+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Secrets and Lies (NC-17) Completed

NS Senior Member Senior Member

With the "real" (and real crappy&#33 season 4 underway, we need you more than ever! You're an amazing writer.
    Totally agree.

An update, pretty please?

hateSmallvilleLoveChlex
    Just a Guest!
    Come back and update, Please!!!!!
    We need you!

I am soooo not an addict tiger04's Avatar
    please come back need an update.

AT

Miss Innocent-Or? 2005 Senior Member ColumbiaBlue's Avatar
    :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen: Why???? :crygreen: :crygreen: :crygreen:
    DAMN YOU LIONEL !!! :rage: YOU OLD FART BAG!!! "
    Word to that.

:crygreen:

Sadness.

More soon!!!

~Manda :

Insane Troll logic girl lexchloe's Avatar
    I'm torn between ..........for the smut and :crygreen: :crygreen: cos they can't see eachother anymore. Great story, please update soon.
    I tried to drown my sorrows, but the little buggers learned how to swim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NS Full Member
    A/N: *waves* Hi, remember this story? After a two month hiatus, the answer is probably no. But here's an update for those of who do remember it.

As she checked her messages, Chloe ran a hand through her hair. She prayed that there weren’t any from Shaw. She had just come from the office, but that didn’t mean that he hadn’t thought of something after she left that needed her immediate attention.

All of her messages were from classmates and acquaintances. Sighing, Chloe flopped down on the couch. She ripped off her shoes and closed her eyes, just enjoying staying in one place for more than three minutes. She could blame all of this on Shaw, but it was too much energy.

Plus there was the fact that she couldn’t be annoyed at his constant attention, for once. The case against Lionel was finally moving into high gear and she needed to go over all of the information that she knew numerous times. She needed to prep for Lionel’s lawyer’s questions and how not to get trapped by them.

It had been like this for the past three months. A judge had unexpectantly ruled against one of Lionel’s motions for a continuance. It was nice to see that there was still one judge that couldn’t be bought. However, being that everyone had been unprepared for the ruling, that meant that everyone was working around the clock to get the case ready.

Chloe had been forced to take a leave of absence from school. She had made up a dead relative, being sure to give the same story about how she died to the few people she had gotten to know in her classes. The messages on her machine were those of well wishes and inquiries of how she was doing. She would have to return some of those calls tonight if she didn’t want to arouse any suspicion.

But, for now, she’d just sit on the couch. She knew that she’d have to get up and forage in her apartment for food, but that was too much work right now. Before all of this had happened, she had needed constant stimulation to keep her entertained. She could now appreciate just sitting still and enjoying the quiet.

A tiny smile worked its way onto her face when she thought about Lex’s reaction to that. However, the movement was stilled when she thought more deeply of Lex. True to his word, they had not seen or communicated with one another since their time in the taxi together. It had been ten months.

Chloe had been amazed that Lex had actually stuck by his guns. She thought that after what had transpired between them that he would break and contact her. If nothing else to finish what they had started. But, as the weeks bled into months, she accepted that he had been serious.
    She leaned her head back on the couch and tried not to think about the way he had made her feel. Replaying their last meeting over and over was futile. It got her worked up with no proper way to relieve her tension. After having Lex’s hands on her body, her own didn’t suffice as well as they used to. She also didn’t want to dwell on the last words she had thrown his way. She didn’t regret them, she just wished that…..hell, she didn’t even know what she wished anymore.

That this whole mess had never happened, that went without saying. Other than that, her mind couldn’t come up with anything else but having Lex there with her. Or, at least, the chance that she might see him before she turned thirty.

After another twenty minutes of just sitting and thinking, Chloe felt as if her batteries had been recharged and changed into a comfortable t-shirt and shorts. She was now ready to face the kitchen. Surprisingly enough, she found that she enjoyed cooking.

