+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 80 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lesser of Two Evils - NC-17, Chapter 56 (May 27, 2016)

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    How I really, really wish that Chloe didn't have to go back to Lionel again!! I really wish that she didn't have to go through the pain, although she's already proving what a strong person she is!! I can't wait for your next chapter!! Will Lex and Chloe be able to sleep together again or will it be too hard for the both of them? Post again soon please!! :yay2: :chlexsign4: :yay2:

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    That story is just heart breaking and very gripping. Its like a novel that starts off weird but you cant put it down. By the time you get through reading it. You can't believe it but it keeps pulling you in. hmy:

Hope :chlexsign4:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Imperial Dragon Senior Member Impress's Avatar
    Originally posted by hfce@Dec 28 2004, 02:42 PM
    That story is just heart breaking and very gripping. Its like a novel that starts off weird but you cant put it down. By the time you get through reading it. You can't believe it but it keeps pulling you in. hmy:

Hope :chlexsign4:
    That sums it up nicely.

Come on, Lex. Show Her what Sweeeet Lovin' is all about.

hateSmallvilleLoveChlex
    Just a Guest!
    You can't stop there!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
    I need more. I'm addicted and I don't even like these types of stories.
    Please come back and update!!!

I am soooo not an addict tiger04's Avatar
    That was an Awesome update. I was so rapped up in lex's reaction to chloe and the room. I can't wait for what is going to happen next.

I hope that you will come back and update soon. I love all your stories so much i don't know which one i want you to update first.

AT

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!
    The Lesser of Two Evils
    NC-17/ Angst

Disclaimer: Smallville, the characters therein, and all affiliated copyrighted materials are owned by the WB. This is a work of fanfiction not intended for profit or infringement, only for the pleasure of fans of the series.
    Spoilers: All up to Season 4, except things will be twisted to the tune of Lex having never moved to Cowtown, U.S.A.

A/N: What would Chloe Sullivan have had to do to get from under Lionel Luthor’s thumb if Lex had never moved to Smallville? What would she have had to sacrifice to earn the son’s help against the father?

AU for Season 3 and 4, and strongly rated for a good reason:
    THERE WILL BE BORDERLINE NON-CONSENSUAL SEX.

I’m posting in very short chapters so readers can choose when enough is enough for them.

Chapter Eleven

Dressed in a pair of flowing black pants and a white silk blouse, Chloe stepped inside the penthouse. She had foregone the high heels of her last visit and had to look up a bit more at Lex to see his uncertain expression.

At least one other person has no idea what’s going on, she thought. Here I was thinking it was just me.

She didn’t know how the night would go, but she didn’t think Lex was accustomed to hurting women. On a second reading of the file Lionel had given her on his son, most of things it said didn’t add up to his behaviour. He wasn’t a cruel man, at least not physically. His sexual appetites might be wild, but they didn’t run to violence.

“Good evening,” she said, and he smiled slightly.

“Hello. How are you?”

Chloe ignored the polite question. She was okay, but only if she could deal with things one at a time. Talking about Lionel while worrying about going to Lex’s bed was not possible. Therefore she was not fine, which was the only answer anyone ever wanted when they asked how you were. No one wanted the responsibility of having a casual greeting turn into a sob story unless they were facing Lana Lang and therefore craving it like mad.

Lex hovered an awkward distance from her, too close for strangers but too far away for friends. It was clear he had no idea how to proceed, and she wondered at the irony of the blind leading the man with x-ray vision.

Chloe walked into the living room and he followed, apparently trying to be an inoffensive as possible. She put her purse down on the sofa and turned back to see him looking a bit lost in his own home.

“Please stop treating me like I’m hysterical. I’m here to have sex with you, and if you accidentally stand too close to me I won’t file a police report,” she sighed.

He blinked and nodded, stepping into the room and toward the bar.

“Would you like a drink or some other refreshments?”

She shook her head and turned to the wall of windows overlooking Metropolis, admiring the view. The Luthors were very screwed up but their living conditions were luxurious. She decided the view from her second storey bedroom was nicer though, and turned back.

“I don’t mean to be rude or anything, but I’ve got other things to do while I’m in the city and it’s not like we’re dating. If we could just get on with this it would free me up,” Chloe said.

Lex froze at the bar, stopped pouring his drink for fear he would drop the crystal decanter.

He’d never had anyone dismiss him like that except his own father. It sounded so cold and impersonal, so dehumanizing he was actually insulted. It sounded exactly like how he spoke to women he was sleeping with, unless they were among the few who treated him coldly first. A patronizing screw you before the actual event even started.

Why do they put up with it, he wondered, struggling to remember engaging a woman in a real, private conversation since he had divorced his third wife. The closest memory he could come up with was when Chloe was standing in his apartment days earlier, making disinterested small talk as he finished his drink.

His skin crawled with a recognition of who had guided his treatment of women. Lionel didn’t like to mix conversation with his sexual relationships. He had suggested the same kind of policy for Lex when he was a teenager. Sometime between the first treacherous wife and the last, he had started to listen.

