+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Power Play NC17*Completed*

NS Senior Member Senior Member sydsvaughn's Avatar
    There's nothing more I love than Chloe taking care of Lex and vice versa.

Please, update soon!

SaraC

The first thing that Lex felt, upon waking, was skin. Bare skin, slightly cool, resting on his shoulder. The skin was on a slender arm that was carelessly draped over him. Then he felt the slight tickle of breath against his back, then bare toes against his calf. After his initial thoughts of escape, he remembered where he was. Chloe’s bed. So that meant it was Chloe’s arm, and Chloe’s breath, and Chloe’s surprisingly sharp toenail digging into him. He moved his leg slightly.
    “Hmmmph.” The noise came from behind Lex and he felt steady pressure on the back of his shoulder blade. It was her forehead. Chloe was sleeping against his back with her face resting against him. He smiled and stretched carefully. She moved and flopped onto her back. He turned to look at her but she was already smushing the pillow against her face. She was still sleeping soundly and oblivious to him. He rolled onto his other side and looked at her. He could only see half of her face, which was slightly marred by pillow wrinkles.
    Moving carefully, so not to disturb his sleeping companion, Lex pressed carefully closer to her. She moved onto her side and turned her back to him, which disappointed him for a moment until she made a backward scuttle to reclaim his warmth. Chloe Sullivan was a sleep nomad. Moving instinctively, unconsciously to the most comfortable sleeping positions and spots. Generally, sleep nomads were difficult to share a bed with in Lex’s experience, mainly because they were notorious pillow and blanket thieves. Knowing this about Chloe amused him. She shifted slightly and Lex stopped being amused.
    Chloe’s bottom had found a niche to settle into. That niche, unfortunately, was her employer’s pelvis. Lex’s already-present morning wood came to full attention with speed that would put the most disciplined soldier to shame. Shit.
    Lex knew he would need to move soon before this became embarrassing. But briefly, before Chloe woke, Lex leaned close and put his arm around her. He held her, like she’d held him the previous night, and enjoyed her closeness; the illusion of intimacy that their positions afforded him. She stretched then, and arched her back indicating her impending awakening. The cleft of her bottom, clad in only her cotton pajama bottoms, pressed right against his erection. He throbbed in response to her. Lex squeezed his eyes shut and gave in to one, gentle, push against the pressure before rolling away from her and off the bed.
    Chloe woke, cool. She absently pulled the covers closer and blinked at the dreary winter morning. She’d been having a pleasant dream, the kind that was more filled with sensation than image. She turned over when she heard the shower turn on in her bathroom. Suddenly she remembered the previous night. Lex. She looked at the clock. It was almost Eight Thirty. She’d slept much longer than she’d intended, but felt really refreshed. She got out of bed and slid her feet into her slippers. Then she turned up the thermostat a few degrees before heading out to the kitchen to make coffee.
    “You look rested for once.” Chloe said it, glancing up from her cup of coffee and the morning news.
    “Now I know what all the fuss is about,” Lex said with a small smile. “I thought sleeping was for losers.”
    “You’ll be an addict now.”
    “Speaking of addictions…” he trailed off. Chloe pointed to where her collection of coffee cups hung from hooks under her cupboards. Lex poured himself a healthy dose of caffeine. “I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t working before seven AM.”
    “Feel decadent?”
    “Almost.” He nodded to the television. “Anything happening in the world?”
    “Wouldn’t know. All I’m hearing about is Superman.”
    “More sightings?” Lex sat beside her on the couch and began putting on his shoes. Chloe fought back the slight disappointment and nodded.
    “He single-handedly captured a bunch of criminals performing various crimes ranging from petty misdemeanors to potential felonies.”
    “Equal opportunity hero.”
    “No crime to big or too small.” They sat in silence until the commercial break.
    “Are you coming to the office today?” Lex asked, getting up and bringing his coffee cup to the sink.
    “Not until later, but I’ll be staying late. I don’t want an audience when I draw up a couple of plans.” She leaned back and tilted her head in order to see him. “I’m calling a friend of mine whose sister is a decorator. Most of the stuff here is nice, but I’m having the bathroom re-done.”
    “I’m sorry about that, Chloe.”
    “Forget it.” She shrugged and returned to her coffee cup. Lex was uncertain how to end their conversation. He didn’t need to say “I’ll call you” or “I had a good time”. He didn’t even need to ask when he could come back. The knowledge that he could come here anytime and be with her gave him another illusion. Power.
    “Stop in when you do get to work. I have tax forms that I didn’t want everyone in Human Resources to see.”
    “Okay.” Lex took his leave and Chloe took her turn in the shower. She thought about the bathroom and how she would change it. The walls were pale blue and she wanted something darker. The blinds at the window were fine, but the floaty, sheer, shower curtains would have to go. It was so utterly romantic in here that all Chloe could think about is how Lana would love it. She called her friend, Gina, who gave her the decorator’s number. She explained her situation and that she was just looking to go through some catalogues since everything had been professionally done, she didn’t want her bathroom to look amateurish.
    Gina’s sister, Beverly, spoke to her briefly and agreed to send over one of her assistants with a few catalogues and suggestions. It usually took more time to get a home visit, but she told Chloe that Gina had been grateful for her warning about the buyout at Baxter. Chloe felt a little guilty and admitted that she’d been hired by Lex. Beverly didn’t seem bothered by this and told her that a couple of the other companies that developed software had been able to come up with some open positions and Gina was now working for one of them.
    At around Noon, Chloe buzzed in a young woman named Clarissa. She came bearing a bag with several heavy catalogues in them. Before she opened one, she asked Chloe how she felt about the current décor.
    “I like a lot of the things that the team did, considering the fact that they have no idea who I am. It is contemporary without being cold, but the bathroom is a little girly for my taste. I’m not a romantic.”
    Clarissa walked through with her and refrained form making any comments.
    “Is it just the bathroom then?” she asked, when she’d seen everything.
    “Now you mention it, there are probably a few things I might change about the place, but for now, just the bathroom.”
    “Tell me about the bathroom you’d want if you could have anything?”
    “A bathroom I can relax in,” Chloe began. Then she closed her eyes and tried to picture it. “Steamy, warm, smells like lit candles, a little dark, maybe some darker colors, I guess. But comfortable”
    “If you don’t mind my saying so,” Clarissa began. “This bathroom says ‘romance’, you want one that says ‘Sex’.”
    “What makes you say that?”
    “The kimono,” she said, pointing to the dark robe. "The candles, the empty wineglass, and the radio.”
    “That says ‘Sex’?” Chloe asked, scratching her head. “I kinda thought it said, ‘Potential alcoholic who’s far to lonely and needs a man’.”
    “That means sexy.”
    “Okay, Sexy it is.”
    “Sexy it will be.”

