+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Home - NC-17

Sugar&Spice of the gutter Senior Member Queen Of Tact's Avatar

Re: Home - NC-17 - updated 3.23.05

Oh that was a great update!!!! I'm so glad Ben and Chloe are ok... Great job I can't wait to read more... I have a feeling Lex is going to want some blood after this.....

CC
    "I am scared that I'm always going to be somebody's friend or sister or confidant, but never quite somebody's everything."

I'm so glad you updated!!! I was missing this story but you came back with a lot of action, now hopefully everyone's ok and they can go after Lionel..if he's the one who did it...I'm just assuming I can't wait for more!!

Steph*

Smile Re: Home - NC-17 - updated 3.23.05

Great you finally updated! Loved the action and that chloe decided to go to Lex at the end of the chapter. Hope for more of this wonderful ficlet!

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar

ooohhhh its getting exciting now!!!! Who tried to grab Chloe, Ben and Martha???? So glad she went to Lex for help and that she trusts him so much. Can't wait for more.
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

Oooh! The action here just shot through the roof. Exciting and intriguing, and I can't wait to see how it unfolds.

I'm loving Lex in this story. I just adored how he was nagging for Ben's father's name and how anxious he was to find out whether she was pregnant, and this just made me mushy:

The next morning when Chloe got to her desk, the first thing she noticed was a pink message slip on top of her keyboard. To the casual observer, the concise message from an apparently anonymous caller would have seemed an even mix between cryptic and uninteresting. To Chloe, it was a morning greeting that could be topped only by her son's warm, snuggly hugs:

home safe…
    Such a little gesture that speaks so loudly . . .

And the final bit in this chapter was moving and rich with emotional resonance:

Something in her sensed safe haven, and the last of her control snapped. Great sobs wracked her shoulders, and Ben patted at her face with his tiny hands, suddenly afraid again.

"They tried to take my baby," she choked out. Then Lex's arms were around her, her son tucked safely between them.
    Wonderful stuff. Now I wonder, if I ask for smut, whether they'll be another sexy flashback in the next chapter.

Norah
    Just a Guest!

I love this story more and more. It's exciting and sweet. The emotions are very realistic. I'm glad you updated again and can't wait for more. Lex was so cute on the telephone.

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

Re: Home - NC-17

Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaWorley

"Here I thought you were all alone in the world," Chloe managed around the lump in her throat.

"Oh, no. I have the Dunlevy family every six weeks. If I can manage a cup of coffee with the Sullivans on the opposite six, I should be able to manage genuine human contact at least every three weeks." His voice was dry; Chloe wondered if it was the late hour that allowed him to permit the hint of self-pity to his tone. Her silence must have been telling. "That was a joke."

"I know. But it still blows." They sat quietly, listening to each other breath. After a few long moments, she heard him yawn.

"Ben, Clark! You have to go get Ben! They're taking him!" Her voice, edged with hysteria, was nearly incomprehensible, but she could tell by the look on his face that he'd understood.

"He still goes to the YMCA daycare?"

She nodded, and he was gone. She stared at the unconscious men on the ground for what seemed like an eternity before he returned, clutching Ben tightly against his chest. The little boy was ecstatic.

"Mommy! Some bad men stole me from daycare, and I was really scared, and I cried and you didn't come, and then Superman came and he beat them up and brought me here and we flew!"

Sobbing, Chloe took her son from her friend and hugged him tightly before looking him over carefully. There was a tear in his shirt and a scratch on his face, but other than that he was unharmed. She squeezed him again.

"Oh, sweetie, I was so scared. I'm so glad you're safe!" She released him with one arm to reach for Clark's hand. He knelt next to them and pulled them both into a hug, and she took strange comfort in the sound of his heart beating nearly as wildly as her own.

By the time she reached the study, Lex was already on his feet and rounding the desk. He took in her bloody hair, her tear-stained face, and Ben's ripped shirt.

"Chloe?"

Something in her sensed safe haven, and the last of her control snapped. Great sobs wracked her shoulders, and Ben patted at her face with his tiny hands, suddenly afraid again.

"They tried to take my baby," she choked out. Then Lex's arms were around her, her son tucked safely between them.

I have never been so relieved in my entire fic-reading life to get to the part where Superman delivers Ben to Chloe. Maybe it's just because there's a new baby in the family, but I was sweating and making death threats in my head and jittering all over the place. And I love that with a few paragraphs you make Clark the hero he should be instead of the asshat SV makes him.

And Lex the concerned uncle . . . *heart stops, thuds and starts again* I'm not rushing Chloe or anything, but if there was ever a man who could be a devoted husband and father she's hugging him at the end of this chapter. *smooshes Chloe to Lex and runs to get a cleric*

*one hug for your imagination, one for your glorious momminess, and one more for posting an update*
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

Re: Home - NC-17

Yes, it's me again.

Quote Originally Posted by nonky
    And Lex the concerned uncle . . . *heart stops, thuds and starts again* I'm not rushing Chloe or anything, but if there was ever a man who could be a devoted husband and father she's hugging him at the end of this chapter. *smooshes Chloe to Lex and runs to get a cleric*
    I've never been particularly maternal--seldom get mushy over kids or feel a compulsion to have Chloe and Lex start producing offspring--but, you know, as nonky so brilliantly expressed, there's something about this fic that produces those feelings. It's quite unusual for me and thus a little unsettling, but still . . . I'm awed at how you've managed to convey those emotions without descending into hokey cliches.

And I have to give kudos to nonky for the phrase "glorious momminess"

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Oh my God who were those men? Are they after Chloe and her son because of Lex? I am so glad she was saved and Clark saved her son. But i am worried this will let Lex push her away. More please...

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

I don't think I've ever been relieved to see Clark, but you've done it. When Chloe started screaming, my first thought was "She's in the middle of no where. What good will that do?" Thank God for her quick thinking. I loved that Lana came to the rescue before Clark.
    I am glad Chloe finally got them some place safe, Lex's arms.
    Can't wait to see Lex on the warpath.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information