+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shameless Upon Waking, NC-17

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!
    The Bound drugging is a private theory, because the murderous brunette said something about throwing out the blood test results. If that's the case, and all we have is her word when Lex was drugged, frankly I'm thinking it was much earlier in the night. He looked pretty wonky. And let's not forget the dead brunette was also stalking him, so he had two women dressed identically, waiting to get him alone. If one stalker can use drugs, why not another?
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    I am loving this. Please keep it coming. :clap:

Hope :chlexsign3:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!
    Shameless Upon Waking
    NC-17 Fanfiction

SPOILER WARNING: Spoilers up to Scare in Season 4.

Disclaimer: Smallville, the characters therein, and all affiliated copyrighted materials are owned by the WB. This is a work of fanfiction not intended for profit or infringement, only for the pleasure of fans of the series.

A/N: Post-Bound and Scare, Chloe and Lex cope with prying eyes in The Talon and the aftermath of my favourite episode yet. Greatest fears, secret lovers and the return of Lionel.

Part Three

“It’s all about voyeurism,” she said, and Lex’s eyes narrowed. Chloe was good at crafting innuendoes, but a little too free about voicing them. Not everyone was as dense as her high school friends.

She gave a miniscule shake of her head. I don’t know why you’re worried. No one would suspect the truth in a million years.

“The problem with little towns like Smallville is that everyone secretly craves and fears being looked at. Their image of the world has to be mostly good to feel safe, so they have to think they’re part of the good majority. They believe that being good just fades into the background and blends in, and being bad makes you noticeable. So, if you’re getting too much attention it must be because of something that you did wrong.”

Shuffling and conversations and debates about ordering food to share suddenly filled in the silence when Chloe stopped speaking. They still felt a sense of shame about eavesdropping on her, and she was using it to full effect to take some of the heat off him.

Lex nodded appreciatively. He knew she didn’t take the gesture for more than it was - an agreement to stay with her to the end of her point.

“Thus, all the aw’shucksing from someone who gets some attention; to overcompensate, “ Chloe continued. “But, I think you and I can say that some people are conspicuous no matter what they do, either because of who they are or what they have. It’s not fair, but some people just get all the infamy.”

Like me, he thought, his mood dropping back to the forlorn dissatisfaction of the last month. Chloe saw it and forged ahead quickly, this part of her little ethics lesson for him more than anyone else.

“Just because we’re getting stared at doesn’t mean we’re doing anything wrong.” She let a little bit of the feeling she had for him show, and he returned the intense gaze for a split second. Chloe ignored the arousal that was nipping along her skin and smiled humourously.

“Whenever I stare it’s usually because I’m enjoying the view. You’re too gorgeous. I share your pain.”

Lex Luthor laughed, albeit quietly, in a public place, with a reporter. Necks turned so fast they cracked, watching as the man seemed to finally sink back into his chair as if he was staying for a while.

“You’re very insightful, as usual,” he said. He didn’t know why he was surprised that Chloe had managed to put everyone in their place and make him laugh. She’d talked him out of much worst moods than his current guilt.

“Wait until you hear my thoughts on the vanity of love. It will blow any moral grounds for sexual fidelity out of the water. I mean, really, if you can’t handle your lover having sex with another person you’ll have to find a really sheltered virgin every time you want to have sex,” she said.

Lex sure as hell remembered getting that riot act.

“Do you want to listen to some music, or something?”

Chloe hovered, near, but not touching Lex as he walked into his study. She hadn’t really been invited as much as she’d pushed herself into the car past his bodyguards, guards who had often been hers as well. With no direction from Lex one way or the other they left her to climb in next to him, as she’d known they would. Short of Chloe trying to kill him, Lex had told them they weren’t to lay a hand on her.

That was back when he’d cared. He hadn’t looked at her in days, seemed numb to all of her attempts to get a reaction. Even to her experienced eye, facial expressions were nonexistent.

He slouched onto the sofa and loosened his tie, and she knew he didn’t want her sitting next to him. He was closed off completely.

“I’m really tired, Chloe,” he said flatly. “I don’t want any company right now.”

At least he remembered my name, she thought sourly, then regretted it. He’d suffered so much in so little time and he needed her understanding. Except you didn’t cuddle a hurt Luthor, you got him riled up enough to let his emotions out.

“I don’t think it’s my company you don’t want, Lex. I think you don’t want my questions.”

