+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Freak - PG-13 - COMPLETE!

NS Full Member
    Nice chapter, great ending. It was nice to read that she was able to stay then have to leave. I also thought that the recognition that Clark gave to their situation was sweet.

Nice story.
    'I build you out of nothing to have you near
    I remembered you on trains
    So now you're on every train I hear'
    Something For Kate: Old Pictures

NS Full Member
    Thanks for the feedback, y'all! For those of you that are thoroughly confused, I'm sorry! I was afraid when I was writing it that I wasn't being clear enough. In the very first part, they dropped Chloe's casket when they were lowering it into the ground and Lex heard it crack open at the bottom. As it turned out, since it was Smallville and all, they dropped it on some kryptonite and it came up into the casket through the crack. Chloe had reappeared by the time Lex returned to the mansion. On the night that Lois (and in my story, Lex) saw the fabulous lightning show that brought Kal-el back, another bolt of lightning struck the grave, blew a hole in the ground and the coffin, and ran thorugh Chloe's body into the kryptonite, thereby bringing her back to life. The question, of course, is whether there was some divine influence to it that allowed Chloe to kill Lionel and return to her life instead of silently haunting Lex forevermore, or if it was just fate - which I'm sure will provide hours of debate for our happy couple in their future beyond the story

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Originally posted by AlabamaWorley@Oct 11 2004, 02:45 AM
    Thanks for the feedback, y'all! For those of you that are thoroughly confused, I'm sorry! I was afraid when I was writing it that I wasn't being clear enough. In the very first part, they dropped Chloe's casket when they were lowering it into the ground and Lex heard it crack open at the bottom. As it turned out, since it was Smallville and all, they dropped it on some kryptonite and it came up into the casket through the crack. Chloe had reappeared by the time Lex returned to the mansion. On the night that Lois (and in my story, Lex) saw the fabulous lightning show that brought Kal-el back, another bolt of lightning struck the grave, blew a hole in the ground and the coffin, and ran thorugh Chloe's body into the kryptonite, thereby bringing her back to life. The question, of course, is whether there was some divine influence to it that allowed Chloe to kill Lionel and return to her life instead of silently haunting Lex forevermore, or if it was just fate - which I'm sure will provide hours of debate for our happy couple in their future beyond the story
    Ok so you are saying her spirit was with Lex in the thunder and rain and her body was in the broken coffin. But once the thunder struck it hit both her body in the grave and her spirit which was with Lex. Making her spirit come back to life in the coffin. Did I get that right. :lol: Oh did I just confuse you as well? :lol:

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member
    She’d asked him to read the novel to her after they’d debated whether they were more or less demented than Heathcliff and Catherine.
    I just loved that quote. "More or less demented" is such a perfectly Chlex line!

Anyway. Such an awesome final chapter!! I love how it changed pace so many times, and your explanation for Chloe's 'death and resurrection' was also pretty cool, I wouldn't have thought of it! Love how there was action, sci-fi, romance and good ol' Chlex banter -- a little of everything mixed together with a good plot and great storytelling. Wonderful work. Write another one soon!

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar
    Great ending! I love that Lex is the one to get CHloe out of her grave :biggrin:
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Full Member
    This was a great fic, I really enjoyed reading it. The idea of Chloe as a ghost...Lex took it a lot better than I would!

Great job

Kerry

I'm so in awe of you right now that I can barely leave this feedback. Don't expect complete sentences.

Beautifully written. Right on with characterizations. So creative! Loved the "Checkmate." Take that, Lionel!

And you brought her back to life. Yaaay!

Excellent fic, AlabamaWorley. :worship2:

walking with cavemen Senior Member Zannie's Avatar

Re: Freak - PG-13 - COMPLETE!

This was great. I loved how you mingled the Gothic elements with the Smallville freak elements. The relationship you established between Chloe and Lex was plausible, well-developed, and very sweet. I was worried the whole time that it wasn't going to end happily, and I was actually getting teary at the thought of poor Lex all alone after Chloe had dissipated or whatever. So I'm so, so glad that she came back to life--for some reason, it never even occurred to me that that's how it would end.

You had, as always, a lot of great lines of dialogue:

“How could it be your fault? You were just innocently trying to get plastered and I--”
    and
    “You caught that, hunh? Way to go, lush.”
    and
    “Please, Chloe, your erotic dance is just too much. I’m going to have to take a cold shower immediately.”
    and
    “Come on,” he said, holding open the door. “After supper, you can talk dirty to me. I’ll bet you’ll seduce me in no time.”
    and
    "Think about it. You could just pick someone whose life you could easily take over and… take it.”

“You are a creepy, creepy man.”

“If it makes you uncomfortable, you could jump around.”

“I’m not that kind of girl!”

“Then let me be your first.”
    And this was so sweet it made me achey:

“Chloe,” he said softly. “Come here.” She looked to find he had one arm along the back of the couch and one leg across the cushions. His other arm rested at his side, his other foot on the floor. Silently, she crawled to him and rested her head against his chest. Though neither could feel the other, her head rose and fell with his breath, and she heard the steady beat of his heart through the silk of his shirt. Lex sighed deeply, his arms aching to hold her.

"I really wish you had too.”
    And I loved the Wuthering Heights discussion--it fit perfectly and seemed totally in character.

Great fic all around.

This is one of my favourite CHLEX fics, I really enjoyed reading it

Lex's Devoted Love Slave darkangel's Avatar

the end of this fic is perfect. i love it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information