+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Shameless Upon Waking, NC-17

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!

Shameless Upon Waking, NC-17

Shameless Upon Waking
    NC-17 Fanfiction

SPOILER WARNING: Spoilers up to Scare in Season 4.

Disclaimer: Smallville, the characters therein, and all affiliated copyrighted materials are owned by the WB. This is a work of fanfiction not intended for profit or infringement, only for the pleasure of fans of the series.

Distribution: I have posted these stories and have control of them on this site. I don't want them to be posted anywhere else unless I'm the one posting them. Please take down my stories if you have them posted on another archive site. I understand I can't stop you from doing this but I hope by asking politely you'll respect my work and my wishes. If anyone has more comfort and convenience saving the text of a story to their own computer, I have no problem with that.

A/N: Post-Bound and Scare, Chloe and Lex cope with prying eyes in The Talon and the aftermath of my favourite episode yet. Greatest fears, secret lovers and the return of Lionel. Hopefully at least one more part up tonight.

Shameless Upon Waking
    Part One

He hesitated in the dim service corridor, his eyes finally registering the person in front of him as real.

Dammit, I should have known.

”Chloe, are you crazy!? There’s been a chemical spill and you have to leave. Clark should already be outside,” he said sternly to the blond huddled in the doorway.

They were going to put her in that room forever and never let her out. She would be there, alone, forever because she was never going to get well. The man would keep her there and tie her up and make sure she never saw another sane face.

She whimpered and it wasn’t a nice sound, not even as nice as the mocking snickers he sometimes received from his lover. He didn’t have time to figure out what was wrong, but he could get her to safety.

“I’m sorry. I don’t have time. I don’t care if you’re investigating, it’s dangerous here. I’ll walk you to the exit.”

Lex moved forward and was startled when she dropped down to the floor, gasping. Her fingernails were digging into her elbows, her arms crossed tightly across her chest. Sweat was beading on her forehead and when he got closer her realized she was desperately pale except for two feverish patches of flushed skin on the apples of her cheeks.

His heart dropped and started to ache. She was infected.

“Chloe, Chloe! Stay with me. Shit! Stay awake.” He fumbled for his cellphone and found there was no signal. He would have to get her up to a higher level.

She let him lift her to her feet and hold her to his body, but she stubbornly clung to the wall. Lex slid her arms around his neck and felt the familiarity take over as her fingers ran over his bare scalp.

“Lex . . . “ Her voice was soft and frightened, but cognizant. He grasped her tighter and she pushed herself into his body. She was starting to shake violently, but managed to pull herself away far enough to tilt her face to his.

Chloe didn’t know how or why Lex had arrived in her dream, but he was there and the fear was afraid of him. His broad shoulders and beautiful anger would protect her from it.

She pressed a kiss to the corner of his mouth, the smirking corner that always lifted up in amusement about two seconds before the other corner could catch up. He didn’t move his mouth over to push his tongue into hers, so she did it for him, enjoying the heat of his breath. She knew people thought he was cold but he was exactly the opposite. He was fire so hot it didn’t have a colour, a dragon to protect her. He could breathe fire on her skin so gently it would never hurt, just warm her from the inside out.

“Chloe, stop.” He pulled back from her and held her by the shoulders when she tried to kiss him again, giving her a small shake that didn’t seem to register. She was slipping away and her eyes were getting darker with the coma devouring her. “Come on, you have to go to the hospital.”

She was dying, just like -

Lex snarled at the thought and gripped Chloe closer. Her arms and legs were bending randomly and she was slumping bonelessly, about to fall to the floor, when the word broke through the exhaustion pounding her body.

Hospital . . . no escape . . . alone forever . . . Mom . . . hospital . . .

Chloe bolted unexpectedly, so fast Lex nearly lost his footing on the cement floor. He took off after her but she was weaving wildly, knocking into walls and sobbing so loud there was no chance of losing her.

