+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 80 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lesser of Two Evils - NC-17, Chapter 56 (May 27, 2016)

Re: The Lesser of Two Evils - NC-17 (update July 9th)

So much new stuff! I loved it all. I just want to give Poor Chloe a hug.

Boring feedback, I know. I'm sorry.

NS Full Member

Oh my! That was a great update. thanks for updating again. I really like this story. It is quite dark and disturbing in the events and situations, but you do such a great job on writing it that this story is totally engaging to the reader. I love Lex in this story! He it such a tormented sweetheart. I was expecting them to have a conversation about the changes Lex made to the guest room. Looking forward to more of Thud great story... and hopefully soon.

Members

Thank you so much for updating, I'd just about given up hope. Great chapter please update soon....

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar
    These two chapters were absolutely breathtaking. I hate to say the words 'worth the wait' (mostly because I think it might encourage bad updating habits), but this was very, nearly almost worth the update.
    *sabrina stamps down on her impulse to scream, well-worth every second, minute, hour and month of waiting, and just maintains her principles inspired stoicism*

review of Chapter 24

It started out so beautifully. I cannot imagine how you managed to make a scene of someone sneaking out of their partner's bed during the 'morning-after' seem so sad, lovely and even romantic... but it was just so beautifully written. I have no words...

Finally, the memory of their sex came to her. She had let him be on top, plunging in and out of her body. She had liked the way it felt - at least some of it. Her guard had been down and she had fallen asleep there.

Chloe pulled her arm to her chest and there was a specific pain in the crook of her elbow. A small bruise surrounded a scabbed pinprick. Things became a little better then. She had been sick and weak and the nurse drawing blood had been the last straw for her. She hadn’t been stupid and careless to sleep in Lex’s bed. Her body had passed out.
    I found this very interesting. I got the definte impression (in the last updated chapter) that Chloe had fallen asleep because she was healing and starting to forgive Lex (and herself) for what was allowed to happen during her first sexual encounter. But I suppose it's also possible that her falling asleep wasn't because she had finally reached some form of peace and understanding within herself, but because she was just too exhausted to maintain consciousness.

It sounds like a reasonable explanation, except for the fact that Chloe actually seems to be grabbing onto that explanation as an excuse rather than a valid reason. So many levels of truth within a few paragraphs... Nonky is a Goddess

not to mention that fact that her reaction (or rather her lack of reaction) to the guest-room and other such surroundings didn't suggest any associated trauma or even negative memories. Chloe is most defintely healing... or she's still just too exhausted to think properly

Lois had a kind of premature empty nest syndrome coupled with abandonment issues.
    I always enjoy a well-written, witty Lois. She's always been an really fun vehicle for bluntness and politically-incorrect advice. Interestingly enough through, this is the the first time I've seen an actual analysis of Lois's issues. Her quirks and eccentricities are varied and widely written about, but I don't remember any other author actually trying to scratch out a reason behind her wierd behaviour. Most interesting is that fact that I didn't even notice that until I saw that particular sentence. Excellent work on raising the bar Nonky

hmm. Is it possible that Lois is going to play a more proactive role rather than alibi and confidant. I could imagine immensely fun, interesting and horrific scenarios. I get the feeling Lois could be genuinely scary in full-battle mam-bear mode (not only to attackers, but even protectees)

There was one of General Lane’s personal firearms in the bedside table for protection and her cousin had plenty of attitude to waving it in Lionel’s face. She was fearless in protecting her little sister, Lucy, and Chloe.
    heh heh heh... Like I mentioned... Chloe is more than capable of defending herself and planning out her own battles, but Lois can be quite a powerful force to have as an ally. Chloe might discover that all her sneaking around, gathering info, strategizing and drawing battle plans might not be enough... In which case, when intellect and manipulation falters... we can always call in the brute force that is Lois Lane

review of Chapter 25 (part one)

As much as I always enjoy seeing and listening to Chloe. I just adore watching all Luthor activities. Lex is always a treat with his cunning and carefully planned out actions and sweet sentimentalities. And Lionel is just thrilling, with all his manipulations and cruelty. Getting a chance to watch them interacting with each other is a pleasure beyond all compare
    He felt a need to do something to find out how his father had been spending his time. There was an ominous drift of purpose with the small amount of harassment Chloe was suffering. A few phone calls were barely counted as threats. She had been called to meetings for almost two years, all of them on short notice and nonnegotiable. Suddenly, her presence wasn’t required for two weeks.
    This was probably not a smart move. Indeed its possible that Lex's rather Luthor need for control and action was overriding his caution and good sense. Having the urge to meet, confront and wheedle information from Lionel face to face is understandable, but really risky.

