Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Proposition (NC-17)

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!

Proposition (NC-17)

Title: Proposition
    Author: scifichick774
    Rating: NC-17
    Category: Chloe/Lex UST/Angst/Romance/Drama/everything else under the sun… oh no wait, that’s it.
    Spoilers: Through Heat of the second season.
    Summary: Lex sets Chloe up with a friend in hopes of getting inside information, but it backfires when he finds himself attracted to her. Chloe/Lex
    Disclaimer: Not mine, no infringement intended, please don’t sue.
    Archival: Go ahead, just let me know where.
    Author’s Note: I’m not sure why I’m working on so many fics at once, but if they all turn out crappy, you’ll know the reason.

~*~*~*~*~*~

“No,” Chloe shook her emphatically. “No way, no how, no chance in…”

“Chloe,” her dad interrupted. “You’ll get your own hotel room. There has been lots of weird stuff going on here lately. I would feel a lot more comfortable if you went with me.” Chloe knew from the tone in his voice that she wasn’t going to win this one. He was going to a conference in Metropolis, and instead of leaving her home to lounge around in her PJ’s and scarf down pizza and ice cream, he was making her go with him. To make matters worse, there was a formal dinner and reception party on the last night. She let out a loud sigh.

“Why do I get the feeling that I don’t get a choice?” She asked in sarcastic defeat. He smiled and kissed her on the forehead.

“It’ll be fun, you’ll see. You can even shop for a new dress for the party,” he added in the hope that it would raise her spirits. She grumbled something and turned on her heel to go to her room. “Chloe?”

“I have to pack right?” She asked without turning back. He grinned to himself. Gabe Sullivan definitely felt better about making his daughter to Metropolis with him. She had taken the ‘end’ of her crush on Clark badly and he was hoping that a few days back in her old stomping grounds would cheer her up, even if she did have to spend some time with her father at a fertilizer convention. Gabe grimaced when that thought went through his head. No wonder she didn’t want to go.

~*~*~*~*~

‘It’s a nice hotel at least,’ Chloe thought to herself as she stood in the lobby waiting for her father to complete check in. She took in the pompous and almost ornate decorative theme and chuckled to herself. Gabe turned to her with a bemused look.

“What’s so funny?” He asked. She smiled and motioned around the room.

“Strange place to have a crap convention,” she answered. He shook his head and chuckled. “Also, it kind of reminds me of Lex’s house,” she mused. Chloe started laughing when her dad furrowed his brow. “Interview, pushed out a window, spent a few days in the hospital, remember?” His expression changed to that of partial relief and he nodded.

“You called him Lex,” he observed. Chloe shrugged.

“He asked me to,” she responded. Gabe frowned, but shook it off. Lex was a friend of Clark’s, Chloe was a friend of Clark’s, and it was probably as simple as that. He held up her key card for her.

“They had to put us on different floors because of the convention,” he said. He frowned at the smile that beamed on her face. “Don’t be too excited.” She grinned.

“Oh, I fully intend to be excited,” she said in a teasing manner. “Without you staying on the same floor I can throw wild late night parties with strange guys that I just met.” He chuckled and then pointed at her.

“No nose rings,” he joked back. She smiled.

“What about tattoos?” She asked. He gave a mock thoughtful look.

“No more than three,” he replied.

“Three tattoos or three guys?” She teased. He shook his head.

“Funny.”

“I try.”

~*~*~*~*~

Chloe settled into her hotel room. It was very large, very nice, and looked to be very expensive. She hoped her dad could write it off as a business expense. She opened a door off the bedroom and smiled brightly at what she saw there.

“Hello Jacuzzi!” She said to herself. ‘I should let dad drag me on more of these trips with him.’ She looked over the itinerary her father had given her. The only thing scheduled for the first night was some boring get to know everyone thing that her dad already said she didn’t have to go to. She smiled and began running the water for the Jacuzzi. Chloe started to remove items of her clothing and was completely naked when there was a knock on the door. She sighed and grabbed a courtesy robe from the bathroom to cover herself. She peered through the peephole to see who it was and then opened the door.

“Mr. Luthor,” she greeted and crossed her arms. “I think you have the wrong room.” He stepped by her and walked into the room, not acknowledging that she gave an exasperated look.

“Actually, I’m not,” he said as he turned around to face her. He smirked when he took in her attire. She rolled her eyes.

“What do you want? I was just about to get in the Jacuzzi.”

“Don’t let me stop you,” he said with a grin. She glared at him and he sat down in one of the chairs. He leaned forward and clasped his hands together. “I have a proposition for you.” She grinned sardonically.

“Sorry, I’m not that kind of girl,” she retorted. He chuckled.

“Do you know Bishop Gregory?”

“Not personally,” she said.

“But you know who he is?” He asked. She sighed.

“Of course. I’m not an idiot,” she responded. He looked at her expectantly and she sighed again. “Bishop Gregory, heir apparent to the Gregory and Young financial dynasties. Incredibly smart, charming, and good looking.” Lex raised an eyebrow.

“You think he’s good looking?” He asked. She glared at him and he stood up. “Like I said, I have a proposition for you.”

“I’m listening,” she said.

“Gregory Industries has been mulling around the idea of taking over one of LuthorCorp’s subsidiary companies. So far, the information I’ve been able to get is abysmal.”

“Uh-huh,” Chloe responded.

“Bishop is an old friend of mine. I’d like to set you up with him,” Lex continued.

“Like on a date?” Chloe asked in disbelief. Lex nodded.

“And, on said date, I’d like you to get any information about the take over that you can,” he said. Chloe eyed him skeptically.

“Two questions. What’s in it for me? And why do you think he’ll even agree to go out with me?” She asked, counting off the questions on her fingers.

“You’re pretty and you’re smart, those are the only two criteria he looks for in a woman. And as far as what’s in it for you,” he smirked. “I’m sure we can come up with something.”

~*~*~
    Ch. 2
    ~*~*~

“Remind me again what I’m doing here?” Chloe asked. She and Lex were being shown to their table at a nice restaurant. Bishop was supposed to meet them there. The host pulled her chair out for her and she sat down, smoothing the dress that she had brought for the formal dinner and party on the last night of the convention. “And by the way, you’re springing for a new dress. My dad’s making me go to that thing our last night here.” Lex grinned. She spoke her mind, he liked that.

“You’re here because a college scholarship is being set up for you by LuthorCorp,” he said. She grumbled. “And the dress is no problem. Although, I suspect you would have your hands full dealing with ardent admirers at the convention party if you had worn that one.” She plastered a fake smile on her face.

“There’s nothing wrong with this dress,” she argued. He smirked.

“No, there isn’t,” he agreed as he eyed her body in it. She rolled her eyes.

“Is your friend as uncouth as you?” She bit. He smiled, but it seemed like he was looking past her.

“I think the safe answer to that is no,” the man standing behind her said. ‘Oh crap,’ she thought. Lex got up from his seat and shook Bishop’s hand. Chloe rose from her chair as well and smiled at him. ‘Better looking in person, maybe this won’t be so bad after all.’ Bishop smiled at her, clearly amused by the situation. “So Lex, are you going to introduce us or are you going to live up to the reputation that the beautiful woman just pointed out?” Lex barely resisted rolling his eyes.

“Bishop Gregory, Chloe Sullivan,” he motioned between the two. Chloe stuck out her hand for him to shake, but instead he pulled it to his mouth and gave her a small kiss. She smiled.

“Smooth,” she said. He smiled and shrugged.

“I try,” he responded. Chloe sat back down and Bishop pushed her chair in for her. Lex grinned at this. His friend was obviously taking a liking to Chloe already, which meant her job would be easier. The two men took their respective seats. Bishop glanced at Lex for a moment, but turned his attention back to Chloe. “I must say I’m pleased. When Lex told me he had a friend he thought would be perfect for me, I got disturbing images of the hideous women he usually dates dancing through my head.” Lex did roll his eyes that time, but Chloe chuckled.

“I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone refer to supermodels as hideous before,” she said. He shrugged.

“Most people don’t look past the surface. Take away their extensive plastic surgeries, and they have no intelligence, no wit,” he grinned at her, “no fire.” She smiled at his description. “I would much rather have someone who God blessed with the complete package than someone who’s been under the knife to further their vanity.” Lex frowned.

“You’re laying it on a bit thick aren’t you Bish? She did already agree to meet you,” he said. Bishop chuckled and turned back to Chloe.

“Why are you friends with him exactly?” He asked. She laughed and shook her head.

“I’m not,” she admitted. “More like friend of a friend.” Bishop nodded.

“A woman who hasn’t fallen victim to the Luthor charm,” he said in an impressed voice. Chloe arched an eyebrow.

“Lex has charm?” She joked. Bishop started laughing and Lex cleared his throat.

“I don’t appreciate people talking about me like I’m not sitting at the same table,” he said. A wry grin came across Bishop’s lips.

“No one’s keeping you here,” he responded. Lex glared at him for a moment and then looked at Chloe. She looked beautiful, stunning even, and the fact that he had noticed made him feel uncomfortable. He was beginning to have serious second thoughts about this whole arrangement.

“Will you be alright?” He asked in a sincere tone. She eyed Bishop like she was suspicious.

“Gee, I don’t know, he looks pretty shady,” she teased. Bishop laughed and looked over at Lex.

“Go on, we’ll be fine,” he urged. Lex nodded and stood up. He leaned down a little to speak to Chloe.

“If he gets out of hand…”

“Don’t worry, I have a mean right hook,” she said, waving him away with her hand. Lex nodded and left the restaurant.

“Do you really?” Bishop asked with a gleam in his eye. She peered up from her menu at him.

“Have a mean right hook?” She asked. He nodded and she smiled.

“Yes, but I wouldn’t use it on you unless you forced me to. I wouldn’t want to hurt your pretty face,” she said and looked back down at her menu. He laughed. Bishop sighed as he looked down at the menu. “What’s wrong?”

“Luthor always has to do things the hard way,” he said. She furrowed her brow. “I would have much rather met you in a nice, casual environment and gotten a pizza or something. But Lex, it’s like he was born in a suit.” Chloe laughed loudly and he smiled at her.

“You know, we haven’t ordered yet,” she said. He nodded.

“I know a great place on 23rd,” he replied. She smiled.

“Sounds good.”

~*~*~*~*~

“May I ask you a question?” Bishop asked as he walked Chloe back to her hotel room. She smiled.

