+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A's B-day Fic: Cuddling And Chocolate Cake (PG-13)

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...

A's B-day Fic: Cuddling And Chocolate Cake (PG-13)

Title: Cuddling & Chocolate Cake
    Author: Sabby
    Rating: PG-13
    Category: Established Relationship, FutureFic, Humor, Romance, AU
    Disclaimer: Ok, we’re going to do this Socrates style. Does Smallville have Chlex scenes in every episode? Is the show on HBO, Rating NC-17? Did you ever see any Chlex kissing scenes, let alone smut? Is Helen dead (already, just in case she does die *hopes*)? Is Clark on his way back to Outer Space? See, do you really believe you would answer all these questions with a ‘no’ if SV was mine? Point proven, case closed. Not mine, don’t sue!

Summary: The Luthor men (not Lionel) do something nice for Chloe's brithday.

A/N: This is a little birthday surprise for Adeylan, aka NAA, aka Moonmaid (makes her look like a criminal mastermind all this akas *g*). I asked her what she always wanted to see in a fic and never got and from the top of her head she said "CUDDLING". So here is your own special birthday fic, with lots of cuddling and chocolate cake. Happy Birthday Ady! Hope you enjoy.

Part One

Lex heard the padding on the wooden floor, as tiny bare feet scurried over the parquet in his office and looked up to see his 6 year old son cross the room towards his desk, a determined expression firmly etched in his puffy little face and his pouting lips set firm in resolve.

"Daddy, I need your help." Lex couldn’t help but smile at his son’s ‘resolve face’ and the sharp glint in his big hazel eyes.

"And what do you need me to help you with, Jamie?" He opened his arms and rolled back his chair from the desk.
    Jamie immediately rounded the big glass table and climbed into his father’s lap, burying his nose in Lex’s chest for a moment before looking up, directly into his father’s eyes.

"I have a plan!" he told his Daddy a shimmer of pride in his eyes when he thought about the idea he had in mind.

"Do tell." Lex said, exaggerating his excitement a little on behalf of the happiness and pride his only child seemed to practically radiate from his entire small body; His small, very fidgety body.

Lex tightened his arms around his son, cuddling him close to his chest to prevent Jamie from falling off his lap, and the chair in the process.

"You know, Mommy’s birthday is in two days, right?" As if Lex would ever forget anything like his wife’s birthday!

"Yes, go on." He waited patiently for his son to reveal his plan in his own sweet time.

"Well, I want to surprise her with something and I need your help for it to work!" Jamie stated, managing to look pleading and demanding at the same time. His little arms where crossed defiantly, while his huge eyes pleaded with his daddy to agree.

‘He definitely got 100 percent of that from his mother’ Lex thought, an amused smirk forming on his lips.

"So what is it that you want to surprise her with? A gift?" Lex guessed, suppressing a chuckle at the vehement shaking of the head that followed his question.

Red, unruly curls where flying wildly around his son’s head, falling over his son’s eyes and hiding his vivid eyes.

"No! Well not exactly." Jamie strung out the last word, blowing the stubborn strands out off his eyes.

Lex couldn’t resist ruffling his son’s hair before stroking it back out of his face. "So what then, and what do you need my help for?"

"See, I want to bake mommy a cake, but not any cake, a real, big, yummy chocolate cake." Jamie beamed a brilliant smile at his father, before leaning in close to Lex ear and whispering. "And I want you to help me do it. Please, Daddy?" Jamie pulled back a little and directed his own fatal version of the puppy dog eyes on Lex.

How was any father supposed to resist that? Suppressing another chuckle, Lex heaved a theatrical sigh as if forced to admit defeat to his little bit.

"Ok, if you really want to do this, I’ll help you! We’ll do it tomorrow, while mommy is in town, doing her Coffee Chat with Aunt Lana, okay?" He suggested, earning a thousand mega-watt smile and frantic nodding from the excited kid, and a bump in the chin on an upswing of the bouncing boy.

Biting back a groan as his son’s head connected with his chin, Lex tried to still Jamie in his lap.

"Ok, now that that’s settled, how about you go find Mommy and go play with her? I’ve still got a little work to get done here, you know."

A slight pout on his son’s lips was replaced by a surprisingly mature look of understanding, when Jamie’s look fell on the huge stacks of papers on his daddy’s office table.

Nodding again, he slid gracefully out of Lex’s arm and onto his feet, shooting his father a last blinding grin before running out of the office yelling "MOMMY" from the top of his little lungs.

Lex watched after him, chuckling as one of the two most important people in his life raced off to find the other.

