+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Home - NC-17

Members
    This is a really great story, from the excellent beginning that showed so much promise to the funny chat between cousins. I can't wait to see where the next segment goes. Maybe a little Lex thinking. A little Ben and Lex interaction. This is amazing. Thank you for writing such a great story.

Luthor's Power Senior Member Sab_Luthor's Avatar
    it's a very interesting story i loved it so far
    sooo lex is the father huh
    more soon please

NS Junior Member
    Great story!! So Chloe knows about Clark and she has Lex’s son. Could the plot twist any more? Got to love it. :chlexsign4:

~Michelle

NS Full Member
    A/N: I've puzzled over this story at length, desperately trying to take it from the fairly fluffy PWP it was supposed to be to either an in-depth, emotional tale or a solid sex comedy.

Not gonna happen. If it totally starts to blow, let me know and I'll do what I can. Thanks for all of the encouragement!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lex glanced at his watch: 10:56 a.m. He tapped his pen on his desk as he carefully studied his schedule for the rest of the day. He had an appointment at 11:00 that he intended to cut off by 11:45 at the latest, at which time he would call the Smallville Ledger and inform them that he remembered Chloe’s considerable journalistic talents from when she was in high school, and that he wanted her to be his personal liaison between LexCorp’s new home offices and the local paper. He would further demand her time for most of the rest of the afternoon for interviews with himself and the human resource department on the company’s plans for hiring locally over the next six months. Once Chloe arrived, he would hand her the written releases he’d had drawn up, make sure she stowed them carefully in her bag, and spend the next several hours breaking in his new desk, couch, windowsill, private conference table, and any other bit of his office suite that they found sturdy and useful.

It had only been six days since he’d seen her in the garden. Already, he couldn’t imagine how he’d gone eight years. Motherhood had been kind to her already ample curves, and the young face that had been so naughtily irresistible before had matured into a very sexy woman. And best of all, she hadn’t been with anyone in some time, if her tight--

The intercom buzzed and his secretary announced the arrival of his 11:00. Lex adjusted himself quickly and stood to greet his guest. Brad Caruthers co-owned a small chemical supply company that LexCorp frequently did business with. While the young man was really a nobody in the grand scheme of things, it still wouldn’t be appropriate to greet him with a the beginnings of an overanxious hard-on, especially in light of recent tragic events.

“Brad, good to see you. I was so sorry to hear about your wife and son.”

“Thank you, Lex. I appreciated the donation you made in their honor.” He fumbled with his tie for a moment before rushing on. “I won’t beat around the bush, I know you’re a busy man. They’re actually why I’m here.”

Lex gestured for the other man to sit while he did the same.

“What can I do for you?”

“I don’t know if you are aware of the events surrounding the death of my family.”

“Only what I saw in the paper. It was very foggy, the truck jack-knifed out of nowhere.”

“Right. Only it wasn’t out of nowhere. Long story short, my partner has been trying to bully me into selling my half of the business to him for some time now. Over the past couple of months, it’s gotten pretty ugly. I’m sure he was behind their deaths.”

“I see.” Lex contemplated the situation for a moment before replying. He hated this kind of stuff. It reminded him of something Lionel would do. “And where do I fit in to all of this?”

“I know you know people. I just need a phone number.”

The response was expected, but Lex needed a little more before he would take the bait.

“For what, exactly?”

Caruthers looked down, presumably gathering his courage. He was visibly shaking, and Lex had a sudden pang of sympathy for him. He had just lost his family. He was about to take pity on him and prompt an answer when the other man looked up at him, his eyes red with his barely concealed anguish.

“I want him to go through what I’ve gone through. I want his wife and daughter.”

That was not expected... or acceptable.

“Let me get this straight. You want me to put you in contact with someone who can kill an innocent woman and her child as revenge for the death of your family?”

“They are no more innocent than Sherri or Jordan were! I want him to know what he’s done!” Caruthers had lost all pretense of control at this point, and seemed to be on the verge of hysteria. Lex was suddenly overwhelmed by the situation, and quickly scrawled a number from his rolodex onto a scrap of paper.

“I won’t help you kill innocent people. But if you want to take care of your partner, call this man.” He thrust the note at his associate. “Please don’t contact me about this matter again.” Mumbling his thanks, Caruthers hurried from the room.

Lex flopped backwards in his chair and sighed as the momentum carried him towards the wall. Briefly, he closed his eyes and tried to get back the feelings he’d had before his appointment.

