+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightswimming - R *COMPLETED 7/5/04*

sara_noele
    Just a Guest!
    Love your story!

Still wonder what happened between Chloe and the other, but maybe your gonna solve that mysterie.

LarkLuthor
    Just a Guest!
    Wonderful! Wonderful! MORE! MORE! MORE! (see what happens when a fanfic fiend gets isn't able to be online for too long? absolute demanding.)

Lark

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    Can't wait for your next chapter!! Please come back soon!! :chlexsign3:

Demented Detective Senior Member newbatgirl's Avatar
    See disclaimers and notes in part one.

A/N: I’m not a smut writer but I did my best here. It’s not NC-17, at least not according to the definition I’ve been using. I’d say strong R but, of course, the mods have final say. If something’s over the line, please tell me so I know for the future. Apologies for the length but I made a deal with my muses that I wasn’t going to drag this out. So what do they do? They give me ‘War and Peace’ chapters. Crap. Please let me and my maniacal muses know what you think. Only one more part to go after this.

Chapter Three

Hotel lobby…following evening…

Chloe stepped out of the elevator and immediately scanned the lobby for Lex. She was a few minutes early again, she wasn’t about to play the ‘make him wait’ game. She and Lex were beyond that. At least she hoped they were. She spotted him over by one of the antique end tables, talking into his cell phone. He looked a bit annoyed. Chloe smiled when he realized that he wasn’t paying attention to her. ‘Perfect.’

Being careful to minimize the sounds her high-heeled sandals made on the floor, she snuck up behind him as he spoke into the phone.

“…made it pretty clear that I was not to be disturbed this evening…I realize that, but that was something you could have handled, that *is* what I pay you for…and if you’d like me to continue to do so I suggest that you exercise some judgment before you disturb me about something like this again, are we clear?...I thought so.” He forcefully pressed the ‘End’ button with his thumb and slipped the phone back into his jacket.

Chloe leaned forward to speak directly into his ear.

“Is good help that hard to find, even for a Luthor?” She had to stop herself from laughing as he hissed and started slightly when he felt her breath on his neck. He recovered quickly.

When he turned to face her, she saw that he was holding a single white rose.

“I suppose that was your revenge for me sneaking up on you over the past two days.”

“Maybe. Everything OK?”

“It is now. You look…amazing.” He looked her from head to toe and Chloe congratulated herself for packing her favorite slinky black dress ‘just in case.’ The material was silky smooth and the hemline ended just above her knees, with a generous slit on the right thigh. It was sleeveless and the front neckline was modest but what the front lacked, the back more than made up for. Or perhaps it was the other way around. The dress fastened behind her neck but left her back completely bare to her waist. Chloe could tell that he hadn’t noticed that yet.

“Thank you, you look good, too. I like your shirt. I cannot fathom why mankind hasn’t evolved past neckties.” Lex wore a black suit with a deep blue collarless shirt. No tie.

“They are pretty useless when you think about it.” Lex admitted as he handed her the rose.

She took it without comment and slipped her hand in his. “Ready?”

“Yes…my car’s….”

Chloe heard his words trail off and she knew why. She had begun to lead him towards the door, in the process giving him a good view of her back. She turned and sent him a teasing grin. “Your car is what?” she asked.

“Nice dress,” he said smoothly, when he recovered.

“I thought we covered that.”

Lex tightened his grip on her hand and pulled her closer so he could speak in her ear. “We did, but that was before I knew how much of you it left *uncovered.*” He nipped her ear gently, and she could not contain her shiver. When she pulled back, he was smirking, obviously happy that he had evened the score.

They walked the rest of the way to the limo in silence. Chloe smiled at Ronald as he greeted them and opened the door with rapid efficiency.

As she folded herself into the car and scooted over to make room for him, she asked casually, “So are you sure everything’s OK…with business, I mean? I wouldn’t want your keeping this date with me to jeopardize your Calchip deal.”

