+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Freak - PG-13 - COMPLETE!

NS Senior Member Senior Member
    “Pretty much, yeah. I mean, what are you going to do, kill me?” She grinned at his annoyed look. “Relax, I might be the best security you’ve ever had.”
    Heh. Nice one.

Other than that, it's cool the way you have Chloe trying to adjust to her... un-aliveness, I suppose you could call it, for want of a better word. And, like Lark, I can't wait to see how Lex reacts when the shock wears off and the truth finally sets in.

One question, though... how come Gabe's not a ghost? But then again it might be asking a bit much to resolve the entire afterlife flowchart in a fic, so maybe I'll just forget that detail. ;)

Looking forward to the Chlex snooping!

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Ok I loved this update but how come Gab is not with her? It would be nice if she had him there. That way she would have company and they can be a father and daughter sleuth team with Lex's help.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

I absolutely love this story! :yay: Chloe as a ghost is an entirely new plot to venture into.

I think I understand why she's the only one who became a spectre. She still has some unfinished business and Lex have subconsciously called for her...probably :goof: . Anyways, Gabe basically led a sedentary life that his spirit didn't have much of a problem in passing on.

Please keep the updates coming :biggrin: .

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    I feel so sorry for Chloe!! She must feel so helpless to help all the people she loves!! In a way I'm glad that Gabe isn't with her!! I like to think of him peaceful in heaven!! Can't wait for more!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :biggrin: awesome awesome!!!!! man you have to update this like EVERY DAY!!! Well, no, but will you as soon as you can, it just fantastic! :worship2:

NS Full Member
    A/N: *squees* Loving the feedback, y'all! Except, I'm a little embarrassed... I think some of you have better ideas than I do :lol: Rest assured, however, there is a reason for Gabe's absence - but I can't tell you what it is without giving away the end. Ash, I will do my best to update everyday. I want to get this story out before I burn out on it! For those of you asking for more from Lex, it's coming, slowly but surely.

Thanks again for reading!

Lex entered his office and stopped at his assistant’s desk. She shifted the phone to her shoulder and handed him his messages and some files he’d requested the previous afternoon.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Luthor is not available for comment at this time. Yes, I realize there are several rumors floating around concerning his father’s case, but you will need to direct all questions to the prosecutor’s office.” She rolled her eyes at Lex.

“Hold my calls,” he mouthed to her. She nodded and stabbed a button on the phone to answer the next call.

Lex walked calmly into his office, glancing through his messages to see if there was anything of major importance. After he’d determined that there was nothing that need his immediate attention, he tossed the entire stack on his desk and flopped down in his chair. It rolled a few inches across the floor, and he allowed his momentum to turn him towards the windows overlooking the various buildings that comprised the Smallville division of LuthorCorp.

One got used to dealing with unusual events living in Smallville. By all rights, nothing should have surprised him. But being haunted was a bit unexpected, and he wasn’t quite sure what to make of it.

On the one hand, his ghost was perfectly friendly, and he had to admit that having Chloe around after he thought she was gone forever was something of a relief. Since his entire staff could see her, he didn’t feel like there was any danger stemming from her presence. As she had pointed out, she now held certain advantages when it came to investigation that he could think of plenty of uses for.

But on the other hand, it was just downright unnerving. When he ‘d questioned how she intended to get around before he left, she’d explained that she could simply go – whenever and wherever she wanted. Plus, there was the whole issue of why she’d returned. Was it a random occurrence, or was she sent specifically to him for a reason?

He sighed and rolled his chair back to his desk. When he returned home that night, he was going to have to dig a little deeper into how she came to be sitting in his study on the same day he’d seen her put into the ground forever.

Chloe stood in the middle of Clark’s bedroom. She was having a crisis of conscience. On the one hand, she didn’t want to do anything that might infringe on her promise to Clark to let him tell her his secrets when he was ready. But on the other hand, it was important that she do whatever she could to find out where he went. Unsure of where to start, she dropped to her knees to look under the bed.

