Thread: Banter Can Be Hell (NC-17)

creativegirl
    Just a Guest!
    :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: <---- how this fic makes me feel

:lol:

Bexter

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    A/N: I know I promised this chapter to you guys yesterday, but real life got in the way. Sorry. On the other hand, you finally get smut – so no complaining.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chloe stared blankly at him for a second, wondering what the hell had just happened. Lex Luthor had not only just kissed her, but he had kissed her in a public place where anyone walking by could see them – and she had responded&#33; Chloe opened her mouth to speak, but her body overruled what she was about to say. She quickly reached out and cupped his face with her hands, bringing his mouth down to hers almost possessively.

Lex was startled by her reaction, having half expected her to slap him for kissing her in the middle of the park – not that he was complaining. His arms slid around her back, drawing her closer to him as the kiss deepened. Lex mused that there was definitely something to be said for timing. If Lana and Gabe hadn’t been sick, then Chloe never would have gone to the library, and Lex wouldn’t have run into her and forced himself to act on his growing attraction to her.

They were both breathing heavily when they finally pulled their mouths apart and Chloe rested her forehead against his chest.

“Sorry,” she mumbled quietly against his shirt. He looked down at her in confusion as she started to push herself away from him. She smiled, but she looked embarrassed more than anything else. “Guess I got more worked up listening to ‘Storm Front’ than I thought,” she explained, the blush on her cheeks deepening. Lex grinned at her.

“If that’s how you react every time you hear his voice, then I might have to buy you the damn audio book,” he teased. Chloe’s smile relaxed and Lex put on a mock frown. “Although, I’m not entirely sure I want you listening to him – especially not if Clark’s the one you take your sexual frustrations out on next time.” Chloe let her head fall back in laughter.

“Yeah, because that’ll happen,” she said sarcastically. Lex cleared his throat and looked pointedly at her.

“You almost had sex with him in the Talon.”

“Well, it’s not like it’s happened since then.”

“I think you’re missing ---”

“I should get back to the library,” Chloe said, cutting him off.

“I’ll walk you.”

“That’s not necessary.”

‘She’s trying to turn me down after kissing me like *that*?&#33;’ Lex thought to himself. ‘God, she must really still have it bad for Clark - and of course I had to bring him up. Way to go Luthor.’ Another little voice popped into his head. ‘But she kissed *you* - and she wasn’t under the influence of an alien worm at the time to make her do it.’ Lex gave her a slight smirk. “Of course it is,” he said, offering his arm to her. Chloe shook her head.

“It’s really n---”

“Chloe, think of it this way: who knows how many meteor freaks could be between here and there?” he asked. Chloe placed her hands on her hips and arched an eyebrow at him.

“And *you’re* going to protect me?”

“Unless you’d rather I call Clark to ask him to walk you back to the library,” he answered with a teasing smirk. He felt a little guilty, because the statement was tantamount to blackmail, but he knew it would get to her. She wouldn’t want Clark to know that they had kissed and he was exploiting that. At the same time though, Lex really didn’t care. He had been dreaming of her for the last several months and now that he had finally gotten a chance to actually kiss her – and it had been so much better than he had fantasized – he wasn’t about to let her go. ‘Ever,’ he thought, but quickly tried to push down the idea that he might be interested in her for something more permanent than a short-term relationship.

“Er – no,” Chloe said. “He and Pete are already acting all big-brothery on me lately.” He heard the disdain in her voice and had to force down a sigh.

“Are you still in love with him?” Lex asked as they started to walk back to the library. She hadn’t taken his arm and he hadn’t expected her to – just hoped.

“Clark?” she asked. Lex let out what Chloe could have sworn was a small growl and she frowned. ‘He’s jealous? He has no right to be jealous. We just kissed – it’s not like we’re going out – or like we’re ever going to be going out,’ she thought to herself. ‘Yeah, just keep telling yourself that.’ If the look on Lex’s face was any indication, Chloe realized she probably shouldn’t mention the part about him having no right to be jealous. “Honestly, I don’t know. I still love him, but the more time I spend with him, the less suited I think we are for each other as anything other than friends.”

