+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Prey for Chloe NC-17

ChLex Schadenfreude Senior Member crankychick's Avatar
    How do you keep coming up with this
    Season upon season of half-scenes, character assassinations and overLanaLangzation will bring out the demon in any writer.

Just wait until Lex and Clark's verbal smackdown.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Originally posted by crankychick@Dec 15 2004, 08:27 PM

Season upon season of half-scenes, character assassinations and overLanaLangzation will bring out the demon in any writer.

Just wait until Lex and Clark's verbal smackdown.
    I will be waiting for that while I sip my hot chocolate.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

ChLex Schadenfreude Senior Member crankychick's Avatar
    Title: Prey for Chloe
    Rating: R to NC-17
    Spoilers: Beginning of Season 4 up to and including “Scare”. A bit of creative license will be taken with Chloe’s mother.

Setting: After the toxic explosion in “Scare” and revealing the truth about her mother to Clark, Chloe leaves Smallville for a month to parts unknown. She returns a much changed woman and sparks Lex’s interest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    (Lex and Clark reach the end. Chloe and Lana prepare for graduation. Gabe gets a job.)

Chapter 19
    ~~~~~

This is the end
    Beautiful friend
    This is the end
    My only friend, the end

Lex was finishing up his conference call, when he was notified via Blackberry that Clark Kent had arrived and was waiting for him in his office. Taken aback, he fell back into professionalism, continued the call and finished up his business before leaving the conference room for his office. He left instructions not to be interrupted until Clark had left, intoning that this particular conference was to be time-consuming.

“Clark,” Lex said matter-of-factly, “I’m surprised to see you here.”

“It’s not a social call, Lex. I’ve been putting off speaking to you for far too long. I need to know what’s going on with Chloe.”

“What’s going on?” he repeated, “What are you – Marvin Gaye all of sudden?”

“Lex, I’m not kidding around. Don’t you think you’ve taken this far enough?”

“Not that it’s any of your business, but no,” Lex said curtly. “Chloe is my girlfriend, Clark, not a mistress I’m tossing aside.”

“So what are your intentions?”

“Who elected you her father? Someone already has that job.”

“Enough already! I’ve being serious.”

Lex walked over to his desk and sat down, raising his eyebrow in amusement. “Then you’re wasting your time because I’m not taking this little stance of yours seriously.”

“I want you to end this before Chloe gets hurt.”

Lex did his best to keep his temper under control, but it was becoming a losing battle. “I appreciate your concern, but there’s nothing to worry about. We’re very happy together.”

“So you say.”

“And so it is. What’s your problem with all this, Clark? Jealousy?”

“Partly, yes. But I’m more concerned with your track history as far as women go.”

“I’m well aware of my history, Clark. What puzzles me is who placed you as my judge and jury?”

“The fact you’re involved with one of my closest friends put me in this position.”

“Right. Keep telling yourself that.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“Year upon year, you indulged your Lana crush and when you finally got the girl, you let it fizzle out. Now that Lana’s apparently moved on, you fixate yourself on correcting Chloe’s life. What degree of control do you need to exercise on the people in your life before you’re satisfied?”

“How did this come to be about me?

“Clark, come on. You come into my office, instruct me to dump my girlfriend and you have the balls to ask what this has to do with you? You’re not that naïve.”

“Lex, I’m warning you-“

“Warning? I think you’re out of your league here.”

“Is that a threat?”

“No. I’m just ‘instructing’ you to back the hell off. My relationship to Chloe is none of your fucking business.”

“Why are you doing this?”

“Because I love her, “ he replied simply. “And it took me a long time to find something this real…..this precious to me. I value Chloe and I’ll fight to protect what we have.”

“I can’t listen to you anymore.”

“Oh what, is our friendship over……again? Honestly, Clark, when you can’t control people, you find it so easy to let them go.”

“You act like a jilted lover.”

“Don’t act so flattered. I was talking about Chloe…..remember her? Your good friend Chloe.”

“I refuse to sit around and watch you play your games with her,” Clark stubbornly said.

“Wouldn’t that be a case of the pot calling the kettle black?” Lex reasoned, “I couldn’t play any game crueler than the one you made her part of, could I?”

“If all you wanted was a lover, Lex, you didn’t have to comb the high schools to look for one.”

Curbing his anger with the last of his patience, Lex tightened his jaw and shook his head. “This conversation is over, Clark. I think we both know where we stand. Get the fuck out.”

Clark stomped out the room as Lex sat and watched him, his eyes dark with disillusion, frustration and anger.

