+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lesser of Two Evils - NC-17, Chapter 56 (May 27, 2016)

Re: The Lesser of Two Evils - NC-17, Chapter 42 (Feb. 18, 2012)

I am completely captivated and have never wanted so much for an update! I am in awe of yr talent and amazing ability to capture that raw emotion to make yr readers to feel as if they are there experiencing it up close and personal alongside with Chloe and Lex. I am eagerly awaiting an update and hope there is an ending to this masterpiece and not given up on. Thank you!

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

Re: The Lesser of Two Evils - NC-17, Chapter 43 (Apr. 15, 2012)

Chapter Forty-Three

If she didn't want to end up in a hospital ward, Chloe thought, she needed to pull herself together. She looked around at Lex's bedroom and spared him a moment of pity. When the detachment wore off, she was going to need some really good pills. He had to carry on with his family business, while Chloe could be blissfully useless for a while. The awful things inside her head would go with her, but they hadn't happened in her home.

She took a tissue with her uninjured hand, and brought it to her face. She kept crying in micro-bursts of trauma that didn't last long enough to fracture her calm. Bravery was beyond her, but something was holding her together and she wasn't going to question it.

Wiping her eyes emphasized their soreness, and she moved to blow her nose. Chloe inhaled and the warm scent of expensive liquor mixed with custom cologne made her heartbeat skitter. She threw the tissue down, but the smell of Lionel was on her hands.

Knowing he was dead didn't stop the pounding fear. She was off the bed before meaning to move, hobbling on a swollen ankle to lock the bedroom door noisily. Chloe leaned on it as Lex and Dr. Concord started knocking and calling. She couldn't let them in until she was clean.

Walking to the bathroom took ages, and she curled her hurt arm to her chest. Chloe leaned on walls and tried not to use her weak leg. The ankle felt paper thin and simultaneously grossly enlarged. She locked the bathroom door as well. Lex and Dr. Concord were rattling the bedroom door, trying to get to her.

She stripped as fast as she could, but it was hard even having her own fingers touch certain areas. Chloe ended up leaving her underwear on, and standing under steaming water with her eyes squeezed shut. She held on to one of the fancy towel bars, and gasped as the humidity made her nose run.

She needed soap and shampoo to really wash, but her vision failed her. She crumpled onto one of the benches and listened to the door splinter over Lex's yelling.

Chloe needed surgery. Lex Luthor sat in the small and bright waiting room as, down the hall, his partner against Lionel was prepared for an operation. He knew the colour scheme was supposed to be cheerful and family friendly. To his eyes it felt forcibly optimistic. He looked at the clock and sighed in exhaustion as his watch agreed it was just past seven. He didn't know if he'd make it to noon.

Dr. Concord had spent a moment explaining to him as if he were a worried spouse deserving of comfort. It was a 'minor procedure.' Chloe would be given local anesthetic by another doctor, and laid out on a table in a room used for the clinic's outpatient services. She wouldn't be in pain, and a sedative would calm her. Dr. Concord had assured him all the comfort Chloe could be afforded would be offered.

It might even have worked if he was a usual worried loved one, but the reality snaked poisonously through his thoughts. He and Chloe weren't friends. She likely wished she'd never met him. She needed to be sewn up inside, and her his father had raped her without protection. It went without saying that Dr. Concord would do everything she could to heal the physical damage. Lex didn't know what could help Chloe's state of mind.

She was checked out, as if she'd willed herself into a reality where she was visible but beyond reaching. He had ruined three chairs knocking down the bedroom and bathroom doors, every second of delay almost ensuring he would find Chloe gagging on pills or opening her veins. The relief of finding her almost naked in the shower was fleeting. Dr. Concord had helped Chloe shower and dress. The girl had followed silently as she was dressed and driven to the clinic. She had been nearly catatonic.

The doctor had been upset the DNA was washed off. Lex knew there was too much risk in documenting anything about the last day. Luthors collectively held retainers with every elite lawyer in the state, who would expertly defend Lex or Lionel from any charge. Seeing their machinations, more than any remorse over his DUI, had taught Lex he was much safer treating them as cautiously as men like Morgan Edge and Lionel.

He would have to convince Dr. Concord to honour his deal. She was a compassionate, upright woman, who would have trouble understanding the idea that Edge and his men didn't stop at locked doors or even state lines. If Edge thought Chloe would say anything to ever implicate him, he would kill her.