“Of course.”

“If you’re not a friend of Lex’s, then why did you agree to meet me?” He asked. She smiled and rolled her eyes.

“He made a generous contribution to the Chloe Sullivan scholarship fund,” she said. He smiled.

“A worthy cause,” he said as they reached her room.

“Yep. Also, I told you I’m the editor of the school paper.” Bishop nodded. “He wanted me to find out information on some takeover thing you have planned.” She smiled and he arched an eyebrow.

“And yet you haven’t asked me anything about it,” he observed. She shrugged.

“It’s boring, you’re interesting, and it’s his own fault for interrupting me right as I was about to get into the Jacuzzi,” she replied. Bishop laughed.

“Well, it seems that Lex may have been right when he lied to me,” he said. She gave a confused expression and he kissed her gently on her lips. “You’re perfect for me.” Her eyes grew wide and he smiled. “Have a good night Chloe.” She shook her head as he walked away. Chloe slid the key card and opened her door, only to find Lex waiting for her inside.

“Where have you been?” He asked with disapproval.

“How did you get in here?” She asked.

“It’s amazing what feats can be accomplished when you have money,” he answered. “Your turn.” She shrugged like the late hour was no big deal.

“We decided to go out for pizza instead,” she said and then smiled. “And then ice cream, and then we went to this cool arcade place. It’s been forever since I played some of those video games.” He scowled at her and she rolled her eyes. “And before you even ask, no. I didn’t get any information on the takeover. Amazingly enough, he’s hot and has an interesting personality. I didn’t even think to go into reporter mode.” Lex frowned.

“You’re always in reporter mode with me,” he observed. She gave a quirky smile.

“And what does that tell you?”

~*~*~
    Ch. 3
    ~*~*~

Lex sighed. This conversation was going nowhere, and he had a sinking feeling that Chloe would win whatever verbal argument he started with her. He saw Chloe breathe in deeply to calm herself.

“I think you should go,” she said in a remarkably serene tone. “It’s late and Bishop wants to take me out tomorrow.” She grinned. “Besides, I still haven’t had that Jacuzzi yet.” Lex rubbed his face. He didn’t know why the idea of her seeing Bishop again would bother him so much. He originally dismissed it, crediting the fact that he disliked being ganged up on. It then progressed to because she was Clark’s friend so it would only be natural for him to want to keep her safe, but if that was the case, then why had he put her in that position to begin with? As he moved his hand over his eyes, an image of Chloe naked in the Jacuzzi flitted in front of him. ‘Damn,’ he thought. “Lex, did you hear me?”

“Jacuzzi,” he repeated. She tilted her head as she scowled at him, but her expression had lost most of the anger behind it. “Do you like him Chloe?” She smiled.

“Yeah, I do,” she admitted. He furrowed his brow.

“And what about Clark? Or have you forgotten your would be paramour in Smallville?” He asked. Her lips went thin and he rightfully took that as a bad sign.

“Clark is my friend, only my friend,” she emphasized. “He’s made that abundantly clear,” she muttered. Lex inwardly cringed. He didn’t know that. The last he heard Chloe liked Clark and Clark was seriously considering moving in the direction of taking the next step in their relationship. He would need to have a talk with him when he got back about recognizing a good thing when you had it. ‘Of course if you don’t, you could keep her for yourself,’ his subconscious whispered. He wondered where that thought came from and tried to shake it away, which wasn’t easily done after her next comment. “And Bishop’s a good guy. He’s smart, funny, handsome, and a good kisser. Why shouldn’t I like him?” Lex narrowed his eyes at her.

“You kissed him?”

“He kissed me,” she clarified.

“And what happened to the famous right hook?” He asked, anger lining his voice. She smirked.

“You said if things got out of hand,” she reminded him. He tilted his head.

“And what do you call him kissing you?” He asked. She shrugged.

“Pleasant?” She retorted. Lex arched an eyebrow. That was hardly the description one would use if they truly felt a connection with someone. He stepped closer to her.

“Pleasant,” he repeated. He took another step forward and leered at her. She looked at him, suddenly wondering if she had pushed the situation too far, and stepped back. He smirked at her retreating form. A few more steps and she would be against the wall. He kept moving forward. “Pleasant is a word used to describe situations that aren’t terrible, but not life changing. Pleasant is fields of flowers and afternoon tea.” Her back pressed up against the wall and he swiftly moved his hands on either side of her, effectively trapping her there. He tilted his head. “Pleasant is not a word to describe a kiss from someone who’s company you enjoy.” He paused. “Or are pretending to enjoy.” Her eyes grew wide as she looked at him and listened to his velvet like voice. ‘This is bad, this is very bad,’ she thought to herself.

He quickly captured her mouth with his own. She was in shock and didn’t want to respond, but he was insistent. Soon, her body made the choice that her head refused to, and she began to return his kiss. His hands moved from the wall to caress her body and her hands moved from his chest to around his neck. Lex slid his tongue into her mouth and she gave a small moan that made him smile. He pulled his lips away from her mouth. They were both breathing heavily. He adorned her cheek with kisses until he reached her ear.

“Pleasant?” He asked in a husky, yet teasing tone. Her eyes closed, as his voice seemed to sweep through her body. She removed her arms from her neck and tried to move away from him. He caught her arm and moved her until her body was flush with his.

“It’s late,” she argued in a mellow voice as she refused to look at him. He wove a hand through her hair.

“Give me a description,” he said. Her eyelids fluttered as he moved his hand along her body and it came to rest on her breast. He leaned his head down and kissed her again. The kiss was with more passion and fervor than before and full of need. He slid his hands down her back and cupped her rear, lifting her from the ground. She instinctively wrapped her legs around his waist as they continued to explore each other’s mouths. The small moans of pleasure coming from her throat only encouraged him. He broke the kiss and moved his mouth to her ear again. “You don’t belong to him,” he whispered. That was all it took to snap her out of her Lex induced state of arousal. She practically jumped off of him and scowled at him.

“I don’t ‘belong’ to anyone,” she said angrily. “Get out of my room before I call security.” Lex’s chest was still heaving from taking deep gulps of air. He couldn’t believe that she was actually angry about such an innocent comment. Most women he had been with loved that sort of thing. ‘Of course, they were only with you for your money and Chloe Sullivan isn’t like most women in the first place,’ he thought to himself. He sighed and ran a hand over his head.

“I’m sorry Chloe,” he said. She crossed her arms defensively. “I don’t want you seeing him again.” It came out as a warning, one, which Chloe didn’t heed.

“Well then you shouldn’t have set us up, should you?” She retorted in her normal Chloe comeback voice. Part of him, the part he should have listened to, wanted to chuckle. Instead, he walked over to her and kissed her again. This time it was firm and more like a marking of territory.

“You’re mine,” he growled, turned, and walked out the door. Chloe quickly slammed the door all the way closed and locked it. She leaned her back against the door and slid down it, curling her legs up so she could hug them.

“Crap.”

~*~*~*~*~

Chloe tossed and turned in her bed for the rest of the night. When she woke, it was because of the phone ringing loudly through her room. She fumbled around for it, and finally picked it up.

“Hello?” She answered.

“Uh-oh,” her dad said. “Groggy and cranky. You didn’t get into the mini bar did you?” She rolled her eyes while he laughed at his own joke.

“Good morning Dad,” she said.

“You missed a heck of a party last night sweetie.”

“Sorry to hear it,” she mumbled.

“Well, no harm done. Are you going to spend some time at the convention with me today? There’s a presentation on a new process for organic fertilizer manufacturing.”

“Gee, when you say it that way it sounds so tempting,” she said sarcastically. He chuckled.

“You just going to hang out in Metropolis then? Maybe get that new dress I promised you?” He asked. The corners of her mouth started to curl upward.

“Actually Dad, I have a date,” she said, with what was now a full-blown smile.

“Really?” He asked, clearly surprised. “With who?”

“Bishop Gregory,” she answered. She could practically see his jaw drop.

“What, um, I see,” he stammered. “How did this happen?” Chloe began to dig through her things to select an outfit.

“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you.”

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    ~*~*~
    Ch. 4
    ~*~*~

Chloe looked at herself in the mirror. It was a cute outfit, but she hoped it wouldn’t make her seem too Smallville-ish. After all, Bishop Gregory was a little older, rich, handsome, and had only ever seen her in one of her only really nice dresses. ‘It doesn’t matter, you’re only seeing him again to get even with Lex,’ a voice inside her head whispered. She sloughed off the thought. Her little ‘make-out session’ with Lex had been incredible, but after she came to her senses, she realized that he was probably only doing it to regain the power he thought he had lost in the situation. She hadn’t gotten him the information he wanted, and she was certain that he was just playing with her emotions to get her to do what he wanted. “Well screw him,” she muttered. The phone rang and she went to pick it up, figuring it was probably her dad, calling during a break yet again, to try and get more information on how she met Bishop.

“Hello?” She answered.

“You sound chipper,” Lex said. She groaned.

“What do you want?”

“I told you that I would buy you a new dress,” he started.

“Save it,” she said without remorse. “Bishop actually agreed to go dress shopping with me today.” Lex arched an eyebrow.

“You’re seeing him again?” Lex asked, trying not to let his anger leech into his voice. He thought he made it clear that she wasn’t to see him again. “And letting him buy you a dress?”

“Nope. Dad’s paying for it. He offered to get me a new one for the stupid dinner party thing tomorrow night,” she said.

“Then why is Gregory going with you?” He asked.

“Because he’s a nice person who likes spending time with me?”

“Uh-huh. And I’m sure the fact that he’ll get to see you parading around in tight fitting evening gowns holds no appeal for him,” Lex said sarcastically. Chloe laughed.

“I hadn’t thought of that. I’ll have to make it worth his while.”

“Funny,” he said dryly. “I thought we decided that you weren’t going to see him again.”

“Nooo. You decided that I wasn’t going to see him again. And strangely, I’m not particularly inclined to follow your demands.”

“So I’ve noticed.” He sighed and rubbed his face. “Chloe, why are you doing this? Is it to make me jealous? Because it won’t work.”

“I have no reason to make you jealous,” she said seriously. “I like him, that’s all there is to it. He’s got all of your qualities; he’s smart, rich, handsome, plus he’s funny, nice, and has never been married,” she beamed. ‘That should shut him up.’

