Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Play NC17*Completed*

NS Full Member
    *rubs hands*

oooh, this is going to be fun. Bring on the confrontations :biggrin:

Update soon
    Eleanor

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar
    :yay: :yay: OOOOOOHHHHHH it's on now!!!!!! Loking forward to the confrontation, hope they both make it.

He didn’t look back at Lex, and the young man realized that Chloe’s father really didn’t like him or approve of him. He’d done what was necessary to try and help his daughter, but on a personal level, they would never be friends.
    This made me kinda sad. Why can't they be friends???? :cryblue:
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    This is so good. I cant wait to read their confrontation. But I am sad that Gab doesnt like him.

H. :chlexsign4:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Originally posted by zelda@Dec 31 2004, 01:47 PM
    “Meet me where this all started and we’ll talk. You have one hour, then I come find you.”
    I can't wait!! :yay: :yay2: :yay: :yay2: :yay:

NS Senior Member Senior Member sydsvaughn's Avatar
    Go Chloe! You go get her Lex!

I need more. Desperately. Please?

SaraC

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    I wonder what Lex has planned for Chloe at the mansion? I hope he doesn't try to intimidate her!! Even though she ran away from him she doesn't deserve that!! Thank you so much for the excellent update!! Can't wait for more!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

A/N: There are a references to the events taking place at the beginning of “The Wish” in case you have some confusion.

There were no cars parked in front of the mansion when Chloe arrived, but she figured he had parked in the garage. The cold February wind whipped her hair around and she pulled her jacket tighter around her. She saw lights through the stained glass that ran up either side of the door. When she tried it, she found it unlocked.

Surprising warmth greeted Chloe as she stepped inside the entrance hall. A fire was blazing nearby and the marble floor in front of her had been freshly cleaned; she could still detect the scent of cleaning products in the air. When she glanced in the nearest door, she saw that the furniture in the front room was still covered, so she guessed that most of the house was remaining unused.

Chloe unbuttoned her long coat and hung it by the door. She drew back her shoulders and brushed her hair off her face before heading for the stairs. There was no rose on the floor like she remembered from high school, and no note, but she knew where to go and placed one hand on the freshly polished banister and made her way up the stairs. She didn’t try to walk softly; it would be futile to sneak up on a Luthor in his own house. When she reached the top of the stairs, the door to the study was closed. She remembered that Lionel had been in there, monitoring her actions with the help of his assistant during his blindness.

The door at the end of the hall stood slightly ajar, and music played loudly, a familiar tune reaching Chloe’s ears. It wasn’t the same song Lex had played a few years earlier, it was Nickelback’s “Figured you out”. She listened to the words with a wry grin on her face.

I like your pants around your feet
    I like the dirt that's on your knees
    And I like the way you still say please
    While you're looking up at me
    You're like my favourite damn disease

It was hardly a romantic tune. But it seemed appropriate. She listened as she walked toward the door

And I love the places that we go
    And I love the people that you know
    And I love the way you can't say no
    Too many long lines in a row
    I love the powder on your nose

Ooooh
    And now I know who you are
    It wasn't that hard
    Just to figure you out
    It wasn't that hard
    Just to figure you out

Lex was feeling a little hostile.

Chloe pushed the door open wide and walked in, she didn’t bother waiting for him to invite her. Another fire crackled in the hearth in here and Chloe was glad she’d left her coat downstairs. It was spotlessly clean in the bedroom, and the bed was tidy, though different than she remembered. It’s sheets and comforter weren’t black now. The comforter was a pale, silver-gray and the sheets were light blue. There were thick, sheepskin rugs scattered on the immense floor and afternoon light poured in the windows.

One thing was the same; there was champagne again. An ice bucket sat on the top of a small table. Two glasses sat beside it. Chloe didn’t acknowledge Lex, who was standing by the fire, watching her. She let him get an eyeful. She knew she looked good. She wore a white, cropped, fitted jacket that ended just above her navel. It was embroidered satin and had a long train attached to the back and sides made of sheer, white fabric. She had a matching skirt that was cut to flow with the train and rested low on her hips.

I like the freckles on your chest
    And I like the way you like me best
    And I like the way you're not impressed,
    While you put me to the test
    I like the wine stains on your dress

“You wore white?”

“It seemed appropriate.”

“Where did you get the outfit?”

“A friend of mine in college was majoring in costume design. She made it after I did a few articles praising her work in some musicals.”

“You look stunning.”

“Thank you.” Lex, himself, was dressed in jeans and a sweater. She’d rarely seen him in anything so informal. “You look good in jeans.”

“I’m glad I didn’t have to go looking for you.”

“I think you might enjoy the chase.”

“Is that why you ran?” he asked. “To see if I’d chase you?” He walked over to the table and popped the cork on the bottle. It was Dom, of course.