Chloe winced slightly after the words poured out of her mouth. She hadn’t intended to spill her guts like that, especially when it was something she hadn’t completely admitted to herself yet. It also made her a little uncomfortable that she was having this conversation with Lex in the first place. They shouldn’t have bantered, they shouldn’t have kissed, and she should definitely not be having the x-rated thoughts she was having about him right now. Lex grinned. He could tell that she had told him the truth, and it would make it much easier to make her his without her having an undying crush on Clark Kent.

He noticed the slow blush rise on her cheeks and chose not to comment on it. If her thoughts were running along the same lines his were, then they would get around to fulfilling them soon enough.

They reached the library and Chloe retrieved her bag from the clerk at the front desk, who still didn’t look up at them. Chloe was about to head back to one of the rooms when Lex caught her arm. She looked at him questioningly and he smirked at her, taking the bag off her shoulder and draping it over his own.

“I told you that I’d help you with your paper.”

“And you’ve been invaluable so far,” Chloe quipped.

“I’m a man of my word, Chloe,” he said in a hushed tone. He leaned forward, resting a hand on her hip as his lips went to her ear. “And of my actions.”

The librarian rolled her eyes.

“Could you two please take your foreplay somewhere else? I’m trying to read here,” she said with annoyance, and still not looking up at the couple to whom she was speaking. Lex smirked again and Chloe covered her face with her hand in embarrassment.

‘This isn’t happening,’ she thought in a desperate attempt to convince herself that she was just imagining it. She felt Lex’s hand press on the small of her back and they started to walk in the direction she had originally started to go. Her brow furrowed when Lex led her up the stairs and to one of the rooms at the very back that were rarely used by anyone. Of course, the library itself was rarely used by anyone anymore – not since computers took over the town and everyone could suddenly log on to see the world rather than spending their time in a place that smelled of mold and dust.

They walked into the room and Lex quietly shut the door behind them. Chloe turned around to face him when she heard the distinctive sound of the door locking reverberate through the room. Her eyes grew a little bigger and she finally realized where he had taken her.

The tales of the room at the back of the second floor of the library were almost legendary when they were back in junior high. Of course, most of the stories had been passed down over the course of ten years or so – when people still went to the library to study. Chloe could vividly remember Pete’s story of one of his older brothers going there to make out with his girlfriend and how he was going to do the same when he got a girlfriend. A bemused grin quirked at her lips as she wondered whether Pete ever got around to doing it or not.

“You brought me to the library’s make-out room?” she asked with a smile and laughter dancing in her eyes as she folded her arms across her chest. Lex grinned and couple of steps toward her. “And how did you even know about it? You weren’t forced to move here until just a few years ago and it hardly seems like the kind of place your usual – uh – women, would be interested in.” She patted herself on the back for not taking the load road that a spark of jealousy was trying to lead her down by calling his dates bimbos, sluts, or a host of other colorful expletives.

“I’m not sure I should tell you,” he said, taking another step closer to her and nuzzling his face against her hair. “It might ruin the mood.” Chloe snickered and gave him a gentle push away with her hands.

“If you *don’t* tell me, then there’s no mood to spoil,” she countered with a smile that Lex could only really call threatening. He forced a grin onto his lips and gave her a small shrug of his shoulders.

“Clark told me,” he admitted. “We were talking about him and Lana and if he ever ---” Lex trailed off as he literally watched the shudder go through Chloe’s body. She held up her hands and waved them in front of her.

“Whoa&#33; Way too much information&#33;”

Lex chuckled and leaned his back against the door so she couldn’t leave if that ended up being her next reflex action.

“He hasn’t if you’re curious,” Lex said. Chloe rolled her eyes and sloughed off his comment with a flick of her hand.

“Of course he hasn’t,” she said. She didn’t know what prompted her to make her next statement, and the only thing she could attribute it to was the fact that, despite her best efforts, she was really enjoying Lex’s company. “But she has.” Lex’s eyebrows rose in questioning surprise and Chloe moved to sit down on the end of the single table that graced the small room. “With Whitney,” she elaborated, dangling her feet over the side of the table.

Her skirt hiked up every time her feet fell back and Lex found himself starting at her legs rather than listening to what she was saying. Chloe noticed and grinned smugly before speaking again.

“See something you like?” she teased. His eyes rose to meet hers and Chloe’s smug expression dropped the second she swathe dark lust harbored in them.

Lex swiftly took the few steps it took to close the space between them and slammed his mouth down against hers. Chloe’s eyes grew wide and her brain told her to push him away, but her body was the one to take charge. Her hands gripped his shirt and pulled him closer as she reciprocated the kiss with full passion. Their tongues drove into each other’s mouths and Lex quickly leaned her back against the table.