Her life wasn’t high school, friends and classes. The real parts of it were facing down rich, powerful men and their attempts to use her body for their own ends. She was a pawn.
    I appreciated the way you explained how Chloe was slowly outgrowing her intense feelings for Clark. Many fics annoy me when they have Chloe simply list 'a sense of attraction towards Lex' as the sole cause behind the lessening of her affections towards Clark. It never seems like growth or maturity, more like transference of feelings. Which I suppose can be a valid reason, but Chloe should be able to outgrow Clark without using some other warm body as a crutch...

Chloe's feelings towards Lex are most definitely NOT romantic at all. I don't even think she's sexually attracted to him. She views him as a powerful and (at the moment) a trustworthy ally, but nothing beyond that. So no transference here, just plain and simple 'becoming a woman who is no longer defined by her passions (or need for approval) for/from others'.

Lex had always thought his father’s decorating scheme was an unpleasant mix of Ernest Hemingway at his most hyper masculine and Liberace at his most toned down. The Scottish castle transplanted to Smallville, Kansas, was a nightmare of poor choices. Antique weapons were hanging anywhere they could fit, and the stained glass windows tinged everything red or purple. A devout Freudian could write a book on the psychology of Lionel Luthor’s attraction to polished swords.
    LOL. The description was priceless. I can just imagine Lex's expression of complete contempt and disdain.

And then the Luthors conversation... The whole exchange just kept sending chills and shivers down my spine...

Just like that, Lex marvelled. One or two calls and another young woman would be sold like a sex toy.
    I could actually just imagine Lionel making some blackmail worthy arrangements to get Lana in the same prostitute position as Chloe. And yes, Lana IS annoying, but the thought of such a thing happening to her (or anyone else) is enough to make me sick-up.

I really enjoyed the way the Luthors kept circling and dancing around their respective truths like a pair of familiar tango partners, or a pair of particularly foul-tempered sharks.

Despite the fool-hardy impulse to confront his father during this stage in the 'game', Lex actually managed himself really well. He conveyed just the correct amount of casualness in his questions and responses, and would have been able to escape detection or suspicion from anyone... Anyone except Lionel Luthor...
    Lex stood up and made his face freeze blankly. The unabashed pride was particularly unbearable. Lionel was treating Chloe like an object he’d been lucky enough to discover first.
    Lionel is extremely creepy. Why is it that possessiveness can be such an attractive trait in Luthor junior, yet be shown as immensely evil in Luthor senior. Maybe its because the two Luthors have different ways of taking care of their possessions?

The scariest thing is that, this could have been a possibility.. It's just that on the show, Lex was the one who met Chloe first.

I'll be revewing the rest of the chapter later...

seems like this is going to be the smuttiness review

I'm loving the Chlex interaction with the same intensity that I love the Luthors interaction. The chemistry and wit that flows between the two 'couples' is incredibly interesting, enthralling and satisfying (although satisfying for completely different reasons).

I enjoy watching Lionel and Lex prowl around each other, giving out probing verbal jabs, looking for information and/or weaknesses. I just adore watching them finding ways to tear each other to teenie tiny pieces, while trying to maintain a civil and nonchalant air at all times. Even hate and hostility can give off on-air chemistry (anyone who has seen red-eye can attest to that).

Chloe and Lex on the other hand, have a much more subdued, laid-back, gentler and supportive relationship, but that doesn't make their on-air chemistry any less strong, just a completely different kind of sparkage.

I feel like melting with Lex's careful consideration of Chloe. It is truly amazing to watch Lex keep humbling himself before her. To keep watching him act so gentle, cautious, careful with her. The thing that always gets my heart aching is the fact that he's being even more careful about her emotional well-being than her simple physical health and needs. Actually he is taking a much more proactive role than 'just being gentle' with her. He is carefully trying to steer her towards healing and moving past all the trauma that she has incurred these past few months.

Lex had specified a female doctor, the younger the better. He saw no reason to inflict more male authority figures on Chloe when she was grappling with too many taking over her life. He felt bad that a lot of his protection came in the form of directions on how to live. When she was older and recovered, he wanted her to be able to trust a man again. His father had ruined too much happiness.
    Did I mention I was falling madly for your Lex? Well I am... Can I take him home please? Its just all the little things that he does to make her feel safe and comfortable that make me feel so mushy and warm.

And he's still being so careful not to touch her in ANY inappropriate way. Lex has sex with the girl on a regular basis, but he never ever allows himself to forget the boundaries. Luthor intellect, control and attention to detail... magnificient!