She strolled to his desk and ran her fingers over the glass surface, picked up a paperweight with the Luthor coat of arms. Walking around the desk, she twirled his chair around and watched as he bristled. He was a possessive man and the desk and chair were his equivalent of a throne. Not even the cleaning staff were allowed to touch it.

Chloe moved around to the liquor cabinet, strutting slightly. She was putting him on notice that he wasn’t scaring her away, and from the stiff set of his shoulders it was working.

She stopped and ran a finger over the whiskey decanter, wondering for the millionth time how he could still drink out of the same vessel that had contained the poison his father had intended to kill him.

“I know you’ve had a terrible week, but as the woman you cheated on I think I deserve to at least know what the whole chain of events was,” she said, trying for a matter-of-fact tone. “I spent a lot of time cramped in a car with Clark’s sanctimony and he never really got around to explaining how things started, but here’s how I’ve got it figured out.”

She moved closer to the sofa and dropped her purse to the floor, kicking it into the black leather. Lex flinched slightly as it struck, but he didn’t look at her.

“So, let me get this straight: You went to a fundraiser in Metropolis and drank some champagne to get you through the intense tedium, champagne that was drugged by one of your stalkers. This drug, if you’re interested, is commonly used in date rapes because it lowers inhibitions to almost nothing, causes an immediate high and culminates in memory loss of between 4 and 12 hours.”

She shrugged out of her coat and folded it over her arm, keeping her hands busy so they wouldn’t shake him. His desolate unwillingness to accept the smallest comfort was wearing on her already shaky goodwill. As unfair as she knew it was, Chloe was enraged that the last women he’d had sex with wasn’t her.

“Once said stalker lured you outside she was drugged as well and replaced by yet another stalker, who gave you a different drug with much the same effects. She hit on you and suggested going back to your hotel - which seemed just fine to you considering you were tripping out.”

Chloe sat in the furthest chair from Lex’s stiff frame and crossed her legs, staring at his face. Her fingernails gripped the arms in an outlet for her anger at everything of the week past.

“You miraculously got yourself back to the hotel in one piece and stalker number one joined you in the elevator where you engaged in foreplay underneath a video camera. Both of you so stoned out of your minds you would have humped any warm body, stalker number two retrieves you from the elevator without difficulty and gets all three of you to the hotel room registered under your name.”

She took a deep breath as Lex’s eyelids flickered just slightly. It was the hint of a reaction she needed from him and she used it to push past the hardest part of the story.

“In the room, stalker two had sex with you and made sure you passed out before she killed the other woman. She arranged the body in bed and took off without a trace, leaving the police with an open and shut case complete with bloodstained playboy. You weren’t just framed, you were gift-wrapped.”

Lex shifted in his seat, shooting an angry glance at her. “Chloe, stop.”

It was his warning tone, light growling to make her back off. Still not enough of a reaction for her to be satisfied.

She flounced to her feet and leaned on the fireplace, letting the fire warm her against his distance. “I just wonder how it would have played out if my father had been okay with me going to-” she sighed, “-visit Lois that night.”

He looked down guiltily, and Chloe knew he would have to get much more than sorry if he was ever going to cope. It wasn’t a lie: She had tried to get her father’s okay to go but he had expressed some concern about Lois and underage drinking. She had thought it was better to give up on the idea in the name of discretion. If Gabe asked Lois about Chloe’s visits, she would probably tell him the truth, which was that she hadn’t seen her cousin on any of the evenings in question.

Chloe crossed her arms over her chest and folded her wrists together like they were tied, openly provoking him now.

She shrugged. “In the interest of honesty I guess I should disclose that you’re not the only one who went outside our relationship,” Chloe said.

Suspicion and disbelief crawled over his face and she hid her pleasure.

“Clark and I, in that very same elevator. We did a reenactment to find the earring. There are probably videotapes if you want to watch.” She licked her lips and forced a grin. “He was better than I thought he would be.”

Lex sucked in a deep breath and exhaled loudly, his arms flexing over the back of the sofa. Other hands on her were unacceptable, threatening. She was his.

Chloe was excited to see him pissed off but a little anxious as well. No matter how safe she was with him, it was still frightening to see anger replace the implacable calm he wore so convincingly.

“You didn’t. Clark would have told me.” He gritted it out between clenched teeth.

She nodded mockingly and answered. “Super Liar would have told you? Are you sure, because every time I’ve thought that something was too important to keep hidden he always did.”