Her legs wrapped around his waist and Lex moved his mouth to her neck, running his hand under her shirt at the same time. Chloe gasped as his deft fingers released the front clasp to her bra and started to tease one of her nipples. His teeth grazed the soft skin of her neck and she let out a loud moan when he began to soothe the area by suckling on it.

In the back of her mind, on some level, she knew it was wrong; but she couldn’t stop it – she *wouldn’t* stop it. She was so sick of always going for the guy who didn’t like her back. Well, Lex liked her back. Even if it was just physical - and she had a strange feeling that it wasn’t – he liked her back.

The throbbing heat between her legs became unbearable and she started to rock her hips against him in a search for release. Lex groaned and moved his lips to hers once again, immediately sliding his tongue into her mouth and playing with her own. He continued to roll her nipple with the hand he had under her shirt, and trailed his other to the juncture of her thighs until it reached her damp panties.

“God, Chloe,” he rasped out against her mouth. Chloe closed her eyes and unhooked her legs from his waist while he removed her underwear. She whimpered when she felt his fingers at her curls and his thumb brushed her clit. Her hips jerked off the table when he slowly inserted a finger into her, massaging her clit at the same time.

“Lex,” she said in a begging voice. “Please.” She was surprised to hear the words coming from her mouth, and she refused to recognize the truth that lay beneath them. She *needed* him.

Lex obliged and started pumping his finger in and out, adding a second, and eventually a third to help stretch her out for what was to come. He couldn’t believe how tight she was and that she was actually letting him do this. He finally dared to hope that perhaps it wasn’t just physical attraction – and that she possibly did return his feelings for her. He doubted that she would be about to make love with him in the library if she didn’t. Lex tried to push aside his mind’s choice of words for what they were going to do, but he couldn’t.

Chloe’s inner walls clamped around his fingers and he barely lowered his mouth to hers in time to drown the sound of her scream. Her sounds of pleasure had been loud enough to encourage him, but not so loud as to alert anyone to their presence in the room – but if the other people in the library heard the loud cry of her orgasm shaking her body with release, then he felt quite sure that Chloe would never speak to him again.

Within the space of a couple of seconds, Lex released his belt, unbuttoned and unzipped his slacks, and let the material pool around his ankles as he freed his cock. Chloe opened her eyes at the sound of the zipper and was still panting heavily when she managed to nod. Lex positioned himself, raising her feet to rest on the tops of his shoulders, and then moved into her slowly. He could still feel the residual juices from the last time she came and it helped to lubricate him into going in further more quickly than he thought.

Chloe and Lex started moaning loudly as they met each other thrust for thrust, harder and faster each time. He saw her biting her lip to try and keep the throaty noises coming with her impending second orgasm from springing forward and he grunted. She wasn’t going to let herself release again if she was worried about the natural sounds that her body wanted to make.

“Let it go, Chloe,” he said in a husky whisper, pushing into her harder and feeling his own climax coming upon him. “Let it go for me.”

Chloe’s head went back as her body arched toward him. Her wet velvet walls squeezed him tight and Lex and Chloe both gave made sounds that were a combination of a scream and a moan as they hit their releases together. Lex slowly gathered the strength to help lower her legs and then, taking in gulps of air, he slowly lowered himself on top of her.

Once they recovered their breath, their lips met again in a sweet, open embrace. Chloe hands circled around the back of his head and neck and Lex moaned into her mouth. He pulled away from the kiss ever so slightly so he could look in her eyes. Briefly catching a glimpse of the satiation he saw there, he let his own eyes flutter closed – and ignored the loud rapping on the outside of the door.

TBC…

odd duck
    Ah, smut. Ok, for that I forgive you for takeing so long, but I expect the next chapter soon&#33;

NS Full Member
    sigh. That was oh so very nice. Ain&#39;t I can&#39;t wait to see who&#39;s on the other side of the door and what excuse they&#39;ll come up with for all of the noises they were making.

Blue

who can it be at the door? lionel? :evilbat:

NS Full Member
    Oh no&#33; Who&#39;s at the door?&#33;?&#33; You&#39;ve made me appreciate Chlex in a library :lol:

NS Full Member
    well i&#39;m never gonna look at the library study room the same way again... pity we have glass winows tho...

that was awesome, well worth the wait&#33;&#33;

:yay: sorry, i just love this button... he&#39;s so cute....

