+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shameless Upon Waking, NC-17

Keep 'em coming!

Members
    Beautiful. Truely beautiful. Update soon. Add smut please!!!

:chlexsign4: Chlexy, Chlexy, Extra Sexy!!

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!
    Shameless Upon Waking
    NC-17 Fanfiction

SPOILER WARNING: Spoilers up to Scare in Season 4.

Disclaimer: Smallville, the characters therein, and all affiliated copyrighted materials are owned by the WB. This is a work of fanfiction not intended for profit or infringement, only for the pleasure of fans of the series.

A/N: Post-Bound and Scare, Chloe and Lex cope with prying eyes in The Talon and the aftermath of my favourite episode yet. Greatest fears, secret lovers and the return of Lionel.

Chapter Five

The bodyguard watching Chloe had sounded strained as he related the address of the apartment building she had just entered. Lex had tried to rationalize it for all of ten minutes, then gotten into his car and driven there. It was in Pleasant Meadows, the LuthorCorp subdivision mostly housing company employees.

Her car was parked next to a mid-range sedan and Lex looked around after confirming the license plate. He owned all of this little suburb where so many families lived. He understood it financially and logistically, but it might as well have been a set for a science fiction movie for all the emotional understanding he felt. Normal family life was something he didn’t remember, perhaps had never experienced.

It was a Friday night and he was curious why she hadn’t called him. There was no way to justify that juvenile need and he wasn’t even going to try. He was needy and irrational, and too busy to worry about it. He’d turned on the GPS tracker in her watch and found it sitting idle on the tiny blip of her father’s house.

Stopping by there wasn’t an option, so Lex called the guard and found where she was. But his success in tracking her down posed a number of different problems. It didn’t tell him which apartment she was in or why she was there. It wouldn’t tell him if she was alone.

He didn’t need any electronic surveillance to tell him she might not be happy to see him. Chloe didn’t let him get away with anything, and ‘just stopping by to check on my investment’ wouldn’t hold water. If she saw him here she would know he had followed her.

I’ve become the creepy cradle-robbing psycho everyone expected, he thought with a sigh. She has her own life and every right to it, and I’m going to just drive away and chalk this up to another bout of insanity.

He was going to start the car again when he saw it. The unmistakable flash of blond hair through the glass doors of the tiny lobby. Chloe.

His moral stand fell just as quickly as it had formed. She made him crazy and he wasn’t fool enough to deny it. He’d grovel all he had to later, even if it meant giving her an interview she could print.

Lex dropped lower in the bucket seat of his conspicuous car, thankful he had taken the black BMW instead of one of his beloved sports cars. Driving a quarter million dollars worth of cherry red car tended to announce your presence as effectively as a parade.

She was carrying something large and he squinted. It was a child, a boy with dark hair. He was almost half her size, probably about five years old. Chloe was balancing him with ease on one hip, little arms wrapped around her neck as she walked down the last few stairs from an upper floor of the building.

Her lips were moving in smiling chatter and Lex found himself smiling, too. She was well-liked by just about everyone and he was proud of her for that. Her innate goodness shone through and won people over when she wasn’t even trying.

Then the man coming down the stairs behind her became visible. Chloe had moved off to one side of the small lobby and he stepped down behind her and in close. Tall, fit, dark hair, mid-twenties, the man was handsome as Lex understood the overall definition. Average in most ways, he was wearing a suit and tie with a winter jacket. A briefcase was in his left hand, but his right came up to rub the boy’s back fondly.

Chloe’s eyes were on the man now, smiling just as brightly, chattering just as happily. He saw the words form on her lips as she looked at the man but apparently spoke to the boy. Lip-reading it was fairly easy.

‘Say goodbye to daddy.’

The boy’s matching dark hair blended with his father’s as the man leaned in and gave him a kiss. One small hand reached out and touched the collar of his jacket and the man laughed. He put down his briefcase and nodded, zipping the coat up warmly; obeying his son’s suggestion.

In order to embrace the boy the man had leaned his chest into Chloe’s side, and she had smiled at the exchange of casual affection. There was pride in the look and familiarity.

After he picked up the briefcase, the man took a sideways step and was next to her free side. Her face turned up slightly to meet his and Lex’s hands gripped the steering wheel as their faces moved close together. It was unmistakably a kiss, initiated by the man but clearly accepted and welcomed by Chloe. Arching his neck didn’t help him see whether the kiss landed on her cheek or her lips.

A few more cheerful words were said as the man gave another fond pat to his son, then left the building. He walked down the few steps to his car, the sedan next to Chloe’s. She had carried the boy up to the glass door and reversed her grip to hold him seated against her chest. Lex wondered if she was stronger than he thought or just more practiced at carrying the boy around.

They were both looking out and waving as the man backed out of the space. They stayed in the door until his car made the first turn onto another street and was no longer visible.

The analytical parts of his mind tried to slow him down as adrenaline was jump-started by rage. That unnamed man and child owned Chloe in some way, some part of her that was therefore withheld from him. He had kissed her and even now she was caring for his child, taking him back up the stairs into what was no doubt a homey little apartment where they could live a simple life together.

He recognized how groundless his anger was even as it coursed through him, but there was no stopping the jealousy. He didn’t like them touching Chloe, didn’t like either of them having her smiles and kisses and hugs. He was just as jealous of the boy as the man. It wasn’t even sexual or romantic, just poisonous envy turned into a desire for blood.

Who were they to have her so lightly when he was forced to hide her like a sin?

Fuck it, he thought, fuck everyone.

