+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hollow Men NC-17

NS Full Member
    A/N:Sabby: Here's the next one. Not much happening, well on the outside at least, but we hope you enjoy anyway. It's really all Blue's work, this chapter. So give credit!

A/N: Blue: No smut....just letting you guys in to see what Chloe is thinking. Enjoy!

Checking the clock again did nothing to diminish the rage that was starting to overtake her body. If anything, it made it worse, but Chloe couldn’t help it. Taking a deep breath, she sat down on the couch and tried to relax. After a minute, she realized it wasn’t working and got up and started to pace.

True, Lex’s place wasn’t all that far from the Kent Farm, she just didn’t like to be late as a rule. And, Clark knew that. Chloe wondered if he was doing this on purpose without even realizing it. Clark was the king of being passive aggressive. It was a skill he had picked up over the past few years. Chloe knew that it came from dealing with her. But, she had long ago let go of the guilt that came along with knowing that.

The Kents were out buying farming equipment. Chloe had feigned interest when they told her all about it over breakfast this morning. Then again, they could have been telling her that they figured out where the Meteor rocks came from and how they worked and she wouldn’t have been able to pay attention.

Today was the 3rd, and tonight she and Clark were going to be with Lex. She hadn’t been able to sit still and knew that Clark had noticed it. He didn’t say anything about it, mind you, just watched her closely as she moved from room to room, trying to get some of her surplus energy to abate.

She noticed the accusatory way that Clark watched her. He was most likely thinking that he had been duped into agreeing to do it. It wasn’t exactly true, but it wasn’t exactly false, either.

Chloe had accepted Lex’s answer with a nod of her head. Clark’s jaw had tightened and a fight about her non reaction had ensued. By the end of it, they were both red in the face, having said things that should have remained unspoken. Usually, they would separate and go to bed angry. Not this time. It was the first time she had ever seen Clark be sexually aggressive with her. He had practically dragged her into the bedroom. She hadn’t complained being that it was the best sex they had ever had. Which was totally fucked up.

They hadn’t spoken about their meeting with Lex the next day, or the ensuing days after that. Clark, however, had put it on the calendar in the kitchen. Just his name, nothing else. Then again, it’s not like he would write ‘threesome’.

Chloe eyed the phone on the end table, wondering what kind of story Clark would make up when he called to tell her he would be late. She remembered every excuse he gave, waiting for him to use one twice so she could pounce on him and they could have at it. Chloe knew that she could just start the conversation on her own, but she liked being on the offensive.

It had been a few months since getting that damn package on her desk at work. Her hands had been shaking when she saw the pictures. It proved what she had always suspected about Clark…what he had never deemed her fit to know. She let him into her life and her body and he couldn’t even give her the truth.

The note had fluttered to the floor and she read it a few times, making sure that her eyes weren’t deceiving her. Even if he hadn’t put his initials, she would have known it was from Lex. The tone of the letter said it all. That Clark ‘should’ have told her. It held an accusation and judgment in it.

Had she still been in love with Clark then? If she had, the feelings had been waning. So, the question was, why hadn’t she left him? It wasn’t something that she could answer easily. Part of her wanted to wait it out until he told her…then she’d leave him. Part of her was scared as to what would happen, being with Clark was safe…even if he kept things from her. She knew that he’d never deliberately hurt her and that he wouldn’t leave. After her childhood, and the men she’d been with before him, those two things had seemed crucial at the time.

Clark had been the first boy that she had fallen in love with. But, he wasn’t her first in any other sense of the word. They hadn’t started dating till their sophomore year of college. During her senior year of high school, she’d gotten her first steady boyfriend…who also happened to be her first piece of ass. It had been uncomfortable and not that good the first time. But, he had gotten better at it, they both had, and the relationship had been good.

It had petered out when they went off to college. The breakup was amicable and seemed right. Especially since Chloe was now free from Smallville and could do whatever she wanted without everyone watching and judging. She and Clark were friends, but she wasn’t waiting for him anymore.

Chloe could admit that she went a little wild, going through a string of boys in three months, before finally settling down a little. She had rededicated herself to actually being with someone for more than a weekend. But, it seemed that those that she dated had other plans.

Her luck with the men in her life could only be described as horrible. Whenever it seemed that things were going well, they would come crashing down. Two of her boyfriends had transferred schools. They were very apologetic, but said that they were offered better scholarships elsewhere. A third boyfriend she found cheating on her. A fourth just up and dumped her one day. Another one had pulled away from her totally and she had ended up breaking up with him.

That’s why when Clark had kissed her at a party their second year, she had allowed it to happen. Much more happened between them the following week. Afterwards, Clark had shyly told her that she had been his first. Having no idea how to respond to that, Chloe had merely kissed him.

It was shocking to her when she and Clark became an actual couple. And, she had been happy with him for a long while. Then, after graduation, his secrecy had become almost too much to handle. They had long, drawn out fights about what he was keeping from her. He didn’t understand why she couldn’t accept that there were things that he didn’t tell anyone. Even though she knew better, she let things slide. They slid so far that she ended up living with a person that she didn’t think she knew anymore.