: Sway

bored and dangerous Senior Member sabby's Avatar
    Sittin by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere...
    :yay: Chlex smut in the Library&#33; :yay3:

It&#39;s gonna be interesting to see how they explain the moaning and screaming to the librarian- dragon :biggrin:

Does that mean they are a couple now or will they go all guilty/avoidy? Please not&#33; I want to see smut and happiness here and a little bit of Gabe-the-concerned-Daddy action, maybe.

Please update ASAP

can&#39;t wait to see what comes next

hugs,
    Sabby

NS Senior Member Senior Member sydsvaughn's Avatar
    Ah smut. The joy. The thrill. The deliciousness of having a hellish day on the road end with some lovely library Chlex smut. Thank you, thank you, thank you&#33;&#33;

Oh and MORE, MORE, MORE&#33;&#33;

Sara

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    A/N: Happy birthday Adeylan&#33;&#33;&#33; In honor of your birthday, I had chocolate cake and strawberries this morning for breakfast. Seriously, I did – but not for your birthday – I was just hungry. *smile*

~*~*~*~*~*~

Chloe ignored the sound on the outside of the door and took Lex’s earlobe into her mouth, gently grazing it with her teeth before she started to suckle it. The warm arousal of her actions swept through Lex and he let out a stifled groan, bucking his hips against hers as he started to grow hard against her again.

“God, Chloe,” he rasped out. Chloe released his earlobe and trailed soft kisses along his jaw until she captured his mouth with her own. Their tongues met each other, slick and wet as they slid together in an age-old dance. Chloe’s hands went to the back of his head and neck as she tried in a vain attempt to get her body closer to his.

Chloe’s breathing went ragged and she was practically panting when their eyes connected and he understood her silent plea. He kissed her as he positioned himself between her legs once again. His cock drove into her and Chloe’s body arched toward him, her hips already starting to match the rhythm he was slowly developing. Chloe threw her head back and screamed as Lex adjusted his position just a little and hit her clit again and again as he pounded into her.

“Lex&#33;” she wailed, her inner walls clamping around him and milking him as her orgasm shot through her. Lex gasped at the sensation of Chloe’s body trying to suck him in even further and then let out a strangled moan of her name as his own climax hit him. He lay down on her again, breathing in gulps of air as he tried to regain his composure.

The knocking on the door became louder and more persistent and Lex gave a small sigh and finally, slowly pushed himself off of Chloe. She smiled up at him and started to rise from the table as well.

“Time to face the music,” Lex quipped. He pulled up his pants and arched an eyebrow at Chloe when she snickered.

“And what a pretty song it is too,” she said sarcastically. One corner of his mouth lifted into a lopsided grin when he realized that she wasn’t making fun of him.

“The shrill song of the bitter librarian,” he added in a voice and fake accent that reminded Chloe of all of the nature documentary films she had been forced to watch in school. Chloe smiled, but scrunched up her nose afterward.

“I like your James Marsters impression better,” she said. Lex let out a low chuckle and finished straightening his clothes.

“Why does that not surprise me?” he asked. He picked up her bag and slung it over his shoulder casually. “You know, if I had known ---”

The knocking on the door turned into a light pounding and Chloe and Lex exchanged a look. He could see the nervousness underneath her cool exterior and he half-grinned at her as he placed his palm against the small of her back.

“Open the door. I know you’re in there.”

Lex tried not to smirk when he heard the voice come from the other side of the door. It sounded like the person was trying to be as loud as they could without drawing other people’s attention in the library. Chloe just shook her head at him.

“I’m never going to be able to come back here,” she said.

“You look crushed,” Lex teased. Chloe arched an eyebrow and then looked down at her outfit.

“I *was* crushed.”

“I mean it - if you don’t open that door, I’ll ---”

Lex took a step forward and opened the door, revealing a boy who looked to be a little younger than Chloe. The boy’s face paled and he took a couple of steps back when he saw the rather imposing man in front of him.

“Friend of yours?” Lex asked Chloe. She shook her head.

“Never seen him before.”

“I – uh ---” the boy stammered, taking another step back. “I thought you were someone else,” he said. “Sorry.”

