+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightswimming - R *COMPLETED 7/5/04*

Miss Innocent-Or? 2005 Senior Member ColumbiaBlue's Avatar
    “1-800-Rent-A-Billionaire. They deliver in 30 minutes or it’s half off,” Chloe deadpanned.
    That was *classic* Chloe right there. Man, I giggled so hard at that line. Excellent, perfect, job! I loved it all!

~Manda :

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Aww that was so sweet. I loved the love making and the promise to make things work.

Hope :chlexsign2:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    I really enjoyed your new chapter!! How I wish Chloe was going to move to Metropolis, but if anyone can make a long distance relationship work hopefully it's Chloe and Lex!! Excellent love scene!! :biggrin: I can't wait for the last chapter!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

Hey! Update Your Story!!! xxasaxx's Avatar
    :yay: :yay: :yay:

Great story!!

sara_noele
    Just a Guest!
    Such a great chapter. Wonderful. Sweet and hot.

Demented Detective Senior Member newbatgirl's Avatar
    See disclaimers and notes in part one.

A/N: This is it, I promise. This was supposed to be a quick tale to feed my muses. So much for that. Many of you know my fondness for quotes so I found an appropriate one:

I didn't have time to write a short letter, so I wrote a long one instead.
    -Mark Twain

If you’ve made it this far please feed the needy authoress with some comments, good or bad. Hugs to Kit Merlot for her general awesome-ness and assistance with this story.

Chapter Four

Penthouse Suite…early the following morning…

Lex awoke slowly, realizing that he felt more energetic than he had any right to given that he had only managed about two to three of hours sleep total. True to his word, he hadn’t made Chloe wait very long before making love to her again…and again. The knowledge that they didn’t know when they would be together again far outweighed the fatigue they felt. After the last time, however, when they were lying in front of the floor to ceiling windows that afforded the suite a dazzling view of the bay and the Coronado Bridge, Chloe finally fell asleep in his arms. He had carried her back to the bed and fallen asleep himself minutes later.

He rolled over to face Chloe and he found her sprawled on her stomach, her even breathing indicating that she was still fast asleep. The sheet draped over her barely covered her naked form up to her waist. Unable to resist even though he knew she needed her sleep, he ran his hand down her body, from her nape to her tailbone. He made a mental note to buy her several more dresses like the one she wore the previous night. As soon as the thought went through his head, it was followed by the thought that he didn’t know how Chloe would react to him buying her gifts. She wasn’t after his money, that much was clear. In fact she seemed to forget about it most of the time. She was truly like no other woman he had ever been with. As she had reminded him during the night, she was energetic, passionate, adventurous…and pretty damn *flexible.* He had to remember to ask her about the latter.

She stirred under his hand and turned her head to face his direction.

“Lex?” she asked, in a scratchy voice.

“Right here,” he replied, kissing her eyelids. She didn’t open her eyes.

“Hmmmmmm….”

“Sleepy?”

“A little…I also don’t want to open my eyes. If I keep them closed, it won’t be morning and we won’t have to leave.”

Lex smiled at her. “Far be it from me to point out the flaws in that logic. By all means, keep them closed.”

She groaned and opened her eyes. “What time is it?”

“I have no idea,” he replied, scooting closer to wrap her in his arms and bury his face in her neck. “And I don’t care.”

Chloe laughed as his lips started to tease the delicate skin. “Well, good for you but some of use have a plane to catch, and unlike you, mine won’t wait for me.”

“So let it leave, I’ll buy you another ticket. First Class.” He felt Chloe stiffen under him as soon as he said the words.

“No, Lex.”

“No?”

“No, we’re not going to start that. I’m not with you because of your money.”

“I didn’t say that you were, I just wanted…”

“You know if this is going to work, you’re going to have to get it through that thick skull of yours that not every woman responds to overpriced trinkets, fancy cars and hmmmmmph….”

‘Note to self, the most effective way to shut her up also happens to be the most pleasurable.’ He kept her mouth and tongue occupied with things other than talking for a few minutes before giving in to their mutual need for oxygen.

“Now, as I was saying, I just wanted to find us a way to spend a few more hours together but if you don’t want me to pay for your ticket, I’ll understand and I won’t make a big deal…OK?”

Chloe chewed on her already swollen lower lip, “OK, sorry for freaking on you like that…I just don’t want you to think that I only want you because…”

“I could never think that, Chloe. I know that you don’t want me for my money…now my body on the other hand…”

Chloe threw her head back and laughed and Lex thought it was the most beautiful sight in the world. “I’m certainly not going to try to deny that one, Luthor!” Lex took advantage of her position to resume his tender assault on her neck. She moaned and ran her hands up and down his back. Before he could stop himself, he breathed against her skin, “God, I could get used to this.” When he felt her stiffen slightly against him a second time, he mentally kicked himself for ruining the moment.

“Um, Lex, you know we actually haven’t talked about *how* we’re going to do this.”

“Well, this may come as a surprise but I was rather fond of the ‘you on top’ scenario,” he replied, trying to regain the levity in their interaction.