“No, I wanted some time to decompress, some time away from you to think. And you tend to be good at busting in on me at bath time, sleep time, and every other time I have to myself so I just wanted to slow you down.” Her tone wasn’t unkind, or angry, but a little cool.

And I love the way you pass the check
    And I love the good times that you wreck
    And I love your lack of self respect
    While you're passed out on the deck
    I love my hands around your neck

It wasn't that hard
    Just to figure you out
    It wasn't that hard
    Just to figure you out

“You slashed my tires,” he said. “That goes a little beyond slowing down.”

“Okay, so my methods were a little thuggish,” she admitted with a shrug, removing her jacket. “But I didn’t have time to wait for them to deflate.”

“You could have just taken the keys.”

“I couldn’t be sure you didn’t have spares.”

“I could have flown.”

“I know, but I thought you’d get my message.”

“I did, loud and clear: Come and get me!” He crossed the room and handed her a flute. She accepted it and raised it to him. He clinked the rim with hers and waited while she took a sip.

“So this is about a challenge?”

“No, Chloe, this is about talking things out. We skipped that last night and a lot of things are unresolved.”

“You’re right about that, Lex.” She took her jacket and walked to a chair where she draped it. Underneath, she’d worn a little, sleeveless top with a mandarin collar with satin buttons running up the back. “I should’ve walked away last night.”

“Then where would we be?”

“I don’t know, but I know I’d feel a little less emotionally bruised.” She took another sip of the champagne and walked back toward the fire.

“Are you sorry about what happened?” he asked. Walking up behind her. “In my office and then at the penthouse?”

“I’m sorry about how it happened and where, and when.” She paused. “And why.”

“Are you angry with me?”

“I think that may be the stupidest thing you’ve ever asked me.” She didn’t raise her voice, she just finished her glass and handed it back to him. “We haven’t resolved anything that we’ve been fighting about. Sex doesn’t solve problems, especially between a boss and employee.”

“I take that as a yes.”

“Definitely a yes.”

“I’m not sorry it happened,” he said. “Maybe a little about the timing, but otherwise it was exactly what I thought it would be.”

“In your office, against a wall, post-hooker blowjob?” Chloe pushed away from the fireplace and squeezed her hands into fists. She paced back and forth between the fire and the window. “Lex, any connections we’d made before last night, and any trust that you’d built up is gone.”

“You enjoyed it.” He struck out, defensively. “I know you did. Then you chose to come back to the penthouse so we could fuck like animals again.” Chloe kept herself still. She smiled at him, but her voice was devoid of any warmth.

“Oh, yes. Thank you for the orgasms, I was really tense.” He stared at her angrily. “And the oral sex, man you’re really good at it. I haven’t had a man throw me down and lick me silly in a long time.” Lex opened his mouth but no sound came out for a moment. “Try and imagine how you would feel in my position.” She stood squarely in front of him and looked him straight in the eye. “Imagine that there’s someone in your life with whom you have a little bit of a dark history. You think you’ve begun to understand how he works and accept the violations of privacy, the overprotectiveness, the attempts on your life because you’ve associated with him. You think you’ve begun to trust him because he shows you his vulnerabilities. He chooses you to share his problems and tries to be a good man.

Then, you feel guilty because you find out how much he cares about you and you’ve just yelled at him for slipping a little something in your drink. You go to find him because a bright light has gone on and you finally understand the lengths he’s gone to in order to try and keep you safe.” She paused for breath. “You try to do the right thing and apologize, but when you find him, he’s not alone.” Lex looked away from her so she grabbed his chin and tilted it back. “He’s getting serviced in his office by a stranger and he calls out your name.”

“Chloe, you don’t-”

“Don’t say my name. I can’t bear to hear it right now.” She squeezed his chin. “You show me how worried you are about me, you tell me you care, you kiss me, you protect me, and leave me feeling confused. But then you get your kicks with a shallow, watery image of me, one who will do or say whatever you want because you can’t handle the real thing.”

A/N: The rest will be up shortly

NS Senior Member Senior Member
    Um. Where's the other half of the chapter? You can't end it just as they're getting to the epiphany!!

Anyway I loved it so far, especially the subtle irony with Lex thinking he's got Chloe all figured out, and then having Chloe herself prove that she's got Lex's actions and motivations down pat.

Update soon! Like, -now- would be good.

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar
    :yay: Great update but you stopped just as it was getting really good. More soon please.

p.s. Go Chloe!!!!!
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EEEEEEK!!!!! i left my disc at work, in the computer!!!! AHHHHGH, I didn't encode the file because I use two different programs. If anyone opens that file, they'll read the story and my guilty pleasure will be revealed. *Squeal of distress* And I just had three glasses of champagne so I can't drive!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information