+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Wish" NC17

NS Senior Member Senior Member Ami Rose's Avatar
    Wow! :huh: That would be scary! Please continue!
    *Coffee Break 9:00 to 5:00 Daily.
    *Heaven doesn't want me and hell is afraid I'll take over.
    *Are you crazy?
    *From zero to insane in 1.5 seconds!
    *If I agree with you, then we'd both be wrong!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Oh no that is part of Chloe's nightmare isnt it? EEK!!! :huh: Please let Lex figure this out.

Hope :crygreen:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

I love this story soooo much... it's one that's stayed in my head since i read it. and trust me, that's a compliment, it's not stalkerish... i love how you've changed it only slightly. This is one of my all time faves

:biggrin:

"Chloe!" The new voice broke through. "Chloe." She tried to push away the hands that gripped her shoulders and sat straight up. At first she couldn’t see anything at first. "Are you okay?" Lana was sitting on her bed next to her. She was holding Chloe by the shoulders. "You were screaming in your sleep." The other girl ran a hand over her damp, blonde head. "You're sweating."

She was soaked all over, not just under her arms but her back, chest and legs were stuck to her pajamas. Her own skinfelt too hot to wear.

She started when she heard a knock on her door.

"Chloe, Lana, What’s wrong?" It was her father’s worried voice. Lana stood up and opened the door.

"She was having a nightmare," she said. Gabe was wearing his old bathrobe. He came in and sat next to his daughter.

"Are you still feeling sick?" He asked, placing a hand over her forehead. "My God, you’re burning up." He told Lana to call the hospital and tell them that he was driving in his daughter.

"Dad I’m okay." Chloe said, a little breathlessly, trying to calm him. Her cheeks were wet with tears and she was still trembling.

"You’re not okay." He said, walking to the door, "I don’t know anything about medicine, but I know when my little girl is sick." He dressed quickly as Lana helped Chloe change from her damp pajamas into a t-shirt and sweats. She was shaking so badly that she couldn’t tie her own shoes. Her chest felt tight and she thought she might be having an asthma attack, though she's never been diagnosed with it.

In the car, Lana quizzed Chloe about everything she'd consumed at the party.

"I only drank a fruit juice from the bar," she said. "I was feeling fine most of the night, but then I started to feel light-headed and I went right to the bathroom."

"Did you get sick in there?" Lana asked.

"No, but I was so dizzy that I fell and broke a vase."

"Why didn't you say something?"

"I did," she said, crossly. "I asked if we could go home."

"We're almost there, honey," Gabe said, from the front seat. He looked at Lana in the rearview mirror, she pursed her lips and wrinkled her eyebrows, silently conveying her concern. Chloe's t-shirt was already damp all over and her breathing was more labored than before.

"I feel like my heart's running away with me," Chloe croaked. her throat felt dusty and dry.

It was nearly four in the morning, and the emergency room at the hospital was almost empty. Gabe walked in, with an arm around his daughter’s damp shoulders. She had little strength and he supported most of her weight. Lana parked the car and came in the side entrance. She made it to the lobby in time to see her friend collapse onto the floor. Gabe shouted for help, a nurse hurried forward and asked what had happened. He told her that his daughter had been with him at a party when she’d started to feel ill. She’d been drowsy in the car on the way home and had gone straight to bed. A few hours later, he and her friend had been awakened by her screams. She’d appeared to have a high fever and since he knew nothing about medicine, he’d taken her to the emergency room.

Once she was in a hospital bed, the doctor confirmed that she had a fever of 102. He wasn’t sure what had brought it on, but he wanted to know if she was on any medication. Gabe told him that he was unaware of any, then he asked what she had had to eat or drink that day, where she’d been when she’d started showing symptoms. The doctor shooed Gabe and Lana out of the room so that they could run some tests.

The phone on Lex Luthor’s bedside table jangled noisily. He opened his eyes and answered it.

"Mr. Luthor?" It was one of the night staff members. "I’m afraid I have an important phone call for you from the hospital."

"Put it through." He said, sitting up and turning on a lamp. "This is Mr. Luthor."

"Lex, it's Lana." The girl's voice was tense. "I'm at the hospital right now."

"Was there an accident? Are you alright?" He sat up in bed and threw back the covers.

"I'm fine, it's not me."

"Who is it?"

"It's Chloe."

"Is she okay?" He asked, feeling goosebumps rise on his arms.

"After we left your house, she went straight to bed, she was having a nightmare and she was screaming in her sleep." She cleared her throat carefully. "The doctors think she might be having an allergic reaction to something, but she didn't eat anything at the party, and she's pretty sure she only had fruit juice to drink."

"Does she have allergies to anything that they know of?"

"Gabe said that after she was buried alive, she got sick and ran a fever after being given a mild pill for anxiety, but that's the only thing he can think of. The doctors are concerned that someone might have slipped something in her drink."

"I’ll be right there with a list of everything served and the names of the staff." He said, but before he could hang up, she said one more thing.

"I don't care where she got it, or who gave it to her, just find out what it was."

"I’ll find out, I promise." He hung up and grabbed his pants from the chair beside the bed. He didn’t find his Father in any of the offices or his bedroom. He ran to the opposite wing and knocked on Jacob’s door. When he received no response, he tried the doorknob. It was locked, but he just took a step back and kicked it in. Jacob was sitting at his desk; he did not look up when Lex walked in.