“You think I’m handsome? So you admit your attraction to me,” he smirked. She rolled her eyes and there was a knock on the door.

“He’s here. Gotta go. Have a nice day doing whatever it is you do all day,” she said in a sickenly sweet voice and then hung up on him. She practically sprinted to the door. When she opened it, Bishop was standing there, leaning on the doorframe.

“Hey,” he greeted. He smiled, showing dimples that could make any girl melt. “You ready to go shopping?” She smiled and nodded, grabbing her purse off the nightstand.

“Yep. Dad gave me his credit card this morning,” she said. He laughed.

“I’m sure that won’t be necessary,” he said. She grinned.

“Well, I’m pretty sure that they won’t just take my smile as payment,” she joked.

“That’s not what I meant,” he said and offered his hand. She took it and closed the door as they left the room.

“I know what you meant,” she replied. “But I don’t feel comfortable with you buying things for me.” He arched an eyebrow.

“You’re joking,” he said. She shook her head. “A woman who doesn’t want my money. I don’t think I’ve ever met someone like that.” She gave him a compensatory grin.

“Sorry to disappoint you,” she said. He chuckled.

“I’m impressed actually. Especially with having Luthor be the one who introduced us,” he said thoughtfully. She nodded her head.

“Yeah. I feel kind of bad for him,” she said. “It must suck to only have women who are interested in you because of your money, and then to end up marrying one who’s willing to kill you for it…”

“To be honest, I’m a little surprised that he didn’t want you for himself,” Bishop said, and Chloe thanked God that he didn’t see the panicked expression on her face. “But I’m guessing that has to do with the fact that you have a mutual friend.” Chloe nodded.

“That, and the fact that he only wanted me to go out with you to find out about the takeover,” she said. He laughed.

“There is that,” he agreed. “But that doesn’t explain why you agreed to go out with me again.” She smiled.

“Well, technically I haven’t gotten my information yet,” she said with a wink. As they neared a shop, he pulled her into his arms and looked down at her.

“Now why do I get the feeling that you don’t care about Lex’s agenda?” He asked.

“Gee, I can’t imagine,” she teased. “Probably because I don’t. I don’t like being used. He’s so self-righteous. He thinks just because he tells someone to do something that they should do it, no questions asked, even if they don’t work for him.” He cut off her rant by kissing her. She pressed her hands against his chest and leaned into the kiss. Bishop began to deepen the kiss when they heard someone clearing his throat loudly behind them. Chloe broke the kiss to see who it was. Bishop grinned and extended a hand.

“Luthor. Shouldn’t you be working?” He joked and shook Lex’s hand. Lex kept his gaze on Chloe.

“Slow day,” Lex said. “Chloe mentioned that she was going to be shopping for a dress today, and since I offered to buy her a new one…” Bishop smiled and wrapped his arm around Chloe.

“I’m pretty sure I have enough money to spring for a new dress,” Bishop teased. Chloe rolled her eyes.

“I already told you, both of you, that my dad is paying for the dress. Can we let this go now?” She was growing impatient. She liked Bishop, but she was beginning to think he didn’t like her, that she was just a pawn in some pissing contest between him and Lex. And she liked the passion that Lex stirred inside of her, whether it be good or bad, but passion alone wasn’t enough to make her stay in this situation. She had been hurt too many times to allow anyone to treat her this way. She dislodged herself from Bishop’s embrace and stepped away. Chloe looked back and forth between them and shook her head. “I don’t need this,” she said and began to walk away. “I’ll just tell dad that I don’t feel well enough to go to the stupid party,” she mumbled to herself. Bishop turned to Lex in confusion.

“What was that?” He asked. Lex frowned and tilted his head as he watched Chloe walk away.

“That was a pissed off Chloe Sullivan,” Lex answered before he began to chase after her. “Chloe!” She kept walking and he grabbed her arm. She stopped but didn’t turn around.

“What?!” She snapped. He rubbed his hand up and down her arm, a gesture that didn’t escape Bishop’s attention.

“I’m sorry,” Lex said. She still refused to look at him.

“I care,” she bit. Lex sighed and fought the urge to wrap her in his arms and hold her there until she forgave him.

“What can I do to make you forgive me?”

~*~*~
    Ch. 5
    ~*~*~

Chloe kept looking straight ahead. She could feel tears start to well up in her eyes, but she refused to give into them.

“Nothing,” she said plainly as she removed her arm from Lex’s touch. “There’s nothing you can say or do to make me ever forgive you.” Neither of them saw Bishop walk up next to them.

“So you really are immune to the Luthor charm,” he mused. Lex shot him a look, but he ignored it. “I’m sorry if I misjudged you Chloe. Allow me to make it up to you,” he said in a sincere voice. She closed her eyes for a moment and swore under her breath.

“The only way you can make it up to me is by staying the hell away from me.” She turned to Lex. “That goes for you too Luthor.” She walked away from the two men. Bishop frowned.

“Damn,” he said and started to walk after her. Lex grabbed him by the arm and he spun around.

“Don’t,” he warned. Bishop ripped his arm out of Lex’s grasp.

“She’s not yours Lex and she’s made it clear that she doesn’t want to be yours, which means that she and I might actually have a chance, so piss off.”

“She doesn’t want to be yours either Gregory,” Lex said in a calm yet threatening voice. “Or do I need to remind you that she just told you to stay the hell away from her?” Bishop rolled his eyes and turned around to find Chloe, but she was gone.

“Shit,” he muttered. “I don’t suppose you know where she went?” Lex smirked.

“What makes you think I’d tell you even if I did,” he said. Bishop growled and stalked off in the direction that he had seen Chloe going.

~*~*~*~*~

Chloe stopped when she realized she was standing in front of her cousin’s apartment building. She probably wouldn’t be home, but it was worth a shot. Chloe groaned when she saw the out of order sign on the elevator. She walked up the stairs for several floors until she got to the right one. ‘Exercise is a good thing,’ she thought to herself as she breathed a little heavier. She knocked on the door and after a moment it opened.

“When did you become psychic? How did you know I would be skipping today?” Her cousin Lois asked. Chloe smiled.

“I’m just amazing that way,” she said. Both girls started laughing and gave each other a hug.

“So what are you doing in Metropolis and why didn’t you tell me that you were going to be here?” Lois asked in an investigative manner. Chloe rolled her eyes.

“Dad drug me to this lame convention with him to make sure I didn’t get in trouble back home,” she said. Lois grinned.

“Smart man. Too smart really. You could have had a hell of a party,” she said. Chloe sighed. “What’s wrong?” Chloe leaned against the wall.

“Why are guys such jerks?” She asked. Lois grinned again.

“Something in their genetic makeup I think,” she answered. Chloe chuckled.

“That’s gotta be it,” she agreed.

“Obviously.” Lois squatted down beside her cousin. “You’re really bummed about something aren’t you?” Chloe nodded. “Well, I know just the thing to cheer you up.” Chloe raised an eyebrow. “There’s a coffee shop about a block from here and they have the best triple espressos.” Chloe got a gleam in her eye.

“Really?” She asked hopefully. Lois nodded and helped her up.

~*~*~*~*~

Chloe and Lois sat down at a table. The man behind the counter had given them a strange look when they ordered triple espressos and their usual coffee orders, but kept his mouth closed.

“So who’s the guy?” Lois asked, sipping her coffee. Chloe smiled and shook her head.

“Don’t you ever go out of reporter mode?” She asked. Lois looked aghast at the suggestion.

“No,” she said in a false appalled voice. “Do you?” Chloe shrugged.

“I guess not.”

“So tell me,” Lois prodded. “This isn’t still about that Clark guy is it?” Chloe shook her head.

“No, amazingly enough,” Chloe said. Lois’s eyes grew wide.

“Okay, now you have to spill,” she said anxiously. Chloe took a drink of her coffee.

“A friend of Clark’s set me up with this guy who seemed really great, but…”

“Wasn’t?” Lois guessed. Chloe nodded.

“I should have known better, considering who Clark’s friend is,” Chloe said.

“Two questions. First, who’s Clark’s friend? Second, you like him don’t you? Is that why the thing with the other guy didn’t work out?”

“Technically that’s three questions,” Chloe said. “And no comment.” Lois’s eyes grew wide when she saw the person who just came into the shop. Chloe had her back to the door, but could tell from her cousin’s expression that it must be someone good.

“Chloe,” Lois said in a hushed voice. “You are never going to believe who just walked in here.” Chloe turned around and saw Lex. She groaned and hit her forehead on the table. He got a cup of coffee and strolled over to Chloe’s table, taking the chair next to hers. Lois was in shock.

“What part of ‘stay the hell away from me’ did you not understand exactly?” Chloe said, lifting her head slightly. He grinned, but the serious expression remained on his face.

“What part of ‘you’re mine’ did you not understand?” He retorted. She glared at him. Lois tugged on Chloe’s sleeve. Chloe rolled her eyes.

“Lois Lane, Lex Luthor, Lex this is my cousin Lois,” she said, motioning disinterested between them. He shook Lois’s hand and she smiled.

“How do you know Mr. Luthor?” She asked Chloe.

“Clark’s friend,” she mumbled and then took a sip of her coffee. Lois’s eyes grew large again as the realization hit her.

“The same friend we were just talking about?” Lois asked. Chloe nodded. Lex smirked.

“You were talking about me Chloe? I’m flattered.” She gave a sardonic smile.

“Don’t be. It wasn’t in a flattering context,” she said. Lois looked back and forth between the two and cocked an eyebrow at Lex.

“So who was the guy you set her up with?” She asked. He frowned.

“Don’t answer anything, she’s a reporter too,” Chloe warned. Lex grinned at her and nodded.

“No fair!” Lois protested. “That wasn’t a reporter-ish question, that was just curiosity. Me being concerned about my cousin.”

“Uh huh,” Chloe said in a tone indicating that she didn’t believe her. Lex set his cup down in front of him.

“You should be concerned,” he said to Chloe. “He’s unlikely to give up now that he thinks you don’t like me.”

~*~*~
    Ch. 6
    ~*~*~

Chloe smiled and stood up, then turned to face Lois.

“It was nice spending time with you again, but I should really be going now. I’m supposed to be shopping,” she said. Lois arched an eyebrow at her. She knew her cousin well enough to know that she was trying to get out of answering Lex’s unspoken question of whether she actually did like him or not, which meant that she probably did. Lois and Lex stood up too.