Chloe and Lex watched with amusement and a touch of disbelief as they watched him scurry away quickly.

“Well. That was --- interesting,” Chloe said. “You think we scarred him for life?”

“Probably,” Lex replied with a smile. His attention was soon turned away from Chloe and to her bag as it started to vibrate against his side. He arched a questioning eyebrow at her.

“Something I should know about?”

“My phone,” Chloe answered and held out her hand for her bag. A mischievous expression took over Lex’s face and Chloe’s eyes went wide. “Lex,” she said warningly.

Lex’s hand slid into the side pocket of her bag where he could see the top part of her cell phone sticking up. Chloe reached over and desperately tried to grab it away from him, but he tauntingly held it out of her reach and she only succeeded in rubbing herself up against him. Lex chuckled.

“You want it?” he asked huskily. Chloe responded by lightly punching him in the gut.

“Don’t be an ass,” she said and tried to snag the phone away from him while he clutched his stomach in mock pain. He smiled impishly and clicked the phone on, holding it up to his ear and dodging her as she continued to try and take the phone. “Lex&#33;”

“Hello?” he answered.

“Uh – is Chloe there?”

Lex frowned at the male voice he only partially recognized.

“Gabe? Is that you?” he asked. “God, you sound awful.”

Chloe winced at Lex’s greeting to her dad. She could tell from his sincere tone that he wasn’t joking about who he was talking to and she didn’t look forward to trying to explain why her dad’s boss was answering her cell phone. She was about to get very lucky.

“I feel worse than I sound,” Gabe answered.

“I’m sorry to hear that,” Lex said. Chloe let out a small, suffered sigh and held her hand out for the phone. “Oh – here’s Chloe.”

“Hey Dad,” Chloe greeted carefully. “How are you feeling?”

“Horrible,” he answered. “My sinuses are all stuffed up – I could barely make out what Clark was saying.” Chloe glanced at Lex and bit her lip to keep from laughing; earning her a quizzical look from Lex that she brushed it off with a wave of her hand.

“Sorry,” Chloe told her dad. “So, what’s up?”

“I know you’re studying, sweetie, but do you think you could stop by the store for me? We’ve run out of cold medication and neither of us seems to be able to keep anything other than soup down ---”

“You want soup and meds,” Chloe stated as if she were writing it down on a checklist, “no problem. Anything else?” Chloe made a face as she heard the distinctive sound of Lana throwing up in the background. “Ginger ale or something?”

“Yeah, that would be great. Thanks, Chloe.”

“I’ll be there soon, Dad. Bye.” She hung up her phone and let out a breath of relief when she looked at Lex. “He thought you were Clark.”

“What?”

“When you were on the phone with him – his ears are plugged, so he couldn’t hear you very well, and he thought you were Clark.”

“Why would Clark be answering your cell phone?” he asked. Chloe shrugged and they started walking back through the library.

“He’s my friend,” she answered.

“I don’t like it,” Lex thought aloud.

“You don’t like what?” Chloe asked. Lex blinked once in surprise, not realizing that the words had actually come out of his mouth.

“I don’t like the fact that he’s okay with Clark answering your phone.”

“Why?”

“Because it implies that you and he are more intimately involved than you are.”

“Wow. That didn’t sound jealous,” Chloe said sarcastically. He gave her a partial warning glare and she smiled teasingly at him. “If it would make you feel better, you can tell him that *you* were the one to answer the phone, and that *you’re* the one I’m intimately involved with – or, you know, whatever that was,” she said, motioning with her head back toward the room they had just come from. She had, of course, just been kidding when she made the suggestion; and she blanched slightly when he nodded in response.

“It would,” he said.

“Lex, no - I was just joking,” she said in an almost panicked voice. Lex allowed a small smirk to grace his lips.

“Then you shouldn’t have offered.”

“But I didn’t&#33; I ---” she stopped talking for a moment when a few people in the library glared at her for her sudden outburst. “I was just kidding - *really*,” she continued in a whisper. “I mean, how embarrassing would *that* be?” They reached the main doors and Lex held one open for her.

“I guess we’re about to find out,” he said, not able to completely conceal the teasing quality lining his voice. Chloe’s eyes grew wide and Lex circled his free arm around her back. “After we go to the store, of course.”

“Okay, I changed my mind.”

“About?”

“You *are* the devil.”

TBC…

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information