He was breathing heavily and trying not to slip on his dress shoes when the cart carrying Clark and the security guard pulled up and blocked her path. Lex leaned on the wall and stayed there, watching with envy as Clark gathered up Chloe’s small frame and sat back down, holding her in his lap. He didn’t miss the look of fearful devotion on the boy’s face. He hated it, wanted to take her back and be the hero for her. It hurt all over again to see that it wasn’t meant to be.

Lex stayed in the shadows where he belonged, and Clark took Chloe out into the light. The best thing he could do for her was to get back to the lab and get the antidote ready. It was the only thing he could do after dooming his workers.

He acknowledged silently that it always came down to being cold and guilty in the dark for him anyway.
    Last edited by nonky; 18th July 2008 at 06:18.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

lexodus
    Just a Guest!
    Goodie. I practically live for your post-eps, although Scare was pretty awesome except the Chlexlessness. I can't wait for the next part.

ChLex Schadenfreude Senior Member crankychick's Avatar
    :applause: Nice! It would have been great to have Lex rescue the swooing Chloe.

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar
    well crappity doo dah...is that even a word? probably not.

and yay!!!!!

post eppie eppie

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    Wow!! I love the beginning of this story!! I like how even in her dreamlike state Chloe realizes that Lex is the only one who can save her from the nightmare!! I can't wait to read more!! :worship2: :chlexsign4: :worship2:

NS Senior Member Senior Member sydsvaughn's Avatar
    oooh... please post more, I love the idea of Lex being the only one to break through Chloe's 'scare.'

I'm so getting addicted to your post 'eppies!

SaraC

Oooh, angsty. This is great, I'm really enjoying it so far!

He acknowledged silently that it always came down to being cold and guilty in the dark for him anyway.
    <Sobs into her pillow>

I&#39;m so getting addicted to your post &#39;eppies&#33;

SaraC
    Same here. I need my fix, man. :yay:

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    I love this. :clap:

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!
    Shameless Upon Waking
    NC-17 Fanfiction

SPOILER WARNING: Spoilers up to Scare in Season 4.

Disclaimer: Smallville, the characters therein, and all affiliated copyrighted materials are owned by the WB. This is a work of fanfiction not intended for profit or infringement, only for the pleasure of fans of the series.

A/N: Post-Bound and Scare, Chloe and Lex cope with prying eyes in The Talon and the aftermath of my favourite episode yet. Greatest fears, secret lovers and the return of Lionel. I’m calling this at least a six-parter and yes, there will be smut. But not this chapter.

Part Two

“Hey, Lex.”

Chloe Sullivan’s casual greeting blew any shot Lex had of getting in and out of the coffee shop without cold stares, and he sighed inwardly.

He adored her, but she just wouldn’t let him do what needed to be done. People were taking the payoffs he was doling out, but they were less than forgiving about the chemical spill. No one wanted him around and he was trying to oblige.

Except for his girlfriend of course. She insisted on putting up with him no matter what he did, and if he ever found a way to express that kind of gratitude with physical objects she would probably end up with a life-size emerald elephant in the backyard . . . of her solid platinum palace.

And then, thankfully, she would beat him until he took it back and gave her a new laptop instead.

“Chloe,” he said, voice a little taut as eyes around the room flickered to them, hearing the familiarity. It irritated him that being on a first name basis with a woman was considered half the proof of a sexual relationship between them, even if it was true in her case. So much so that if it wasn’t the title his father had used to threaten her, Chloe would have been addressed as Miss Sullivan.

She seemed to be slightly put off by the tone, but kept her smile going. It was a real one, although a much milder version than the gleaming flash of teeth that she was famous for.

“You’re welcome to join me if you’ve got the time,” she said, no subtext behind the words that he could hear.

It was a nice change and Lex debated the harm in a quick visit. He had the time but it was a weeknight and almost every table was occupied. There were a lot of people to take note of a recently perp-walked billionaire pariah eschewing an empty table of his own in order to share one with a young woman. Especially a young woman who should have every reluctance to be anywhere near a Luthor.

“I should . . . “ He trailed off as her expression fell into a hint of disappointment.

