylar wished that the floor would open up and swallow her. She wouldn’t agree to this. It wasn’t what she wanted. The wedding was already being planned, she had found the perfect dress and a breakup would be a nightmare from a PR standpoint.

None of this mattered when her mother set her mind to something, though. She had learned that time and time again throughout her life. Skylar clearly remembered complaining that Lex was a cold fish months ago. But now, she stood on the brink of marrying him.

Felicity Schultz was a master manipulator, that much was clear. Chloe could see that the woman was still staring at her daughter with steely eyes. ‘No’ was not a word that the woman heard often.

It seemed that Lex’s taste in women had gotten worse. At least the crazies that tried to kill him seemed to be passionate about him in their own fucked up psycho way. This one looked at him as her ticket to a better society life. Then again, that may be what he saw in her too.

Even though Chloe had gotten much more practical since her Smallville days, the conversation still made her a little sick to her stomach. She had half a mind to call Lex and tell him what was going on. Then she remembered that she should mind her own business…and that she didn’t have Lex’s number.

Felicity's eyes narrowed on her daughter as she silently waited for the girl to come to her senses. When she was sure that Penelope had gotten the futile notion of resistance sufficiently out of her head she answered.

“Phillippe has expressed his interest in an entirely agreeable and morally unreproachable way and asked for your company at the annual ball held in honor of the foundation of his Charity Organization. You will attend and you will be on your best behavior. I expect you to be impeccably dressed and to come alone,” she stated with finality in a low tone. “Also, you will be at your most charming and if Contr' Vance makes a move, you will be appreciative as much as your education allows. If there is any chance that you will get a suitable husband instead of merely one that is acceptable, you will take it.”

She'd had enough of discussing this and the arrangements that had been made so far weren't bound to a particular couple. They could always be overthrown to suit the needs of Phillippe and Penelope. It even had a much nicer ring to it than 'Lex and Skylar'. Honestly, how someone could insist on replacing such history graced and respectful names with such common monikers was simply incomprehensible.

Skylar knew the tone of voice that her mother was using. Arguing would be a waste of time and she already had a headache. Besides, she supposed that she didn’t love Lex so she would be doing him a favor by leaving him.

The Count, from what she remembered, was quite pleasing to the eye and did have an affable personality. Skylar bowed her head and said, “Yes, mother. I’ll be on my best behavior at the ball. And don’t worry,” she said before downing the rest of her drink, “I’ll only end the engagement after the Count makes me a better offer.”

Chloe shook her head. It really was sad that way that parents used their children as puppets sometimes. What was even sadder was the fact that Skylar allowed herself to be used in such a manner. It was her life, after all.

Again, Chloe wondered if she should give Lex a head’s up on what was about to occur. That way he could be the one to break it off. Smiling, Chloe thought that it was a much better idea than doing nothing. She’d get some stupid quotes and then drop Lex a note. What it would say, she didn’t know, but at least he’d have some advanced warning.

Felicity was most pleased. She was absolutely certain that her daughter would be engaged with the Count in less than a month and Luthor's despicable history would not make more of an impact on the Schultz family than it already had. In fact, all connections would be forgotten as soon as news of the opulent wedding of one Penelope Schultz and Phillipe Contr' Vance would break.

“Excellent dear,” she smiled at her daughter and leaned in to mime a kiss to her cheek. “Now go and enjoy this little,” she barely resisted the urge to pull a face, “Soirée and I will see you Sunday for brunch.”