"You’re father has gone." He said, bringing a snifter of brandy to his lips. Lex knocked it out of his hand and dragged him to his feet.

"My father approached her in the atrium tonight, but he never goes anywhere without you." He snarled, holding the drunken butler up by his lapels. "Did he put something in Chloe’s drink?" The man’s face crumpled.

"He made me do it, sir." Lex’s fist plowed into his face. Jacob fell sloppily to the floor; Lex picked him up again and shook him.

"What did you put in her drink?" The other man’s head was reeling from the punch and from the massive quantities of alcohol that he’d consumed.

"He said it was a mild hallucinogen to induce panic attacks." Tears rolled down the man’s face. "Something that one of his labs had been developing to try and decrease anxiety, but on the test subjects is had the reverse affect." He snuffled loudly and wiped his sleeve across his nose and bleeding lip. "It has a cycilic base like the original anti-depressants, but the lab team had to scrap the tests because the patients were hallucinating and having nightmares."

"What else?"

"He had me put a vase of roses in the bathroom where he was sure she would see them, to remind her of the night that she came here." Jacob shook his head and reached into his own pocket. He pulled out a plastic bag that held five little white pills. "I was to keep slipping these to her over the next few weeks. They're He was hoping to give her nightmares by reminding her of that night and increasing her anxiety till she had a break-down."

"And the whole story would come out." Lex said through clenched teeth. "And people would hear the truth, but Chloe would be crazy and they wouldn’t convict, right?" Jacob nodded. "Another rumor that people would want to believe, but there'd be no way to put me in jail." Lex was speaking to himself.

"You should pay for what you did." The man spat at him, "And so should I for letting it happen. She’s only a little younger than my own daughter." Lex snatched the bag of pills from the butler’s hand and dragged him along the hallway.

"We’re going now, Jacob." He said, ignoring the stares of the staff members who'd come out od their rooms at the commotion. "Chloe’s in the hospital, she’s had an allergic reaction to what you gave her."

"No."

"Where did my father go?" Lex asked, moving as quickly as possible while dragging a drunken man along with him. Then went down to the garage and practically threw Jacob into the passenger seat of his Mercedes. He got into the driver’s seat and roared off the Luthor property.

"He went to Metropolis." Jacob said, swallowing the bile that rose in his throat. "To the penthouse." Lex picked up the car phone and dialed information, he requested to be connected to the emergency room at the Smallville Hospital. When the line was picked up, he asked for the head ER resident and waited, steering the Mercedes with one hand, while the nurse paged him. A minute later, he heard the doctor’s voice.

"This is Dr. Cummings."

"This is Lex Luthor, I'm calling about Chloe Sullivan who was admitted tonight."

"Yes, Mr. Luthor, do you have any information?"

"She was given a Cycilic anti-depressant with a side-effect that causes more anxiety and probably violent nightmares." He looked at Jacob who was leaning forward, being sick on the expensive floor carpeting. "I also have the man who gave it to her, have the police there." He hung up the phone and ignored the moans coming from the man beside him, as well as the sour stench of regurgitated scotch.

When he pulled into the emergency room parking lot, he jumped out of the car, walked around to the passenger side and dragged Jacob out. When they entered, he headed straight to the detectives sitting with two uniformed officers in the lobby. A man in a white lab coat came running up.

"Mr. Luthor?" Lex handed him the bag of pills.

"This is what he gave her." He said. "Where’s Chloe?"

"She’s in the Intensive Care Unit, but she’s stabilized." He looked behind them; "The police need to ask you a few questions." Lex nodded and approached, Jacob shuffled along. He dropped the butler at the feet of the detectives.

"This man is in my father’s employ and works at my house." He looked at the man crumpled on the floor. Jacob was on his hands and knees and openly weeping. "Tell them what you did tonight." And he did.

Lana was sitting in the ICU waiting room with Gabe Sullivan. She was surprised to see Lex Luthor walk in, dressed in a t-shirt and dress pants. He approached and pulled Gabe Sullivan into the hallway. Lana couldn’t hear what was being said, but she could see the angry expression on her friend’s father’s face. He turned and kicked a chair, startling a passing nurse. Then he started walking toward the emergency room. Lex came in and spoke to Lana.

"I need you to call Clark." He said. "It’s a little after five a.m., he should be up. Can you tell him what’s happened and that he needs to come right away." Lana nodded and walked to the desk where she asked to use the phone. If it came to it, Clark could give his side of the story.

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!
    :blush:

Thank you for getting Chloe help right away. Now Lionel can get his ass kicked as he so richly deserves.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Oh thank God I thought it would be dragged for a few more chapters. I am so glad this was handled so quickly. More please......

Hope :chlexsign2:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

I'm so glad that things will get better for Chloe. Lex can kick Lionel's ass now.

:yay: :worship2: :worship2: :worship2: :yay:

great update.. more soon please

NS Senior Member Senior Member sydsvaughn's Avatar
    Loving it as always ... and please, more soon??

SaraC

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    Excellent two chapters!! This story is so incredible!! Post again soon please!! :worship2: :chlexsign4: :worship2:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information