The night before, Lex had made sure to get enough work done to take a couple of days off. Now, at two in the afternoon, he was standing in the spacious kitchen in the mansion, sporting a large white apron. His son perched on a wooden barstool next to him, matching smaller apron secured firmly around his neck and waist, looking intently at the paper in front of them on the counter. Mrs. Kent’s own recipe for chocolate cake that Lex had copied earlier when he had called the woman, after finding himself lost in his own kitchen and unable to find one single cookbook.

Jamie sported a concentrated frown, studying the words keenly, though he could not know all the words scrawled on the paper in his father’s elegant, slim calligraphy.

Smiling, Lex set out to prepare the things they would need to accomplish their task. He found a large bowl in one of the drawers and a small pot in a cupboard over the stove. Pulling open both doors of the gigantic fridge he started rummaging through the boards, hunting for the ingredients scribbled down on the recipe.

Forty minutes later, the kitchen looked as if a bomb had gone off in there. A chocolate and flour filled bomb. Both guys were a mess, covered in chocolate, dough and flour, as were almost all of the once spotless chromed surfaces of the kitchen. However, the mixture was in the form, the form in the oven and the oven clock was set on thirty minutes.

Lex sighed. He’d have to call Marguerite and better do it right away, if he wanted the evidence of their actions removed before Chloe came home from her errands in town. He picked up the phone to the side of the fridge and pushed the button for house call then the # key and 5.

"Marguerite? Yes. Um I fear we made a little er…um mess of the kitchen. Could you come and get it back to normal, please? Yes, immediately please, before my wife returns." Lex heard the quiet snickering on the other end of the line before his housekeeper confirmed to be over at the house in a few minutes.

"Oh and there is a cake in the oven, could you take a look at it please? And if it’s ready could you put it somewhere, where Chloe won’t find it? Thank you, Marguerite, you are pure gold!" Lex smiled before he hung up the phone and turned to his son.

"I think we should clean up and hide the clothes; you know it’s hard to keep anything a secret from Mommy." They shared a grin at that comment, remembering their respective situations in which they had learned that fact.
    Ignoring the state of their clothes, Lex caught Jamie by surprise, picking him up and hauling him over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. Tickling his ribs lightly got a squeal and a little useless writhing from his protesting son that Lex paid no attention to, heading directly for the next bathroom.

About two minutes later, Marguerite entered the kitchen and nearly fainted in shock, as she took in the battlefield before her. Recomposing herself, she mumbled a fluent string of Portuguese curses under her breath and started off towards the broom closet, determined to get the place back into the state it was supposed to be.

When she was almost through with that ordeal, she spotted the oven and remembered the cake that Lex had talked to her about. The clock was set to go off in about five minutes. Marguerite carefully opened the lid to the oven and peered inside, gasping at the strange thing, vaguely resembling a chocolate cake that she found in one of her best cake forms. Frowning she closed the lid again, vowing to save what was left to save for the sake off all parties involved. She smiled at the mental image in her head showing the two Luthor men, trying to do something nice and thoughtful for the birthday of their Lady.

tbc
    Last edited by sabby; 2nd September 2008 at 20:58.

Disclaimer: SEE PART ONE!

A/N: The endearment Lex uses for Chloe is Gaelic. Why Gaelic you ask? Well first I LOVE the language, and second his ancestors are from Scotland after all, see Pilot. I just can’t see him using Baby or Sweetheart. Btw. Maiseach is pronounced ‘meshech’ with the ‘ch’ like a cat’s hiss on the roof of your mouth and means beautiful. Again have fun. Tata, Sabby

Part Two

Chloe entered the mansion about five minutes after Marguerite had finished her ordeal in the Luthor state of the art kitchen and had taken the cake with her back to the servant house. It was a close call, but there was no evidence as to what the Luthor men had done there earlier.

“Lex? Jamie? I’m home.” She listened for a second after her announcement, waiting for an answer, but none came. “Where are you two?” she muttered to herself, starting up the stairs to the second floor.

She headed to the master bedroom first, kicking off her pumps as soon as she entered. They had been killing her for the last two hours she had spent walking around downtown with Lana. She took a second to wriggle her toes in the soft carpet, relishing in the feel of the warming fabric under her feet. With a little sigh she turned around again, returning to the hunt for her two favorite men.

When she came around the corner leading to the study, Chloe heard what she recognized as Lex’s voice, speaking in a gentle and soothing tone he used with only two people, one of which was her, the other their son. Smiling to herself she silently opened the door to the study, peeking in. The sight that greeted her, made her heart swell with pride and love.