As she made her way to the kitchen, there was a knock on the door. Chloe shook her head. She had a new, rather friendly neighbor. He was very witty, very good looking and very persistent. It didn’t matter how many times she turned him down, Jackson just kept on coming back. You could almost set your watch by nightly visits.

Chloe didn’t mind him dropping by, really. He was entertaining and kept her mind sharp with his opposing viewpoints. She just thought it would be better for him to accept that it was never going to happen between the two of them. The constant rejection had to be getting to him by now. Unfortunately, Chloe thought that he was under the impression that she was trying to play hard to get….not impossible.

She opened the door, a welcome ready on her lips. Her mouth closed when she saw that no one was at the door. Peering one way and then the other down the hall didn’t make anyone materialize out of thin air. She wasn’t alarmed, her guards were stationed at numerous entry points at the building, but slightly annoyed by the stupidity of the person that was playing with her.

Before turning around, something lying on the floor in front of her door caught her eye. It was a newspaper, she bent down, picked it up and then flipped it over.

For a few seconds, Chloe forgot how to breathe. She read the words screaming at her over and over again. It was the front page headline of, she checked the date, tomorrow’s paper.

Lionel Luthor Murdered by Fellow Inmate

The paper started to flutter and Chloe realized that her hands were shaking. She unfolded and quickly flipped through the paper. The layout, text and margins were all in the style of the Daily Planet. It didn’t look like a fake.

“I thought I’d deliver it personally.” His voice was almost directly in her ear, but Chloe didn’t flinch. Instead, she leaned back and felt his arms wrap around her. She dropped the paper and placed her hands over Lex’s.

“Is it true?” She didn’t see a reason why Lex would bring her a faked paper but she needed to hear him say it.

Lex nodded behind her, “He’s dead.”

Another question needed to be asked. “Did you…” she trailed off. If Lex had something to do with it, they would need to have a discussion. She had wrecked her life to salvage Lex’s. If he had taken action against his father….

“No,” he replied. Not to say he hadn’t considered it but he knew that Chloe expected better of him. Plus, he didn’t think that she’d ever be able to look at him in the same way if he orchestrated his father’s death. Besides, when he had put out some feelers he found that it would be next to impossible to get at his father in any way that would make it look like an accident. But, Chloe didn’t need to know that.

Chloe tilted her head back as Lex started to kiss her neck. “I had my lawyers contact the FBI as soon as I heard the news. I took the liberty of having your security detail removed. I hope you don’t mind.” He held her tightly against him.

When he had been given the news, he couldn’t believe it. Literally. He had insisted on going down to the prison to see his father with his own eyes. Apparently, his father had made a great many enemies in prison. Hard to do when one was in solitary confinement, but somehow Lionel had found a way.

Lex had approached the body and nodded when he saw it was his father. As the morgue attendant was about to cover his father again, Lex grabbed his wrist. “Give me a minute.”

He had sat there next to his father for much longer than that. He stared at the unmoving face that he knew so well and thought about the course of the man’s life, wondering where he had gone wrong. Where it was that he had taken a path that he couldn’t come back from. Lex knew he would have followed in those footsteps if not for a few key factors. Chief among them was Chloe.

After half an hour, he had pulled the sheet back and left the room without so much as a glance behind him.

Before leaving for the morgue, he had set the legal channels in motion to get Chloe out of the grip of the government. One of his lawyers had an old colleague that currently worked for the FBI. It took some serious string pulling and a promise of some donations to political campaigns but most of it had been taken care of within the course of a few hours.

Lex had waited until the detail had been pulled before both he and Savoy entered her building. They had counted the number of agents that had left the premises and one was unaccounted for. To no one’s surprise, Shaw was waiting in the lobby of Chloe’s building.

His already flushed face had deepened even more when he saw Lex and Savoy walk into the building. Peering over at Savoy, Lex could see the bemused expression on his face. Before Shaw could start laying into them, Savoy spoke.

