+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Freak - PG-13 - COMPLETE!

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    I wish that Chloe didn't have to leave Lex, but she doesn't have that much time!! She has to get Clark out before Lionel is released!! Thank you for the update!! I am really enjoying this story!! :biggrin: :chlexsign3: :biggrin:

NS Senior Member Senior Member
    Wow I really feel bad for both of them. Poor tired-out (and not in the good way, either) Lexy.

Anyway, can't wait to see what solutions or complications you come up with next. Update soon!

LarkLuthor
    Just a Guest!
    Please update!

Lark

NS Full Member
    Thanks, everyone, for your wonderful reviews! I swear I had this all planned out before the premiere. It was kind of funny how my plans for Lionel and Lex's dialysis ended up being similar. Anyway, I think this is the next to last update.

When Chloe arrived in Lionel’s cell, she immediately dove into the wall. Luckily, the prisoner was dozing and the guard was entranced by whatever was staring back at him from his laptop display. She carefully positioned herself so she could watch the cell without being seen and settled in to wait for a plan to develop.

About an hour later, a member of the medical staff came in. He roughly poked Lionel’s shoulder.

“Luthor! I have to check your vitals before I bring your meds.”

Lionel stirred and sat up. He offered his arm to the orderly and waited while his pulse and blood pressure were obtained.

“You know, if I were facing the sentence you’ve got over your head, I would just skip the drugs and let the disease take me quickly.”

“Perhaps you haven’t heard. The charges against me are about to be dropped.”

“I wish I had a dollar for everytime I heard that one.”

Lionel chuckled.

“They’ve come to realize that they have no case against me, as they should have. I’m seriously considering filing suit over my wrongful imprisonment.”

The orderly stood and considered his patient carefully. Finally, he turned away.

“I’ll be back with your shot in a minute.”

Chloe glided easily through the walls as she followed the man down to the infirmary. He led her into a dark room and opened a large refrigerated cabinet, then started to slide a tray of glass vials out of its slot. Chloe was struck with inspiration.

“Boo!” she screamed as she leapt into the man’s line of vision. He yelped and dropped the tray, then jumped backwards as glass shattered around his feet.

“Oh God. Oh no. What have you done?” he asked in a panic. He quickly skimmed the names on the remaining trays in the refrigerator unit; finding no more bearing the Luthor name, he knelt helplessly amid the broken vials. “This was the last we had until tomorrow afternoon. He’ll be dead by breakfast without it.” The man looked up at Chloe. “Where the hell did you even come from?”

Chloe bit her lip. Lex probably wouldn’t approve of her turning herself into an urban legend, but it was really for his own good.

“My name is Chloe Sullivan. Lionel Luthor had my father and me killed because I was going to provide testimony that would get him convicted of murdering his parents.” She stepped closer to the orderly and glanced down at his name tag. “Mr… Holbeck. Do you believe me?”

“Uh, no. You’re wasting my time. I’m calling a guard.” He reached for Chloe’s arm, and she smiled politely. His reaction as his hand passed through her flesh was too good to miss, and far more convincing than anything she could possibly say to him. He drew a shaky breath as he crossed himself. “What do you want from me?”

“Just think of me as an avenging angel. That man has destroyed countless lives, he killed his family, he killed my family, he tried to kill his own son… what have you got to lose from cleaning up this mess, filling some vials with saline, and never telling anyone you saw me?”

The man blinked in surprise.

“There would be an autopsy. People would know.”

“Tell me something. Is that drug FDA approved? How much is Luthorcorp paying the warden to have it administered to him in the first place?”

“I… uh…” He sighed. “Probably a lot.”

“Then who’s going to raise a stink about it?”

Holbeck picked up a broom from the corner and carefully began sweeping up the broken shards on the floor. Chloe started to speak again, but he held up a hand to silence her. She waited patiently while he mopped up the remaining liquid and placed the empty tray back in the refrigerator. He then crossed to another large cabinet and began pulling out empty vials and filling them from a large bottle. After he’d labeled them and put them on Lionel’s tray, he turned to Chloe.

“My older brother worked for Luthorcorp for years. He was a good man, he had a family. Then he went crazy one day. He beat my sister-in-law pretty good, but she got out with the kids. A few minutes later, he put a gun in his mouth and pulled the trigger.” Holbeck paused, thinking. “They said he’d been embezzling funds for months. I know they were lying.” He took a vial and a syringe and left the room.

After he’d gone, Chloe checked the label on the large bottle he’d poured from. It was normal saline. She sat down on the counter to wait.

After Holbeck returned from giving Lionel his 4:00 am dose several hours later, he nodded at Chloe.

“If you have any final words for him, you’d better get down there. He’s going to be unconscious soon, and I’ll have to sound the alarm when I check his vitals in thirty minutes.”

“You’ve done the world a favor, Mr. Holbeck.”

He smiled grimly.

“Rest in peace, Chloe Sullivan.”

Chloe reappeared in Lionel’s cell and hid in the shadows near the wall. From a distance, he looked fine, but closer examination showed that he was clammy and pale. As she paused to collect her thoughts, the guard rose and stretched. He glanced in at his prisoner, then moved down the hall towards the restroom. Chloe knew divine intervention when she saw it, and she darted over to sit on the edge of Lionel’s cot.

“Mr. Luthor,” she hissed. He stirred and opened his eyes.

“Miss Sullivan?” he asked. His words were slightly slurred.

“Yes, Mr. Luthor, it’s me, in the not-flesh. I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for that.”

“I… how… I’m dreaming.”

“No, you’re awake for now, but you’ll be out soon. You see, Mr. Luthor, you’re dying. I made sure of that, because I don’t want you to ever have the chance to hurt anyone I care about again. The Kents are safe, the Rosses are safe, and most importantly, your son is safe.”

“No…” He shifted weakly, but he didn’t have the energy to sit up.

“No one will question your death, Mr. Luthor. No one gives a damn whether you live or die, so long as your money lives on. You’re going to hell, and no one will mourn your passing.” She heard the bathroom door opening and rose to return to her hiding place. Lionel no longer had the strength to speak, but his terrified eyes told her all she needed to know. She leaned in close to his ear. “For my father, you twisted son of a bitch. Checkmate.”

Lex was straightening his tie later that morning when his private line rang in his bedroom. After a very brief conversation, he hung up and walked down to the breakfast terrace. Chloe faced away from him, staring out at the grounds.

“You never told me what you were really talking to yourself about last night,” he said as he settled into his chair.

“It was complicated.” She didn’t turn around.

“My father’s dead.”

“I know.”

He picked up a newspaper and started to skim the headlines.

“Thank you, Chloe.”

“You’re welcome.” She sat down and waited for him to pass her the front page.

(TBC)

I am soooo not an addict tiger04's Avatar
    That was a really cool chapter. I can't wait to see how it ends. please update soon
    AT

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Wow hmy: that was good.

Hope :biggrin:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :biggrin: Fantastic!! Loved it to bits!!! more more more! :

Let's rub Lex's head! TheDragonLady's Avatar
    *Moans in pleasure* I love this!

I adore this!

I need more of this!

Please.

Demented Detective Senior Member newbatgirl's Avatar
    This. Chapter. Rocked.

We. Need. More. Now.

Awesome job, 'bama. Can't wait to see where you go with this. Your Chloe has a helluva set of brass ones. I love that! :biggrin:

NS Senior Member Senior Member
    Thanks for the new chapter, it was awesome. I'm glad Chloe's just as sharp, smart, and quick as she was in her human incarnation. Can't wait to see how everything's resolved :biggrin: Update soon!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information