But he’d suddenly remembered exactly how it had been so easy to let Chloe Sullivan’s soft, sweet body go for eight whole years, and why he’d moved onto the vapid brunettes he’d chosen for wives three, four, and five. If Caruthers had the nerve to ask, the man whose phone number he had been given would kill whomever he wished, regardless of what Lex had told him. He’d kill Lex himself if offered enough. Hit men were not generally concerned with the guilt or innocence of their victims, only the price on their heads. In corporate war games, to be close to a big player made you a target – a fact Lex knew only too well, as marriage number four had not ended in divorce.

So Lex didn’t stay close to people he truly cared about. And, above all else, Chloe was his friend. Her safety, and that of her son, came above the base needs of his thoughtless dick.

Looking back at his schedule, he penciled in a surprise plant inspection for 1:00. On his way out the door for lunch, he tossed the releases in the recycle bin and asked his secretary to set up an interview between the head of HR and the Ledger.

Some people were just worth too much to risk.

Chloe was getting into her car to go to lunch when her cell phone rang. She snatched it out of her purse anxiously and scanned the caller ID. Cursing herself for getting overexcited about nothing yet again, she answered.

“Hi Lana.”

“Hey! I know you’re about to go to lunch, so I won’t keep you. I just wanted to see if you and Ben were free for dinner on Friday night.”

“Oh God, don’t tell me I’m confused about Pete’s birthdate again.”

Lana laughed.

“No, you have three more weeks to remember to shop. I just wanted to have Lex over to welcome him back to Smallville, and I thought it would be nice if there was more than one friendly face.”

“Right, and that one face sure as hell won’t be Pete’s.”

“He’s promised to be civil! I told him it would be good for his plans to become sheriff if he learned to get along with people he doesn’t like.”

“Uh-hunh. Or in the case of Lex, people on which he’d like to inflict some police brutality.”

“Exactly! So can you come?”

Chloe stared out the windshield of her car, torn. On the one hand, Ben loved to play at the Ross farm, complete with its three dogs that adored him. On the other hand, Lex hadn’t called in six days. He was probably totally regretting their little tête-à-tête in the garden, and it would be completely humiliating to have to face him over dinner.

“Hello? Chloe? Are you there?”

Then again, she could always just be rude to him. Maybe Ben could even spill something on him.

“Sure, we’ll be there. Want me to bring anything?”

If nothing else, Pete would enjoy it.

(TBC)

ChLex Schadenfreude Senior Member crankychick's Avatar
    But he’d suddenly remembered exactly how it had been so easy to let Chloe Sullivan’s soft, sweet body go for eight whole years, and why he’d moved onto the vapid brunettes he’d chosen for wives three, four, and five. If Caruthers had the nerve to ask, the man whose phone number he had been given would kill whomever he wished, regardless of what Lex had told him. He’d kill Lex himself if offered enough. Hit men were not generally concerned with the guilt or innocence of their victims, only the price on their heads. In corporate war games, to be close to a big player made you a target – a fact Lex knew only too well, as marriage number four had not ended in divorce.
    :badboy:Lex, mon ami, what did you do or what was done to you? I felt awful for Caruthers, but that feeling was displaced quickly by the curiosity I have for Lex's briefly mentioned wives, in particular no. 4. How much has he been scarred by the sudden loss and how will those ghosts affect his blossoming relationship with Chloe?

Great job and a welcome update! :biggrin: Cannot wait to read more and I think you're doing a great job.

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar
    :yay: Update!!! Ah Lex there you go again being all noble, don't you see you're standing between Chlexers and :smut: ? You could end up geting hurt!!! :biggrin:

It's nice to see how much he obviously care's for Chloe since he's unwilling to put her in danger. I felt bad Caruthers and how he lost his family and even though I think his plans for revenge are wrong I can get why he wants to make his partner suffer. Can't wait for Lana's dinner party and Chlexy tension.
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by AlabamaWorley@Jan 25 2005, 10:33 PM
    Some people were just worth too much to risk.
    I'm happy that Lex cares so much for Chloe.

Can't wait for the dinner, wonderful update!!! :yay: :worship2: :yay:

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Oh this will be a fun and I feel naughty dinner. Great update by the way and shame on Lex for waiting so long to call her.

Hope :chlexsign4:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

I am soooo not an addict tiger04's Avatar
    That was great update. I can't wait for the friday dinner. When they are all in the same room.

Please update soon

AT

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    I have the feeling that Lex is going to regret not getting back in touch with Chloe, no matter how noble his reasons might be!! Thank you so much for the update!! I can't wait for your next chapter when Chloe and Lex meet again!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information