We'll have to stay in touch, he thought hysterically. I'll have to show Edge that I have enough contact with Chloe to protect her in case he decides to kill her anyway. This is never going to be over for her.

In his gut, he felt a little twist of obscene hope. Chloe would know more of him than this terrible period of her life. She would have the chance to perhaps forgive his failure. She had believed in him, erroneously, but he had never stopped trying to find her. He could do much worse than grim tolerance from a woman like her.

Lex ground his teeth and stared at the exit. He wanted to be anywhere else, but he was more than a little obsessed with Chloe Sullivan. He could see why Lionel had wanted to keep her for himself.

So I am ultimately like him, Lex thought. How nice to feel a connection now.

He leaned back and felt the cheap plastic chair flex. There was a gouge in the plaster worn by thousands of patients and loved ones each year settling in to wait. It was tidied up slightly by a coat of paint, but it showed the anxiety of the women who saw Dr. Concord.

Lex tried to push off the harrowing failure. He told himself he wasn't in there being drugged and stripped, so he had no right to complain. He wasn't the first man to sit helplessly in the waiting room while a woman he cared about was treated. Prospective parents came here to be told the pregnancy was doomed. If they could get through that he could sit until he was of use.

The outer doors were locked, and there was a sign up turning people away. Dr. Concord had cancelled her clinic hours for the morning, lying about a family emergency. She had called in a few nurses and the anesthesiologist. All of them were her personal friends and had agreed to guard Chloe's privacy.

He had considered calling a lawyer to have a confidentiality contract written, but it would be another trace of Chloe's ordeal. Dr. Concord seemed to be convinced he was not to blame for Chloe's injuries. Lex didn't want to insult her and risk getting kicked out of her office.

Chloe pulled gingerly at the thin robe a nurse had provided. She had used the doctor's office phone to call her cousin. She needed a next of kin to pick her up or the operation had to be delayed. Lois and Lucas were on their way, hopefully before morning traffic clogged the streets.

Talking to Lois had been exhausting, even the few words needed to give the address. Chloe wasn't sure she could get herself back up on the exam table without falling, so she sat in a chair and stared blankly at Dr. Concord's bulletin board.

I'm never going to be the same, she thought wonderingly. A thousand surgeries can't undo this. Even if I wanted to tell people what happened to me, I don't think I'd know how.
    Last edited by kitten; 15th April 2012 at 07:37.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

Thank you for the wonderful update.

Poor Chloe and Lex; I really hope that they learn to lean on one another and get through this together.

This is so heart rending. I really want you to come back and make it all better but I know the story demands that they work through things not have the magic fix.

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

This is so tragically true to life for all rape victims and their loved ones, but as horrible as this is, Lex will make sure that Chloe will get the help she need, physical and mental. And she might not believe it right now, but Chloe is strong enough to get through this.

Continued excellent work on this story.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

This story always leaves me speechless. It's so amazingly heart-breaking.

NS Full Member

Re: The Lesser of Two Evils - NC-17, Chapter 42 (Feb. 18, 2012)

Oh Wow, I finally got a chance to catch up on the latest chapter and I can't wait to see what will happen next. Update, Update, Update Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

Chapter Forty-Three

Wiping her eyes emphasized their soreness, and she moved to blow her nose. Chloe inhaled and the warm scent of expensive liquor mixed with custom cologne made her heartbeat skitter. She threw the tissue down, but the smell of Lionel was on her hands.

Knowing he was dead didn't stop the pounding fear. She was off the bed before meaning to move, hobbling on a swollen ankle to lock the bedroom door noisily. Chloe leaned on it as Lex and Dr. Concord started knocking and calling. She couldn't let them in until she was clean.
    She needed soap and shampoo to really wash, but her vision failed her. She crumpled onto one of the benches and listened to the door splinter over Lex's yelling.
    This was an awesome beginning to the new chapter. Chloe has been granted a reprieve, so far, because she was too shocked and numbed to really feel anything. But now that her strength is slowly returning, so is the ability to feel and process what happened to her. I LOVE how it’s the equivalent of watching someone’s foot recover from falling asleep… with little tingles of feeling, just before the pain gathers up into needles of pain. Right now, it’s pretty horrible… but it’s only the starting tingles that Chloe is beginning to feel.

