+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Measures-NC17

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar
    Very interesting developments.

Originally posted by lexchloe@Jan 9 2005, 02:17 PM
    Ok am I the only one who wants to :hammer: Lex? Hellloooo you're meant to be helping her not getting a lap dance. no wonder she won't let him help her.
    Like lexchloe, I wanted to slam Lex into the wall for objectifying Chloe in that "naked" attempt to control her and make her vulnerable before he started questioning her. Asshole.

More soon please.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Both of them need to be slapped and Lionel needs to die. :tease:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Dammit Lex, stop acting like an ass! :hammer: She needs your help! So help her!

Bruce's Favorite Stalker
    Amazing chapter. I'm loving this story.

Lex needs to get his head out of his ass, Chloe needs to let him help her, and Lionel... well, as much as I love to hate him too... he needs to be dead or behind bars. He's awful and you portray him perfectly.

Anxiously awaiting the next update.
    "I think the whole glory of writing lies in the fact that it forces us out of ourselves and into the lives of others."
    ~ Anderson Sherwood

A/N: For those who hate the Bastard, you'll hate him even more after this chapter. Warning: the next chapter will contain scenes of sexual violence. I'll make the chapter short in case you want to skip it.

Lionel Luthor sat in his office. It wasn’t the same one he’d occupied before prison; his son held that room now. He looked at the file in front of him and studied it with interest. There were photographs of Chloe in it dating from the beginning of her High School career. The most recent ones revealed the strain that her life had brought her. She was still pretty, just not the vibrant girl that she used to be. He’d admired her spirit. She used to shine like the sun, especially when she was angry.

The file included a list of all the jobs she’d applied for in the past few months. And copies of each and every rejection letter they’d sent. Because of him. He smiled. It was good to feel powerful again. Besides his son, there were few people who had ever made him feel less than immortal, but she’d done it. More than once, the girl with no wealth, no power, and only small town connections had gotten the better of him. For that, she had to pay. And she would. He smiled as he remembered the coppery flavor of her blood in his mouth. Both times he’d tasted it.

Michael Braun worked as a lower level enforcer for one of Edge City’s up and coming crime lords. After Morgan Edge’s murder, there were many jockeying for position. His own boss, Jack Ciraco , wasn’t one of the top contenders. It made Braun eager to provide him with an opportunity. Despite Lex Luthor’s request that they keep things quiet. He mentioned their meeting to Jack. The man was interested to know why a billionaire suddenly showed interest in a loser like Benny “the tool” O’Toole. The kid wasn’t going places, and he didn’t have the protection of any one family or boss. He flitted around as a kind of odd jobs man, but he was inexpensive and would do pretty much anything he was paid to do. Benny just became a little more interesting to Ciraco.

The phone rang on Lex Luthor’s desk on Monday morning. It had been several days since he’d seen Chloe, but from what his sources told him, she went right back to the Silver Spoon. He’d made it a point to tell Mitch that he’d been pleased with ‘Dani’s’ work and that he’d be asking for her again soon.

“Luthor,” he said, answering the phone.

“It’s Braun.”

“Where are you?”

“Outside the club.”

“Okay, give me the number of the phone where you are and I’ll call you back in ten minutes.”

Lex understood the need for privacy when working in organized crime. He walked out of his office and down to the street to a payphone. He dialed the number that Braun had given him and waited till the man picked up.

“You wanted to know about Benny, right?”

“Yeah.”

“Well, I’ve had my ear to the ground and he’s not real easy to get information out of, but I think he’s been hired for a hit on a heavy player.”

“You mean one of your guys?”

“No, that’s just it. He’s been hired for someone corporate.”

Lex cursed and hung up. He’d heard that there might be a contract put out on him, but now he was fairly certain. His own seedy contacts had led him to Benny with the news that his name had been mentioned in conjunction with the transfer of a large sum of money. All he needed to know now, was the identity of the person doing the hiring. He needed to speak to Chloe again.

“No way.” Chloe’s answer was firm, and he guessed she’d been about to hang up on him.

