+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Choose Your Own Chlexventure (PG-13 to R)

NS Full Member
    I'm going to go with A.

NS Full Member
    Originally posted by LaLa@Jul 5 2004, 04:53 PM
    ok, so i'll take the same decision as moultipass, seing as how we're well coordinated lol A, first door...
    Damn, now, I'm gonna have to let you choose first next time! :

Moultipass :chlexsign4:

well, life ain't esay hun'!

NS Full Member
    A/N:Sabby: So you thought the hallway was safe? MUAHAHAHAHAH

A/N: Blue: Oh, lovies. Shouldn't you guys know that no way is safe with us? Enjoy.

Chloe watched as Lex looked first at the door and then peered down the hallway. It was pitch black where they were standing, but it seemed lighter down the hall. Almost as if there was some sort of light down there.

Without so much as a word to Chloe, Lex walked down the hall. She gritted her teeth, keeping a biting comment from escaping her mouth. Fighting wouldn’t get them anywhere. She silently followed him down the hall and finally saw what was illumining the darkness.

It was, of all things, a crystal ball. It was in the center of a small, circular table. The orb was glowing and Chloe thought she could also hear a low humming sound coming from it. She moved around Lex and saw that the surface of the ball was cloudy and appeared to be moving.

Lex kept peering down the hall, trying to find if this could potentially be a way leading out of this damn fun house. What had he been thinking following a damn anonymous note out into the middle of nowhere.

He was taking care not to touch anything so all his alarm bells started ringing when Chloe brushed past him on her way to a small crystal ball on a nearby table. 'What is it with women and sparkling objects?' Lex immediately turned and followed her. His eyes widened as she reached out to the ball. “Chloe, don't!” His hand closed over hers at the same moment that she touched the crystal, his fingertips barely grazing the smooth surface of the ball. Searing pain shot behind his eyes as his vision whited out.

She really hadn’t meant to touch the crystal ball. But, she almost couldn’t help herself. She vaguely heard Lex calling her name and felt his warm hand cover her own. Then, she grabbed at her head as bolts of white hot pain shot through it.

When she took her hands away, she looked up just in time to see a woman staring down at her. Rage was clear in her eyes and Chloe didn’t have a chance to defend herself as the woman’s fists began to pummel her about the head and shoulders.

More pain flared through her body. As she tried to move her hands in order to fight back, Chloe found that she couldn’t. She crawled away from the woman and noticed that she was no longer in the fun house. She was in a huge, opulently decorated room. When she caught sight of herself in a full length mirror, she gasped.

Staring back at her was the face of a young, petrified Lex Luthor. He was bleeding from his upper lip and his eye had already started to turn purple.

She heard a high pitched scream from behind her and felt Lex’s emotions. He was terrified and confused. Chloe could feel the tears starting to form behind his eyes. But, he felt like he deserved it, too. She couldn’t get a handle on what was happening. She didn’t have time to before Lex whipped around in time to watch the woman, his mother, she knew that now, pick up a small table and throw it in his direction.

‘My fault, my fault.’ Chloe could actually hear Lex’s thought. ‘I’m sorry, Mom.’ She felt the tears starting to slide down his cheeks. He didn’t wipe them away.

“You ungrateful bastard, I did it for you, I did it all for you.” Lex’s mother looked like a madwoman but all Lex wanted to do was hold her and tell her it would be alright.

Lex didn’t try to fend his mother off as she grabbed him by his shirt and Chloe felt her nails dig into Lex’s skin. She was screaming right in his face now. Chloe could feel her spit hit his lips. Again, Lex didn’t react. “I *killed* him for you!” His mother pulled back and slapped him.

Chloe felt Lex’s head snap back and he fell to the floor as his mother let him go. She leaned over and hissed, “You’re just like *him*. You’ll bring nothing but pain to the world.” She got right next to his ear. “It should have been *you*.”