“I hear Gibson wants to see you at the head office. I wouldn’t keep him waiting, Shaw. You’ve got some ass kissing to do if you want to keep your job.” Savoy stopped directly in front of Shaw. And, while Lex couldn’t wait to see Chloe, he felt it necessary to pause and watch their interchange.

“I’m sure it doesn’t look good for one of his top agents to be the last to know about a major break in his own case. Plus the fact that your job is to detect things and yet you couldn’t tie the three of us together.” He clucked his tongue at him, “Very shoddy work.”

The fist that was thrown his way was expertly ducked and Shaw soon found himself in a choke hold. He tried to speak, but Savoy’s forearm was placed right over his windpipe.

“Not to mention that you can’t throw a punch worth a damn.” Lex chuckled and hoped that this would give Savoy some much needed revenge and closure.

“Just don’t kill him,” Lex said, “I don’t think I could cover that up.” He paused. “Well, maybe…”

As he walked off he could see blind panic appear in Shaw’s eyes. Lex knew Savoy, though. The only thing that Shaw had to worry about was his pride….and his neck.

When he reached Chloe’s door, he took the newspaper out of the plastic bag he was carrying. He knocked on the door then retreated to a position in which he would have the best angle to view her face. Lex put the bag, now only carrying one other item, on the ground and waited for her to appear.

Even though he saw pictures of her on a daily basis, he still had a visceral reaction when he saw her. It was different, being so close to her and being able to hear her and see her move. The frozen images on paper couldn’t compare. Thankfully, they wouldn’t have to anymore.

He knew that she would ask if Lionel’s death was his work. Lex would never expect anything less from her. When he answered in the negative, he felt her whole body relax. He loved feeling her body pressed against his, but he needed to see her face. He stepped away from her and she turned towards him.

Lex smiled down at her, “How does it feel to be a free woman?” He placed his hands on her hips, needing there to be some sort of contact between them.

Chloe’s hands made their way up his arms and then to his shoulders. “Pretty damn good.” She gave his shoulders a squeeze before dipping her head and brushing her lips against his.

She felt Lex’s hands tighten on her waist and smiled against his lips before kissing him again. This time, letting her mouth linger over his. Lex’s hands started running over her back and Chloe sighed before he pulled her into a loose embrace.

With her cheek resting on his bicep, she opened her eyes. They narrowed at an object down the hall. She pulled back and looked up at Lex. “Did you bring me another present?”

“Sort of,” Lex said. He loved Chloe’s natural curiosity but wanted to hold onto her for a little longer before retrieving what else he had brought her. As usual, Chloe had other ideas. She pulled away from him and said, “Well, gimme.”

He chuckled and then walked over and picked up the plastic bag. “I hope it’s not too presumptuous of me.”

Chloe’s interest went up another notch. It was a bag from a convenience store which meant that it could be…she started to blush and then ducked her head to hide it. And, to look in the bag, of course.

Lex found Chloe’s reaction to be highly interesting. He quickly ran through what he could get at a corner store which would cause Chloe to blush. When his mind fastened on the most logical item, he couldn’t help but smirk. It seemed that Chloe’s mind resided in the gutter right now. Bless her.

When Chloe finally saw the contents of the bag, she was surprised. It was not what she had expected, but she grinned, none the less. She took out the small box and said, “You trying to tell me something Lex?” Secretly, she was very pleased at the gift.

“Well,” he said, shrugging and then shoving his hands in his pockets, “they do say that blondes have more fun.” He thought that the small token would lighten the mood between them considerably.

Chloe nodded and then motioned to her door. “Come in?” This was very strange. For some reason she felt awkward now. Maybe because nothing else was now standing in their way of being together. Chloe couldn’t help but remember that Lex had never returned her words….even though she told him not to. God, she was being the typical woman. She hated that.

Lex picked up on her nervousness and was amazed at how quickly her mood could change. “I’d love to,” he said. “Ladies first, though.” Chloe smiled at him and then walked into her apartment. He closed the door behind them and started to examine his surroundings. Even though Chloe’s name had changed, her style hadn’t.