It might even have worked if he was a usual worried loved one, but the reality snaked poisonously through his thoughts. He and Chloe weren't friends. She likely wished she'd never met him. She needed to be sewn up inside, and her his father had raped her without protection. It went without saying that Dr. Concord would do everything she could to heal the physical damage. Lex didn't know what could help Chloe's state of mind.
    Oh, Lex! He’s just not willing to acknowledge that he is a victim too of everything that happened. His trauma wasn’t as horrific as what Chloe went through, but he needs to STOP thinking of himself as one of the villains of the stage… who deserves yet more punishment, rather than healing of his own. I think it’s up to Chloe herself, poor shocked, broken, numbed Chloe, to help Lex out of this… and help him begin to heal as well.

He would have to convince Dr. Concord to honour his deal. She was a compassionate, upright woman, who would have trouble understanding the idea that Edge and his men didn't stop at locked doors or even state lines. If Edge thought Chloe would say anything to ever implicate him, he would kill her.

We'll have to stay in touch, he thought hysterically. I'll have to show Edge that I have enough contact with Chloe to protect her in case he decides to kill her anyway. This is never going to be over for her.

In his gut, he felt a little twist of obscene hope. Chloe would know more of him than this terrible period of her life. She would have the chance to perhaps forgive his failure. She had believed in him, erroneously, but he had never stopped trying to find her. He could do much worse than grim tolerance from a woman like her.
    It was horrible thinking about how, even now, after the Big Bad Guy is dead, even NOW, Chloe cannot ever truly get truth and justice for what happened to her. She’s forever going to have to keep ALL of these experiences a secret, otherwise risk having yet some more horrible people coming after her.

It’s a good thing that Chloe is still in a semi-numbed state, and is not yet thinking of the bigger ramifications of what happened to her. Nope… it’s Lex alone who is thinking of the long-term, and the horrors and complications that have yet to be sorted out.

And I love the way that all of Lex’s long-term foresight and strategic thinking is being applied to the sole cause of keeping Chloe alive, healthy and safe. He’s really NOT putting any thought into his own safety, health or happiness… he’s not thinking about his own healing and recuperation, but only thinking about how best to help Chloe get her life back. What an amazing man!

I do take SOME comfort in the notion that it will be through helping Chloe find safety and happiness again that Lex will find a way to heal too… find a way to his own sense of peace, health and happiness as well.

Lex ground his teeth and stared at the exit. He wanted to be anywhere else, but he was more than a little obsessed with Chloe Sullivan. He could see why Lionel had wanted to keep her for himself.

So I am ultimately like him, Lex thought. How nice to feel a connection now.
    Oh, Lex! NO!!! Granted, it IS an obsession he’s developed… and it might not be a healthy fixation, considering that he’s neglecting his own well-being because of his focus on Chloe. But his obsession is completely the opposite to Lionel’s obsessions, in terms of goals and methods. Chloe really, REALLY needs to find herself and tell him that!!

Talking to Lois had been exhausting, even the few words needed to give the address. Chloe wasn't sure she could get herself back up on the exam table without falling, so she sat in a chair and stared blankly at Dr. Concord's bulletin board.

I'm never going to be the same, she thought wonderingly. A thousand surgeries can't undo this. Even if I wanted to tell people what happened to me, I don't think I'd know how.
    Ah hah! It appears that Chloe is, finally, beginning to understand the deeper and fuller ramifications of what has happened, and how it’s going to be affecting the rest of her life. Her gaze is, understandable, focused inwards… on her own painful future and healing… but I think she won’t be able to help herself from wanting to take care of Lex’s emotional trauma as well. Just let her recover a little bit, and then she can help Lex start recovering too.

Great chapter, Nonky. Thanks for the amazing update. I look forward to the next installment. Please post more soon!

NS Full Member

My heart goes out to Chloe and her suffering. It's not going to be easy for Chloe and I'm glad you did not try to suger coat this story and make the rape incident like it's was something she can just forget. It will never be easy and time does not heal all wounds. It takes a lot of support and even if knowing the person responsible is no longer alive, it is never easy to just let go and continue to live your life.

I think the aftermath of this is in some ways even more terrifying than the anticipation of it. Granted, Chloe's still in shock at the moment, but it feels as if whatever fight was left in her has died.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information