Chloe reached up and lightly smacked the back of his bare head. “That’s not what I meant and you know it, but that is good information to have, thanks.”

Lex released her and rolled onto his back, He rubbed his eyes and looked up at the ceiling for a moment.

“I can get out here every few weeks, I think, depending on what’s going on. My schedule’s a bit crazy at times; I won’t lie to you on that.”

“I know, mine is, too.”

“There’s always the phone, I’m sure you've heard of it.”

“And email… I haven’t been back to Metropolis in a while but I’m not opposed to the idea entirely, especially now…”

“So…..”

“So?”

Lex sat up a little in the enormous bed. “Do you still want to do this? You were right when you said the odds would be stacked against us.” He had to leave himself open to the possibility that her agreeing to this last night had be a product of their steamy session in the hot tub. Even if it seemed like a very small possibility given what she just said.

Chloe paused and Lex knew for sure that his heart would not beat again until she spoke. “Yes, I do, Lex. If it doesn’t work, then it doesn’t work but we should try. We’ll take a chance on this. On us.” Lex let out the breath he had been holding. ‘Since when does so much ride on what she says?’

Chloe closed the space between them and straddled him, kissing him lightly. ‘Oh yeah, since you laid eyes on her again in the elevator a couple of days ago.’

Chloe squinted at the clock on the bedside table. “Well, as it turns out, we do have a few hours before my flight leaves…”

“Really?” Lex asked, wrapping his arms around her to hold her in place.

“Yes, we do. So what were you saying about the ‘me on top’ scenario?”

San Diego International Airport…later that day…

Chloe forced a smile at the overeager airline employee who was processing her ticket. She silently prayed that the woman would tell her that all flights were grounded due to impending locust invasion. Or that all the pilots could not fly due to painful boils. Really, any of the twelve plagues would do right about now. Even the frog one.

She didn’t. Instead punched a seemingly random set of keys on her terminal, tore off an equally random set of stubs from Chloe’s ticket and handed the packet back to Chloe with an irritating smile.

“Have a pleasant flight, ma’am.”

‘Pick a finger and spin,’ thought Chloe. She wondered if she actually said it, would it actually make a dent in the woman’s bright, Lana Lang-esque grin. Probably not. But really, it wasn’t the ticket agent’s fault that Chloe was in such a bad mood. And there wasn’t anything anyone could do about it. “Thanks,” Chloe muttered instead, after handing the woman her small case to check.

She turned to see Lex watching her from a few feet away. His plane was due to leave a little after hers, from a private runway on the other side of the airport. That meant he could walk her to her gate and they could do the whole painful goodbye thing right here in front of eight zillion other travelers. ‘Great.’

Chloe took a deep breath and walked up to him.

He raised his eyebrows at her. “If looks could kill, Chloe, there would have been a ticket agent shaped puddle on the floor over there.”

She shrugged, “Is it my fault they send those people to special Annoying Classes? Plus, I hate being called ‘ma’am.’ Makes me feel like my Grandma Sullivan.”

Lex laughed at her and took both of her hands in his. They stood there for a moment, their eyes on their intertwined fingers.

Looking at his hands, Chloe’s mind replayed the feel of his hands on her body both the previous night and that morning. She always thought he had great hands. Now she knew what they were truly capable of: stroking her until she chanted his name, holding her face gently as he kissed her, soothing her after they both collapsed from exhaustion. She raised her eyes to meet his and their slightly glazed and heated appearance led her to conclude that he was reliving their time together as well.

There had been a franticness and desperation in their lovemaking that morning. It was as if they were trying to burn the memories of each other into their brains. She knew she had left marks on him in her frenzy and as she showered later she found the ones he left on her. They didn’t know exactly when they would see each other again so they didn’t try to pin down dates. They just enjoyed each other while they could. They would let the rest take$care of itself.

He freed his fingers to reach into his suit jacket and extracted a small card. “I need to give you this…it has my private numbers, cell, home and office…my private email, too.” He handed hmr the card with an almost apologetic smile. She looked down at the card and was relieved to find that it was just a plain card with said numbers written in Lex’s own precise handwriting. It would have seemed so wrong if he handed her one of his business cards. Chloe swallowed hard and slipped the card into her purse, in the process pulling out a folded sheet of her own, a page hastily torn from her planner.

“Here’s mine…cell, home, work, and my home address.” Their fingers brushed as he took the page from her, looking at it for a minute before he pocketed it.

Awkwardly they linked hands again. Chloe frowned at him. “This suddenly got very real. I know that sounds stupid, we’ve known this was going to happen…”

“But it’s another thing entirely to actually do it,” he finished for her. She nodded.

“C’mon, let’s get you to your gate.” Lex wrapped his$arm around her waist and began to lead her through the crowded terminal.

Her flight had begun to board by the time they got there and she knew there was no turning back now. He wrapped the other arm around her and pulled her close. She sniffled against his shoulder. She hadn’t cried in years and she wasn’t about to start now. Of course nobody informed her eyes of that resolve. They were stinging and threatening to fill up.