She kicked Lex in the ribs and Chloe felt the wind being knocked out of him. His mother walked out of the room and Lex curled up into a little ball. Chloe couldn’t take it anymore. Not the physical pain, Lex was dealing with that. But, the force of what he was feeling was coursing through her body unchecked.

The shame, the guilt and, despite what had just occurred, the overwhelming love for his mother. It was too much. She had to get the hell out of here. Putting aside the fact that she was about to break down from what she, or Lex, was feeling, this was wrong. It was too intimate to be able to feel the racking sobs that were starting to take over his body.

Lex's eyes snapped open as a massive body pressed into him from behind, huge hands mauling him roughly, pulling him back against a hardness that pressed between his asscheeks. Panic was rising in him, sweat breaking out over his face and all over his body. 'Oh god, no, please no, so stupid, please no, fuck.' But the rambling thoughts weren't his own. Looking down the length of his body, Lex's sight was immediately obscured by blond wisps covering falling over his face. Through them he could see creamy white skin, an ample cleavage, short skirt….

A scream ripped from his throat as his head was yanked back violently by the hair with one of the rough hands while the other grabbed the left breast almost viciously and squeezed hard. Lex felt a stinging, burning pain in both places and couldn't even decipher which hurt worse. “Clark, no!” Not his voice. Oh god, Chloe. Lex was still thrown between panic fear and rambling thoughts running through his, or rather Chloe's, mind at the speed of light as the voice belonging to the massive bulk of a man behind him seeped into his ear. “I told you that's not my name.” Chloe's hair got another quick jerk and a huge sloppy tongue ran squarely over his ear. Lex shuddered in disgust along with Chloe. “Let me go!” She demanded, but her voice was trembling.

Lex's senses seemed to overload as he felt the rough manhandling and got lost in the mantra of 'No, no please, no stop, so stupid, I'm so stupid' that ran loud in Chloe's ears. His own emotions seemed subdued even though he was dimly aware of the seething hatred that bubbled up inside him as Clark kept mauling Chloe with his hands, lips and teeth. “Why, Chloe, I thought that's what you wanted. In fact weren't you just gagging for it last spring?” This time one of the huge paws roughly went down and under the waistband of Chloe's skirt as a scream of pain and panic was drowned out by pounding techno beat. “No, please.”

It was a whimper and even though Lex desperately willed himself to stand up straight, to make his arms move, push, scratch, pound into the huge male behind him, Chloe's arms came up weakly, trying to cover herself as she squirmed against Clark behind her. “Let me go!” He could feel the tears streaming down her face and the air clogging up in his throat as fear rose to a fever pitch. “Please, stop,” exhaled on a sob. Inside Lex was shaking, this was too much. God and she'd never told anyone, he knew that as sure as he knew that this was the summer that Clark had never told him about, the summer before everything went to hell in a hand basket. It was too much, just too much and everything seemed to go black around the edges as a large hand had come around to envelope his throat and. 'I'm sorry daddy, I'm sorry, Clark, I'm sorry...'

And suddenly he felt the weight of Clark lifting from behind his back and being pulled away and this was it. This was his chance, god he had to get away and he had to get out of here somehow, Chloe's heart was jack hammering inside her chest and her shirt was torn and only haphazardly covering her and Lex was getting lost and couldn't tell the difference anymore between his own emotions and hers and 'God, gotta get out of here gotta get out of here,' even their voices mixed inside his mind.

There had to be a way out, there just had to 'Got to get away, please just...' Everything seemed to blur around him, the sound of the beat and music around him suddenly seeming to come through cotton balls in his ears and Chloe's legs were stumbling under him, not looking up, gaze steadily on the floor and moving fast, running, jamming into other people, trying to get away and out and 'Just home, please I just want to go home' Chloe's thoughts 'God, I have to get out of this, it hurts, no idea how much it could hurt' Lex's own as he stumbled through a door and into the night and suddenly he saw headlights coming from his left and he looked into them, eyes wide and unblinking and everything froze and disappeared into stark white surrounding, swallowing.