With that she turned around to leave, her mind already scheming for the changes in arrangement that would need to be made and the newspapers she would have to pay to turn a blind eye on the break up of Skylar and Lex. Thankfully the announcement of Lex Luthor getting engaged was about as big news as the monthly 'Flower Show' coming to town, these days.

~~~~
    It was almost 10 pm when Lex finally made it back home. Business had been stressful as usual and he was not in the mood for pretty much anything. Throwing his keys on the end table in the hall, he headed directly for the kitchen.

When he'd returned from his little sparring match with Chloe, his father hadn't even bothered to pretend there was anything they needed to discuss or made an attempt at keeping him in the office. He'd just vaguely explained that 'the situation has been resolved' and left it at that. Needless to say, Lex had been pissed.

The rest of the day had been spent going through board meetings and endless piles of reports, queries and projections until his eyes were stinging and his mind a hum of white noise.

Thankfully he didn't have to show up at that damn exhibition that Skylar had wanted to rope him into. In his mindset, he wouldn't have been able to tell the difference between the artwork and the buffet that was presented with it. With the art Skylar was keen on, the difference wasn't easy to tell with a clear mind, let alone one that was overstressed and understimulated at the same time.

Grabbing a bottle of water, he made his way back to the living room and through towards the wide glass veranda doors. Opening them slowly, he stepped into the cool night air, taking a deep breath.

At this point, he realized the absence of something annoying. Skylar's pet rat was nowhere to be found. Letting a pleased grin steal over his features, he didn't even wonder where the damn thing was, just fundamentally glad it wasn't attached to his ankles. Yes, life could be good. Sometimes.

When Skylar returned home she saw that Lex had already arrived. His suit jacket was thrown over the back of a chair and his tie was on top of that. The place was dark except for the one light in the hallway that they left on when either of them was out late.

She felt like a thief sneaking into a house that she was about to rob. She had never really felt at home in their ‘home.’ Now that she was thinking about it, her mother’s idea seemed like the best course of action for her to take. She wondered how she could have ever considered really marrying Lex.

In less than a week’s time they would be broken up. And, she wouldn’t miss him. Her mind fixed on the one thing that she would miss. So, she’d have to get as much of that as was possible before she put an end to their foolish decision.

She slipped out of her dress in the kitchen and then threw it over Lex’s jacket. Now she was pleased with her decision to wear no underwear that night. It would speed up the process.

The door slid open smoothly and Skylar could see that Lex was turned away from her in the bed. She didn’t know if he was asleep yet but checking the clock she thought that he may just have turned in. Slithering under the sheets, she scooted over to his body and placed a few kisses on his shoulder.

Lex's eyes narrowed, then closed completely in exasperation. Obviously, Skylar's sweet personality also kept her from developing any common sense. Her lips continued to travel over his shoulder incessantly and for a moment Lex wondered what would be the quicker way to gain peace. Ignore her, or fuck her and be done with it.

Feigning a grunt, he rolled over onto his stomach, hoping to deter her from her advances. He really wasn't in the mood for a fuck tonight, doubly so because he knew nothing would come of it. Skylar was still taking her pill and taking it religiously. Something they would have to talk about rather sooner than later.

Skylar pouted for a moment when Lex rolled away from her. But she knew not to take it personally. He wasn’t awake and his body didn’t know what it was about to get. If only she could get to the front of him, it would make things so much easier.

Scooting over to him, Skylar pressed her front to his back, her breasts flattening against his skin. She was practically laying on top of him now. She ran her fingertips over his arm and whispered his name.

All of the drinking coupled with the impromptu make out session with her ex, she figured it didn’t count because she was breaking up with Lex anyway and she hadn’t fucked him so she deserved some points for that, had made her horny. She was in a state where she actually wanted Lex badly.

Lex's eyes opened again, a low growl suppressed in his throat. Not only did Skylar not take the hint, she blatantly ignored the fact that he was obviously 'asleep' and tried waking him up for her own gratification. What was he? A sex toy?

“Get off me,” he stated lowly, “Now,” he added when she merely froze up instead of moving.

While she and Lex were never mushy with one another, they also never got very angry with each other either. Which is why the hard edge to his voice caught her off guard. After freezing for a moment she moved off of him.

She stared at his back and said, “Sorry, I just…I want you.” There was no need to be eloquent about it.

Expelling an annoyed breath in lieu of the snarl he actually wanted to emit, he turned around, regarding his fiancée, and he had to remind himself of that fact, through narrowed eyes.

“I've been up since 5 am this morning, I have worked till just after 9 pm, in between I had one hour of break,” 'Which I spent sparring with Chloe Sullivan,' he left out. “I came home after 10 pm and went to sleep around eleven, because I have to get up at 5 am again, tomorrow morning. It is now,” he cast a quick vengeful look at the alarm clock, “Two in the morning.” Rubbing a hand over his face he flipped onto his back. “Did it occur to you somewhere between wanting me and waking me up, that I actually need some sleep to function like every other person on this planet?”

It was then that he realized it wasn't actually an excuse. He was horribly sleep deprived and even if he'd wanted to sleep with her, he wasn't even sure he would have been able to deliver more than a quick fuck. He'd gotten maybe an hour before something had woken him up again, leaving him to stare at the drapes over the window facing his side of the bed.

Now Skylar was being a selfish annoying bitch and they probably would waste another few minutes on arguing before he could go back and try to catch some sleep. Lex contemplated simply retreating into the guest bedroom, but that would be undignified and pathetic. This was his house, dammit.

The doubt that Skylar had had hours ago about casting aside Lex seemed rather foolish right now. What kind of man didn’t want to make love to his fiancée? It just wasn’t natural. Lex might have been tired but she knew damn well that he didn’t require all that much sleep. Besides, if he had wanted to, he could have given her what she wanted and then gone in later to work.

Instead he had snapped at her. He’d regret that later when she left him high and dry. “I’m sorry I even bothered.” With a huff, Skylar flipped over and turned her back towards Lex. She was now looking forward to her date with the Count. Maybe she’d even fuck him at the event, her mother’s words of warning be damned.

Lex regarded her turned back with nonchalance then turned back onto his other side, facing towards the window. At the moment, he didn't care that Skylar was being prissy. He didn't give a damn that she sulked and he couldn't give a fuck less if she decided to play ice-queen for the next week or so.

Pulling the blanket higher he buried his face in the pillow and tried to get some sleep. He might not need more than a handful of hours to function, but he definitely needed more than a few hours to be a cordial human being. Which was the reason why he wasn't particularly liked by his employees on most days, he guessed.