“This is stupid, I don’t cry. There’s nothing to cry about, riglt? This isn’t the end of something.”

Lex stroked her hair. “No you’re right. It’s the beginning, Chloe. It’s only the beginning.” He pulled back to look at her. He brushed his thumbs over her eyes to wipe away the moisture. “Now say something smart to prove you aren’t turning into a sap on me, Sullivan.”

Chloe laughed shakily. “I want a rematch on our swimming competition, Luthor.$ I still say I can kick your rich boy ass.”

“You got it.” He leaned in to brush his lips over hers and she responded instantly, opening her mouth to stroke her tongue over his as she gripped at his shoulders. She felt him pull her towards him with a passion she knew he rarely showed in front of other people. She heard a moan but she couldn’t tell if it came from Lex or herself. They broke apart only when they heard the announcement calling her flight again.

“I’ll see you soon?” she asked, cursing herself for the neediness in her tone.

“Very soon, that’s a promise.” He kissed her again, very softly, and let her go.

Chloe made it all the way to the door leading to the plane before stoppmng to look at Lex one more time. She winked at him and waved briefly before walking down the ramp to her plane. This wasn’t a movie. There weren’t any locusts or anything else to stop the plane. This was real life and it was what they agreed upon. She’d be damned if she couldn’t hold up her end.

Luthor Corp. Jet…somewhere over the Rockies…

Lex looked down at the reports and spreadsheets he had been pretending to read for the last hour. He hadn’t a clue what they said. This was not good. They were supposed to be adults about this. This was what they agreed to. ‘But that doesn’t mean it won’t hurt’ said his inner voice. Taking a deep breath, he decided that working on the plane was a lost cause. He’d just have to make it up later. It was just impossible to try to work when he could still smell her on his clothes.

He looked at his watch again; she should have landed by now. Soon she would see what he had done. It was a bit sappy, romantic and completely unlike him. But he did it anyway, mostly because he could not stop himself. He wanted to do a whole lot more but he knew Chloe. She wouldn’t stand for it.

Lex tooo his cell phone from his pocket again. He shook it slightly and turned it over in his hands. Logically he knew that it would not make it ring any faster but he had to do something.

San Francisco Airport…later that day…

Chloe retrieved her lone suitcase from the baggage claim and began to look around for the quickest route to the exit so she could hail a cab. In doing so, her gaze fell upon a dark suited man holding up a sign that read ‘C. Sullivan’

‘Son of bitch… what did he do?’

Adjusting the strap of her purse, she trudged over to the man, hoping that whatever Lex did, it wouldn’t embarrass her in the middle of a busy airport.

“Hi” she said to the man, “I’m Chloe Sullivan. Let me guess, Mr. Luthor sent you?”

“Yes, miss. And he sent this for you.” The man produced a single red rose from behind his back along with a card.

Chloe rolled her eyes and took the items. “There had better not be keys to a Porsche or something in here,” she said as she slit open the envelope and removed the card.

‘Chloe-

Please don’t kill the man bearing this; he’s only in innocent bystander. He’s also under strict orders not to call you ‘ma’am’ so that has to count for something.

My first inclination was to send you a rose for every mile that’s between us or one for every day that we’re apart. However, I$wisely realized that you would dice me into an equal number of pieces if I did and that would be that. So please accept this single rose as proof that I am a sensible man and also accept this car and driver as proof that I would like you to get home safely.

Yours, Lex

P.S. I’ll save you the trouble, the limo is registered to Five Star Limo Rentals, San Francisco, CA.’

Chloe could not help the smile that spread over his face as she read the note. He was crazy, insane perhaps, but he was thinking about her. As she was about him.

Turning her attention back to the driver, she smiled again. “What’s your name?”

“David, miss.”

“Well, David, if you’ll help me with this bag, you and I can get the heck out of here. And if you get through this without calling me ‘ma’am’, I’ll buy you a cup of coffee.”

Chloe followed David to his waiting a car, which she noticed with relief was a simple black Town Car, not a stretch limo. She settled into the seat and pulled out her phone. She pressed the newest entry on her speed dial and waited to hear his voice. He picked up on the first ring.

“Luthor.”

“I haven’t killed him yet and if he can teach me how to safely navigate weekday airport traffic, he just might live another whole day.”

“Is that right? So you like my gift?”

“I like your gift. Keep these gifts of yours within reason, Luthor, and we just might have something here.”

“I’ll keep that mind.” A pause. “I miss you already.”

“Good.”

The End.

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Oh that was such a great ending. I hate that it is gone. I loved it. :clap:

Hope :chlexsign2:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

are you going to do a sequal
    Kirsten

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :biggrin: PERFECT!!!!!!!!&#3 3;! :chlexsign2:

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    Originally posted by kirt30@Jul 5 2004, 09:52 PM
    are you going to do a sequal
    Great idea!! We definitely need a sequel to this fabulous story!! Great ending though!! :chlexsign3:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information