It hurts to set you free
    But you'll never follow me
    The end of laughter and soft lies
    The end of nights we tried to die

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Your campus looks amazing,” Lana said, serving Chloe a chai latte.

“It is and the weather is so gorgeous. I won’t be missing Kansas winters, I can tell you that.”

“Lucky.”

“I know. But I’m going to miss Movie Night.”

“I’m planning on visiting you, Chloe. You’ll be in California, not Mars.”

“Lana, I’m going to miss you.”

“Me too. But remember, distance makes the heart grow fonder.”

“That’s profound.”

“I had to learn profound the hard way now that Jason’s working in Topeka.”

“It must be hard on you two.”

“We make the best of it. Quality time, know what I mean?”

Chloe leaned back and smirked, “Lana, are you saying what I think you’re saying.”

“Hell….yes.”

“Oh my God!”

“And then some. “

“Nasty, nasty Lana finally broke off a piece of that hunk.”

“Hey, that’s my lover you’re talking about!”

“So?”

“So?”

“How was it?”

Lana felt herself blushing right up to her hair. “Fucking out of sight, Chloe.”

“Well, that settles it?”

“What?”

“No more nights with the Little Rabbit I bought you for your birthday.”

“You know, I still maintain I’ve never used that.”

“Oh, who are you kidding, Lana!”

“Besides, I now take my man flesh one-on-one.”

“Slut.”

Lana geared up her best Mae West impression, “Honey, when I’m good I’m good…..but when I’m bad, I’m better.”

~~~~~~~~~

“Chloe, you home?” Gabe called out.

“Dad, up here,” she said.

He walked up the stairs and knocked on the door. She waved her hand at him and he walked into the condemned zone she called a bedroom. Piles upon piles of books, papers and photographs lay strewn on her bed.

“How do you live like this?”

“I’ve got a system down.”

“Organized insanity? I’ve heard that one before.”

“Sharp, pops. What’s up?”

“We’ve got some celebrating to do.”

Chloe immediately stopped typing and flipped around in her chair. “Why?”

“Gabe Sullivan’s a working man again.”

She jumped up and hugged her father, who promptly twirled her around.

“Oh, Dad, this is great! I’m so proud of you! I knew you’d get something soon! Where? When-“

“Calm down, kid. You’ll give yourself an aneurysm. It’s outside of Metropolis, near Portsmith. Company name is Delkirk Chemicals and I came highly recommended.”

“By?”

“Former employer and educational institution.”

“Oh, that bastard! Lex never said a thing.”

“He didn’t say a thing to me either, but I appreciate what he did. You’ve got a good catch there, Chloe.”

“Mind repeating that?”

“What for?”

“I need to find my recorder and play that sound byte on loop.”

“Smart ass.”

“Father’s daughter.”

“We’re gonna be Ok, Chloe. Now we can start putting in some funds in the college account.”

“Dad,” she said, hugging him again. “I’m so happy for you.”

“I couldn’t have done it without you, smart ass. Even though I could live with many things, I couldn’t live with letting you down. Thanks for being such a pain.”

“Aw, it’s my pleasure.”

Gabe kissed the top of her head and walked through the piles towards the door. “Kid, really, now that I’ve got a job, could you maybe….”

“Maybe what?”

“Get nicer piles?” he finished.

Chloe tossed some random clothes at him as the door closed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Music Credit

"The End", music & lyrics J. Morrison and The Doors

more more more
    Kirsten

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :biggrin: wow but this just make me smile like a loon when I read it. well al except the clunk parts, I am really getting the ASSHOLE vibe from him, so great job!!

fantastic fic, more!!!!! :worship2:

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Go Lex! I am proud of your smack down. :clap: I love the father and daughter moment.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Wow, I just caught up. You are amazing. So much funny and I loved Clark getting told off by everyone. Fabulous. Self-righteous ass. Love the Chloe and Lex and I can even tolerate your lana, and that is saying something. :

Can't wait for more updates and now Chloe and Lex can be in public, a full summer of fun then how to manage a long-distance relationship. Please keep going. I'm really loving it.

:chlexsign2:

I can hardly keep up with this puppy!

You are insanely quick! :biggrin:

Great story. The Chloe/Lana talk about Jason was fab.

Clark? Clark needs to get his ass kicked or something.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    I'm so glad that Lana, Chloe, Gabe and Lex have all told Clark off!! It's just amazing that he can't get it through his thick alien head!! Excellent updates!! I just wish that Lex could go to California with Chloe!! Post more again please!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

NS Senior Member Senior Member sydsvaughn's Avatar
    Why, why can't the show go like this? Please, more soon!

SaraC

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information