Lex had just seated himself when her words sunk in. He gave her a silent appraising look as he waited for the driver to shut the door. “Well, I guess I should congratulate you. Do I even want to know how you figured it out?’

Chloe crossed her legs and made herself more comfortable on the leather seat. “Nice limo. True, I haven’t been in many, but this one is rather nice.”

“Are you going to answer my question?”

“What is this, a Lincoln Town Car? 2007? 2008?”

“Chloe…” she could tell he was getting frustrated. She laughed a bit and looked him straight in the eye.

“2008 Lincoln Town Car. Black. License plate ALG-496T. Registered to the CalChip Corporation, 330 West Broadway, San Diego, CA. Would you care to know how much mileage this thing has on it?”

When Lex only stared at her, she added, “Every good reporter needs a friend at the Department of Motor Vehicles, I have several.”

Lex was silent for a minute, probably realizing he had let slip that the car was provided to him by the company he was trying to acquire and she had jumped on that tidbit straight away.

Chloe had memorized the license plate as she walked away from the car the previous morning, while feigning interest in the view from the Embarcadero. It took no time at all to link the car back to CalChip and her guess was later confirmed by stories she found on the Internet about their recent financial difficulties.

Ronald’s voice over the intercom interrupted the silence as he asked where he should take them. Chloe gave him the address of the restaurant and looked back at Lex. The car began to move as she spoke. “Lex, I haven’t bought any stock or posted the information on the Net, if that’s what you’re worried about.”

“I’m not worried about that at all. I know you wouldn’t do that. I guess I’m just a little mad at myself for being careless. I’m out of practice where you are concerned, it appears.”

“So it would seem, we’ll have to work on that,” she retorted, then added, “I only did it to prove that I could, Lex. I have no intention of jeopardizing your deal. I hope it works out.”

Lex reached for her hand again. “I know that, and to answer your question, it’s going very well. We wrapped up most of our major concerns today. The lawyers need to go over the fine print. We hope for make a formal announcement in the next few weeks.”

Chloe nodded. She was relieved that he trusted that she wouldn’t leak the information. She enjoyed baiting him but a small part of her had been worried that her little stunt would backfire.

They spent the rest of the ride in comfortable silence, their hands still entwined. Soon, they arrived at the restaurant, a causal but elegant seafood place on the water. The place was very popular with tourists and locals alike. So much so that the maitre‘d told them that it would be a few minutes for their table. When Lex glared at him, Chloe tugged on his arm gently. “We’re not in a hurry. C’mon, they’ve got a great bar in the back that overlooks the water.”

She was slightly surprised when Lex didn’t argue with her. When they were out of earshot of the relieved looking maitre’d, she thanked him for not barking at the poor man. He shrugged. “I’ve filled my quota of putting the fear of God into someone for the hour. I should be OK for a while.”

They maneuvered their way to the restaurant’s outdoor deck. There was a bar on one side, surrounded by some small tables, and a small band on the other. In the free space between, several couples were dancing to the soft music. By unspoken agreement, they headed not to the bar but to the railing closest to the water. For several minutes, they slightly appraised the view of the Pacific, its water a blue unlike any other.

“I’ve gotten so used to living near the ocean in the last few years, I sometimes wonder how I lived in Kansas all that time,” said Chloe.

“It’s true that living on the West Coast has its advantages over, say a Smallville, but you can’t hold that against the entire state,” replied Lex.

“You’re right. I’m sure Metropolis has its own advantages, too.”

“I seem to recall a time when you couldn’t wait to get back there.”

Chloe shrugged, trying to display a nonchalance she really did not feel. “Well, my world is a little bigger than Kansas now, isn’t it?”

Lex stared at her intently, so much so that Chloe had to fight the urge to fidget. She wondered what the silver-tongued Lex Luthor had to say to that.

Evidently, not much.

Instead he looked from her face to the dance floor and back. “Care to dance?”