“Geez, not even a dust bunny,” she muttered to herself. “Go Mrs. Kent!" She walked over to the small desk and considered how best to look in the drawers. Crinkling her nose, she finally bent over and simply stuck her face through the front. She was pleasantly surprised to find that she no longer needed light to see.
    But even at her up-close range, there was nothing to see in the drawers besides pencils and extra paper. Chloe stood up, frustrated.

“Come on, Clark, one little clue…” she said to the empty room.

“Who’s there?” she suddenly heard from down the hall. Silently cursing her stupidity, she looked frantically around for a good hiding place. Martha cautiously entered the room just as Chloe charged through the closet door. “Hello? Is someone here?”

Chloe heard the soft creak of the bedsprings, then there was silence. Finally, unable to contain her curiosity any longer, she carefully leaned her face through the heavy wood of the door. Martha’s back was to her, her face buried in her hands. As Chloe helplessly watched, she caught the barely perceptible shake of the older woman’s shoulders.

She wasn’t sure how long she had been standing there when Jonathan entered the room.

“Martha? Sweetheart, what is it?”

“I… I thought I heard Chloe… talking to Clark! God, Jonathan, this is making me crazy!” She collapsed into the arms her husband wrapped around her and sobbed into his chest.

Chloe slipped away from the door, her heart breaking. She was right there, but there was nothing she could do to ease Martha’s worries. The sight of her ghost wouldn’t help the woman’s sanity or her grief. If only she could find Clark…

Chloe slapped her forehead. Of course she could find him. All she had to do was desire it. Let’s get with the program, Dorothy, she thought. All you have to do it click those shoes… Squeezing her rolling eyes shut, she pictured his endearing smile, his flannel shirt, his broad shoulders…

The cold, unlike anything she’d ever felt, was made all the more remarkable by the fact that the last thing she had actually felt was the burn of the inferno that had taken her life. She shivered as she tried to peer through the fog that surrounded her. Unable to see anything beyond her hand in front of her, she stepped carefully forward.

She had only taken a couple of steps when she tripped and fell flat on her face. She gasped. Wherever she was, she had actual form. She scrambled to her hands and knees and felt for whatever she had stumbled over. Just a few inches in front of her, she felt skin - warm, living skin.

“Clark?” she asked frantically. Bending closer, she could see her friend curled into a fetal position, his face a mask of agony. She nearly blushed when she discovered he was naked, but she was more interested in rousing him from his seemingly catatonic state. “Clark, can you hear me? Clark, you have to wake up, I have to get you home!” She grabbed him under the arms and attempted to drag him into a sitting position, but she couldn’t budge his still form.

Without warning, the platform they were on began to quake and spark. Chloe screamed as a jolt of energy coursed through her veins. Holding onto Clark, she wished for home.

In the next instant, she found herself in her own bedroom, unfortunately without Clark. She blinked in surprise, and realized she was looking directly at someone who appeared to be packing her things.

“Chloe?” Lois asked in disbelief.

Chloe’s jaw dropped. Panicking, she sent herself back to the mansion. Her cousin's scream still echoing in her ears, she ran to the study and threw herself onto the couch, where Lex found her when he returned home several hours later. Taking in her dazed state, he carefully sat down beside her.

“Are you okay?” he asked softly.

She offered him a faint smile.

“Today was a really bad day.”

(TBC)

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :biggrin: this just gets better and better!!!!! :

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    I think it's interesting that Chloe was actually back in her own body when she was in the caves!! I think she should go back to Clark soon, maybe it will make her human again? Please!! I really enjoyed this update!! Please post again soon!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

LarkLuthor
    Just a Guest!
    Whoa! Talk about extreme! As usual, I'll take an more you post with relish.

Lark

NS Senior Member Senior Member
    Yikes, the Chloe ghost is scaring a lot of people, isn't it? It's nice how you have Lex calmly and rationally trying to analyse this new "freak". I'm hoping to see a nice long truthful Chlex chat between them soon, in addition to the Lionel-destroying.

Update soon :)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information