Author's note:
    Yeah yeah, ending with a bunch of boring stuff about the bathroom, but it will be worth it later.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    Originally posted by zelda@Dec 11 2004, 10:24 AM

“If you don’t mind my saying so,” Clarissa began. “This bathroom says ‘romance’, you want one that says ‘Sex’.”
    “What makes you say that?”
    “The kimono,” she said, pointing to the dark robe, the candles, the empty wineglass, and the radio.”
    “That says ‘Sex’?” Chloe asked, scratching her head. “I kinda thought it said, ‘Potential alcoholic who’s far to lonely and needs a man’.”
    I must be odd!! You had Chloe and Lex together in bed, yet this was my favorite part of the whole chapter!! Not that I'm not going to want more Chlex romance soon!! Thanks for the update!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar
    :biggrin: Great update. I really liked Lex watching her sleep and then his........... 'reaction' to her closeness. More soon please.
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Coming next...slightyl longer chapter with a few surprises. Unless everyone figures stuff out before the end of the chappie. I'll keep my foreshadowing to a minimum.

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar
    :yay: :yay: *watches post eagerly for signs of upcoming update.!!*
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love morning Chlex

Great update, I'm patiently waiting for the next time they meet.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    More please that was nice.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

I am soooo not an addict tiger04's Avatar
    Thanks for the wonderful update. i really liked the part with lex waking up with chloe. Please update with more soon

AT

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!
    Originally posted by buddyfozzy@Dec 11 2004, 04:52 PM
    I love morning Chlex

Ditto.

And please log my vote for sexy bathroom that compliments a naked billionaire. Because I suspect Lex Luthor is going to end up in a bath at Chloe's place soon enough. :applause:
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information