Her husband was sitting on the leather couch in front of the fire with his back to the doors, Jamie snuggled up close to him and peering into the book Lex was reading from. After catching a few lines, Chloe identified it as 'Black Beauty'

Still smiling, she tiptoed closer to the two, who still had not acknowledged her entrance. Chloe was yet about two steps away from the couch, when Lex stopped his reading abruptly and turned his head around, giving her a warm smile.

“Hey there, Maiseach.” His voice was still soft.

In answer, she bowed down to place a soft kiss on his lips

“Hey yourself, Sweetie.” When she looked down she saw that Jamie had fallen asleep in his father’s arms with his nose buried deep into the dark blue shirt. Raising an eyebrow questioningly she looked back at Lex.

“Let’s just say he had a long day.” Lex shrugged with his free shoulder and combed his fingers gingerly through his son’s hair, looking at him fondly. ‘God, how much I’d sometimes like to show the whole world the Sap that is Lex Luthor’ Chloe grinned.

From day one, Lex had been helplessly smitten with his son. As Jamie became older, that had the side effect that the little brat could get his Daddy to agree to almost anything. This in turn had lead to several long family meetings, to discuss and find a solution to the damage caused during these escapades.

Shaking her head with a fond smile, Chloe rounded the couch, slid down onto it and snuggled up to her husband on the side that wasn’t taken by Jamie.

Lex immediately snaked his free arm around her waist, pulling her closer and placing a chaste kiss on her forehead before gently brushing her lips with his. Closing her eyes, Chloe encouraged him to deepen the kiss, running her tongue over his bottom lip and tipping her head slightly to the side to reach a better angle. Lex complied, a contented moan rumbling in his chest.

Right in this moment, Jamie began to stir against Lex, waking up from his story-induced slumber. He promptly pulled a face and let out a disgusted gagging sound, as he witnessed, up close and personal what his parents were doing.

“Blah, stop it! That is so yuckworthy!”

Lex and Chloe broke their kiss and looked at their son, a mixture of apology and amusement in their eyes.

“Yuckworthy, huh? You just wait; I’ll remind you of those words once you hit fourteen.” Lex grinned at his son and Chloe suppressed a groan as vivid mental images of her son in his teens swished through her mind. ‘God, if he’s anything like Lex was, we’re gonna have to fend the girls of with a stick’. That thought, however, made her snicker lightly.

“Nah.” Jamie shrugged of the comment and raised from the couch. “I’m out of here. Can I call Tommy? He said Uncle Clark brought him a stack of the latest comics from Metropolis. Can he come over, please?” Jamie gave his parents his patent puppy dog eyes and Lex was already about to cave, when Chloe cut in.

“No Sweetie, not tonight, It’s 6:30 already, and you know you have to be in bed in half an hour. You can ask him tomorrow. Now shoo! Go brush your teeth and get ready for bed, we’ll be up in a minute.”

“But I already…” Jamie caught himself in the last second. He was about to protest that he had already brushed his teeth when he and his Dad had cleaned up after their baking adventures. That would have given him half an hour more. He thought better of it, however, knowing that his mother would investigate further when she found out he had already showered and brushed his teeth.

“You already what?” Chloe gave her son a friendly, but scrutinizing look, surprised at his abrupt halt. When her son just ducked his head and said nothing she turned her look on Lex and added a scolding frown to the scrutinizing gaze.

“He already brushed his teeth.” Lex admitted, thinking on his feet to give a believable explanation for this out of the ordinary incident. “We had a few twinkies earlier… for dessert.” He quickly amended when the frown increased. Chloe hated it when Lex stuffed her son with sugar, as that was guarantied to set him on hyper for hours on end.

“Typical,” she huffed “can’t leave you alone with our son for two hours. He has you wrapped around his finger, wimp.” The sting in her words was belied by the genuine smile that graced her lips though.

“Well he must have picked that up from his mom, I guess” Lex shot back smirking, earning him a light swap in the chest and a mock-offended look from Chloe.

Chloe shook her head and turned her eyes back on Jamie, who was sending his Dad a look somewhere between embarrassed and thankful. She couldn’t figure where the second expression was rooted, but shrugged it off.

“Ok, then, get into your pj’s and wait in your bed. I’ll be up in a minute when I’m finished with your Daddy here.” Chloe directed, pointing a finger at her son who admitted defeat with a nod and scurried off to do as told without further protest.

“Night Dad, ‘m sorry” He mumbled chagrined, while slowly leaving the room.