“I’ll pay you for your time, and you can keep your clothes on.” He hated himself for sounding less than controlled, but he needed her; as usual.

“How much, and when?”

“Now, my penthouse, and a thousand dollars.”

“Just for talking?”

“Well, if you want to take off your clothes, I certainly won’t stop you, but I just want information.”

“What if I can’t give you what you’re looking for.”

“As long as you’re honest, I think you’ll have what I need.”

“Lex,” her voice sounded tired. “You can’t protect me, you can’t stop your father from thinking about me, but still you ask me to help you.” She sighed, and he could picture her rubbing her forehead. “I’m really sick of these little games you two play. Especially when neither of you will actually end up dead.”

“Do you really want me dead?”

“Do you think I want you alive?” Her voice had become even more harsh than usual. “I’ll be over shortly.”

Lex greeted Chloe at the door personally. She walked in and sat down on his couch.

“Thanks for coming.”

“You’re the one paying me to do it.”

“Chloe, you didn’t used to be so cold.”

“Lex, you have absolutely no idea about who I am today. You washed your hands of me after the trial. I ended up with nothing because you couldn’t manage to keep your father in jail. You were over your head and you used me in yet another step in your little chess game.” She threw her hands up in disgust. “You had to know that your father wouldn’t stay in prison for long, but you let me make myself a target anyway and you didn’t even try to protect me.”

“Chloe I didn’t know.” This was the wrong thing to say. She exploded off the couch and practically tackled him.

“You had resources!” She was shouting in his face, her hands gripped in his shirt. “You had billions of dollars, countless employees at your disposal, you were friends with politicians and influential people.” Tears were pouring down her cheeks as she spoke. “I was a Junior in high school when you showed me a murdered man’s body. You warned me that it would happen to me if I didn’t trust you to protect me. I did, I gave you almost everything I had and your father fried your brain.” She shook him. “You couldn’t protect yourself and you left me even more vulnerable than before because your father knew I was onto him, but I didn’t have proof anymore.”

“You got proof, Chloe, and you put him behind bars.” Lex put his hands around her automatically, trying to soothe her.

“And he came out after a few months, bigger, meaner, and angrier. But he couldn’t get to you so he came for me instead.” Her voice broke and her knees sagged. Lex caught her and lifted her slight form in his arms. She was still clutching at his shirt, now with her face buried in his chest. He carried her to the bedroom and shut the door behind them. He set her down gently and eased her grip off his clothes.

Chloe stayed curled in a ball on her side. She wrapped her arms around her torso, squeezing herself so tightly that her knuckles were white. "I haven't had enough time to grieve my father, and he still won't leave me alone."

“Tell me what happened.” He scooted next to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. “Chloe, I can’t help you if you don’t tell me.”

“There’s nothing you can do about it now,” she said, bitterly.

“I can listen,” he said. “I need to understand why you’re a target. And why you’re still alive if he hates you so much.” When she let out another sob, he pulled her into his lap. Not used to being a nurturer, he stroked her back awkwardly. “I didn’t mean to sound so harsh, but I didn’t think he’d gone after you since he’d been out of prison.” He pressed his lips against her fragrant hair. “You’re not alone, Chloe.” He pulled his handkerchief out of his pocket and handed it to her. She wiped her eyes and face with it, sniffling loudly. “I know what it’s like to feel like you have no allies,” he prodded. “I’ve been fighting him longer than you have, and I didn’t trust anyone till I came to Smallville and some goofy farm boy pulled me out of a river.

“Stupid-fucking-Samaritan.”

“Didn’t he save you from being buried alive?”

“Didn’t he save you from the invisible man?”

“Didn’t he fight off two of your ex-boyfriends who were going all homicidal on you?”

“Three if you count Sean Kelvin, but I wasn’t serious about him.” She chuckled. “Didn’t he save you from your wife?”

“Okay, but I think Lana has us both beat.” Lex was smiling at her now. She smiled back.

“Yeah, she can rack up the stalkers better than anyone. Guys and girls.” Lex caught her chin in his fingers.

“Why is my father angry?”

“You mean, why am I still breathing? Cause if it was just the prison thing, I’d be dead already.”