So it wasn’t the smoothest of segues, especially not for him but Lex would rather she think him a little slow on the uptake right now than continue that conversation. Hearing Chloe voice what he had come to suspect over the last two days, namely that she was perfectly happy in California, was not what he wanted to hear at the moment. Her words fed the nagging suspicion that the attraction they felt for one another could go no further than tonight. Powerful as Lex’s mind was, he could not make himself fully process that information. It hurt too much.

When she nodded in answer to his request, he led her onto the dance floor, pushing down the thoughts as much as he could. He clasped one of her hands in his and brought it between their chests while he placed his other where he had wanted to touch her since they met in the lobby, on the bare skin of her back. Lex felt her sigh a bit at the contact and she rested her free hand on his shoulder, allowing him to lead the dance.

‘Don’t think about tomorrow; just enjoy this while you can,’ He thought to himself. She rested her head on his chest and he inhaled deeply. The thoughts became a mantra repeating in his head when he realized that he would certainly miss the way she smelled. The mantra began to work because soon he wasn’t thinking about much of anything other than the feel of her soft skin under his fingertips.

Turning her in time to the music, he sensed someone watching them and he scanned the unfamiliar faces at the bar until he found the culprit. ‘Fuck.’ It was Chloe’s would-be boss/ex Mark. He appeared to be having a drink with some other people at the bar while keeping one eye on Lex and Chloe.

Lex turned Chloe again, subconsciously placing his body between her and Mark. Unfortunately, the motion allowed her a better view of the people standing at the bar.

“Oh, crap!” he heard her mutter.

“What is it?” Lex asked, knowing full well the cause of her exclamation. Of course, she didn’t know that he knew what Mark looked like so he decided to keep it that way.

“I should have let you pick the restaurant. It seems I went and selected the one place that half my colleagues from the conference came to, including Mark. He’s over by the bar.”

“The same Mark who offered you the job? The same Mark you had a ‘thing’ with?” Lex clarified teasingly.

“Thanks for the recap, and for your information, what he and I had was very brief, barely even qualifies as a ‘thing’.”

“So it was a *small thing*? I can see how that would be a problem.” Lex pulled back to see her reaction to his innuendo and he was not disappointed. Her face was flushed as she tried and failed to give him a stern look. Finally she gave up and settled for chastising him through her laughter.

“Pervert. Now prepare yourself, he knows that I’ve spotted him and I can bet that he’s recognized you, too, so he’ll be over here for an intro real soon.”

“Good, I can’t wait to meet your *little* friend.”

“Behave!”

Sure enough, seconds after the song stopped, Mark all but pounced on them at the edge of the dance area.

“Chloe, hon, when you said you had plans for dinner tonight; you failed to mention that they involved the head of Luthor Corp.” Mark said, his eyes on Lex. Lex returned the stare and kept one arm around Chloe. Little thing or not if he called her ‘hon’ one more time, Lex was going to toss Mark and his wannabe rock star hair over the nearest railing.

“Must have slipped my mind. You know how slippery my mind can be. Lex Luthor, this is Mark Mitchell.”

Mark extended his hand and, though he knew it was petty, Lex extended the hand that was not wrapped around Chloe, forcing Mark to switch hands to make the handshake possible.

“Nice to meet you, Lex. Can I call you Lex?”

‘No, not until you stop undressing Chloe with your eyes. And still, likely not.’ Lex thought, purposely staying silent.

When Lex didn’t answer his question, Mark tried another tactic. “So, Chloe. How do you know Lex Luthor?”

“1-800-Rent-A-Billionaire. They deliver in 30 minutes or it’s half off,” Chloe deadpanned.

Mark laughed and Lex stole a look at Chloe. She looked just as anxious to be out of this conversation as he was.

“Seriously, hon, where did you two meet?” Mark asked again and it became clear he was not going to let it drop.

Chloe rolled her eyes and stepped out of Lex’s hold. “You explain it to him, I’m going to check on our table.” She leaned up briefly to whisper something in Mark’s ear and then she was gone.

