+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Home - NC-17

Re: Home - NC-17

reallllly enjoyed it--

so great fic! great job ! i liked it so much !!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs Dean Winchester Senior Member pipersmum's Avatar

was hoping for a happy ending but i will just have to imagine it! But if she did have his baby he would have known about it and i don't think he would have been able to keep away. But thats just my opinion, how evil to promise her it would be alright to sleep with him without the condom knowing what he had planned. So it was probably best i didn't get a happy ending!

I'm late getting in on the love-fest, but I had to drop you a note letting you know how much I loved this story. Ending and all. I have a fertile imagination and a love for happy endings, so...

Although, I really do love that you left it like that. Sometimes happy endings just don't work. It's best left to the reader's imagination to how it truly ends. I love that.

NS Full Member

You know, this is so weird because I was expecting a happy ending, but I didn't realise that I'd have to change my whole opinion of what a happy ending actually is. Lex was selfish in doing this to Chloe, and it just bothers me that he would think she would wait for him for two years while he's living the life he promised to live with her, but with another woman. Chloe is my example of woman, she made some mistakes but that doesn't make her stupid, it makes her much more of a woman, because she was able to overcome all the shit that life - or Lex - put in her way. Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe some of us don't really need to, in the end, get the fantasized love story that romance novels and films sell us....a child is as much love as a lover, a son means unconditional love. I'm sorry, I'm rambling, it's just this story really got to me. I loved it, and I hated it, and I hope you don't judge me for that. It's just that I'm so into the notion of love that everyone is always talking about.......I honestly don't know if I could ever be as strong as Chloe was. I do wish I could be, though. I am still, in the core of my heart, a very dreaming girl. thanks for probably the most important message you could ever pass. And since this is autobiographical, I'm honestly proud of you, you truly must be an amazing woman.

Aaargghh! Although I was happy to read that my suspicion about the engagement ring was correct I just want to scream at Lex for being a selfish, cowardly bastard!
    My little shipper heart is pouting at the ending but you were completely right to leave it at a more realistic ending. Right now, I'm not even sure I would want Chloe to forgive Lex. (oh, but being the true Chlexer that I am I'm sure I will be imagining a happy ending in a few minutes)
    Loved Ben and the Lois and Chloe conversations were hilarious!

Lex's Devoted Love Slave darkangel's Avatar

Re: Home - NC-17 - updated 6.20.05

Even though it was not the happy ending that I wanted I still am pleased how it ended. It is more real this way. Fairytales do not exist, well atleast not for most.

NS Full Member

Loved this fiction.
    The ending was very brave but also totally right. Your Chloe, in opening the box (and thinking about selling the diamonds) has shown that she is moving on, Lex never will. At least she will know that it not her fault and that she didn't misjudge the love just that your Lex can't love the same way that everyone else can. I didn't hate him, you wrote him so well, he was almost a real person with the good and bad. I just really pitied him.
    The way that you showed his love, possessive and compentmarizatied (hope that is spelt right . . or that everyone gets what I mean?? ) makes the their last scene so much more powerful. It is almost as if he wants her to become pregnant (By the way, I loved the fact that Lex asked Chloe if she was carrying his child at the start of the fic as opposed to being pregnant / knocked up)
    Loved your Chloe, everything about her. .. all the emotions that she goes through, the growth and depth that she shows.
    Lex being floored by the dogs, curling up with Chloe and Ben in the bed after Lionel's kidnapping attempt, Lois' telephone conversations and Chloe with Clark at the end are other excellent / strong moments. And the smut .. . Man the smut was good!!!!
    Your writing was beautiful.

Members

Loved this story! Even with the not-happy ending. I like that you showed Lex as human and unable to move past his weaknesses to become the better man. It's not my favorite romantic ending, but it's certainly a more realistic one, knowing what we know of his character. It's exceptionally hard to walk away from someone you love because of their inability to rise above their own desires and weaknesses--even when they walk away first. I think that the Chloe you've created will be strong enough to move on and find her happiness elsewhere, and I'd love to read that story too.

Members

Re: Home - NC-17 - updated 6.19.05

i absolutely loved this whole story, there's something so melancholic yet at the same time it's filled with so much hope and happiness.
    great work

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information