“I’m still not sure it’s strictly necessary for us to have sex. There must be another way to get you away from Lionel within the next month,” he said. “I could send you somewhere overseas and he’d never find you. I can protect you, Chloe.”

She chuckled bitterly and he felt like a fool.

Of course she’d considered running away. Even he had considered running away from his father, but ultimately the globe was too small to escape him.

Chloe kicked off her shoes and started unbuttoning the blouse, and Lex felt queasy. He had been drinking all afternoon, and the liquor churned in his stomach as he saw the chill resolve in her stance. She would hate him this second time far more than she had after the first, because he was aware of her duress. Cooperation of the body was nothing compared to the searing hate he remembered in her green eyes. They blazed out at him from cutting shadows in the dim room as she stripped off the shirt and threw it down.

“I don’t know much about you, Lex, but I know you enjoy sex. If you’re taking something from me that you value I will know there’s a give and take going on here, not just me using your feelings about your father. No one should be used, and there’s nothing we can do but use each other. I think we should try to keep this as businesslike as possible.”

She made her fingers move quickly so they couldn’t stiffen into the fists she wanted to make. The anger was morphing into an unfamiliar desire. It seemed like a good idea to have something to hurt, but she didn’t physically know how to act on the feeling.

Get on with it, she thought. Get this over.

“It’s all fucked up, but there’s no getting out right now,” Chloe said, pushing the pants off her hips. “The only thing I can do for you or you can do for me is this.”

He tried to look only at her face as she was left in bra and panties, but Lex was more comfortable with his sexual response to her than the anger she kindled in him. No one except his father made him feel when he was trying to be implacable. She was dangerous and the idea of his feelings being inspired by hers was threatening.

“I think we need to establish some ground rules of what’s going to happen here,” he said, trying to ignore scraps of emerald satin on pale skin, and the slight tremors through her body.

“What do you mean,” she asked warily.

“Sex can mean any number of things, and I’m not inclined to leave it up to chance that I know what is allowed,” he said, putting his drink down and moving toward her.

Chloe made herself stay still as Lex kept walking until he was almost touching her, but she couldn’t maintain her indifference. His hands came toward her with a sickening slow motion effect and she stepped back quickly, letting out a yelp as she dropped down onto the sofa.

He stepped away again and she saw a hint of satisfaction for having proven his point. Lionel’s upbringing was very thorough, I see.

“Chloe, this doesn’t have to be a horrible experience. Whatever my father has told you, many women have enjoyed their time with me,” he said, sitting on the far end of the sofa.

Her head was bowed and he wondered if she was praying for an alternative that didn’t exist. Her eyes opened and closed madly but she kept her lips pressed together.

“Chloe . . . “ he sighed, “I’m at a loss as to how you think our arrangement will work if you can barely speak to me.”

She looked longingly at the bar but couldn’t rationalize becoming an alcoholic just because Lex Luthor was insisting on speaking to her. If she had to drink every time her anxiety level rose she’d be chugging entire kegs by the end of the week.

“You feel like the enemy, and I don’t want you to touch me,” she said, soft blond hair covering the side of her face Lex could see.

I don’t know how to deal with her, he thought. I don’t know how to make her feel better and I certainly don’t have any way out for her.

He sighed and ran a rough hand over his scalp.

“I’m not a brutal man. I’m not a rapist and my predilections don’t include hurting women for fun. Despite my earlier . . . performance with you, I’m actually fairly skilled at giving a partner as much pleasure as I receive from her. You have no reason to believe me but I give you my word: I won’t hurt you again.”

Chloe’s head shook and he heard tears on the face he couldn’t see.

“If you put your hands on me it will feel like dying,” she said.

She felt empty, misery gaping inside her heart. It wasn’t easier the second time around, because the fears had all been confirmed and she was foolish enough to return for more punishment. Normally she felt intelligent, capable, but Chloe just felt like another stupid girl about to be trampled under the Luthors' boots. Everything she was trying to save in Smallville would never really be hers again, anyway, and the effort was crushing her.

Goosebumps covered her nearly-nude body and she knew Lex was moving toward her. His motions were slow, easing closer, but she wasn’t inclined to waste more of her energy. There was nowhere to run.

Lex knelt on the plush carpet in front of a shattered teenage girl and felt powerless.

“If you let me try, Chloe, I promise you I won’t put my hands anywhere on your body.”
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

ChLex Schadenfreude Senior Member crankychick's Avatar
    Haunting, bitter and addicting - what a great update. And yet this:

No one wanted the responsibility of having a casual greeting turn into a sob story unless they were facing Lana Lang and therefore craving it like mad.
    kept the devil in me well satisfied. Bring it on, non-touching Lex.
    :satanwink:

“If you let me try, Chloe, I promise you I won’t put my hands anywhere on your body.”
    Okay... maybe I'm a little bit ..."uncreative" but how is that possible???

I think you have to update again to let me know... It would be good if the update could be as great as this was. Because is so... nonky.

Gals,... guys (?) I think our new word for great should be "nonky"!

E.g.: This chapter was so nonky! I love the way you describe their feelings and how they react to each other... very nonky

Nonky job! :

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    hmy: damn, this is powerful stuff. I for one would like you to continue. :

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information