“I’d go with you, but I’m supposedly sick today,” Lois said with a grin. “I need to get home before my mom comes to check on me during lunch hour.” Chloe nodded and gave her a hug. Lois stuck out her hand to Lex. “It was really great to meet you,” she said. He shook her hand politely and nodded his head once, but said nothing in return. Chloe started for the doors when she felt Lex’s hand on her waist, pulling her back to him. Lois watched silently in amazement.

“How long are you going to deny that there’s something here?” He asked in a low tone, close to her ear. She turned around and Lois noticed that his hand remained on her waist.

“I’m not property, I’m not a prize, and I don’t ‘belong’ to either of you. I’m not worried about Bishop. He’ll get bored and move on,” she said. Lois furrowed her brow in thought. ‘Bishop?’ Lex grinned.

“And me?”

“What about you?” She asked impatiently. Lois glanced around the coffee shop. There weren’t that many people there, but everyone’s attention was on her cousin and Lex.

“Are you worried about me?” He clarified.

“No,” she said honestly. “Everything’s about winning to you. Once Bishop loses interest, you will too.”

“Bishop?” She thought out loud. Her jaw dropped open. “Bishop Gregory?!” Chloe slapped a hand over her face.

“Shit,” she muttered and leaned her head against Lex without even realizing she had done it. He chuckled and brought both of his arms around her. He kissed her softly on the top of her head. She looked up at him, embarrassed by the situation. He smiled and wove a hand through her hair. Lex brought her face to his and kissed her. It was sweet and gentle at first, but quickly deepened. Lois cleared her throat, but neither of them broke their embrace.

“Chloe!” She finally yelled. Chloe pulled away from Lex, her head still swimming from the sensations. Lois looked panicked. She had never seen Chloe lose control like that, and if Lex Luthor ever had then it had been well hidden from the media. Lex tried to ignore Lois and whispered in Chloe’s ear.

“Your cousin is beginning to annoy me,” he said. She smiled. Lois’s next comment got to her though.

“I thought you were fighting with him,” she said. Chloe frowned and looked at Lex.

“She’s right you know,” she said. Lex smirked.

“The operative term in her sentence was ‘were’, past tense,” he said. Chloe rolled her eyes and Lex wrapped his arms around her again. He nuzzled her cheek lovingly. Lois crossed her arms and tapped her foot.

“Your dad is going to get awfully suspicious if you show up without a new dress,” she reminded Chloe. She didn’t like seeing the obvious power that Lex was able to exert over Chloe; she had never seen any guy do that to her cousin before. Lex smiled down at Chloe.

“I did promise you a new dress,” he started. She smiled and nodded.

“Yes you did,” she agreed. She pushed herself away from him and he frowned. “I think it’s better if I go shopping by myself though.” Lois grinned to herself.

“Why?” Lex asked. Chloe sighed.

“Because even though I’ve forgiven you for earlier,” she rolled her eyes as Lex grinned. “I’ll only end up getting mad at you if I see you again, because I’ll know it’s just because of the whole Bishop competition thing and…”

“What makes you think it was about that in the first place?” He asked seriously. She glared at him for a moment and then continued.

“It’s just better if we part as friends, or sort of friends. You know, whatever we were before,” she said with a half smile. His face was neutral, blocking any emotion he had from showing. Lex paused for a moment before responding.

“I see, and I understand your position, but I don’t think I can accept that Chloe,” he said. She arched an eyebrow at him and crossed her arms, but kept the grin on her face.

“Maybe I should just go find Bishop and tell him that he’s won then,” she said. Lex sighed.

“He won’t know what you’re talking about. It was never a competition.”

“Uh huh.”

“He liked you before he thought you didn’t like me, the latter fact just made him like you more,” Lex frowned as he said it. He didn’t doubt Chloe’s reasoning. He and Bishop had always been competitive. In fact, he hadn’t realized his own feelings for Chloe until after Bishop showed definite interest in her, so if she was to doubt anyone’s motives it should be his. ‘Damn. Don’t tell her that,’ he thought to himself.

“Oh,” Chloe said thoughtfully. Lois saw her opportunity and quickly took it. She rushed over and grabbed Chloe’s arm.

“Well, like I said, great to meet you, gotta go,” Lois blurted out and pulled Chloe with her through the exit. Lex looked at Chloe’s departure in surprise. ‘That wasn’t supposed to happen,’ he thought.

He was certain that if he could have kept her there for another few minutes that he would have been able to convince her to spend the day with him, but then her cousin had just swept her out the door without giving him a chance. He had only known Lois Lane for less than a half an hour and he already disliked her. She had Lana’s coloring and Chloe’s spunk, but she was too easily impressed by his status when she first met him. He shook his head at the thought that came next. ‘A cross between Chloe and Lana, she’d be perfect for Clark.’

~*~*~*~*~

Chloe was tugged along for a while, but then stopped on the sidewalk when they neared Lois’s building. Lois turned around to face her.

“What was that all about?” Chloe asked her. Lois crossed her arms and arched an eyebrow.

“I was just about to ask you the same thing,” she retorted. Chloe made a confused expression.

“What?”

“What?!” Lois asked in an exasperated voice. “Last time I checked, it was illegal to have sex in the middle of a public establishment.” Chloe narrowed her eyes at her.

“There are two things wrong with your statement. First, I sincerely doubt that you’ve ever checked that particular law.”

“Okay, that’s a valid point,” Lois shrugged.

“And second, we weren’t having sex,” Chloe said.

“No, but you were certainly on your way.” Lois paused. “You weren’t looking at him from an outsider’s perspective Chlo. He looked like he was ready to take you right there.” Chloe’s mouth dropped open for a second, but she quickly closed it.

“Ugh!” She said, frustrated by the situation. “I am so telling your mom that you ditched school today.” Lois rolled her eyes.

“Go ahead. It’s not like she’ll care. She’s not one of those, you know, good parents like your dad,” she said. Chloe heard the sadness tingeing her cousin’s tone.

“I’m sorry,” she said. Lois sighed.

“It’s okay.” She gave Chloe a hug. “Just be careful okay? Lex Luthor seemed pretty intense and I don’t want you getting hurt.” Chloe nodded.

“Don’t worry. Nothing’s going to happen.”

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    ~*~*~
    Ch. 7
    ~*~*~

Chloe spotted her father coming out of one of the convention’s meeting rooms and waved to him. He smiled and came over to her.

“You found a dress,” he said as he motioned to the long bag she held in her hand. She smiled grimly and nodded.

“Yeah,” she said. “You seem happy. Convention going well?” He smiled.

“Actually, your young man tracked me down today,” he responded as they walked over to a couple of chairs in the hallway. She sat down first and frowned.

“My young man?”

“Bishop Gregory. Nice guy,” he mused. “He said you two had a little bit of a disagreement this morning.” She rolled her eyes.

“That’s a little bit of an understatement,” she said.

“Chloe,” he said seriously. “I know that you’re still in pain because of everything that happened with Clark, but you shouldn’t throw away an opportunity with a good guy like this.” Chloe raised an eyebrow.

“What makes you think he’s a good guy?” She asked.

“We had a talk,” he said with a grin. “You two seem well suited for each other, I hope you give him another chance.”

“Don’t count on it,” she mumbled. He chose to ignore her comment.

“Everyone has disagreements Chloe. You said you had a good time with him the other night, work off of that,” he said. Chloe stood up and gave her dad a fake smile.

“We’ll see,” she said non-commitingly. He nodded and stood up, and then kissed her forehead. She sighed. “Fine, I’ll make an effort,” she grumbled. He smiled.

“Good. Because I told him that I was willing to give up my dinner with you tonight if you two wanted to go out.”

“What?!” Chloe couldn’t believe it. How could her own father do this to her? He gave her a serious look.

“You said you’d make an effort,” he reminded her. She scowled at him.

“That was before I knew that you set me up with him,” she countered. He grinned.

“I have to go, another meeting is starting up in a few minutes. He’s picking you up at seven.” He turned to go the other way but turned around again and walked backward for a moment. “Be nice.”

~*~*~*~*~

Chloe slid the key card through the slot and shoved her door open. She grumbled as she hung the dress up in the closet next to the doorway.

“Still in a bad mood?” A voice whispered in her ear. She spun around and clasped her hand over her heart to steady herself when she saw who it was.

“How do you keep getting in here?” She asked. He smirked and held up a key card. “Great,” she mumbled sarcastically. Chloe noticed that the room was filled with vases of flowers and eyed Lex. “You did this?” He frowned.

“Bishop,” he replied. “Although, if it makes you feel better, I thought about switching the card.” Chloe laughed.

“That does make me feel better,” she said as she felt one of the flowers. “Makes you live up to your image I guess.” He raised an eyebrow.

“Which image is that?”

“You know… evil?” She said with a grin. He chuckled and placed his hands on her upper arms from behind.

“And that makes you feel better?” He asked in an amused voice. She smiled.

“Always nice to know what I’m up against,” she replied. He pulled her back flush against him and her eyes widened.

“Is that so?” He murmured as he leaned down and kissed her neck. She closed her eyes for a moment but quickly pulled away from him. He furrowed his brow. “What’s wrong?” She shook her head.

“We can’t do this,” she said. He took a step closer to her.

“You don’t like me?” He asked. She glared at him for a second.

“Your friend is persistent,” she said, purposely avoiding his question. He raised an eyebrow in surprise.

“Bishop?”

“Yeah Bishop. He talked to my dad today and now I have to have dinner with him,” she grumbled as she swept a hand through her hair. Lex looked angry and regretful.

“I’m sorry Chloe,” he said. ‘I’ll kill him,’ he thought. She shrugged.

“No big deal. It’s just dinner right?” She asked, although it was more of a statement. He tilted his head to look at her.

“You don’t have to go. I’ll call him,” he offered. She went to sit down on the bed.

“Don’t bother. A girl has to eat. And besides, my dad thinks he’s perfect for me,” she said as she slipped her shoes off. Lex gave what sounded almost like a snort.

“Your father thought Clark was perfect for you too,” he countered. She sighed and shook her head.

“No, he didn’t,” she admitted. Lex looked surprised and went to stand in front of her.

“Every father thinks Clark is perfect for their daughter,” he said with a grin. She laughed.

“Not mine apparently,” she said as she looked up at him.