They had fallen into a habit of being together. They didn’t challenge one another anymore, they just quietly coexisted together. Their lives were routine followed by more routine. Get up, go to work, come home, have middling sex, fall asleep and do it all over again the next day.

Chloe was quickly becoming a person she hated. She doubted Clark whenever he told her a reason for not showing up or being hours late. Then, she would wonder what was wrong with her. She had Clark, a wonderful catch, a good job…she should be happy.

When Lex’s package had come, it had changed everything. Inside of her, at the very least. She tried to push Clark harder, to get at his secret. But, it hadn’t worked. The only thing that had happened was that their relationship had taken an even greater nose dive.

Even when Clark and she were together, they didn’t speak much. They never had a real conversation with each other anymore. Only fights. Clark had been very even tempered before they had started dating, but she must have rubbed off on him. He didn’t back down from confrontation now. Every now and again, he would throw down the gauntlet. That was how they had gotten here, Chloe waiting on the Kent’s couch for Clark to show up so they could go to a threesome, in the first place.

The blow had been low, and she had known it at the time, but she hadn’t cared. Clark had yelled at her, asking why it was that she was so bitchy and tense lately.

“Maybe it’s because I’m the only person who gives me a halfway decent orgasm these days,” she had snapped back.

Clark was always sensitive about the fact that she had been with other men and this time was no different. “Maybe that’s because you’re so closed off,” he yelled back.

He advanced on her. “You’re holding back with me, I can tell. So, don’t blame it on me.”

Chloe snorted. She was the adventurous one in the bedroom. Not him. Sure, there were things she refused to do with him, but that didn’t mean that she hadn’t done them in the past.

“Right, I’m the closed off one, Clark. I’m the one who makes sex between us tedious and boring. I’m the one who won’t try anything new.” She patted him on the shoulder. “You keep believing that buddy.”

As she walked away, Clark had grabbed her arm and she had looked up at him. He was beyond furious. “Fine,” he spat out, “then what do you say that we make things a little more interesting?” She could see that he was thinking about his next move. “I’m open to new things. Let’s invite someone into our bed.”

The phrase had hung in the air and Lex’s face had immediately floated through Chloe’s head. This was a bad idea, if they went through with it, it would ruin them.

“Come on, Chloe,” Clark said. “Let me show you that you’re wrong.”

Clark had sealed his own fate. “Ok,” she said, jerking her arm away. “I want it to be Lex.” She kept her eyes locked on his, but he didn’t show any outward reaction. He only nodded.

“I’ll ask him.”

He had walked out of the room. Days later he had brought up the subject again and they had discussed it in a business like tone.

Now, the day that had been set was here, but Clark was nowhere to be found.

“Fuck this,” she said to no one in particular. She wasn’t about to be late just because Clark was doing whatever it was that he did. She grabbed her coat and the phone rang.

“Hello.”

Clark could tell that Chloe was pissed. And, for one of the few times in recent memory, he didn’t blame her for it. They were supposed to be off to Lex’s and he was in Colorado. There had been an avalanche and he had gone to see if he could be any help. Things had been worse than he expected and it didn’t look like he would be getting out of there anytime soon.

“Hi, Chlo, it’s me,” he said, simply.

She hated that fucking nickname. “You’re not coming,” she said, flatly.

“No,” he gritted out. This was important to her. To them. He needed to go through this to show her that he wasn’t the way she thought he was. “I’m just going to be late.”

Chloe nodded. “Fine,” she said, “but I’m going over there now. I’m sure Lex will understand. Just get there as soon as you can.”

“OK, I’ll see you soon.” When she didn’t respond, he added. “I love you, you know that right?” He didn’t think he was making the situation any better but he couldn’t stop himself.

He heard her chuckle wryly. “Clark, there are very few things I know anymore.” She paused. “I’ll see you soon. Bye.”

After hanging up the phone, Chloe grabbed her keys and drove to Luthor Manor.

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar
    Chloe and Lex alone, together, sex on the brain, oh the possibilities!!! Am I the only one hoping he doesn't show and that the threesome is going to turn into a twosome?
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    I am finding myself wanting to slap them both!!!

grr.......

but hey, bring on the chlex lone time!! clunk can stay in colarado and freeze his balls off!

ChLex Schadenfreude Senior Member crankychick's Avatar
    Go for your Lextime, Chloe! :biggrin: Make it a party of two.

Originally posted by asharnanae@Dec 19 2004, 02:57 AM

[QUOTE]

Me too, but followed by a tickle. Tee Hee.

NS Full Member
    Originally posted by asharnanae@Dec 18 2004, 07:57 PM

grr.......
    Me too. I think I almost feel sorrier for Clark this time, though. Yeah, he should definitely have already told her his secret, but keeping secret that you know a secret just to fuel your anger and use as a weapon isn't anything to be proud of either.

Ah well. Bring on the smut.

NS Senior Member Senior Member sydsvaughn's Avatar
    I'm for bringing on the smut too ...

SaraC

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    I sense Chlex smut time.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Lex and Chloe alone....I hope they get things goin' without Clark.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    I'm so glad that Chloe is going over to Lex's alone!! Clark would only get in the way!! Can't wait for more!! Thanks so much for the new chapter!! :yay2: :chlexsign1: :yay2:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information