+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Play NC17*Completed*

"You took over Baxter Software?"

"If it makes you feel any better, it was a really hostile takeover and your bosses didn't want to let it go without a fight."

"You just put me out of a job, Lex." Chloe was starting to shake. "A company that doesn't exist doesn't need a PR rep."

"I'm surprised you didn't have any idea of what was going on."

"I've been working like mad on the press releases for the new software that they've developed," she said, defensively. "You son of a Bitch!" She pounded her fist on the bar. "I can't believe you asked me here to confess so you could clear your conscience and all the time you knew that I'm getting let go on Monday."

"You were underappreciated," he said quietly. "Your talents were wasted and you were underpaid."

"Everyone underappreciates me!" she practically shouted. "I'm used to it." Then she narrowed her eyes at him. "How do you know how much I make?"

"I do my research." He placed a hand over her fist to keep her from slamming it down on the bar again. "I appreciate you. I understand your worth better than most."

"You're not making me feel any better."

"I have an offer to make you, if you'd just listen." He squeezed her hand but she jerked it out of his grasp.

"I don't want to hear your offers, I liked my old job and I wasn't looking to do anything else right away."

"I like what you do for me. Here," he said, nodding to his office.

"Maybe that's not what I want to do!" Chloe's face was getting red and she was coming close to blowing up like the champagne cork. "Maybe I just wanted tonight to end like any other Friday night! Drinks with the girls, gossip and home. Maybe I wanted the weeks to continue like that for a few more years."

"I think you'll be happier with what I'm offering."

"I think you don't really understand how you've disrupted my life...again!" She threw her hands up in the air and spun around. "Why do I feel any sympathy for you at all?" she asked the high ceiling. "Why do I continue this friendship.? Why do I listen to your guilt?" Then she turned to face him. "I was pretty happy with my apartment, my job, and a little bit of social life, Lex. For the first time in a long time, I was content."

"I have a better offer."

"I don't have time for your 'offers' she snapped, planting her palms on the bar. "I have to go and figure out how to pay my rent and how I'm going to tell my friends that they'll be out of a job on Monday too."

"I'll pay your rent," he said quickly. "I'll put you in a better place, it'll be a part of our arrangement."

Chloe slapped him so hard that only her anger kept her from making a sound at the pain in her hand.

"Bastard!" She darted around the bar and crashed her shoulder into his midsection without thinking. Lex stumbled back and fell, dropping his glass of scotch. It shattered behind him and he landed on his rear. Chloe charged forward and planted her foot in the middle of his chest. her eyes were wide with rage. "You put me out of work and expect me to be your mistress?"

"Damn it, Chloe!" Lex fastened his hand around her ankle and held her foot immobile. "That's not what I'm offering you."

"Then what?" she snapped. "Because I can't imagine that you want me to do Lexcorp's press releases."

"That isn't what I want."

"What do you want?"

Lex looked up at her silently for a few moments, then he tightened his grasp on her ankle. His words surprised her.

"I want you to hurt me." He pressed the heel of her shoe into his chest. "I want you to get as angry as you want because I took over the company you work for. I want you to scream at me on behalf of the girl who had to take money from me. I can't stand being surrounded by people who encourage me to be the heartless business man I'm getting better at being every day." He twisted her foot slightly. "When my father was around, I could convince myself that there was always someone worse out there than me."

"And now?"

"I'm finding it harder to come up with other people who are worse."

Chloe planted her hands on her hips.

"Are you telling me that you need your own, personal Jiminy Crickett?" He shrugged. "What do you want me to do? Do you want me to follow you around and wag my finger at you every day if you do something mean?"

"No, I want you to be politically incorrect, inconsiderate of my feelings and I want you to tell me the truth."

"There are more honest people than me out there."

"But I need you."

"Why me?" She narrowed her eyes at him. "You call me from time to time to unload your burdens to a girl who had aspirations at publishing the stories no one else could get, but you tell me things any reporter would kill for."

"Because I trust you."

"Why?"

"Because you wrenched my deepest, darkest moments from me and you remained my friend."

"Are you talking about that night in your room?" She was a little pale. "You didn't hurt me, you just wanted to trick your father."

"You're trying to convince yourself that I never would have hurt you."

"You told Clark that you couldn't hurt me."

"He knows better, and so did you. Even then."