Lex got out of his car and slammed the door, stalking up to the building. He headed upstairs without any idea of which door he would knock upon, his heavy footsteps the only outward measure of his rage. He was halfway down the short hall when a door opened behind him, and he turned around to see the boy once again. He was dressed warmly in a snowsuit and boots, clutching a hat and mittens in one hand puffed out from his encumbered body.

“Hello,” he said in a little boy’s innocence.

He had green eyes, an unusual bottle green, and a bright smile that was used often. Lex found himself wondering a number of things at once in no sensible order. Would Chloe’s children have green eyes and her smile? Would they be happy, carefree and brilliant? Did he have a prayer in being chosen to father them?

The last jarred him out of his thoughts. It had never been a foregone conclusion for him to have children. Lex had no confidence in his parenting abilities and no desire to end up with a son who hated him as much as he hated Lionel. Even with Helen the idea of children was a distant possibility without any real emotion attached to it.

With his barely legal secret girlfriend who was still in high school it was suddenly the clearest priority he had.

Oh, that should put her right into the mood, he thought acidly. I’ll just express my desire to knock her up and she’ll be ready and willing. It’s not like she has major career ambitions or a desire to have a single adult life before she has the responsibilities of family. You’re getting dumber by the day, Luthor.

Lex looked at the boy and wondered if there was time to get past him and outside before Chloe saw him. It was unlikely, and he resigned himself to embarrassment.

“Who are you talking to, James?”

She was wrapping a colourful scarf around her neck when she stepped out of the apartment, and didn’t see Lex for a few seconds. The boy pointed with a chubby fist at the end of a puffy sleeve and she turned toward Lex with a quizzical smile.

“Oh!” Her face fell into confusion and she turned quickly back to the child and started pulling on his hat. “Did you get your friend’s name?”

The boy waggled his entire body in a gesture Lex translated as a shake of his head. “He just got here.”

Chloe’s eyebrow led her eyes to glance at him with mild suspicion. All the while her hands were negotiating the boy’s restless fingers into his mittens, a process that was fascinating Lex and doing nothing to push down yearning thoughts of children.

“Yeah? Well we have to get going, so unless he has anything to say for himself . . . “ There was censure and a hint of amusement in the words and Lex stepped forward to fix his idiocy.

“Where are you going?”

The boy, James, twisted his entire body to look at him and Lex smiled uncertainly. It was all he needed to launch into a loud dissertation of his future plans seemingly up to his retirement.

“We’re going to get hot chocolate because Chloe says I’m too little for coffee, only I wanna try some when I’m big enough because it looks good and she really likes it. But I’ve got to get this many-” he stopped and held up both hands, then frowned at the mittens.

Chloe stopped him from pulling them off and picked him up on her hip. The snowsuit made him slippery and she had to take a few extra seconds to get him balanced.

“Why don’t we get the stranger’s name before we start telling him about ourselves, okay buddy?” She put a light emphasis on ‘stranger’ but Lex couldn’t tell whether it was a dig at his behaviour or a keyword for James.

“Right,” the boy said, the small amount of his face visible around his winter clothes becoming politely serious. “I’m James Ward the second. How do you do?”

His well-padded arm stretched out in what might have been a handshake and Lex decided there was no graceful way out except to take it. He walked up to his bemused girlfriend and took the small hand in a solemn greeting.

“I’m Alexander Luthor the second,” he said. “I’m a friend of Chloe’s.”

The boy’s smile went a long way to keeping her from correcting Lex, and she started walking down the hallway.

I don’t know if friends follow other friends around, she thought, that’s more in the milieux of an obsessive boyfriend without a strong female influence in his upbringing.

She wasn’t pleased he had gone so far to show up there, especially since she knew a security guard watched her whenever she wasn’t at home. He knew she wasn’t in danger so he must be there to check up on her. Lex could be inwardly suspicious as far as she was concerned, but actions to that effect were downright insulting. Sometimes she wondered if he was even capable of trusting a woman.

Lex trailed behind Chloe as she carried the little boy down the stairs and continued out the door without pausing. He was getting a sinking feeling that he would have been better off suffering through the evening alone.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    I hope that Chloe doesn't torture Lex too much!! I love his thoughts of having children with Chloe!! I guess that makes me sick, but as long as he waits I think it's romantic!! Thank you so much for the update!! Can't wait for more!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

I am soooo not an addict tiger04's Avatar
    That was a great update. I like the way that Chloe is dealing with lex. Also love lex thinking about kids. Hope you will update with more soon. :blush:

AT

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar
    Aww Lex is cute, slightly paranoid and obsessive, but cute. Who's the kid though??? More please.
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar
    Amazing. I was totally sucked into Lex's mind: his jealousy, his confusion and his paternal pangs. So psychologically realistic, and convincing, and true.

Some more favorite lines:

He was needy and irrational, and too busy to worry about it.
    and
    I’ve become the creepy cradle-robbing psycho everyone expected, he thought with a sigh.
    and
    That unnamed man and child owned Chloe in some way, some part of her that was therefore withheld from him.
    and (one more)
    Who were they to have her so lightly when he was forced to hide her like a sin?
    Very curious about who the boy is. Update again soon.

ChLex Schadenfreude Senior Member crankychick's Avatar
    If you went evil and started burning down orphanages people would know how to pigeonhole you, but you’re variable with the situation and it pisses them off.
    Damn, that's a good line! I'm so sorry this is nearly the end, because I love the psychological aspect you've put into the Chlex. You've done a great job!
    :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :worship2:

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    :lol: Jealous Lex is funny. Chloe should be a little flattered at least she knows he is thinking about her. :lol:

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar
    I hope Chloe is able to forgive Lex's jealousy!

Wonderful chapter :biggrin:
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information