+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Shadows of the Past (R )

Miss Innocent-Or? 2005 Senior Member ColumbiaBlue's Avatar
    I haven't seen "The Grudge" so I'm in the dark about everything, but I want more of this right now!!! I'm addicted already!

Oh and Lex with his own show called "The Notorious L.E.X" is priceless.

Update soon!!!

~Manda :

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    But what about Gabe's book? :huh: Excellent first chapter!! I haven't watched "The Grudge" but your story is making me want to!! Please post again soon!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

NS Senior Member Senior Member
    I didn't watch The Grudge, but this sounds intriguing anyway. Loving the Chlex interaction, too.

More soon!

lexodus
    Just a Guest!
    This is intriguing. Update soon.

Luthor's Power Senior Member Sab_Luthor's Avatar
    that's it you're going to stop here. no no missy you come back right now and update
    thank you :worship2:

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar
    A/N: This chapter is kind of my explanation of why there hasn’t been any Chlex interaction this season. Once again, enjoy and tell me what you think.

Chapter 2

“I couldn’t believe how beautiful the day had turned out. Momma told me not to worry, that God would make sure my wedding day was bright and sunny. I am ashamed to say that I didn’t believe her, but the sun rose clear, and the sky was a light shade of blue, that reminded me of Daniel’s eyes…”

Chloe woke with a start, her heart pounding in her chest. She looked at the lilac colored journal on her bedside table, and vowed to stop reading it before she went to bed. It had been a week since she had the journal in her possession, and every night she had a dream about Megan and her family.

At first, Chloe thought that the entries were influencing her dreams, but the night before, she had dreamed of Megan and Daniel’s wedding, but the last entry she’d read had been when Daniel proposed. Perhaps it was a coincidence, but Chloe decided to switch to different bedtime reading.

She sat up and fluffed her pillows, trying to chase her dreams away. She glanced around her room, and her eyes landed on a medium sized canvas, that was resting against her wall, picture side facing inward. It had been a gift from Lana; a “welcome back from the dead” present as her former roommate called it.

When Lana unveiled it, Chloe had to fake a coughing fit, just so she could get out of the room. She ran into the bathroom, and doubled over, trying to keep her hysteria at bay.

Chloe had expected a picture of her and her dad, or even Lana, her and her dad. Instead, the picture was of a giant, orange meteor that had crashed into the ground. Standing beside the meteor was a little girl with brown hair, looking horrified.

On an artistic level, the picture had been frightening, capturing the little girl’s horror beautifully. But on a personal level, Chloe was stunned at Lana’s self-absorption. But, she had to hand it to the girl.

Only Lana could make someone’s return from the dead all about her pain and suffering. Chloe shook her head, grateful that she no longer had to deal with Lana’s selfishness on a daily basis.

Now, they only saw each other at school, and very rarely even then. Chloe was saddened to discover that she didn’t miss the girl that much.

In fact, now that Lana had returned from Paris, she had made a concentrated effort to remove herself from her former existence as Smallville’s princess. She lived above The Talon, but she no longer had a hand in the business.

And Chloe knew that she still maintained a friendship with Lex. After all, what girl wouldn’t want to count a suave billionaire as a friend? The question was why Lex still remained friends with Lana. That was not as easily figured out.

This very fact had been the focus of a bitter argument between Chloe and Lex when she had been in hiding. Chloe had been livid when she’d read that Lana hadn’t attended her or her dad’s funeral. She shouted that Lana was an ungrateful, cold-hearted, self-centered bitch, who couldn’t bother coming to the funeral of the family who had taken her when she had nowhere else to go. Lex had told her to calm down, that Lana couldn’t help it.

This had served to fuel Chloe’s anger even more. How could he forgive Lana’s callousness so readily? That going to a person’s funeral when they died was an outward sign of respect. Lana’s not going to the funeral showed her complete lack of any warmth or understanding of simple human emotions.

Lex had attempted to justify Lana’s actions again, and this time Chloe told him to shut up. To stop trying to explain away actions that were inexcusable. She had started to shout, and Lex matched her volume, telling her to grow up and stop being jealous of Lana.

