+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gardenia (PG-13) (completed)

Re: Gardenia (PG-13) (completed)

Now the only thing that could have made this any better would be a couple of sex scenes thrown in for good measure. I loved it.

The methodical way Chloe goes about trying to find out who the guy was, the way Lex tried to throw her off balance by lying to her about being allergic to gardenias (which, might I say, didn’t throw me off at all…for once), and the competition that spurred Lex on to get his cute butt in gear. Now these are the elements of a really good story. And you blend them so well.

Who would have thought that Clark had it in him to lie to Lex like that (let alone the observational skills to notice the attraction Lex felt for Chloe). Very nice and worth a good laugh.

If I may say those poems you picked were perfect. I especially liked the one by Sappho.

And the talk that Lex had with Chloe about meteor mutants. Awww.

However the high point is definitely this right here:

“Having a hard time giving over the reins of power?” When she only blinked at him confusedly he continued. “The Torch?” he clarified. “I assumed you were sitting here so quietly because you were trying to calculate how long it would be until Clark called begging for the benefit of your vast experience. Honestly, I was a bit surprised when I heard you’d be letting him take charge today. You always struck me as a woman who likes to be in charge.” With that proclamation he smirked and slid a leisurely glance up and down her body, the one that always managed to turn even the most innocuous statement into one charged with sexual innuendo. Flustered, Chloe gave her best shot at answering his previous statement.

“Well, this is one time I’m more than willing to let Clark take control.” As soon as the words were out of her mouth she started blushing, and the single amused brow he raised did nothing to ease her embarrassment.

Her eyes narrowed. So he wanted to play that way, did he? Fine. She waited until he took a sip of his own coffee before she continued.

“After all,” she all but purred and let the flower slide suggestively down her chest, “sometimes the results are better when you relax and let someone else do all the work.”

Chloe smiled evilly as Lex choked on the drink he had just taken. He looked at her and was met by a replica of the smug smirk and raised eyebrow he had shown her before. When he was sure he could speak again, he took a deep breath, weighed his odds, and shot her a wary glance.

“Truce?”
    Oh it doesn't get much better than Lex/Chloe banter.

I truly loved this story. Thank you so much for writing it.

txalb

Chlexaholics Unite! Senior Member Ann's Avatar

I absolutely loved it! Especially the final confrontation at the Torch office. Very sweet and just what I needed tonight. I look forward to reading more of your work!

Awww. Very sweet. I'm sure that this is going to be one of those stories that I will be going back to again and again when I need something to smile about.

NS Full Member

wonderful, just wonderful
    i would never of thought of a plot line like this one but it works so magnificently well

Great fic !!
    Chloe is 1 lucky girl. Flowers , poetry and Lex !!!
    Loved it !!

Post Re: Gardenia (PG-13) (completed)

Very sweet fic. Had me guessing to the very end.

Fan Artist, Fanfic Lover Senior Member Esther25jm's Avatar

Aww, this was soo sweet. A needed change from the show. Great job.

Very sweet and beautiful ending. I loved this fic. Very romantic. {Smiles} I always love the whole secret admirer thing when it comes to these two.

Members

Great story! I loved how you got Clark to play matchmaker. That was cute! Anyway I loved this fic. Especailly the end. I totally wasn't expecting it to be Lex. I thought for sure it would be Conner. But I was glad it was LEX. Great work!

I love it ; it was very romantic.
    Thank you

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information