“Normally I’d say that was a sign of good taste, but seeing as how he wants you paired up with Bishop, I’ll have to digress,” he said. Chloe laughed again, but it was a little sadder this time. “I thought that would cheer you up. What’s wrong?”

“I just don’t want to go tonight,” she admitted. Lex looked thoughtful.

“I could arrange an accident,” he said with a smirk. “But that might seriously lessen your opinion of me.” Chloe laughed and stood up.

“What makes you think my opinion of you hasn’t hit rock bottom already?” She kidded. Lex wrapped his arms around her waist and leaned down to kiss her.

“Has it?” His warm voice murmured against her lips. He kissed her again with more passion. “I’ll have to see what I can do to improve that.”

~*~*~
    Ch. 8
    ~*~*~

Chloe wrapped her arms around his neck as they kissed, their tongues swirling together. Lex moved her backward until the bed hit the backs of her legs, and then he slowly leaned them down. She pulled away from his mouth to breathe and looked at him.

“We shouldn’t be doing this,” she said. “Remember the last time you let passion control you,” she reminded him. He smirked and laid his forearms on either side of her, effectively pinning her to the spot she was in.

“Do you have meteor rock abilities?” He asked. She smiled.

“No,” she said. He leaned down and kissed her again, leaving her lips swollen and her eyes only half open from the pleasure that was beginning to course through her.

“We shouldn’t have a problem then.” He moved his lips from hers along her jaw line until he reached her ear. His tongue darted out to trace the fine ridges of it and then his warm breath caressed it, sending a shiver through Chloe’s body. “Make love with me Chloe.” She made a small whimpering sound and nodded. They started to remove each other’s clothing. He ran his tongue along her neck and then nibbled gently in the spot with his teeth. She ground her hips against him and he groaned.

Lex spread her legs apart with his hand and positioned his body between them, but didn’t enter her. Chloe looked at him questioningly. He dipped his mouth down and took one of her nipples gently between his teeth. Chloe gasped. Her nails dug into his back and he smirked. His tongue ran circles around her taut nipple and she began writhing beneath him, searching for contact with her most sensitive areas. Lex moved a hand down her body and rubbed his thumb against her clit. Her hips bucked against him. He tentatively inserted his index finger into her moist recesses and she moaned. ‘So warm and wet already, she’s going to be the death of me,’ Lex thought. No more waiting. He raised himself and positioned his shaft at her entrance, plunging in with one hard thrust. Chloe screamed and gripped the covers beneath her. ‘So tight… damn!’

“Are you alright Chloe?” He asked in a hushed voice. Her eyes were closed and she was biting her lip, but she nodded. He closed his eyes and ignored his conscience that was telling him they had taken this too far and that he should stop. Lex began pumping into her, Chloe’s small moans and writhing spurring him on. He had been with women before, many women, but none excited him as much as she did. She wasn’t faking her emotion or her reactions. She honestly seemed to care about him, or at least she seemed to be passionate about him instead of his money. He had never been in a relationship like that. Lex’s thoughts swept from his mind when he felt her body shuddering under his, her walls tightening around him causing his own release. He lay down beside her, both of them breathing heavily. As his mind started processing again, he remembered what he had been thinking. Relationship.

He doubted that her father would be pleased about that, or Clark for that matter. Then there was the problem of convincing her. But he had to make an effort. Now that he had her, he didn’t want to let her go. He rolled onto his side to look at her. Her breathing had returned almost to normal, but her lips were still swollen and her eyes were still closed. He reached over and brushed some stray hair out of her face. She looked over at him, her eyes widening as the realization of what they had just done finally hitting her. He grinned.

“Something wrong?” He asked. She covered her face with her hands.

“I can’t believe I just slept with you,” she mumbled. He nibbled on her ear and her eyes fluttered closed. “I’m going to be in so much trouble.”

“Why?” He whispered, blowing onto the spot he had just been lavishing with his tongue and teeth. Goosebumps rose all over her body and Lex grinned at her body’s reaction. She gave a sardonic laugh.

“I can’t very well say, ‘hey Dad, sorry I couldn’t go out with Bishop, but I just slept with Lex so I didn’t think it would be appropriate.” She shook her head and looked at him again. “Unless you still want me to go?” He raised an eyebrow.

“I didn’t want you to go in the first place,” he reminded her. She sighed and got off the bed. She started to walk to the bathroom and felt Lex’s hand lightly grab her arm. “Where do you think you’re going?” She turned around and smiled at him.

“Shower,” she responded. “I can’t believe I still have to go out with him,” she said in disbelief. He wrapped his arms around her and she placed her hands on his chest.

“You don’t,” he said. “Tell him that your father was out of line in suggesting that you go out with him again.”

“Dad said to be nice,” she said.

“Tell him that you finally succumbed to the Luthor charm,” he suggested with a smirk. She laughed and pushed herself away from him.

“Yeah, I’m sure that would go over well,” she said sarcastically.

“Fine. I’ll tell him that we’re involved and that he’s never to even think about you again,” he said seriously. She raised an eyebrow. “I won’t share you Chloe.” His voice was menacing, but not toward her. She knew his anger was directed toward Bishop.

“Don’t overreact,” she said. “You’ll be sick of me and onto the next woman in no time,” she said only half-joking. He raised his palm to her cheek and kissed her passionately.

“How can you think that?” He said as he pulled away. “I care about you Chloe.” She had a questioning look on her face.

“You do?”

“You sound surprised,” he observed.

“I am,” she said. He nodded once.

“How do you feel about me?” He asked, his tone serious and bordering on emotional. She grinned as she looked into his eyes.

“I like you,” she said. “I never expected anything like this to happen between us, but I like you.” He smiled.

“It took me by surprise too,” he admitted. She nodded. “Honestly, I think I’ve been attracted to you for a while now, but I pushed it to the back of my mind because of Clark.” She frowned.

“Oh.” He lifted her chin with his finger.

“But I don’t regret acting on it now, and I hope you don’t either,” he said, his eyes pleading with her for the answer he wanted. She shook her head and grinned.

“I don’t,” she said. They kissed and she pulled away. “I still have to get ready,” she reminded him. He leaned down and peppered her neck with kisses. “Lex.” He ignored her protest and started sucking on her neck. She wrapped her arms around his neck and unconsciously tilted her head to the side giving him better access. “Lex,” she whispered.

“Mmm?”

“You’re gonna leave a mark,” she said in half protest. He smiled and pulled away slightly, moving his tongue to lick over the bruise he had just caused. He tilted his head to look at it and Chloe’s eyes grew wide when she realized that it had been intentional. She rubbed her face with her hand. “You’re going to get me in so much trouble,” she said. There was a knock on the door. Lex quickly grabbed the two courtesy robes from the bathroom and they put them on. “I’ll get it,” she said, moving to open the door. Lex blocked her path and motioned for her to get back.

“The hell you will,” he muttered. “I don’t want anyone else seeing you like that.” Chloe arched an eyebrow.

“I’m in a long, plush robe. It’s hardly alluring,” she said. He gave her a warning look, letting her know that he was serious, and she rolled her eyes. “Fine.” She walked back to the Jacuzzi room and started running the water. Lex looked through the peephole and opened the door. Bishop looked at him in surprise.

“Lex?” He asked. Lex smirked.

“Chloe’s taken,” he said. “And, I say that I find it appalling that you went to her father to try to get back in her good graces.” Bishop raised an eyebrow.

“You would have done the same.”

“I didn’t have to.”

~*~*~
    Ch. 9
    ~*~*~

“So what are you saying Lex? That you and Chloe are together now?” Bishop asked. Lex tilted his head slightly, a bemused expression on his face.

“You didn’t just figure that out did you?” He retorted. Bishop glared at him for a second and then smirked.

“As far as I know, you could have just let yourself into her room to throw me off. She might not even be in there,” he said. Lex gave him a hard stare.

“As far as you know she may not be,” he finally agreed. “But I’m not giving you the opportunity to find out,” he said. Bishop grinned. He still had a card up his sleeve.

“If she is in there, could you tell her that I’m here and that we’re supposed to meet her dad for dinner in…” He looked at his watch and smiled. “Twenty minutes.” Lex arched an eyebrow and crossed his arms.

“It was my understanding that her father opted out of having dinner with her so you could take his place,” Lex said calmly. Bishop nodded.

“That was the original plan, but he seemed more amiable to the idea of spending time with his daughter and her new boyfriend,” Bishop sneered. “It seems he’s barely gotten to see her during this trip. You wouldn’t know the reason for that would you?” Lex dropped his arms to his sides and clenched his hands into fists, silently counting to ten to calm down.

“Where are Chloe and I supposed to meet him?” He asked. There was a pause while Bishop stared blankly at him. Lex smirked. “You said Gabe wanted to spend time with his daughter and her new boyfriend, the latter of whom isn’t you.”

Because they were so caught up in their verbal argument, neither of them heard Chloe turn off the water and listen to their conversation. She was livid. How dare Bishop use her dad against her like that? And at the same time, what made Lex think that he had any say in who she went out with? They weren’t going out. They had hormones that they couldn’t seem to control when they were around each other and they had slept together because of it, but she doubted that he would want a relationship with her. She sighed and took a quick bath in the water she had run, and then got dressed. Bishop saw her and smiled.

“Chloe,” he greeted in a cheerful voice. Lex spun around. Chloe was fully dressed in a beautiful navy blue dress and heels. The mark he had left on her neck was concealed with makeup and he frowned.

“Bishop,” she said dryly. “Where is my dad expecting me for dinner?” He smiled broadly and held out his hand past Lex.

“Us,” he said. “He’s expecting ‘us’ for dinner,” he said in a happy voice. She shook her head.

“I’m not going anywhere with either of you,” she said plainly.

“Great. We can just call room service. Goodbye Bishop,” Lex said. Chloe walked out into the hallway and Lex frowned. She sighed.

“This ends now,” she said in the calmest voice she could muster. “Bishop, I’m sure that you’re a very nice guy, but I have a feeling that you’re only trying to go out with me because you’re in some sort of weird competition thing with Lex, so I’ll have to decline.” She turned to Lex, who was still standing in a robe in the doorway. “Lex…” She paused, trying to think of the right words to say, but she just shook her head. “I like you,” she said quietly. “But I can’t be with someone who doesn’t want a relationship. I want to be able to go out in public, and I don’t think you’d be willing to do that with me. I’m sorry.” Her eyes started to well up with tears, but she started to walk away from both of them before they started falling.