~~~~~~
    The sound of the front door opening and closing barely registered in Chloe’s mind. She was totally exhausted after her day. Between her early gym appointment, her whatever it was with Lex, the inquisition she had endured with her father and then the art opening…well, she just wanted to be unconscious for as long as was possible.

She hugged her pillow to her head tightly and winced at the bright light that went on behind her closed eyelids. “Awake still, turn light off.” She buried her face in the pillow, trying to get away from the offending light.

Hearing Teddy chuckle at her display was highly annoying. She might look and sound cute but he wasn’t the one that had to put in a full day. He could bartend starting at seven and come home at three a few nights a week and make enough money to not to have to work full time. The rest of the days he went to the gym in order to keep up his appearance. It was the reason that he raked in so much money.

The light finally turned off and she heard Teddy getting undressed. After a few moments, she felt the bed dip under his weight.

Teddy crawled up behind Chloe, spooning against the warm body of his girl. He was still hyped from work, which was a usual thing. After coming home it always took him a couple of hours before he could wind down enough to actually try and sleep.

Chloe's growl was so cute, he couldn't resist teasing her a little to get to hear it again. Plus, the way she looked, all sleep mussed and sexy. If he hadn't been aroused before, he was definitely starting to rise to the occasion now. Pressed against her back, he titled his hips forward, pushing them against her firm ass.

“Oh, does that mean you're too tired to have a go,” he muttered, leaning in to nuzzle against her neck.

Chloe rolled her shoulder hoping to get Teddy off of her a little. “Yes, that is exactly what it means.” She could feel that he was hard behind her but didn’t really care about that right now.

Usually she was up for anything at any time but she was just too tired. And, she really didn’t fancy just laying there in order to let him do whatever it was that he had in mind for her. Good sex was a blessing when you could get it but sleep looked much better to her.

Teddy was surprised when she shrugged him off with her tone as well as her body. That had never happened before. Chloe was insatiable when it came to sex. That's why they got along so well. What the hell made her act like an ice-princess all of a sudden?

Oh, maybe she just wanted to be persuaded a bit. He could do that. “Really, so you're saying you're not interested,” he asked in a husky voice, leaning closer again. “You don't want me to kiss your lovely neck and touch you, run my fingertips over all those little sensitive spots that drive you crazy?”

As he talked he snaked his arm around her waist, letting his fingertips just slightly graze over her belly and up to the underside of her breasts, then down again.

“You don't want me to bite down on your shoulder in just that spot,” he bit the spot he was talking about as his hand traveled south and into the waistband of her panties. “Take off your panties and slip my fingers right between your legs, stroking your sweet wet cunny,” he trailed off as his fingers started to do exactly that.

Chloe noticed that his accent got even more pronounced as he talked to her. A little trick that he often used that he probably didn’t realize that she picked up on. However, he should have noticed that she wasn’t even remotely turned on.

Instead of arousing her in the slightest it annoyed her instead. She had been all comfortable and warm and now his cold hands were on her body and he still reeked of cigarettes, too.

She placed her hand over his and gripped it tightly until he took his hand away. She hoped that she had hurt him a little bit. Served him right for just barging ahead with what he wanted to do. “No, I don’t want you to do any of those things. I want you to listen to what I’m telling you and stop. I know that you just got home but I am exhausted and not in the mood. And, stop thinking that I’m some cold bitch for turning you down”

When she heard him start to speak she said, “Don’t deny it, I know the way that you think. Me pushing you away once does not an ice princess make.”

Teddy stared incredulously at her back for a few seconds, before removing himself completely and turning onto his back. 'Fine, she wants to be that way, bugger this!'.

He stared at the ceiling for a few moments, waiting for her to regret her attitude, but when that didn't happen, he simply closed his eyes, regretting that he hadn't taken a chance at shagging the red-head that had ambled into the bar about an hour before closing time, asking him what he did after his shift.

NS Junior Member

I love this fic, great update!

Not bad,not bad at all. I wonder what Felicity will say when Lex and Chloe
    get together!!!!!! But that could really happen soon......
    Well I'll just wait for the next update.!!!!

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar

Great update. Both Teddy and Skylar?? suck and I'll be glad when Chloe and Lex are rid of them. Can't wait for more.
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NS Full Member

woooohoooooo.....Lex and Chloe are already acting differently around their partners...just another sign they are meant to be

loved the update and i can't wait for more soon

same reactions to different partners...hmmmm....v.v. interesting!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information