• Err.. yeah...

8 17.78%
  • Don't know

6 13.33%
  • Don't care

5 11.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NS Mainsite Boring?

I first discovered the NS mainsite before the forum. Personally, I feel that forum has much to offer and it is more interactive.

It is good to have regular updates on SV (though I know it's hard to get news of CHLEX) , organise some contests that are not limited to the forum, update the gallery with more pics and upload those vids!

I like all the layouts!!

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar
    To comment on Sylvia's comments:

I also check out the site when there are special events like the fanfic awards etc on.
    We try to come up with award shows and other small funny things to the main site, but not all of them are a success. Not that we expect EVERY idea we have to be a killer one...

It's just a small suggestion, but I think it might be better if naughty-seduction.net opened up with the actual site, and not the notice page. Maybe if you could incorporate the announcement into the main site, it would look a lot better.
    The first page you see now (or should see) when visiting naughty-seduction.net is the splash page where you choose your resolution for the layout. The announcement has been taken down.

DTS usually has screencaps, of course, but it'd be nice to not have to go through 18 pages of Lana screencaps to find the ones on Chloe or Lex
    We have screencaps of the Chlex scenes in the episodes in the gallery, if that is what you meant... As for just caps on Chloe, or just caps on Lex, well, we want to focus more on Chlex, seeing as it's a Chlex site

To comment on hlmilk's comments:

...organise some contests that are not limited to the forum, update the gallery with more pics ...
    We did have the fanfiction challenge for a little while, but that really didn't work out the way we hoped for it to do. We're always brainstorming on new site contest ideas though As for updating the gallery, we do that when we find images of AM or MR, as for artworks, that is up to you folks

...upload those vids!
    :huh: What do you mean?

Thanks to everyone, again, for commenting It's really useful
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

I basically concur with what everyone has said above. NS is bloody brilliant and has been extremely helpful to me in times past. What with the galleries, the video clips, and not to mention the lovely layout, I have always thought it far from boring. In fact, I think it the best Chlex site out there. As for suggestions, I really have none to give, but if any ever come to mind I shall be sure to post them.

NS Full Member
    I really like the main site. It is very professionally done, especially for a fansite, and as others have said, it is quite beautiful. I check it once or twice a month just to see if y'all have anything new up, and I love all the multimedia items you have available. The only suggestions I would have would be to try to strengthen the tie between the galleries and the forum (I didn't know the galleries existed until several months after I started hanging out here) and to put a link back to the main site on the forum indices.

As far as ideas for generating more interest... some sites use regular guest columnists to add to the fresh information, maybe you could come up with some things along those lines?

Anyway, thanks for all the effort you put into it, it makes me proud to tell people I come here and send them your way

Originally posted by AlabamaWorley@Sep 28 2004, 09:48 PM
    As far as ideas for generating more interest... some sites use regular guest columnists to add to the fresh information, maybe you could come up with some things along those lines?

Anyway, thanks for all the effort you put into it, it makes me proud to tell people I come here and send them your way
    We already have one column in the works, which Nat is working on. If anyone else have any articles they would like to submit, by all means, do so! You can even sign with a fake name if you're more comfortable with that

Aww, thank you
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Oops, I mean epi clips Some of them are not working.
    Is it possible to upload some of the vids made by others in the site too? (with permission and credit)?

Woo, I didnt know we can reg for the n-s.net galler I will move my fanarts over there if I am free enough.

I only know there has been one contest which is the fanfiction. Maybe you could organise a official vid (I know there is 'sort of' one in the Music Vid forum) contest in the site (not just entitled to the forum) or fanart (wallpaper, avatars, layouts, icons) contest as well. I know maybe it is hard to get ppl to join but maybe if the prize offered is nice (erm, like a month long plug in the forum/site or I dont know? That has to depend on what you can afford), ppl might join? No harm trying.

:

Is it possible to upload some of the vids made by others in the site too? (with permission and credit)?
    We have limited space and bandwidth, and music video's take up a lot of both, so, no. Sorry

Woo, I didnt know we can reg for the n-s.net galler I will move my fanarts over there if I am free enough.
    Please do so Remember to add new arts to the gallery, even if you post it on the message board

I only know there has been one contest which is the fanfiction. Maybe you could organise a official vid (I know there is 'sort of' one in the Music Vid forum) contest in the site (not just entitled to the forum) or fanart (wallpaper, avatars, layouts, icons) contest as well. I know maybe it is hard to get ppl to join but maybe if the prize offered is nice (erm, like a month long plug in the forum/site or I dont know? That has to depend on what you can afford), ppl might join? No harm trying.
    The official music video contest is when we have the NSMVA (NS Music Video Awards). We will probably be starting a new season of that soon as well Just have to make a new layout and such for it

NS Senior Member Senior Member
    We have limited space and bandwidth, and music video's take up a lot of both, so, no. Sorry
    You could try getting a virtual harddrive or free webhosting somewhere else that allows direct linking, and store the vids there. I'm not sure if there are any good free online harddrives that offer enough space and bandwidth to do that, but if I find one I'll let you know

Using winzip could probably solve the bandwidth problem?

Originally posted by sylvia@Oct 2 2004, 06:34 AM
    You could try getting a virtual harddrive or free webhosting somewhere else that allows direct linking, and store the vids there. I'm not sure if there are any good free online harddrives that offer enough space and bandwidth to do that, but if I find one I'll let you know
    Hm, yeah... Thanks

Using winzip could probably solve the bandwidth problem?
    Not really, as winzip/zipping only makes them about one Mb smaller... All large music video sites don't store the music video's on their servers, takes too much bandwidth and space.

Thread Information