That had been too much for Chloe to hear. She yelled at Lex to get out, and when he left, she’d burst into tears. She and Lex didn’t speak again for the rest of the time she’d been in hiding. She didn’t see him again until the incident with his father happened. Lex came to her house to see if Lionel had harmed her in anyway. He looked genuinely worried, and Chloe decided to put his mind at ease. She was fine physically, and the only thing wounded was her pride.

He shook his head at his father’s ability to hurt people even from prison. And Lex knew that he had to apologize for the argument they had the last time they saw each other. Chloe had been taken aback, surprised at Lex’s admission of wrongdoing.

Lex smiled grimly and asked her if she wanted to hear his explanation for defending Lana. Chloe started to shake her head, but then she thought better of it. Yes, she wanted to hear his side of things.

The truth was, he felt that someone had to look out for Lana, because she couldn’t seem to do it herself. He liked being an older brother figure for both Lana and Clark. Clark didn’t want his help any longer, but Lana seemed to almost crave his attention. And he couldn’t stop looking out for her now.

He’d encouraged her to go to Paris and expand her horizons. He couldn’t have known she would have become so pretentious, and even more self-absorbed that she’d been before. Lex had to admit to himself that he had created this monster. And, like it or not, Lana was now his responsibility.

It had occurred to him, on more than one occasion, that his feelings for Chloe were not of the brotherly variety, and he couldn’t pretend that they were. Chloe was his partner in crime, his confidant, and his most loyal and trustworthy friend.

And she was also a young and beautiful woman. But those were dangerous thoughts that could be examined on another day. Now, he just wanted his friend back.

Chloe snorted in disbelief at Lex’s misunderstanding of Lana’s true motives. She was used to being the center of attention for every male between the ages of twelve and forty.

Chloe was glad that her dad was forty-two and therefore immune to the deadly Lang influence.

She also wanted to point out that she wasn’t jealous of Lana because of her beauty. She was jealous that she was forgiven for everything, while Chloe herself had never been granted any type of reprieve.

Lex calmly cut her off, asking if they could agree to disagree. Chloe finally nodded in acceptance, deciding to focus on her and Lex renewing their own friendship.

He was also grateful to have Chloe back in his life, but he couldn’t resist teasing her a little. Lex had jokingly asked if Gabe would start speaking to him again.

Chloe grinned and then nodded, the guilt weighing her heart down, lightened considerably with the knowledge that her dad would no longer need to collect unemployment.

Chloe shook her head, and realized that she’d been sitting in her bed, just staring off into space for an hour. She needed to get some sleep and recalling her argument with Lex would not help her peace of mind.

Their relationship was back on track, and she intended to keep it that way. Chloe turned off her light, and laid on her side, sleep finally claiming her.

“I can’t explain it, but I feel as if someone is watching me. When I’m in town with Daniel, or walking with Emma, I feel someone’s eyes on me. Daniel tells me it is just my imagination, that I’m nervous from having the baby, but I wonder….”
    Last edited by Kit Merlot; 7th June 2009 at 04:44.
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar
    And the plot thickens! The whole mystery with the journal and the way it's seeping into Chloe's drems is very interesting. I'm not surprised about how self absorbed Lana is (still can't get over the fact that she didn't even go to Chloe's 'funeral&#39 and I totally prefer your interpretation of Lex's intentions towards her over the way road Almiles seem to be headed on.

more soon please.
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NS Full Member
    Cool! I like that they have a deep enough connection to actually yell at each other, and the part with the journal is really interesting.

lexodus
    Just a Guest!
    So the person in the first chapter is the one who's watching Megan? Interesting. I wonder why Lex is going to be so interested in this story. Great update. How about another one?

Miss Innocent-Or? 2005 Senior Member ColumbiaBlue's Avatar
    I like that you had Chloe *and* Lex yell at each other. It shows that the bith have gotten under each others skin and that Chloe has an effect on Lex.

I can't wait for more!!! I love this!

~Manda :

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information