“I didn’t want to be that blunt.”

“He might not actually want me dead, Lex. But I know he wants me to remain in a constant state of paranoia and panic. I think he wants to drive me insane with fear.”

“What are you talking about?”

Chloe took a deep breath to calm herself and her voice.

“You were out of town, and your father was staying at the mansion just after he’d gotten out of prison.” Lex nodded and she continued. “All summer at the safe house, I had nothing but time on my hands so I went looking for everything, anything I could find on him.” Lex refrained from asking what she’d found and just let her talk.

Three months earlier:

“I was in the middle of a movie, Mr. Luthor,” Chloe snapped, tapping her foot impatiently on the wet tile floor of the pool room. Lionel’s bodyguard, and apparently his gofer, stood directly behind her. The man had entered the theater where she’d been watching a movie and practically dragged her to his car with just the briefest comment.

“Mr. Luthor wants to see you.”

So Chloe was led through the mansion to the private swimming pool where Lionel had been taking an evening dip. She tossed her coat over the back of a chair and sat down while the older man finished a few more laps. She glanced at her watch.

“I don’t have time for this,” she said, getting up and turning to go to the door. The brick wall of a man stood in her way. “Free country, get out of my way.” He didn’t move so she shrugged and reached into her purse. “Fine, you don’t want to get out of my way, then I’ll just have to walk over you.”

“Ms. Sullivan.” Lionel had decided to stop ignoring her. He was climbing up the ladder on the side of the pool. He wore regular swim trunks, for which Chloe was grateful. Not that he was unattractive, but anyone besides Olympic competitors looked odd in speedos. “I’ll be right with you.”

“You’ve interrupted my evening, Mr. Luthor, it had better be very important.” She knew she sounded waspish, but she refused to be intimidated by the man. He stepped behind a changing screen and emerged in a bathrobe moments later. She shuddered to think that he might be naked underneath.

“You may leave us, Charles.” The gorilla left, not sparing her a glance before walking out. “I’m pleased that you’re here.”

“You say that like I have a choice.”

“You could’ve made a scene, I assure you that Charles wouldn’t have dragged you out of your seat and away from that hideous display of recycled drama with gratuitous sex and violence that you were watching.”

“What do you want?” She folded her arms across her chest. He always made her nervous, but tonight was the first time she’d been alone with him since he’d gotten out of prison.

“For us to be friends, Chloe.” Lionel stalked toward her, smiling and holding out his hands as if to embrace her.

“I think that the loss of blood from your schivving in prison might have addled your brains.” She backed away until one of the chairs was between them. “You’ve tried to kill me twice, and you’ve done countless other things to try and make me miserable.”

“All of those things have proven to be counter-productive to winning your loyalty.”

“Loyalty is inspired, Mr. Luthor, not won.” She felt a little of her confidence returning. She could hold her own with any asshole when it came to a war of words. It was just a matter of time before he told her what he really wanted. “And you can block my dad all you want from getting a job, but the harder you push, the more likely I am to push back."

"You think that when push comes to shove that you can hold your footing with me?" He was amused. "That's one of those things that I admire so much about you, Ms. Sullivan." He got an odd look in his eye and reached up to brush the back of his knuckles over her cheek and rested them on her bottom lip. "One of many things." To her credit, Chloe managed not to recoil.

"Now that you don't have to worry about being somebody's sugar," she said with a glint of malice in her eye, "you've become way overconfident and overstepped your boundaries." She brushed his hand away.

"That icy disdain, Ms. Sullivan." He placed his hand over his heart. "Come now, no reason to recoil like the coy little maid." When she gave him a quick look, he laughed loud. "Oh, that's too rich. You mean to tell me that neither your friend, the strapping Clark Kent, nor any other fumbling cretin from your highschool has managed to...penetrate your icy demeanor and find the blazing, passionate woman beneath?" He was making fun of her. "How intriguing." He'd started to do that circling thing he liked so much. She stood her ground, despite her dislike of him being out of her line of sight. "How very, very intriguing." She felt his long fingers brush the back of her neck and spun around. She pasted on her best smirk.