Chloe remembered how she'd felt when Lex had been holding her down on his bed in an elaborate ruse to fool his father into thinking he was without conscience. There had been a moment when things had turned around. He'd been pressing his erection against her body and fondling her with his hands, bruising her too. Then he'd stopped for just a moment and stared at her before letting her get away from him. After he'd told her that everything had been a plan, she'd trusted him. She'd actually trusted him more afterward than she had before. It had been that moment, in retrospect, that had convinced her.

Lex's actions had all been controlled and planned, she understood that, but in the moment that he'd looked down at her face, she'd seen the possibilities. The way the night could have ended. He'd thought about it. He could've gotten away with it and she'd have been emotionally wrecked. She'd also seen the decision not to be that man. Not to be the monster and he'd let her go. The farce had continued briefly before he'd actually admitted it to her, but she'd thought about that moment later on and realized what it had meant.

"You wanted to do it." Her voice was soft.

"No, I didn't want to hurt you, that wasn't in my plan. It's just-" he turned away and pressed his lips together, then he ground her heel against his chest again, gritting his teeth at the pain. She didn't try to stop him. "When everything was going according to plan, and I was touching you, for just a second, the thought occurred to me. You know I was physically excited from our position; I knew that was going to happen, but I didn't even think about it until that moment. That I'd wanted you."

"But you didn't do it."

"I didn't do it."

"And that's probably why I had faith in you."

They both were silent. Lex turned back in her direction, then he cocked his head slightly and looked up at her in surprise.

"You're not wearing panties."

Chloe shrieked with renewed anger and kicked him backwards. He landed on a piece of broken glass that poked through his shirt and into his shoulder.

"Asshole." she stalked away and picked up the bottle of Dom from the bar. She headed for the door and he called out to her.

"So is that a yes?" She stuck up her middle finger at him without turning around and scooped up her purse from the table. He stood up and watched her stalk out of the office. As she disappeared around the corner she was swigging the champagne straight from the bottle. It was definitely a yes.
    Last edited by zelda; 20th May 2005 at 06:48. Reason: grammar

ChLex Schadenfreude Senior Member crankychick's Avatar
    Judo chop! :biggrin: I love it when the Chloe and Lex light the verbal fireworks. :chlexsign4:

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    I can't believe that Chloe is actually going to work for him!! Lex had better realize how lucky he is!! Thank you so much for the new story!! I can't wait to find out how their working relationship goes!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!
    Originally posted by zelda@Dec 4 2004, 08:49 PM

Lex looked up at her silently for a few moments, then he tightened his grasp on her ankle. His words surprised her.
    "I want you to hurt me." He pressed the heel of her shoe into his chest.
    hmy:

Is it terrible that I went to a very dirty place with that line?

Bravo! I'm loving the Lex abuse by Chloe. He really deserves it.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

NS Senior Member Senior Member Béatrice's Avatar
    Fabolous!!! :biggrin: I so looooove this. Their fight. The fact that Chloe is going to work form him... I can't wait to read more. :yay2:

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar
    Is it terrible that I went to a very dirty place with that line?*
    OMG nonky!! Thank goodness I wasn't the only one with my mind in the gutter after reading that line. That was a nice confrontation, can't wait to see how their 'working' relationship progresses.
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Oh my God this is so good. :lol: Go Chloe!!!! :clap:

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Full Member
    I LOVE THIS!!! it's a very nice sequel... altho, i'm a lil surprised that lex and chloe aren't together already. but nonetheless, it's very intriguing and fast paced, which i like very much.. i love how feisty chloe is in this one... and how lex kinda takes it. lol. anyways UPDATE SOOOOON~ :chlexsign1:

estrellalily
    Just a Guest!
    man do i know how chloe feels!! more please, wit smut, lots of it.

update soon plase :

~estrellalily

P.S. Smutty, smutty, smut, smut!!

lexodus
    Just a Guest!
    Originally posted by zelda@Dec 4 2004, 08:49 PM
    "But you didn't do it."
    "I didn't do it."
    "And that's probably why I had faith in you."
    They both were silent. Lex turned back in her direction, then he cocked his head slightly and looked up at her in surprise.
    "You're not wearing panties."
    So serious, then BAM! :lol:

That is so like Lex. I can't wait to see where this goes.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information