“Chloe,” Lex called after her. She kept walking. “Chloe!” Lex yelled. Bishop started to run after her. Lex looked down at his attire. “Damn it!” He slammed the door and went to throw his clothes back on. Bishop caught up with her quickly and stopped in front of her, blocking her path. He reached up and wiped a tear off of her cheek with his thumb.

“Shh,” he whispered. Bishop tried to pull her into his embrace to comfort her but she jerked away from him. He sighed and swept a hand through her hair. “Look Chloe, I don’t know what Luthor told you, but I honestly think I might have feelings for you. That, and I want a relationship. I thought that’s why Lex set us up in the first place, well, until you told me otherwise.” Chloe wiped the water out of her eyes and looked at him. His voice sounded sincere and his expression seemed honest. ‘Crap.’

“I’m sorry,” she said, her voice quiet and shaky. He grinned and gave her a hug, and this time she accepted it, but didn’t return it. He pulled away and put a grin on his lips.

“We’re going to be late,” he said, offering her his arm. “I don’t want to make a bad impression on your dad.” Chloe gave a sardonic laugh.

“I don’t think that’s possible,” she said. “He already thinks we’re perfect for each other.” She didn’t expect him to catch the last part, as she only muttered it, but he arched an eyebrow.

“Really?” He asked in surprise and obvious delight. Chloe rolled her eyes.

“Yeah, well, it’s not his opinion that matters, it’s mine,” she reminded him. He smiled and nodded as they walked onto the elevator.

“I can handle that.”

Meanwhile, Lex had thrown his clothes on hurriedly. When he looked out into the hallway, neither Chloe or Bishop was there and he cursed. Thank God he had a memory for details and knew Gabe Sullivan’s cell phone number by heart. He frantically dialed the number on his own cell phone and left the room.

“Gabe Sullivan,” the voice on the other end of the line answered. Lex inwardly cursed how chipper he sounded. He was expecting his daughter to show up with Bishop and was actually happy about it.

“Gabe, it’s Lex,” he said curtly. “Where are you?”

“Lex,” Gabe repeated in surprise. “Is something wrong at the plant? I’m in Metropolis for the convention, remember?” Lex bit his tongue at the scathing comment he was prepared to make.

“I’m in Metropolis too,” he said impatiently. “Where are you specifically?” Gabe furrowed his brow.

“I’m about to have dinner with Chloe and her boyfriend.” There was a pause on Gabe’s end of the phone as he heard Lex mumbling some profanities. “I’m right outside The Gosling.”

“Good. I can be there in ten minutes. Don’t leave,” he warned. “I have something I need to talk to you about.” Gabe ran a hand over his head in worry.

“Okay,” he agreed. Lex hung up his phone and Gabe did the same. Gabe saw a limo pull up and he smiled as Bishop and Chloe got out. “Hi sweetheart,” he greeted, going over to give Chloe a hug. She grinned and returned the embrace. When they pulled away, Bishop shook his hand and placed his other hand on the small of Chloe’s back. The gesture made her feel uncomfortable, and she tried to wiggle free, only to be unsuccessful. “Shall we eat?” Bishop nodded and Chloe forced a grin onto her face. Her dad seemed so happy, although he usually seemed happy.

They had just been seated at their table when Chloe spotted a familiar figure talking to the host. ‘Thank God,’ she thought in relief, and then quickly mentally chiding herself for being so thankful to see Lex. She had told him she didn’t want to see him either, right? ‘Or was I just having that conversation with myself?’ She thought sarcastically. The man pointed to their table after Lex slid him what Chloe imagined was a considerable amount of money, judging by the host’s expression. Bishop grumbled something and Gabe looked up from his menu to see Lex striding over to them. He stood up to shake his boss’s hand.

“So what was so important that you needed to talk to me in person?” Gabe asked, his tone a mix of his emotions, curious and concerned. Lex’s gaze fixed on Chloe and they kept eye contact for what seemed like an uncomfortable amount of time.

“I’m in love with your daughter.”

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    ~*~*~
    Ch. 10
    ~*~*~

Chloe’s eyes widened in shock, Bishop ran a hand over his face, and Gabe just looked confused.

“What?” Gabe asked, hoping that he had heard Lex incorrectly. Lex ignored him and went over to Chloe’s side. She looked panicked.

“What are you doing?” She asked in a loud whisper.

“Making an effort,” he responded. “Is this public enough for you?” She narrowed her eyes at him when she realized that he was referring to her earlier comment.

“Chloe?” Her dad questioned. She turned her head to look at him and gave him a forced grin as she stood up. “What’s going on?” He asked with concern. Lex calmly placed his hand on her shoulder and forced her back down into her chair.

“I’m not giving you the opportunity to run again,” he said into her ear as he scooted her chair back in. He stood up straight and straightened his cuff link. “Please sit Gabe,” he said, motioning with his hand. Gabe eyed him skeptically but sat down again. Lex took the chair on the Chloe’s other side. Lex picked up a menu and scanned it with his eyes while Gabe kept his stare focused on him. He looked exasperated and Lex let out a small sigh. “You wanted to have dinner with your daughter and her boyfriend, correct?” Gabe nodded and looked between Chloe and Bishop. Lex shrugged and made eye contact with him. “Now you are.” Gabe’s mouth dropped open.

“You’re not my boyfriend,” she said in a hushed voice as she leaned over toward him. He smirked as he leaned over to meet her half way, and spoke in the same volume she did.

“Which one of us made love to you this afternoon?” He asked, raising an eyebrow. Chloe fought hard to keep the blush from rising to her cheeks, but was unsuccessful. Things only got worse when she glanced over at her dad and realized that he had heard Lex’s comment. His eyes were large, his mouth was open again, and he looked horrified.

“You, you’re…” he stammered, looking back and forth between them. Lex gave him a sympathetic look and Bishop snickered.

“Way to go Luthor. You just blew any shot you had with her,” he said under his breath. Lex glared at him and then turned his attention to Chloe, who looked mortified with the situation.

“Now do you see why he’s not the right man for you?” He asked. She narrowed her eyes at him.

“I already knew he wasn’t the right guy for me, I was being nice like my dad made me promise to. Remember?” She said through gritted teeth. Lex looked back at Gabe.

“Neither one of us planned on it if that makes you feel better,” he offered. Gabe shook his head.

“It doesn’t,” he replied. He paused when he looked at Chloe looking at Lex and sighed, rubbing his temple with his hand. “So what happens now?” Lex and Bishop both recognized the tone of his voice immediately. Defeat. Lex grinned and Bishop groaned.

“That depends on Chloe,” Lex answered, shifting his gaze to her. “I know you’re still upset about the situation with Clark, but…” She shook her head slightly and looked down.

“It’s been a while since I’ve even thought about it,” She admitted in a low voice. Lex tipped her chin up with his hand and looked into her eyes.

“Do you love me Chloe?” He asked. She quickly darted her eyes around the room, trying to avoid eye contact with him.

“I, uh, we’ve only been,” she rambled while searching for the right thing to say. “We’re not even going out.” He grinned.

“That’s not an answer,” he said. He saw her hesitancy to answer. “I’ll make it easy for you,” he started talking in a smooth and quiet husky voice that forced her to look into his eyes. “Have you ever felt this way around anyone else? The electricity that charges through your body when we talk? How it consumes you when we touch?” She bit her bottom lip and shook her head. Lex looked at her expectantly and leaned in to kiss her. Gabe and Bishop both clearing their throats loudly stopped him. He glared at them angrily. “Problem gentlemen?” Gabe looked at him in disbelief and Bishop simply sighed and pushed his chair away from the table.

“I believe that’s my cue to leave,” he said as he stood up.

“Your cue was a long time ago, but thanks for finally noticing,” Lex said dryly. Bishop smirked and picked up Chloe’s hand.

“If you ever change your mind,” he said and kissed her hand. He winked at her as he left and she shook her head.

“Does he ever give up?” She mumbled. Lex grinned.

“He won’t bother you again,” he said reassuringly as he appreciated her beauty. He was fighting the urge to throw her over his shoulder and take her back to the hotel. He sighed and turned to Gabe. “Do you have a problem with Chloe and I being together?” Gabe frowned.

“Yes,” he admitted. “But it doesn’t look like I have much of a say in the matter,” he grumbled. Chloe grinned and Lex nodded. He swept a hand through her hair and brought her lips to his. Gabe rubbed his eyes and told himself that he was just stuck in a bad dream. “If you’ll excuse me for a moment,” he said, but the couple ignored him as he stood up and walked to the outside of the restaurant. It was frowned upon to use your cell phone inside, and he didn’t want them to hear the conversation anyway. He took out his phone and dialed the number.

“Hello?” Jonathan Kent answered the phone.

“Jonathan, it’s Gabe,” he said. Jonathan smiled.

“Hey! Back from your trip already? Clark will be thrilled. He and Pete have been moping around since Chloe left with you,” he said. Gabe grinned.

“Good. That should make things easier,” he replied, speaking his thoughts out loud. Jonathan creased his brow.

“What?” He asked. Gabe sighed.

“Uh, we’re not back yet, but we’re coming back early tomorrow. A… situation has come up that I need Clark and Pete’s help with,” he said, trying to explain what was going on without giving too many details. He knew that Jonathan hated Lex, and he could certainly sympathize with that emotion, but right now he needed to concentrate on getting Chloe to come to her senses. Jonathan arched an eyebrow.

“What could you possibly need Clark and Pete’s help for?” He asked. Clark came into the kitchen when he heard his dad say that. He sat down and looked at Jonathan expectantly. Gabe sighed again.

“Chloe and Lex…” he paused, revulsion overcoming him. “They’ve become… involved.” He said the last word with disgust. Jonathan’s eyes narrowed.

“What?” He asked disbelievingly.

“I don’t know how it happened, but apparently they’re seeing each other,” Gabe pushed the words out of his mouth. There was a slight moment of silence on Jonathan’s end of the phone while he frowned and looked at Clark.

“You want Clark’s help killing him? Because I’ll volunteer,” he said. Gabe gave a sardonic chuckle.

“No. I just need her friends to help her come to her senses,” he replied. Jonathan nodded.

“I’ll talk to him right now,” he said.