His eyes narrowed dangerously and she knew it was caused by a deep-seated anger at Clark’s double standards. Every time the boy lectured Lex it grew hotter and fought to be let out. One day it would burn up every bit of friendship they had left, but Chloe didn’t want this to be the day.

“But you’re right, I didn’t screw Clark. I could have maybe, I was angry enough, but I didn’t see how revenge sex would help either of us. I needed to help you get out of a pileup of dead brunettes.”

Lex found himself outraged that she was taunting him. What point could she possibly have to all of this? He shook his head and she jumped on the movement.

“No? Oh wait, I forgot. You deserved it all because your previous treatment of women goes against Clark Kent’s sexual scruples. It was poetic justice?”

She had seen both Luthor men give arrogance new meaning and Chloe called on all that attitude to show through her stiff spine and arched eyebrow. Mimicking Lionel was cheap but it got Lex on his feet and screaming.

“Shut up, damn you! What do you want from me?” He flipped the coffee table and it landed inches from her feet. Chloe gasped and froze in place.

Lex kept going, overturning every piece of furniture in the room and shattering anything made of glass. Papers flew as his desk crashed and cracked down the middle. He rammed his arms into the bookshelves and emptied them, stepping over the remains of his computer to throw the two million dollar vase that he had once told her belonged to an empress.

He watched as it flew apart on the spotless floor and looked for something else to punish. The vase of roses on the grand piano hit the wall eight feet up and he cracked one of the legs of the bench off, wielding it like a baseball bat as he attacked the glass cabinets beside the doors.

The improvised club hit the floor at his feet much later, his exhausted arms unable to raise it over his shoulder one more time. His harsh breathing was the only sound and Lex steeled himself to turn back to the fireplace. He’d been waiting for Chloe to leave him since the first waves of panic had abated and he thought it might have happened while he was busy destroying everything.

His feet wouldn’t pick themselves up, but he dragged them around and pulled his chin up to find she was climbing through the debris of many prized and priceless objects.

“Did that help?” She asked it in a normal tone of voice, gentle and calm as she glanced down to skirt the glass around his feet. She stopped at a short distance and let him absorb his shock.

Some days he wished she was a lesser woman so he wouldn’t have to work so hard for her. Pleasing Chloe was so simple and forgiving a task that he worried constantly about it. He equated struggle with consequence and pain with love. She just handed herself over and relaxed into his life like water seeped into the cracks of a boulder. Lex wondered if the boulder ever felt as much at a disadvantage as he felt with Chloe. He was afraid freezing her out would only make him break into pieces while she flowed away and into someone else’s life and he was unable to move.

“I’m too tired to be angry,” he answered. “I guess it’s a start.”

She let him get away with that because she had to lay something on him that might well be painful. He let her take his hand and blurted roughly. “I’m sorry, Chloe.”

“If someone had drugged me and taken me back to a hotel for sex, would you expect an apology from me?” Chloe kept her eyes on his and when he blinked in disbelief she gripped his hand tighter. “I don’t want you to be sorry. I want to find some way to keep you from getting hurt again, but I don’t want you to be sorry.”

Lex’s shoulders slumped and he suddenly looked like an older version of himself.

“I’m trying to keep you separate from this,” he said, stepping over a large shard of glass. “It’s the only way to keep you safe.”

She nodded. “I’m willing to go along with that as long as I don’t think you’re beginning to shut me out of things. I won’t let you make me helpless in my own life and you’re a part of my life now.”

He had been too moved to speak, and Lex had held her like he’d wanted to for days. Only Chloe could have made him so grateful to be on the receiving end of a tongue lashing, and it was no small feat for her to put the same amount of fear into the nosey residents of Smallville.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar
    Loving this so far. Your post ep stories are definately a highlight. More please.
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar
    Wow! I like! Please continue!
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Wow hmy: just wow
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

lexodus
    Just a Guest!
    I loved that. I like to pretend that all this happens on the show, but they cut it out for time reasons. Wouldn't this be great to see on the DVD?

Did you write a post-ep for Covenant? If not, I totally think you should.

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :biggrin: this damn well fantastic! great writeing, I really love the intence vibe between them.

MORE! : :worship2:

hmy:

I love ur post eps...

they all totally fit with the eppies..

I :heart: the title too btw...

:goof: ... did i mention how much i love your post-eps? :biggrin:

NS Senior Member Senior Member sydsvaughn's Avatar
    why can't THAT have been filmed? I'd have paid money for it.

I so love your post eps ... please, please update soon!

SaraC

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information