Her whole space made you want to flop down and never leave. Though, he supposed it helped that the woman who inhabited said space consumed most of his thoughts every waking moment of the day. Lex watched her carefully as she walked through the apartment. He smiled slightly as she tried to tidy up the place. As if he gave a damn about the magazines and newspapers that were strewn all over her kitchen table.
    Chloe needed to do something in order not to pepper Lex with questions. She could feel his eyes watching her carefully, reading her body language. She tried to act natural, like her world hadn’t changed irrevocably in the last five minutes.

Focusing on the box in her hand, she said, “I’m just going to go…” Chloe gestured to the bathroom. Maybe she’d feel more like herself if she looked more like herself. Plus, it would give her some time to get rid of the nerves that were coursing through her body.

Lex merely nodded as he shucked off his jacket and threw it on the back of a chair. It wasn’t as if he was going anywhere. Plus, he wanted to have more time to snoop around her apartment. He could tell that Chloe was uneasy about something so he decided to give her space instead of pressing her about it at the moment.

When the door was closed behind her, Chloe took a few deep breaths and then let them out. She opened her medicine cabinet in order to apply some cream to her hairline to prevent staining. Her eyes immediately sought out the medication that she had gone on in the previous few months. She had rationalized to herself that it was for the pain she went through every month, to ensure consistency in her body….but, with a quick look back towards the closed door, she knew her other reason. Putting that out of her mind for the moment, she went about pulling a part of Chloe Sullivan out of her grave.

~~~~

For what seemed like the hundredth time, Lex stared at the bathroom door, willing it to open. He had gotten a new type of dye that had guaranteed to cut the time the job took by half. But, Chloe was still ferreted away where he couldn’t see or touch her. Maybe he shouldn’t have gotten her that. Sure, she seemed very pleased about the gift, but he was only delaying their gratification.

He ran a hand over his face, pulled himself together and then flopped back down on the couch. At least he could hear the hair dryer going now. He assumed that was the last part of the process and it also indicated to him that Chloe hadn’t climbed out of the window and shimmied down the drainpipe. Lex had seen how nervous and keyed up she was and wouldn’t put it past the young woman to do something rash without first thinking about having a discussion about it.

Lex was trying to be sensitive to what Chloe was going through, but if she stayed in there much longer, he couldn’t be held responsible for his rash actions. Within the first ten minutes, he had read over all of the asinine, glossy magazines that Chloe had strewn about the apartment. After that, he had leafed through her textbooks but had quickly become bored.

His boredom let up when he heard the door to the bathroom open. Lex quickly stood up and took in a less nervous looking, blonde, smiling Chloe. “Much better,” he stated before holding a hand out to her.

Chloe smiled wider and took his hand before sitting down on the couch next to Lex. “I hope you’re not implying that I looked bad before.” She kept her voice light and shot him a mock glare. She had had a little talk with herself during the dyeing process. Chloe was not going to brood, or ask Lex where they went from here or demand to know what he thought about their last conversation. She was just going to enjoy whatever happened between them from now on. No matter what, she was free.

Lex was pleased to see that Chloe seemed to have snapped out of whatever strange mood she had put herself in. He tested the waters and moved his other hand until his fingers were tangled in her hair. He twirled the end of the locks through his fingertips and concentrated on her face. Chloe had frozen as he started to study her features closely. He could see that she was holding her breath so he got right to the point, he didn’t want her passing out on him.

“You know that you always look beautiful to me.” The words came out easily and bereft of guile. Lex never had problems with paying a woman a compliment, especially when he believed it. Though he had seen Chloe crying, yelling, livid and sometimes petty, he couldn’t deny that she was always gorgeous throughout the myriad of moods that she displayed.