He took in the embarrassment. Anger clenched his jaw and he pushed it away. This was not the way a young woman should have to manoeuver her first sexual relationship. Everything was skewed and he wasn’t able to help Chloe correct the associations she was making. What he knew about healthy, stable relationships could be engraved on the head of a pin.
    I loved this paragraph too. It really shows how much he is feeling for her. All his care and consideration is not just a way to make amends and soothe his own guilty conscience... but he is actually working on healing her because her pain actually makes him suffer. I LOVE YOUR LEX!!!

A noblewoman from Monaco had once requested a million dollar race horse from him for the pleasure of her company at dinner. When she’d learned there would be drinks and a reception before dinner, her price had gone up a diamond necklace. Chloe, in comparison, was an angel. Even if she’d been raised a noblewoman she wouldn’t be difficult.
    A really sweet sentiment, and a lovely way of comparing and distinguishing Chloe from all the nasty jaded women who he 'dated' in the past. Although, I don't understand why Lex Luthor would have had to 'bribe' anyone (even a noblewoman) into going out with him. A million+ dollars for a date? Doesn't sound like a very Lex Luthor type of agreement to come to.

She liked that he was strong and that he was willing to protect her. She even came close to liking him for few minutes, lust and power weaving an illusion with the steam. The sensations got closer to her orgasm but they peaked before it happened. Lex pulled back and tilted his face up to hers, shaking his head.

"I don’t think you’ll come this way," he said. "I’m sorry."
    I'm not sure why, but this was my favourite part of the smutty sequence. Perhaps because it winds together Chloe's emerging emotional attachment (which she firmly and immediately denies and rejects as illusion), AND it has a little Lex apology there too. (sigh) so sweet.

She held on desperately as her body exploded, taking all the tension left. She felt powerful, invincible.

And Lex knew it when he looked at her. Her green eyes shone with it. All he’d wanted was a split second of her mouth on his. He also knew something terrible - Chloe herself was the biggest liability he had to protecting her.
    The ending was AMA-zing. Finally Chloe will not be able to deny the fact that she's starting to heal and forgive... that the peace and contentment she's feeling might actually be an indication of power and happiness. I'm so pleased that Chloe is starting to recover the strength and will-power that got bruised during her bouts with Lionel.

Not to mention Lex... He is getting in way over his head with Chloe. Just imagine... he's managed to get his mouth on every highly covetted and private part of her body, and the only thing he really wanted was a sweet intimate kiss. Its enough to make a person weep. AND it seems like he's also finally admitting to some emotions stirring around over this girl.

There were four fertility drugs floating around her blood, three experimental hormone cocktails meant to increase her odds of producing a male child, and other substances that were likely ingredients in the making of the other drugs.
    Dear God in Heaven. I'm surprised the girl hasn't gotten pregnant from a handshake, or sitting on Lex's toilet seat cover. Yes I know all that is quite impossible, but this level of artificial chemicals running around within her... its just terrifying. Lionel EVIL!!!
    Last edited by tigerbaby; 19th August 2006 at 05:32.

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

"I, uh, I have a small problem," Chloe said, her face heating up. "My period started yesterday."

She felt like an imbecile. She didn’t feel ashamed. Her periods were healthy and natural. Still, she wouldn’t ask her father or her male friends to buy her tampons. She especially didn’t think Lex was so involved in her life he needed to know. There was no medical reason why they couldn’t have sex, but it felt complicated and messier. She had to at least tell him, because there was no way she could let him go down on her right now, even if he would. It was common courtesy, just not one she’d had to exercise before.
    I really felt for Chloe here--in her uncertainty and embarrassment. It feels so natural and human and I can imagine exactly how she feels. It's wrenching in an entirely different way than the trauma she went through was earlier. And I love that Lex understood it and was angry on her behalf. He really is getting all kinds of protective of her, isn't he?

I love the whole bit at the end (during the smut) where Lex keeps thinking or hoping that Chloe is about to kiss him. Your Lex in this story is a little bit different than the Smallville Lex (as is appropriate since the story is slightly AU), but that moment really rang true to me as pure Lex. The neediness at the core of his personality is just heartbreaking.

I'm so proud of Chloe for progressing as far as she has, that she can feel powerful and victorious during sex. And I can't wait until she begins to acknowledge her deepening feelings for Lex.

Thanks so much for the two chapters. Now it's time to resurrect poor "Witness Protection." Right?

Mrs Dean Winchester Senior Member pipersmum's Avatar

Thankyou for updating a wonderful story nonky I loved it of course and you really spoilt us not one but two chapters! I am glad that Chloe is not pregnant and Clark is just an idiot!!

I can't wait to see what happens next.