As soon as he was out and the door closed behind him, Chloe turned back to Lex shaking her head again and trying valiantly to suppress a grin.

“Come here.” She whispered, pulling Lex into a passionate kiss that spoke volumes about her feelings for him.

Lex was stunned for a second, before he wrapped his arms around Chloe, pulling her closer until she straddled his lap.

“I love you, you know?” She said as she pulled back to look into his eyes that were shining with love and the beginning of hungry desire.

“I love you, too.” He answered seriously. “Wanna see how much?” He grinned up at her.

“In a while. Go ahead and warm the bed for me, I’ll join you in a few. Let me put Jamie to bed first.” she smiled, pressing a kiss to the tip of Lex’s nose and getting up. She smiled, her eyes shining with mirth at the sight of Lex pouting a little when she left him in the study to attend to their son.

After Jamie was finally put to sleep, she slipped silently into their bedroom, stifling an amused snort at the view of Lex, already fast asleep in their bed. Without making a sound she slid into the adjoining bathroom to change the day’s clothes for a white silk teddy.

When she returned and carefully climbed into bed beside him, Lex’s arms instantaneously reached out and pulled her against his bare chest. She breathed in his scent before slowly looking up at his face. She found him smiling down his eyes half open, looking for all the world like a big lazy cat.

“Hey, I thought you were sleeping?” she inquired, slowly stroking over his abs and chest.

“Nah, how could I, when I promised to show my wife just how much I really love her?” He practically purred.

Chloe stifled another bout of laughter. ‘Looks like a cat, sounds like a cat…’

“Mmmm, sounds wonderful. Show away…” she said before kissing him gently, first on each cheek then slowly drifting down to his still smiling lips.

Lex idly pushed her into the cushions, returning the kiss with the same tenderness and slow building passion. He enveloped her body with his, starting to place a trail of soft kisses all over her face and down the column of her elegant neck.

After several hours of sweet, slow lovemaking, the pair fell asleep, snuggled close together. Chloe’s head rested on Lex’s chest, her left arm around his waist, Lex’s right arm draped lightly over it and his left holding Chloe close to his body.

tbc

Disclaimer: SEE PART ONE!

A/N: The Final Part, major mush alert. And for those getting ready to ask, there will be no sequel, nothing out there could make me do one, sorry. I had enough fluff for the next year. Enjoy.

Part Three

The sunlight filtered into the master bedroom through the long crème colored curtains. The pair on the bed stirred lightly and snuggled closer, as if trying to meld into each other.

“Morning,” Chloe mumbled sleepily, hiding her face in his chest.

“Morning, Maiseach and happy birthday.” He placed a little kiss on the crown of her head and smiled against her hair.

“Mmmmm not yet, I’m not awake enough.” She buried even deeper into him, throwing her leg over his, intertwining their limbs.

“Is that so? How about I get up and bring you some breakfast then, with some strong coffee?”
    Lex grinned at the prompt reaction he was sure would come.

“Coffee? What keeps you still here, go!” She rose her head from his chest and grinned at him through half lidded eyes.

“Well your leg knotted with mine for one…” he started and the leg in question was removed immediately.

“Well ok, I’ll be back in a minute.” Lex placed a kiss on her forehead, grinning as he put on a robe and made his way to the kitchen, taking a detour to his son’s room first.

He opened the door slowly, peeking in to see if Jamie was awake yet. The little boy sat ramrod straight in the bed, his gaze fixed on the alarm clock he had placed on the sheets before him. Grinning, Lex rapped on the wood a few times and caught the attention of his son. Jamie’s head shot up and fixed on his Dad.

“Is she awake yet?” His voice was excited; he obviously couldn’t wait to show his mom what they had done for her the day before.

“Yeah, she’s in bed, waiting for her breakfast to be delivered.” Lex answered with a wide smile.

Jamie jumped out of his bed, running to his Dad and launching himself into the waiting arms.

“Then what are we waiting for, let’s go get her the cake!” He beamed at Lex and proceeded to bounce up and down in his Dad’s arms until he was set on the floor again.

As soon as his little feet hit the ground, he dashed off, heading for the kitchen and Lex actually had to fall into a jog to keep up with Jamie.

As soon as they had prepared the tray with the coffee, a sliced grapefruit, croissants and butter, they retrieved the cake from Marguerite, surprised and happy to see that it had come out fine, if a bit lopsided and had now a single, thin green candle placed in the middle.

Marguerite smiled at them as they headed back to the main house of the mansion, vowing silently that she’d never tell that she had done her damnest to make sure that the cake at least looked edible.

