+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Great Plans Think Alike - R

A/N: This is my first fan-fic, so I hope you like it. MANY THANKS to Tigerbaby for all her work trying to get me to remember all those grammar lessons in school my story is much better for her efforts. You’re amazing. Thanks also to SaraC and my best-friend Mary for all their encouragement. So here goes nothing.

Title: Great Plans Think Alike
    Author: Campbti
    Rating: R
    Email: lanae_campbell@yahoo.com
    Pairings: Chlex
    Spoilers: Through season 3
    Category: Romance
    Summary: Begins with Chloe’s eighteenth birthday party. Chloe and Lex both have some plans, see how they turn out.
    Disclaimer: I don’t own them, wish I did, well Lex anyway. So, don’t sue me.

Chapter 1 – To each their own

He checked the list of foods to be served that evening and gave a curt nod to Ms. Dixson signifying that he was satisfied with the preparations. Ms. Dixson smiled a small smile, took the paper from him and hurried out of the room, letting out a sigh that seemed to indicate the difficulty she had encountered at this seemingly simple task. She had prepared countless Luthor dinner parties and soirées but Mr. Luthor seemed particularly hard to please on this occasion. She couldn’t imagine what was so important; after all, it was only a birthday party for an eighteen-year-old high school girl. However, no one was stupid enough to have actually said it out loud, let alone directly to Mr. Luthor.

Today was the day, Lex thought, no more excuses, no more would he push away the thoughts that had plagued his days and haunted his nights. Today he would face his demon and he would put his plan into action. And it was not a simple plan, but a complex thing that seemed to have taken on a life of its own. The Lex of old would simply have set out to get the girl drunk and have his way with her; surely once he had taken her, this insistent need that pushed at the edges of his sanity would finally be gone. He knew how quickly his wants and desires burned themselves out. The lucky girls lasted a week, most were tossed out the same night. He hated actually sleeping with them afterward, some took the hint, some needed him to physically move them out the door.

He was not that Lex Luthor; he was more settled, more sure of himself and what he wanted, and what he wanted was her. He fought it for a few months, then simply ignored it, then when the desires and thoughts began to pervade not only his dreams but his waking hours, he had to finally examine what it all meant. Surprisingly, he discovered that what it meant was that he wanted her more that just for a night, or even just for her body, he wanted her mind, her spirit. And more surprisingly he didn’t want to break her spirit, he wanted to hold it close and feel the fire that burned from it. The fire that he felt inside himself, that had seemingly always been there, the one that helped protect him from his father, but that also drove him closer to becoming more of the devil himself. But his was darker and less pure, having been tended by anger, hurt, manipulation and pain. Hers burned true and white-hot, just inside her eyes.

She would let him see it sometimes, when they talked or fought about something. Their fights were never angry, just differing opinions and too much caffeine. He had recently begun to take an opposing view from her just to bring out that fire, to see it burn in her eyes, to feel it directed solely at him. They shut out the world when they talked. In the beginning people would come over and try to join the conversation, but no one could compete with them, they were too powerful. Within minutes they would flip topics catching the unsuspecting intruder off guard and then continue their dialog sending the offending trespasser scurrying away. Lately everyone knew to keep their distance. Lana would quietly come up and fill their cups and hurriedly leave as not to be caught in the line of fire. There was no need to worry about payment or what they were having. Lex always paid and they always had the same thing. In Smallville it was simply Lex and Chloe.

Chloe for all intents and purposes was not happy about this birthday; I mean 18 yeah great, now what, you could vote, she was just too pragmatic to believe her one vote mattered. And she just couldn’t see anything else good about it. Clark had said that she would be an adult now. Well after the obvious eye rolling that he should have known was coming, but of course never expected, came and went, she simply smiled and told him that she had been an adult for quite some time and that some ridiculous age that you could now legally have sex in all the states did not suddenly bring about a new coat of wisdom. And there it was, the real problem with the whole thing. SEX. She wanted it, had wanted it, but she just couldn’t bring herself to do it with some mindless jock or guy she had picked up at a club in Metropolis. She wanted HIM, she wanted to feel his smooth skin under her hands and to feel his eyes boring into hers as he slid into her. She was having difficulty confining the thoughts to her room after dark.

Now, she was eighteen, and so far she hadn’t sensed any real progression in her plans over the last year. God had it really been almost a year since her last birthday when he had looked into her eyes and kissed her chastely on the cheek, and then whispered in her ear; “just one more year of being a girl, before you have to face the big bad world as a woman.” Well, a punch in the stomach would have probably been more welcome, and the pain would not have lasted as long. That was when she decided, she would show him, she would make him see that she was all woman, and probably more than he could handle. Ok, maybe not, but at least she wanted him to see her, that she was a woman, not the “friend” of Clark and Pete, not the androgynous sidekick who would never be seen as a real female in the ever-glaring light that was Lana Lang.

So she had a plan, actually it had turned into a fifteen-page document that was almost as much novella as outline. She had started jotting things down in an attempt to gather her thoughts and plan her actions, but it had turned into more of a scorecard. Bring up this topic he counters with that, show him this, question that, his response was something else. Chloe was nothing if not a dedicated student. She watched his body language, his tone and mostly his eyes; she knew they were the key. His mask was excellent, like nothing she had ever seen. At first she had nearly thrown her coffee at him during her first few attempts at getting to know him better. He was infuriating, and intriguing, and impossible, and a challenge that she felt compelled to take up. She would crack that mask, if it was the last thought she had on this earth, she would crack the mystery that was Lex Luthor.

TBC

ohhhhh...

more please

Cat :chlexsign1:

Miss Innocent-Or? 2005 Senior Member ColumbiaBlue's Avatar
    Color me intrigued. More soon

~Manda

NS Senior Member Senior Member
    Sounds good, I especially like the first two paragraphs where you have Lex analysing his emotions, and the part where Chloe recalls her determination to get closer to Lex. Can't wait to hear more about their respective "plans"!

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar
    Please add in a rating in the topic title or topic description. I suggest you go take a look at the forum rules to make sure you don't break any other rules in the future.
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Members
    Originally posted by campbti@Jun 27 2004, 07:16 AM
    she was just too pragmatic to believe her one vote mattered.

!!!! Pragmatism should lead to the conclusion that every single vote counts,
    because when people believe their vote doesn't matter, they don't vote
    and democracy disappears. (resists intense impulse to make a jibe at US
    political life and reflects that this problem is universal).
    Or does Chloe throw her used batteries in the nature, too, believing a
    single person's bad actions have no consequences ?

Anyway enough with the propaganda - I like your story very much except
    for that single sentence. I hope we get an update soon :chlexsign1:

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Oh great start. More please....

Hope :chlexsign2:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :biggrin: hehehehe, They've already cracked each other and they don't know it!!!

FANTASTIC!!!!!!! :chlexsign1: :worship2:

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    What an intriguing beginning to your story!! :yay: I can't wait for the birthday party!! If ever anyone was a match for Lex it's Chloe!! Please update soon!! :chlexsign4:

NS Senior Member Senior Member Béatrice's Avatar
    WOW. :biggrin: That was a great beginning. I can't wait to see what's going to happen. Please come back and update soon. :chlexsign3:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information