+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Measures-NC17

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    That was fun but Lionel needs to die. :tease:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

A/N: This fic is plot-driven with smut coming later. There will also be disturbing scenes later that will have warnings before the chapters. This is not a fluffly fic.

"You're going to pay for that door." Chloe grabbed a handful of paper towels and began mopping up the beer and broken glass on the kitchen floor. She saw Lionel's expensive shoes appear in front of her. A tiny sliver of glass slid under the skin of her index finger and she winced. Holding that finger away from the others, she dumped the beer and glass into the garbage. She turned away from Lionel and tried to pick the glass out of her finger in the poorly lit kitchen.

"You've injured yourself." Lionel's voice dripped with concern. He put a manacled grip on her wrist and brought her hand over to his face. She gritted her teeth but didn't make a sound at the pain from the way he bent her hand. He squeezed the tip of her finger until a tiny drop of blood appeared. "See, in order to find the problem, you have to let it bleed a little," he said with a smile. Locating the source of the glass, he plucked it out with his perfectly manicured nails and the blood oozed into a large bead on the tip of her finger. "See, all better now." He kissed the tip of her finger, casually. Chloe was more than a little squicked when he licked her blood from his lip.

"Why are you here?'' Chloe jerked her hand out of his grip. "What do you want?"

"I just wanted to inquire about your well-being." He practically cooed at her. "I know how hard it is for a child to lose a parent, so I wanted to give my condolences on your loss." Chloe's blood ran cold. Her father had died in a car accident shortly after graduation, leaving her little money after their debt was taken care of. She'd had more than suspicions about the nature of the crash, but Lionel’s presence made her feel ill.

"I'm getting along just fine."

"So I hear. How do you like working in Edge City?" Lex must have told him as soon as he'd left.

"Did you just drop everything to come and ask me that?" Chloe found her spine buried in her anger. "Really Mr. Luthor, I didn't know you spent so much time thinking about me." She took another beer out of the fridge and twisted off the top. Keeping her hand steady, she offered it to him, he declined so she took a swig of the cheap brew.

"I make it a point not to lose touch with acquaintances just because their...circumstances have changed." He looked around the apartment with distaste. It really was a hovel, but Chloe was saving her money for other things.

"Don't expect me to return the favor, I've moved on from Smallville and prefer not to dwell on old mistakes." Lionel smiled at her, then gently brushed his knuckles across her cheek before walking out the door.

As soon as the sound of Lionel's footsteps stopped echoing down the stairs, Chloe went to the door and shut it, leaning against it, willing herself not to cry. It didn't work. The tears poured out of her like a river, and she had to bite her fist in order to keep from sobbing aloud. Her stomach muscled clenched painfully as they contained her grief and fear. She wanted her father. She needed her Daddy. He was gone, and she was alone. Well, not completely. Chloe gulped back her tears and picked up the telephone, dialing her uncle's office number. She told him that she'd had a break-in and that her door was wrecked.

General Sam Lane was not the most sensitive man on the planet, but he loved his niece and wanted her safe. Within an hour, two young men in jeans and Metropolis University sweatshirts were standing in her doorway. Their crew cuts gave them away as her uncle's boys. They were polite and efficient but not exactly warm. Still, Chloe missed their presence when they left, having fixed her door and installed a new, stronger lock.

Chloe called Lois on her cell phone to check in and Lois informed her cousin that she was going to be out of town for a few more days. The gnawing feeling in her stomach grew tighter and Chloe had to choke back tears. The emptiness ate at her body, making her lose weight, hollowing out her eyes and cheeks, and stealing color from her face. After checking and re-checking the door, she crawled into bed and pulled the covers tight over her.

Chloe was too tired to stay up, no matter how scared or upset she was. It was one of the reasons she worked herself so hard. In sleep she could usually escape. Usually.

The voice whispered in her ear again, mocking, vicious. Hissing like a snake that was just waiting to strike. Chloe was blind in the dream, unable to see or speak. But she could hear and she could feel. Fingers on her skin, touches so light they felt like moth wings, then a grip so tight it pained. Filth, the feeling of it covering her body and her insides.