Lex jerked out of it, vision hazy and breath coming in hard pants, his hand still covering Chloe's and body pressed against her back, he immediately jerked back and gave her room without conscious thought.

When Chloe opened her eyes again, she wasn’t at Luthor Manor anymore. She could see the walls of the fun house in front of her. Lex was pressed against her for a moment and then she felt him take a step back. Chloe tried to get herself under control before turning around. She wiped away the tears that had slipped out from under her lids and took a deep breath before turning around.

She could still feel Lex’s emotions, but they were beginning to ebb away. She was certain that he had never told anyone about what had happened that day with his mother. Chloe didn’t want to analyze the psychology of how that had influenced his choice of women that only seemed to want to hurt him. It also explained where he had gotten that scar from and why when the press asked about it, he changed the subject.

Chloe turned around and a small noise left her throat when she saw Lex. He was pale and drawing ragged breaths. When Chloe took a step towards him, she could see that he was trembling slightly. ‘Oh, god. He had to go through that again.’

It was the only explanation for why he looked that way. And, it was all her fault, if she hadn’t touched that damn crystal ball, this wouldn’t have happened. “Lex, I’m sorry.” Chloe didn’t know what else to say. “Are you ok?” She kept her voice low and soothing.

Lex's gaze flew to her face and saw the smudged makeup and the wide open eyes. “Me,” he croaked. He cleared his throat. “God, Chloe. Why didn't you ever tell anyone? How could he...” he shook his head and realized that his hands were still trembling. As soon as they got out of here he'd have words with Clark. Words being a very flowery euphemism for beating the living daylights out of this self righteous, abusive, rotten...His thoughts stopped short when he saw Chloe's eyes fill with confusion.

Chloe had no clue as to what was going on. Lex had mentioned a ‘he’ and that didn’t make sense with what she had just seen. She shook her head as she slowly approached him. She started to reach out to him, but thought better of it and lowered her hand. “Lex, what are you talking about?”

Lex shook his head and narrowed his eyes, if he'd just relived one of Chloe's memories, most likely she'd been...”Chloe, what did you see when you were...” He motioned towards the crystal at a loss for words.

“I saw your mother.” She paused, she didn’t know how to put it delicately. Lex was looking at her intently and he would know if she lied. “I saw her hitting you.” Her voice was barely above a whisper. “I’m so sorry, Lex. Whatever it was that you thought was your fault, you didn’t deserve that.” Her voice was strong with conviction. There was nothing that a child could have done that would warrant such violence.

Lex nodded mutely. Pushing her comment from his thoughts he looked straight back at her, finally regaining his composure. He didn't know how to sugar coat his words and he didn't think it necessary. “I saw Clark, trying to rape you. It was somewhere in Metropolis so I'm assuming it was the summer I spent rotting on the island.” He didn't even notice the cold, hateful tone his voice had taken as he once again envisioned himself tearing apart the bastard that he'd once called his friend.

‘It wasn’t him.’ Even after what had happened, Chloe had made excuses for Clark’s action. But, she knew that even though Clark hadn’t truly been himself, it was still a *part* of him that had tried to do that to her. She dropped her gaze and stared at the floor. She had noticed the way that Lex had deflected any conversation about what he had been through. Instead, he had put the focus back on her.
    “Yes, that’s when it happened,” she said simply. She didn’t feel the need to explain it anymore. If Lex’s experience was anything like her own, he wouldn’t need her to go into any more detail.

Lex nodded and reached out his hand. “Let's go,” he said, his voice calmer now. “And I'm sure we can agree on not touching anything from now on, right?”

Chloe took his hand and nodded. God only knew what would happen the next time that she decided to play with whatever the fun house threw their way. As they walked back down the hallway, Chloe linked her fingers through Lex’s. She knew that she’d never be able to look at him the same way now that she had seen what his mother had done to him.