He knew what she wanted to hear from him, but Lex didn’t think that he could say the words. And, he didn’t know what ramifications he would face because of it. Chloe seemed to be weighing her options and deciding her next move.

Chloe didn’t doubt the veracity of Lex’s words and that touched her. She knew that Lex could talk a good game with women, but she actually believed him when he said that to her. She knew that she was important to him, that he’d do anything for her and that he wanted her. Chloe wasn’t sure if it should be enough, but it was.

Her mind made up, she leaned into his body and kissed him chastely on the mouth before murmuring, “Thank you, Lex,” against his lips. His arms instantly encircled her body and pulled her closer to him. Chloe allowed it to happen and then started to kiss her way down his throat as she unbuttoned his shirt with one hand.

Unable to stop himself from doing so, Lex shifted his lower body slightly on the couch. Even with just a few touches, Chloe had him ready. But, he wanted to take this slow with her. Besides, he had no idea how far ‘this’ would go tonight.

“You’re welcome,” he said back, his voice a little tight because by now Chloe had his shirt open and was running her right hand over his chest. It was a little distracting. He slackened his grip on Chloe’s body as she pulled back a little and looked up at him.

Having made her decision, Chloe wasn’t nervous anymore. She could see that she needed to convince Lex of that fact, though. He was holding himself back, waiting for more information before just pouncing on her. She took the hand that was resting on her hip and started to undo the cuff. “Do you remember the last time we were together, Lex?”

“It’s not something a man would soon forget, Chloe,” he stated. He wasn’t sure where she was going with this, so he would just answer the questions asked. But, he wasn’t going to complain while Chloe was undressing him. Making it easier for her, he brought his other hand around so she could undo the other cuff as well. “In fact,” he pitched his voice lower, “it’s something that I’ve thought about a lot.”

She grinned up at him and said, “I’ll bet.” She slid the shirt off of his shoulders with Lex’s help. After a moment of fighting with the fabric, Lex was totally divested of it and Chloe threw it in the vicinity of the coffee table. She pushed him back until he was pressed directly against the couch.

Lex watched as Chloe started to kiss his chest, starting with his pecs and then moving as far down as she could from her seated position. He placed his left hand on her head and smoothed his fingers through her hair. “Our time together was rather nice.” Chloe’s voice was muffled as her lips were pressed against his chest.

She looked up at him and said, “But, I think we can top that.” Lex saw that her eyes were dark, but there was no hesitancy or uncertainty in them. She wanted this. Wanted him.

Lex smiled down at her, a true smile, teeth and all. “Oh, I’d say we can.” He forcefully brought her mouth to his and slipped his tongue past her parted lips. He crushed her body to his and could feel her nails biting into his skin as he explored her mouth. He tilted her head, giving him better access to ravage her mouth. He felt her responding even more heatedly than before…something that he didn’t think was possible.

The angle was awkward for Chloe to kiss Lex properly. Plus, her ankle was bent in an uncomfortable position. Lex allowed her to pull back only slightly. She had enough room to maneuver herself until she was straddling Lex. His hands flexed on her hips when she rocked against him, his pleasure apparent. Which was why Chloe was so surprised by his next word.

Lex was sure that his tone was even and the word was clear. Chloe’s actions were already wreaking havoc on him so he needed to be sure to be firm on this one. After breaking their kiss he said, “No.”

"NO"????

wtf... :huh:

Lex my boy... wrong word! you meant "YE-EEE-EEES!"

Glad you kept going with this fic. Please, don't let it go for a whole 'nother two months... uppyeyes:

Sexified ChLex Addict Senior Member Blackberry's Avatar
    AAHHH Yeyy! i was wondering where this went! ^_____^

And an explanation as to why he denied their erm.... bodily needs would be nice sometime soon... ^_^

BB

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :huh: what what what!!!!

NO!!!!

WRONG WORD LEX!

More soon though, cuz that was fantastic!!!!! :yay: :biggrin:

hateSmallvilleLoveChlex
    Just a Guest!
    "NO"????

wtf...
    hmy: I full on said this aloud!

I'm soo glad that you updated, this rocks! Well, except for the "No" and the end to smut.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information