When they stood in front of the door to the master bedroom, Lex stopped Jamie in his tracks and put a finger to his mouth before whispering.

“So I will go in first, with the tray and when I tell you to come in, you come in with the cake, ok?” Lex put the plate with the cake in his son’s hands and smiled as he saw the care with which the boy held it out in front of him.

“Kay, could you light the candle?” Jamie pointed at said candle with his nose to emphasize his request.

Lex smiled again, before he set the tray of food on the floor, picking up the matchbox that sat next to the mug off steaming coffee and lighting the candle in question.

“But be careful, ok?” He warned his son, deciding to make the introduction to their surprise as short as possible.

“Got it.” His son answered confidently, nodding once. Lex picked up his tray and entered the room cautiously, making sure that his son and the surprise stayed hidden from Chloe’s view.

“Here I am with your breakfast at the ready, Ma’am.” He grinned at her, who shot up in their bed beaming at him, or rather at the mug of coffee on his tray.

“What are you standing there? Get over here, I need my coffee!” She gave him a stern look only belied by the delighted smile on her lips that showed how much she really appreciated the gesture.

He strode over to the king-size four-poster, gracefully sinking on the comforter beside her and placing a kiss on her cheek, while he sat down the tray in her lap. She ignored the food in favor of the mug of steaming coffee, which she brought to her nose, inhaling deeply before taking the first long sip. ‘Mmmmmm heaven’.

“So I take it, the coffee is more than enough? Should’ve known that before getting you a surprise. What a shame.” He sighed theatrically. His words had the desired affect.

“Surprise? What surprise? Give, give now!” Her eyes were sparkling with curiosity and mirth and reminded him of the times when she was the young high school reporter, always on the hunt for a story for her paper.

“Ok, ok.” Lex smiled at her enthusiasm. ”Come in, Jamie!” He directed his last words at the door to the hallway that he consciously had left slightly ajar. A moment later, she watched as her little boy pushed the door open with his back, obviously balancing something in his arms. When Jamie turned around, she gasped when her eyes fell on what it was.

“Oh my gosh, is that?” She trailed off, watching with fascination as her baby boy balanced a plate with a big chocolate cake on his arms, coming towards their bed. She put aside the tray of food, her coffee forgotten for the moment.

She had to restrain herself from jumping out of the bed and running to her baby to take the obviously heavy load of his tiny arms, but she managed it, barely.

When Jamie finally reached the side of the bed, Lex took the cake from his hands and placed it in Chloe’s lap, before pulling their son up to them and settling him between his legs.

“Happy Birthday, Mommy.” Jamie grinned proudly, “Blow out the candle and make a wish!”

“Oh Sweetie, this is gorgeous! Did you? Did you two make this yourself?” She looked at the slightly lopsided chocolate cake with its single green candle like it was a treasure unique on this earth, then back up at her two men.

“Yup!” Jamie answered, popping the p and beaming at her.

Lex nodded with a warm smile and added, “Yesterday, when you were in town with Lana.”

“Oh this is the best present ever! Thank you so much, it’s wonderful!” she gushed, slinging her one arm around each Lex and Jamie.

“I love you two, you are my princes!” She pressed a kiss to Jamie’s forehead and proceeded to kiss Lex almost breathless, careful not to tip over her precious cake.

“I love you, too.” Lex whispered against her lips, when they broke the kiss. “Happy birthday, Chloe.”

“Now blow out the candle and make a wish, Mommy!” Jamie grew a little impatient.

Chloe smiled at her son and at that moment knew the only thing she could wish for.

“Ok. I wish….” She trailed off, slowly blowing out the candle. ‘I wish we can give Jamie a baby brother or sister for his next birthday’ She smiled and caught Lex’s eyes. Somehow she was sure he knew what her wish was, judging by his delighted smile and almost imperceptible nod.

The End

:bday: Adeylan

What a great b'day fic. :glow:

I love these kinda fluffy future fics.

NS Full Member
    Awww! That's some of the best chlex fluff ever! *grin*

Sabby that was beautiful... :biggrin: And I'm Irish, so I loved the Gaelic.... ...Fiona

ladymichelle
    Just a Guest!
    That was wonderful! I'm grinning and people are looking at me like I am an idiot-- well done!

NightGlow
    Just a Guest!
    Awww. That warmed my heart. (And I hate cake&#33 :chlexsign2:

NS Full Member
    oooooooooh so sweet. their son was so cute!! awesome work!

: Sway

odd duck
    That was so sweet. :chlexsign2: and yay chocholate cake.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information