“Thanks Jonathan. I’ll call you when we get back into town.” Jonathan hung up the phone and frowned at Clark. Clark didn’t notice the solemn expression on his face and grinned.

“What do you need to talk to me about?”

~*~*~
    Ch. 11
    ~*~*~

Gabe came back into the restaurant and smiled as he sat down. Chloe looked up at him and returned his smile.

“You look happy. What happened?” She asked. He nodded.

“I found out that we don’t need to stay for most of the convention tomorrow. We can leave after my first two meetings in the morning.” He took a drink of water. “We’ll be back on the road to Smallville by ten at the latest.” Lex eyed him suspiciously, but he ignored it.

“Really?” Lex asked dryly. Gabe smiled and gave him a look that indicated that he had some sort of a plan.

“Yep. Isn’t that great news sweetheart?” He asked Chloe. She smiled dimly out of surprise.

“I… guess so. Sure,” she agreed. Lex placed his hand on her thigh under the table and she smiled brightly. “At least I won’t have to go to the party.” Gabe smiled broadly.

“That’s the spirit,” he said.

~*~*~*~*~

Jonathan crossed his arms and frowned at Clark.

“When did Chloe and Lex start going out?” He asked hesitantly. Clark furrowed his brow.

“Going out where?” He asked. Jonathan grinned at the fact that his son obviously had no knowledge of what was going on, but it made it that much harder for him to approach the topic with him.

“No son, I mean, when did they start dating?” He asked. Clark eyed his father suspiciously.

“They’re not dating,” he said in a bemused fashion. “They can barely stand to be in the same room with each other.” Jonathan sat down across from him.

“Apparently that’s changed,” he said. Clark narrowed his eyes at him.

“What do you mean?”

“I just got off the phone with Gabe. He’s pretty upset, and understandably so,” Jonathan explained. Clark looked at him in disbelief. His mouth dropped open to speak, but no words came out. His father sighed. “I know this must be a shock for you son.” Clark shook his head to try and clear the thought of them together.

“He’s wrong. I mean, he must be wrong,” Clark protested. Jonathan gave him a grimace of a smile.

“You don’t want them to be together do you?” Jonathan asked. Clark looked horrified. “Gabe has asked for help with getting them to stop seeing each other. I don’t know if you feel up to it because they’re both your friends…”

“I’ll help,” Clark interrupted. He ran a hand through his hair. “What do I have to do?”

~*~*~*~*~

Chloe stared out the window for most of the long drive home. Her father insisted that she get to bed early the previous night, and had basically made sure of it by sending Lex away after they got to the hotel. She was a little ambivalent about going back to Smallville. She liked Lex, and he told her that he loved her, but she wasn’t sure how everything was going to be now that she was going back to her ‘real life’. Chloe was nervous about telling people, but then the thought crossed her mind that Lex may not even want to. She wasn’t sure which of those thoughts bothered her most. They pulled up to their house and she frowned when she saw Clark’s truck in the driveway. Gabe smiled.

“Looks like your friends missed you,” he said as he got out of the car. She put a fake smile on her lips and nodded. She got out of the car and went up to the front door. She tried to unlock it with her key, but the door was already open. She pushed her way inside and her friends jumped up and yelled.

“Surprise!” She took a quick scan of the room with her eyes. Clark, Pete, Lana, Erica, a few people she barely knew from school, and Whitney? ‘He must be on leave,’ she thought.

“What’s the occasion?” She asked as Clark enveloped her in a big bear hug. He pulled back slightly, but didn’t get rid of the body contact altogether.

“We just missed you,” he said. She raised an eyebrow.

“I was only gone for a few days,” she said. Everyone gave her a hug and her mind rushed at why this was going on. Things clicked into place when she saw her dad come in with their luggage. She walked over to him and spoke to him in a hushed tone. “Not that I don’t appreciate a good surprise party as much as the next person, but this wouldn’t have anything to do with your change in mood at dinner last night would it?” He smiled.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he said. She rolled her eyes.

“You’ve got to be the worst liar ever Dad,” she said. He kissed her forehead.

“I just figured that spending all that time alone in Metropolis probably got you down and that spending some quality time with your friends would help cheer you up,” he explained. She gave him a genuine smile and a hug.

“How quality?” She asked, a mischievous lilt to her voice. “Are alcoholic beverages involved?” He laughed.

“Funny,” he said sarcastically.

“Worth a shot,” she said. Chloe didn’t realize the ulterior motive behind the party. Clark came up and quickly grabbed her hand.

“You don’t mind if I borrow her do you?” He asked Gabe. Gabe just smiled and Clark drug Chloe off to other side of the room where all of her friends and sort of friends were talking. The doorbell rang and Gabe answered the door.

“Lex?” Gabe greeted. Lex grinned and stepped by him.

“Lana was kind enough to tell me about this shindig when I ran into her at the Talon,” he said. Gabe took a deep breath to steady himself.

“You must have left early this morning,” he commented. Lex turned to glance at him.

“Last night actually,” he said. He turned around and looked at Chloe. He was trying to figure out why the young man hanging all over her seemed so familiar. ‘Whitney Fordman?’ Chloe glanced over and made eye contact with Lex. She smiled brightly and pushed herself away from the rest of the crowd. He met her halfway. “Surprise party?” He asked as he wrapped his arms around her.

“I guess,” she said and wrapped her arms around his neck. “I was completely surprised.” He chuckled and leaned down to kiss her.

“What the hell?!”

~*~*~
    Ch. 12
    ~*~*~

Lex ignored Whitney’s outburst, and all of the shocked faces, and kissed Chloe anyway. Clark paled, momentarily stunned by what he was seeing. He knew what his father had told him, but seeing it with his own eyes was completely different. When he came back to his senses, he ripped Chloe away from Lex’s arms. He didn’t release of his hold on her arm.

“What are you doing?” He asked in a horrified voice.

“Clark…” Lex started, but Clark didn’t turn around. He kept his gaze on Chloe. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. She looked to Lex, asking him the unspoken question with her eyes. He nodded.

“Lex and I are… involved,” she said. Clark’s eyes widened and he tilted his head. He looked back and forth between Chloe and Lex and focused on Chloe again.

“But…” he shook his head. “Why?” He looked so forlorn and Chloe frowned at his hurt expression. He absently started stroking her arm and stepped closer to her. Lex took a deep breath to regain his bearings. He knew she still had feelings for Clark, but he wasn’t sure how deep they went; and more importantly, she never said she loved him in return. She shrunk her body away from Clark so that he would stop touching her. Lex grinned; it was a good sign.

“You, of all people, don’t have the right to question me about my relationships. I like Lex… a lot,” she paused as she looked at Lex and then she smiled and looked at Clark. “I don’t know if I can explain it Clark. We just have a connection.” The people in the room started to chatter in whispers about what was going on. Clark shook his head and stepped closer to her again.

“But…” Lex’s hand on his shoulder stopped him from advancing any more. Clark swung around and glared at him.

“I love her Clark,” Lex admitted. He had already gone through this with Bishop, and although that had been his fault because he was the one to initially push her at him, he didn’t feel like going through it again. Chloe meant too much to him for him to let Clark, a young man with whom he felt he could probably never compete for Chloe’s affections, stand in the way. He knew Clark was indecisive about Chloe, and that he thought he was in love with Lana. Chloe deserved better than that. Chloe deserved better than him too, but Lex didn’t let that thought stop him. Several gasps were heard among the hushed voices after that comment. Whitney whispered to Lana.

“So Lex took Clark’s girlfriend?” He asked. Lana opened her mouth to speak, but shut it quickly after no words came out. “I thought they were friends. How could he do that to him?” Clark overheard him because of his enhanced hearing ability.

“Good question Whitney,” he said, still glaring at Lex. Whitney looked over at him in surprise. “How could you do this to me Lex?” Lex sighed and gazed over at the crowd for a moment.

“Party’s over,” he said dryly. “Go home.”

“Stay,” Clark said, his eyes fixed on Lex.

“I’m more than willing to discuss this with you in a calm and rational manner, but I would rather not have an audience,” Lex said. Clark squared his jaw and nodded.

“Okay,” he agreed. The group started to filter out the front door. A couple of them waved to Chloe, and Lana was brave enough to come over and give her a small hug before leaving. The last person out the door shut the door behind them and Clark looked at Lex expectantly. “I’m waiting.”

“We didn’t plan this Clark,” Lex started.

“And that’s supposed to make me feel better?” Clark asked. Lex gave him a sympathetic look.

“Sometimes the truth hurts,” he said dryly. Clark shook his head and looked at Chloe.

“Why?” He asked her again and stepped closer. “I thought that we…”

“We’re friends Clark,” she answered. “You made that abundantly clear.” He frowned.

“You’re the one who said we shouldn’t risk our friendship after all,” he protested. She nodded.

“Because it was too painful to see you so infatuated with Lana all the time,” she said, fighting back the tears that were beginning to well up in her eyes. “But, just as friends, knowing that I could move on with my life, it didn’t hurt as much.” Clark’s mouth dropped open a little but no words came out.

“Chloe,” he said. He stepped toward her again, but this time she stepped toward Lex. Clark gave Lex a quick glare. “We can still be together Chloe, you don’t have to be with him.” Chloe looked at him in disbelief.

“I want to be with him,” she said. Lex placed his hand on the small of her back as a comforting gesture and she leaned against it. She sighed. “I still want to be your friend Clark, but I can’t spend the rest of my life wanting to be with you and you wanting to be with her. And now I don’t even want to be with you, not like that. Please be happy for me.” Clark looked back and forth between them and then his eyes dropped to the floor. He shuffled his foot and Chloe frowned. “Are you going to be okay?” He looked up at her with an obviously forced small grin on his lips.

“Yeah,” he lied. Chloe grinned.

“Good,” she said. “Now go make your move on Lana before Whitney gets her back again.” Clark gave her a questioning look. “Go on,” she ordered. A glimpse of a real smile overtook his features.

“I love you Chlo,” he said and gave her a hug. She allowed a tear to fall down her cheek, but wiped it off on his shirt.

“I love you too Clark, now go get the girl you really want,” she said. He looked at Lex hesitantly. He wasn’t sure he could trust him any more, not that he had completely trusted him before. Lex nodded his head once in the silent understanding between them that if he hurt Chloe in any way that Clark would kill him. Clark nodded back and left the house. Chloe turned around and wrapped her arms around Lex’s waist and his arms embraced her. “So I’m thinking that my dad set this whole thing up,” she said. Lex grinned.