“Swallow you whole.” The voice always hissed the same thing. “I want to swallow you whole.” Sometimes it did. In her dreams, sometimes she was swallowed by blackness, depriving her senses of anything and she would wake in a cold sweat. Today it was worse. Today her father was there. Holding her and brushing away her tears.

“It’s okay, sweetheart. Daddy’s here.” She held him tightly, knowing he’d be leaving soon. “Daddy’s here.”

“Daddy.” Chloe woke at the sound of her own ragged voice. She was sweating and shaking. It was always worse when her father was there. He offered comfort in his arms. Safety, security. But that made it so much harder to wake up and remember. It was like losing him all over again. She pushed down the covers. It was still light out, and when she looked at her clock, she saw that only four hours had passed. She started crying again, just from the sheer misery of being unable to stay asleep, no matter how tired she was and no matter how hard she worked. She thought about taking a sleeping pill, but then she wouldn’t be able to get up for work.

Chloe cleaned up the kitchen instead. She mopped the floor and made sure to get any tiny glass shards that she’d missed earlier. After making a sandwich that she didn’t feel like eating, she turned on the television. Movies, news, movies, talk shows, daytime dramas. Nothing that interested her. When the phone rang, she picked it up and was surprised by the voice at the other end.

“Dani, it’s Mitch.” Mitch was the owner of the Edge City branch of the Silver Spoon. “I hope I didn’t wake you.” He probably didn’t care.

“I was just watching television.”

“Think you can come in early? I can let you go early for your day off tomorrow if you can.”

“Sure,” she said, automatically. “When do you need me?”

“ASAP,” he replied. “And it’s for a private party. I’m really short handed tonight. I don’t usually get groups in during the week.” She didn’t answer right away. “Don’t worry, you don’t have to wear the coconuts at this one.”

“Sure, I’ll be there as soon as the traffic gets me there.”

“Great.” Mitch hung up the phone and turned to his guest. “You’re sure you want Dani?” he asked the man in his office. “She doesn’t do any of the extras, she’s usually just a hostess.”

“I’m sure,” the man replied. “She’s exactly what I want.”

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    I have a feeling that this story is going to break my heart!! How I wish that Lex could at least keep Lionel away from Chloe if he's not going to help her get away from the club!! I'm really glad that you updated!! Post again soon please!! :chlexsign4:

NS Junior Member
    :biggrin: was getting ready to go to bed and decided to check for updates, and i got one :biggrin:

:worship2: this fic is fantastic :worship2:

i know i am going to sound greedy but...

:yay2: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE hurry and update again soon :yay2:

Procrastinator :)
    I have a feeling that this story is going to break my heart!!
    Me too. I thought Chloe was there because she was going undercover for a story! Poor Chloe! Not only did her father died but the MB is still harassing her!!! I hope Lex can make it all better! :blush:

I wonder which Luthor said that. Or is another interested in our Chloe?
    I can't wait to find out more.

Great story!!! :yay2: :yay2: :yay2:

:chlexsign4:

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar
    Gabe died????? why do people keep killing Gabe??? :cryblue: Great update, really felt bad for Chloe. Why isn't the MB dead? I don't like him tormenting Chloe.

Please, please, please let this be Lex. more soon please.
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gabe died????? why do people keep killing Gabe??? Great update, really felt bad for Chloe.
    yeah! what she said! stop killing gabe you people! :tease:

...does anyone else will look at coconuts differently from now on, or is it just me? :biggrin:

xoxoLaLa

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!
    hmy:

You know, you could bring Gabe back . . . It would be easy, he could just be a hostage for Lionel and Lex could find him. Please?

Sad, but great, and who am I judge for making horrible things happen to the Sullivans . . .
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar
    Fascinating set-up. Great updates.

More soon please.

I can't believe Gabe died. hmy: Poor Chloe. Your description of her feelings almost made me cry. :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen: Lionel is such a bastard, what can he possibly still want with her. Lex will help her though.....the private party's for him right? :yay: :yay2: :yay:

Wonderful update, I love this story! :worship2: :worship2:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information