+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lesser of Two Evils - NC-17, Chapter 56 (May 27, 2016)

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    I am sorry Lionel is an ass. He deserves whats coming to him. And if he wants the child to grow up right. How will he accomplish that if he is not there to ruin its life like his other sons. Whats the point of having another kid you will have no hand in raising. Idiot. :nobad:

I am glad Chloe is trusting lex very slowly. And I hope to God if she gets pregnant its Lex's. I will not be happy if he has to raise his own brother with Chloe as mom., Yuck!

Great update.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar
    I was just cleaning my house and thought I would take a break between vacuuming and scrubbing the tub--when, lo and behold, an update appeared for my second-favorite nonky fic ("Witness Protection: Summer Interludes" being my favorite--I'm sure that will get updated soon).

And so, in celebration of nonky's return, I shall use my first ever emoticon. Ready? Here it is.

:yay2:

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, what a good update. You've done a fabulous job fleshing out the Lionel-monster and making him human. Not nice or sympathetic, but human, like a real person. Wonderful portrait of him.

And this line is so poignant and powerful:

And she realized she had done such a good job distancing herself from everyone that they might not miss her for days.
    Thanks so much for the update.

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar
    Wow :worship2: :worship2: That was a great update, loved how you gave us insight into the MB. Kept having conflicting emotions as I read this, for a second there I felt kind of sorry for him because of how isolated he must feel but then a larger much louder part of me realised that this is a mess of his own making. He ****ed up and now he's trying to get a second chance by screwing up Chloe's life rahter than trying to fix the relationships with the kids he has!!!! That just makes the twinge of sympathy I might have been feeling fly out the window.

Also liked the brief Chlex and how the trust is building up slowly.

Lex stepped back from the double doors to let Chloe pass and she noticed that he was careful to keep the distance precise; Far enough away that she wouldn’t have to brush his body, but close enough to touch if one of them reached out

Not sure why but I especially liked these lines. (maybe it's because they show Lex doing the smallest of things in an effort to gain her trust)
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bruce's Favorite Stalker
    Nonky, oh how I've missed you. And your wonderful stories.

This update was fantastic. I loved the insight to Lionel, loved the Chloe and Lex scene, loved it times a hundred trillion.

He had bought a lovely, fragile society wife and found out too late that she was even more dainty and easily broken than he had thought.
    Loved that line. Lionels little insight on Lillian was right on and I love it.

He carried it back out to the entryway and hung it in the closet before walking to the bar. The drink he poured was only water, but the ritual was the most important part. Deep breaths were drawn in through his nose and allowed to drift back out through his lips, controlled and neutral.
    I adore this story and the relationship you have built between Chloe and Lex. They are slowly beginning to trust each other, slowly becoming accustomed to each other's presence in their lives, and I can't wait until they finally realize how important the other is to them.

I'm so glad your back and hope your doing better! We missed you!

Waiting for more patiently.
    "I think the whole glory of writing lies in the fact that it forces us out of ourselves and into the lives of others."
    ~ Anderson Sherwood

Lionel needs to rot in Hell. Every choice that he made brought him to where he stands today. He made Lex dislike and distrust him. He got Lucas's mother pregnant and when she died, he couldn't even be bothered with finding a decent home for him. He drove Lillian insane, and when Lex took the fall for Julian's death, he hated Lex. yup, he deserves every moment of agony.

I feel so much for Chloe in this fic. She is so alone, and the only one that she can trust on any level is Lex. Who is so emotionally damaged, that he can't ever trust anyone completely.

I'm lovin' this fic, and await the next update.

Lex's Gypsy Girl
    poor chloe i want lex to take lionel down!

NS Full Member
    Down with Lionel!!! Hope that Lex can save her. Great chapter!!!! :chlexsign3:

Imperial Dragon Senior Member Impress's Avatar
    you know...I could see Lionel thinking that. It seemed totally in character.

enjoyed the update, except for the fact that it was too short. more soon.

Happy! Happy!! :worship2: You updated! Finally, thank you thank you thankyou.
    This fic keeps getting better and better, I love the interaction between all the characters, and how you're keeping them emotionally apart for as long as you have. It really shows how difficult Chloe and Lex have it, dealing with their emotions and other people. Really well done and told. Please don't wait too long to update the next part.

:chlexsign3:

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    I'm so glad that you're back!! Excellent new chapter to your story!! I really, really hope that Chloe is able to hide away from Lionel until he dies!! I also hope that she learns to enjoy her time with Lex!! Thanks for the update!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information