“That would be my guess,” he said. “What do you think we should do?” She got an evil grin on her face and looked up at him. He raised an eyebrow.

“Go to your house?” She suggested mischievously. He smiled and leaned down to speak into her ear.

“Best idea I’ve heard all day,” he said in a low, husky voice that made her shiver. He tilted his head and captured her mouth with his. The kiss was soft for only a second before they deepened it. Her hands ran up his chest and around his neck, then became more demanding and pressed against the back of his head, silently asking for more contact. Gabe cleared his throat loudly and Chloe slowly pulled away from Lex and smiled at her dad.

“Sorry, we were just leaving,” she said. Lex ignored Gabe’s glare and wrapped his arm around Chloe’s back. He gave her a kiss on the top of her head and escorted her out the front door. Gabe rested his forehead against the wall and let out a long sigh. ‘God I hope there’s some alcohol in this house.’

~*~*~*~*~

The drive to Lex’s home was relatively short, of course, the fact that he was going well over the legal speed limit helped. He thought for a moment about slowing down, driving at a lower speed to help keep her safe. Chloe had gone as far as to rebuke Clark Kent’s offer for them to be together. Considering the fact that she had been in love with him, or a close facsimile thereof, it said a lot for her to have the will to turn him down. Lex didn’t want to lose her. But, her hand found his thigh, and as he glanced over and saw the sparkle in her eyes, all rational thought flew out the window. He gave her a smirk and stepped on the gas.

They got to the house and Lex, ever the gentleman, opened her door for her. She laughed and made a comment about being able to open her own car door. Lex grinned and leaned down to kiss her. She pulled away and looked into his eyes.

“What’s wrong?” She asked. His arms were still wrapped around her and he brought a hand up to sweep a few stray strands of hair out of her face.

“Just thinking,” he lied. She arched an eyebrow.

“About?” She prodded.

“How I can make you love me,” he responded in a serious voice that took Chloe a little off guard. She nodded and bit her lip.

“Because I didn’t tell Clark that I love you right?” She confirmed. He nodded. “I’m sorry.” She stood on her toes and gingerly placed a kiss on his mouth. “I should have.”

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    ~*~*~
    Ch. 13 - The End
    ~*~*~

Lex arched an eyebrow at her when she pulled away.

“You should have?” He repeated. He looked at her expectantly, but she just nodded and kept her eyes on the ground. He lifted her chin with his hand. “You should have what?” Lex asked. He knew what she was referring to, but after having to win her affections away from Bishop, seeing Whitney crawl all over her at the party, and almost getting into a fist fight with Clark (which he was certain he would have lost), he needed to hear her say it. Chloe grinned and placed her hands on his chest.

“I should have told him that I love you,” she said quietly. He placed his hands on her cheeks and brought their mouths together in one swift movement. She was initially taken by surprise, but quickly reciprocated and accepted his deepening of the kiss. He moved his hand to the back of her head so she couldn’t pull away.

Their arms moved around each other as their tongues slid back and forth, mimicking what they wanted to be doing with their bodies. Chloe had to push him away when she needed to breathe. Both of them were breathing heavily, and Chloe smiled. Lex grinned and lifted her up to carry her. Her eyes widened in shock.

“Put me down!” She demanded. He smirked, and just started walking, carrying her in his arms. “I am capable of walking you know,” she stated. He chuckled.

“I don’t want to give you the opportunity to get away,” he replied. She rolled her eyes.

“Nice line,” she said sarcastically.

“I try.” After they got inside, Lex kicked the door shut with his foot and placed her feet down on the floor, but kept his arms around her. Chloe looked up into his eyes and the intense gaze she saw there frightened her a little.

“Lex?” She asked hesitantly. Chloe thought she had seen him when he was focused, but it had been nothing compared to this. He tightened his grip and leaned down to kiss her again. His mouth moved from her lips to her jaw line, and eventually to her neck. He pulled back a little and gave her a partial scowl. “What?” She asked.

“You covered it up,” he commented. Chloe arched an eyebrow.

“What did you expect me to do? Let everyone see that you marked me?!” She exclaimed. He nodded his head.

“That was the general idea,” he replied. Lex smirked at her look of disbelief, and moved his mouth to the other side of her neck. Chloe’s eyes began to flutter closed. She didn’t want to fight him, what he was doing felt so good, but she didn’t want another bruise on her.

“What are you doing?” She finally managed to ask. He didn’t answer her. Instead, he licked a small spot on her neck, right on top of a vein. Chloe gasped. There were advantages to being with a man who was more experienced. She felt his teeth drag on her skin and then his mouth began to suckle the area. She let out a small moan and wrapped her arms around his neck. She pulled against the back of his head, forcing him to exert more pressure with his nibbling and sucking. Lex didn’t need the persuasion. He finally pulled away when he felt Chloe’s body completely relax in his arms. He moved his mouth up to her ear.

“Mine.” He was expecting her to agree, or even slap him for being presumptuous, but he was surprised by her response. She moved out of his embrace and smiled mischievously as she looked at him.

“For now,” she said. He arched an eyebrow and she started to run up the stairs. He shook his head as he smiled and began to chase after her.

“You’re going to pay for that,” he yelled after her. Chloe laughed, but it didn’t last long. She reached the top of the stairs and hesitated as to which direction to go. Lex tackled her and brought her down to the ground. He was poised over her and he rolled her over to face him. They both smiled and breathed in gulps of air from having to run up the staircase. “Take it back,” he finally said in a serious tone. She smiled again.

“And if I don’t?” She asked. Lex looked thoughtful.

“I could always lock you up here, never let you see any other man except me again,” he answered. Chloe chuckled and raised her head to kiss him. It was sweet, but she pulled back quickly, leaving Lex wanting more.

“My dad would miss me too much,” she said. He smiled.

“I could make an exception for him I think,” he replied. She grinned.

“And Clark?” She asked playfully. He leaned his head down until their mouths were almost touching.

“Not a chance,” he said. She laughed, but he silenced her by kissing her. Chloe’s arms and legs wrapped around him and he moaned. She responded by allowing his tongue access to her mouth. He used his hands to push himself up to a kneeling, and then standing position, all the time having her body tangled with his. He kissed her deeply and pulled away. “As much as I want to make love to you right here, we should take this to my room so we won’t be disturbed.” She nodded and unraveled her legs, letting her feet slide to the floor. He kissed her again and walked with her to his room.

There was no more fighting the chemistry between them. All that remained was the passion, the love, and the absolute hunger that seemed to be consuming them. Lex ran his fingers under the hem of her shirt as he kissed her. Chloe pulled away and took the shirt off, tossing it to the ground. He chuckled, but made no quips about it. Instead, they both quickly shed the rest of their clothing. They began to kiss again. He slowly walked her backward until she hit the wall. He lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist.

“This seems familiar,” Chloe mumbled against his neck. Lex darted his tongue out and traced the ridges of her ear.

“You have no idea how much I wanted you that night,” he murmured into her ear. Chloe felt a delicious shiver run through her body. “You shouldn’t have kicked me out.” She could feel his erection pressing against her leg and she lifted her hips she could allow him access. Lex felt her heat and wetness as she began to slowly slide him inside of her. He let out a moan and began to pump into her, jarring her back against the wall with every thrust. She hung onto him and met his rhythm with her own hips. Her body shook and she cried out his name as she came. Her walls tightening around him forced him to reach his own climax. He breathed heavily and braced one arm against the wall.

“I love you,” he murmured into her hair. Chloe leaned her head against his chest, trying to catch her breath. She smiled. ‘Nice chest,’ she thought to herself. She ran her hands up his stomach and he glanced down at her. “See something you like?” He teased.

“Mmm,” she answered and slid her tongue out to tease one of his nipples. He took in a sharp breath and placed his other hand on the wall. She gently nipped it and his hips bucked forward. Lex’s breathing became ragged as she moved to the other nipple.

“Chloe,” he rasped out. She kissed her way up his chest to the crook of his neck.

“Turnabout’s fair play,” she said before latching her lips onto his neck. She gently nibbled and sucked. She took it as a good sign when Lex began to groan and he wove his hand into her hair to pull her closer. She sucked harder. If he could mark her, not once, but twice, certainly she should have the right to do the same.

“God, Chloe,” he moaned. ‘Enough of this,’ he thought. He wanted, neigh, needed to be inside her. He couldn’t fight the primal urge to throw her on the bed and take her. He moved her face so he could kiss her, and his tongue pushed its way into her mouth. Lex picked her up and carried her to the bed.

He threw her on top of it and moved on top of her. Lex sat up and raised her ankles to his shoulders. Then he positioned himself at her entrance. Chloe closed her eyes in anticipation and let out a scream of pleasure when he thrust into her in one swift motion. He furiously pumped into her. When he could feel himself nearing his climax, he deftly moved his fingers and rubbed her clit. She screamed again and he collapsed on top of her. She wrapped her legs around his waist, and accepted his body on top of hers. He buried his head in the crook of her neck. He pushed himself up when she started chuckling.

“What?” He asked.

“I was just thinking about how you thought I was going to leave you,” she said. He furrowed his brow.

“And you find that amusing?” He asked. Chloe nodded.

“I don’t think I could ever leave you after that,” she answered. He smirked.

“Good.”

The End

NS Full Member
    :chlexsign2: This is one of those stories (again) that you could read over and over. I luv it when Lex gets jealous (especially when it was his doing Chloe got to meet Bishop in the first place). Served him right but still it was :chlexsign1: all the way.
    and another :worship2: !!!!

*sigh* excuse me I'm still swooning over the thought of being with Lex exclusively... Love possessive Lex!

NS Full Member
    Someone should really take the "almighty" Jonathan Kent down a notch or two. I have never liked him because of his recentment towards Lex. And who does Clark Kent think he is? If he really was a friend of Chloe's he should be happy for her and Lex instead of trying to brake them apart.

“We can still be together Chloe, you don’t have to be with him.” :tease: Please, once you have Lex you never want to have anyone else, at least not Clark Kent.

NS Full Member
    I have already read this in ff.net, I have adored it and I have commented
    I loves this good fic

...sleep all day. Senior Member Ainur's Avatar
    I can't stand the Kent men and Gabe should be ashamed of himself. Loved C/L. Great job!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information