"Don't tell me that you're another one of those older men who thinks that he's going to conquest the shrew and unlock the inner Bonobo beneath the mask of indifference that the woman shows." His eyebrows went up. "I assure you Mr. Luthor," she said, sweeping his robe-clad body with scorn, "it won't be you." Then her grin widened as a bubbly feeling came up with her victory. "It would never be you." He frowned at her. "So just tell me why you asked me to come here tonight."

"I was going to present you with a gift." His words surprised her. "You have been a surprising adversary. one worthy of appreciation." He walked past her and to a linen cabinet. He removed a large, velvet box. Chloe had been preparing for him to pull a gun on her. She'd even unzipped her purse and slipped her hand inside. Her curiosity was piqued, but she remained wary. He smiled at her and walked back toward her. She forced herself not to flinch when he opened the box. The contents surprised her.

Lying against pristine white satin was a string of large, black pearls and a set of matching earrings. Chloe narrowed her eyes and looked back up at Lionel.

"The jewelry is lovely, and I can't fault you your taste, but I don't think I can-" She stopped and looked closer at them. "Where have I seen these before?"

"Excellent eye, Chloe. They were a gift from your father to your mother to wear at their wedding." Chloe felt the blood drain from her face. "She gave them to me on my last visit to her. She enjoys company so much. She tried to give her engagement ring to one of the nurses, but I forbid the staff from accepting anything from her."

"You've been to see her?"

"Several times, I even met her before her unfortunate... breakdown and institutionalization." He smiled at the paleness of Chloe's cheeks. "Lovely woman, I think she'd have wanted you to have these, even if she didn't talk about you much, before or after."

"You put her in there."

"Why would I do that?"

"I'll get her out."

"Then what?" He looked sympathetic. "She didn't ask about you, not even when I said I knew you." His words twisted painfully, but she fought them back.

"I stopped worrying about the people who can't be bothered with me a long time ago," she said. "But that doesn't mean I'll allow her to stay there."

"You're welcome to try and find her if you can." He smiled at her and handed her the box. She took it with shaking fingers, then looked him straight in the eye.

"Why do you bother smiling at me?" She straightened her shoulders and tucked the box into her purse. "You make your little attempts at charm and you use your fancy manners and smooth vocabulary around me, but we both know what you really want to do it chew me up and spit me out." Her voice remained low. "So why the charade?"

Lionel clucked his tongue at her and shook his head. "You've got me all wrong, Chloe." He moved forward and his hand snaked out and siezed her jaw in a painful grip. "I don't want to chew you up and spit you out." He stroked his other hand over her forehead and cheek. "I want to swallow you whole."

A/N 2: Bonobos are a race of miniature chimpanzees who live in the congo and are world reknown for their sexual activities. Their whole society revolves around uninhibited sex in all concievable combinations. I kid you not. Chloe would know this.

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!
    :tease:
    Oh, I do hate that dirty old man, and never for a second did I believe he was reformed by his time in prison or in Clark's body (EW, I'm sorry, but there's no non icky way to say it).

But why did Lex just assume Chloe was safe? He must have had a reason if he let her disappear after graduation. He might have been busy defending himself but he wouldn't just forget she exists.

Great chapter and an exciting twist, though I'm worried about Chloe.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :biggrin: great chappy!! loved the bonobo referance, they are damn freaky monkeys!!

and lionel is EWWWWWWW!!!

More soon! :

Bruce's Favorite Stalker
    Just when I though I could begin to feel sorry for the MB (from the show, not your story) you make me realize how much he deserves to be loathed. Great update, this is such a fantastic beginning.
    "I think the whole glory of writing lies in the fact that it forces us out of ourselves and into the lives of others."
    ~ Anderson Sherwood

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    I really hate Lionel in this story!! I wish that Lex had been able to protect her from Lionel!! He had better make it up to her now!! Thanks for the update!! :yay2: :chlexsign4: :yay2:

Procrastinator :)
    And here i was thinking that Lionel could sink no lower.

Great update!!!

More please... :chlexsign1:

:chlexsign4:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information