Lex's grip briefly returned the pressure, then kept her hand loosely in his as they continued down the corridor. “I don't even want to know what would have waited for us behind that other door.” As soon as the words were out of his mouth, he could see the end of the hallway. Straight ahead was a window that had been haphazardly nailed shut with a few planks and on the adjourning walls a door on each side. “Fuck,” he voiced heartfelt.

Chloe sighed. They’d have to pick a way to go. Unless, of course, they wanted to try and get the boards off of the window. Which, would be a fool’s errand. “I know I’m going to regret saying this, but it certainly can’t be as bad as….” Chloe trailed off.

Something had caught her on the floor, she bent down and picked up a crowbar. It hadn’t been there when they had walked down the hall before, she was sure of it. They would have tripped over it. But, it was here now. She dropped Lex’s hand and walked over to the window. “It’s worth a shot,” she said, shrugging.

Lex stepped back as Chloe swung out with the crowbar. “Do you want me to...” The crowbar sank between two of the planks with a sickening crunch and Lex watched as Chloe used her full strength to pull it down and pry the upper one away from the window. “Okay,” he smirked.

Chloe took her frustration out on the window and it felt damn good. Stupid house thought that it could just have its way with her and Lex. When she peeked out the window, she shook her head and then looked again. It was impossible.

The window was at ground level. They had climbed up a hill to get to the funhouse and there was no way that they had gone down at any point. Nevertheless, Chloe saw what she saw. She stepped back and said to Lex, “Take a gander.” Maybe he’d be able to make more sense of it.

Lex had averted his eyes from Chloe's display of violence, conscious to not risk any flying splinters ending up in his eyes and was currently staring at something else, or rather, the lack of something else. “Uhm, same goes for you.” He motioned at the blank wall were only minutes before there'd been a door to his right.

Frustrated, Chloe threw the crowbar on the floor. “Well, fuck a duck. What the hell is that about?” She gestured to the wall. She ran her hands through her hair. “You know what, I don’t care. That,” she pointed to the window, “doesn’t make any sense either.”

Stepping around her, Lex took a look out of the window. His eyebrows would have connected with his hairline, if he'd had one. “Huh,” he deadpanned. “Am I the only one strangely reminded of Twilight Zone?” He asked without looking back at Chloe.

“Right there with ya, Lex,” Chloe murmured. “Though, it’s nice to have company while going crazy.” She looked back at the other door. ‘Why do we always have to decide whether to go through some sketchy door or something else. Why are there no fluffy bunnies leading us out of this place?’
    “Not to sound like a broken record, but, what now?”

Lex shrugged. “Well I don't particularly wanna go all the way back from where we came.” He turned around to the hallway that now all of a sudden ended a few feet down in a solid wall. “Which obviously isn't even an option anymore.” Jerking his chin up, he turned his head back to Chloe. “Ok, if this is anything like Twilight one this wall is probably gonna start to move any second, so door or window?”

A: Door

B: Window

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :biggrin: YAY!!!!! this is so brilliant, but can I just say DAMN!!! that was one hell of a rollacoster ride! hmy:

DOOR!!!!! I just have vissions of dawn of the dead Zombies with the whole window thing.

mmmh, i'd say window, to change the whole 'doors are evil'

so B!

xoxo LaLa

NS Full Member
    Okay... everybody witnessed that I said I'd let LaLa choose first, which means that now I have to agree with her, which means if anything bad happens to them (and it will&#33 it's all her fault! :biggrin:

Choice B, window.

This chapter was... well beyond words!

Moultipass :chlexsign4:

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    I don't think I should choose again!! I've seen what's happened to poor Lex and Chloe because of my last two choices!! Oh well, I guess I'll choose B this time, maybe it's just A that's cursed?!! :chlexsign4:

Demented Detective Senior Member newbatgirl's Avatar
    B. Window I wanna see what's out there.

P.S. Excellent dialogue, BTW, as usual.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    I am bowing out. I refuse to choose.

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information