Mrs. Smith Senior Member JosiCuervo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nonky
    These chapters are dedicated to Josi, because she's had a hard couple of months and she offered the most effective bribes. Yes, I can be bought.
    Yay!!! Someone gave into my shameless bribery!!

Chapter 24
    Her whiff of cologne warmed by body heat told her he was still in the bed with her.
    I love this little detail.
    "There’s no big excitement. He’s nice."

Lois huffed and started the coffee maker. "Nice isn’t hot. Is he?"

"Yes," Chloe admitted, and it was true once again. "But it won’t last. He and I are going to be over pretty soon."
    I’ve often wondered how this story would end, if either of them would believe they could just walk away or if they would accept the bond forged in traumatic experiences.
    Chloe’s conscience wouldn’t allow complete honesty. At least the boyfriend story was a good cover for any number of nights in Metropolis. If the worst happened it would also let her ask Lois to go with her for an abortion.
    This is another question that’s been rolling around in my mind. What will Chloe do if she ends up pregnant? Abort all by herself, tell Lex, ignore it until the last possible moment. I went to school with a girl who ignored her pregnancy until she went into labor. She just pretended it wasn’t happening and never actually told anyone. It was really weird and slightly disturbing. Chloe’s mental state would be perfect for such a thing.

Chapter 25
    "I wanted to thank you for your gift," Lex said, trying to appear reluctant or proud instead of angry. It was never wise to appear too grateful until the repercussions of the gift were clear. "Chloe Sullivan has been just what I needed. I wouldn’t have thought a lack of experience could be so refreshing."
    I giggled quite inappropriately. I love it when Lex tries to outsmart his father. It doesn’t seem to work very often, but when it does, it’s phenomenal.
    In fact, her period had started hours after her doctor appointment, ridiculously convenient after being late almost a whole month. It was just too late to prevent her from worrying, and exactly on time to present a new awkwardness to the night with Lex. It threw their agreed upon method into a spin. She wasn’t even sure how to talk about it.
    Heh. Period smut - this should be interesting. But I have to feel bad for her to a certain extent because discussing such things can be terribly embarrassing, and so far the circumstances have been complicated at best.
    "It’s not a problem for me," he said. "Unless you’re in pain."

She shook her head. "No, but . . . We can’t do things the regular way. I don’t want to. It’ll be messy and I just . . . "

"I have a way around that."
    A way around a bleeding vagina? *snicker*
    The penthouse master bath had a gym shower with benches and safety bars. It was originally installed as a ready-made wheelchair accessible feature. The shower wasn’t much smaller than the bedroom, and there was plenty of space for both of them. She tried not to be shocked by the idea of shower sex, but the childish reticence rose once more. Her face must be purple.
    I’m not a fan of waters sports, but the Olympian shower sounds interesting.
    He was sitting on a wooden bench installed into the wall, his hands behind his back. His posture was remarkable and he made the strange scene something calm with his stillness. She approached very slowly, holding her breath. Her chest was at the level of his face when she stopped, their legs brushing. Lex leaned up, water beaded on his skin, his eyelashes extra dark with wetness.
    I love this image. I would give a very large sum of money to see this in person. Or on SV. Skin-a-max. *shudder* Lex + shower =
    She held on desperately as her body exploded, taking all the tension left. She felt powerful, invincible.

And Lex knew it when he looked at her. Her green eyes shone with it. All he’d wanted was a split second of her mouth on his. He also knew something terrible - Chloe herself was the biggest liability he had to protecting her.
    Wow. I love how Chloe feels invincible and Lex feels vulnerable. His wanting her kiss that badly offers great insight into his true character. Makes me want to give him a hug (naked, wet or otherwise).

Nonky, thank you so much for the updates. It’s great to see Chloe making some progress and I’ll be very pleased when Chloe finally develops recognizable feelings for Lex. I can’t wait for the story to play out and I’m looking forward to a few things in particular; the ruin of Lionel, Chlex’s first passionate kiss, Chloe uttering the words “Touch me” in the heat of the moment, and her not cowering as soon as Lex touches her. Heh.

But anyway, I was more than ecstatic to find such a spectacular treat waiting for me on a gloomy Monday morning. I’ll be more than happy to pay up on the initial bribe, but now I have to wonder if bribes will work on any of your other fics. I’m more than willing to give it a shot. *dance*

Erica

I'm so glad that you are going to continue this story. I can't wait to find out what happens to Chloe and Lex. Update soon!!!

Thank you so much for the update. I really missed this story. I hope you are able to continue this with more of your lovely updates.

OH! UPDATE! GLORIOUS UPDATE!!!

[yes, i am lost for words. let the smileys do their job.]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information