He liked her and that was the best reason why he shouldn’t sit with her. It was such a difficult thing to ignore her publicly and call it a relationship, and he knew he was very lucky she was so reasonable about drugged sex with a homicidal brunette.

“No worries,” Chloe said, and the smile returned quickly. “I’m sure you’re busy with the plant.”

He knew she had called numerous times after the chemical spill, only to be rebuffed by his PR staff. She didn’t call him personally for business matters, and his cell phone didn’t get a signal in the lower levels of the plant anyway. He didn’t know if she remembered meeting him in the plant, or if Clark had told her about what he knew. Somehow Lex doubted it.

He had seen her only briefly, in the hospital. She had been sleeping normally, recovering from the poison, and her father had left the room for a few minutes. Lex had snuck in to brush his fingertips across her hand and feel her pulse, looking at her face to enjoy the healthy colour. Although he was too wise to mention the hated colour, she was just slightly pink all over her body, her lips and cheeks always rosy. When she felt ill or tired or worried the pink turned to gray and he worried about her.

“Actually, I can stay for half an hour or so,” he said. “Things are getting back under control.”

Chloe’s pleased smile almost blinded him to the heads turned toward them and Lex took off his coat and draped it over a chair.

He could feel the eyes on him as he walked up to the counter. Even Martha Kent’s smile and greeting were lukewarm. LuthorCorp was the enemy once again.

Screw them. He’d done the right thing this time, even if it was too late to help some of the people who had been infected. He’d done the right thing and he was going to have coffee with someone who believed that about him.

Lex picked up his cup and returned to Chloe’s table, sitting in the seat next to her instead of across the table. He deserved a little bit of pleasure for all the misery of this week. It would be months before things at the plant would be back to normal, and he would never forget the people who had died because of his company.

But he was a Luthor, and any tears he shed would be in private. Today was about strength of character and damage control. He wasn’t about to destabilize LuthorCorp and put people out of jobs just to satisfy their need to look down on him.

His convictions were helped significantly by Chloe’s pleasure in his company. It was almost enough to make him ignore the gawkers.

Two such gawkers were walking their way, a cheerleader and her jock boyfriend, doing the most obvious staring Lex had seen since the last time he’d been in a room with Clark and Lana. The couple veered slightly too close for comfort by the table, still staring in that blankly derisive way. He looked to Chloe and saw she was holding the hostile looks with her own mildly quizzical expression.

“Do I have a huge glob of whipped cream on my face,” she asked in a dry tone, making eye contact pointedly with Lex and dismissing the nosy couple.

He took a long sip of coffee and shrugged gracefully. If Chloe wanted to pretend it was okay he’d go along with it.

“No, but you do have a Luthor at your table, and that’s typically a poor reflection on most people.”

A tiny smirk appeared and she nodded agreeably. “I’m the calendar girl for that particular situation. I’m still standing. I just forgot to wear my ‘Property of LuthorCorp Snoop Division’ t-shirt. You know, they say purple and red can’t be worn together, but when you put my scarlet letter next to the logo it looks okay.”

She never stopped with the witty repartee, even when he was trying to warn her off. It was occasionally irritating, but most of the time it was a measure of how much she was willing to put into their relationship.

Chloe Sullivan didn’t attend pity parties for anyone but him.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

I really love this title, "Shameless Upon Waking."

Anyway, I loved Chloe&#39;s complete disregard for her fellow townsfolk. It was an accident and Lex was willing to sacrifice himself to save them. I&#39;m glad she&#39;s going to stand by her man.

Your writing is absolutely amazing and I look forward to future parts. With smut&#33; Smut, smut, smut, smut, smut, smut, smut, smut, smut, smut&#33;

It was such a difficult thing to ignore her publicly and call it a relationship, and he knew he was very lucky she was so reasonable about drugged sex with a homicidal brunette.
    Question: Wasn&#39;t Lex drugged after he had sex with the homicidal brunette? Or are you making this story a little AU? Chloe&#39;s great, but I don&#39;t know if she&#39;d stay with a man that cheated on her when he was sober or tipsy. Can Lex even get drunk anymore? He drinks all the time.

Keep it up&#33;

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information