Lex carefully watched Mark’s reaction, quite ready to heave his ass into the water behind them. When he saw Mark’s eyebrows shoot up, Lex surmised that he could save himself the trouble. Mark was a pro, though, and he recovered from whatever Chloe said rather quickly.

“So, how do you know Chloe?”

“She and I met each other when she lived in Kansas,” Lex answered vaguely.

“That’s right; Luthor Corp. is based there, isn’t it?”

“Yes it is. In Metropolis.”

“Well, since she hasn’t lived there for some time, I gather you and she go pretty far back?”

“About eight years.”

“That’s a long time. Well, as her ‘old friend,’ and a fellow citizen of Metropolis, perhaps you can be of some assistance to me, Lex.”

"How’s that?”

“Help me talk some sense into her. You see, my magazine has a job opening that I think Chloe would be just perfect for, but you know her, stubborn as hell, she hasn’t given me answer yet. With your help, I think we can convince her that the opportunity is more than worth moving to Metropolis for.”

If someone had told him that the deck they were standing on had suddenly broken away from the shore and was now bucking against the rough Pacific waters, Lex would have believed them in an instant. He felt decidedly sea sick.
    Willing his stone face into place he asked, “The job’s in Metropolis?”

“Yes, well it will be. That’s where our new offices of the magazine will be by the time we’re ready for Chloe to come on board. So, what do you say, Lex? Will you help me?”

Lex studied the taller man for a few long seconds. “What did she say to you just now?”

Mark’s eyebrows knitted together. “What does that have to do with anything?”

Lex spotted Chloe waving to him from the doorway, signaling that their table was ready. He turned to Mark again. “Let me guess, she not-so-politely asked you not to call her ‘hon’ again?”

Mark looked sheepish. “What can I say, old habits die hard. If you must know, she threatened ‘to kick me in the balls so hard they’d come out my ears’ if I said it again.”

Lex smirked. “Does that sound like a woman you can talk into doing something she doesn’t want to do?” Mark had no answer to that, which was fine by Lex. “It was nice meeting you, Mark,” said Lex, as he walked away. Unfortunately, his bravado with Mark was a façade, Lex was now as confused as ever.

Though Chloe assured him that the food and wine were delicious, Lex had no clue what he ate that night. His mind was racing with all kinds of questions and his heart heavy with a host of conflicting emotions. ‘Why hadn’t Chloe said that the new job was in Metropolis? Was she so dead set against going back? Was it the memories of his father or all the other things that had happened there?’ Though it pained him to consider it, he had to wonder if it was him, was she reluctant to go back to Metropolis because of what it might mean for them? Halfway through the appetizers Lex, managed to regain his focus and banish those thoughts enough to hold up his end of the conversation. It was both a blessing and a curse because once reminded of how much he enjoyed talking to her. No one challenged him like Chloe did. Even when she was 17, he had looked forward to a chance meeting with her in that god-awful town just for chance to spar. Lex soon found himself deciding that, more than anything, he wanted Chloe to take that job. He wanted her back in Metropolis. With him.

He had barely acknowledged that realization when Chloe, with his encouragement, began telling amusing stories of her more adventurous assignments for the Chronicle. Then she spoke of living in San Francisco: of her tiny, yet comfortable apartment, of her friends, of the fantastic quirks about the city that would be strange anywhere else but were normal in San Francisco, of visiting her father every few weeks, of many things... As she spoke, Lex felt his stomach tightening yet again, only partially from her words, she was a writer after all and she painted vivid pictures of her life. But he didn’t really need those pictures. The look on her face was enough. She was happy, very much so. Who was he to ask her to give it all up?

By the time they left the restaurant, it was becoming difficult for Lex to hide the tension in his body. He wasn’t at all surprised when Chloe suggested that they take a dip in the hot tub when they returned to the hotel ‘so they could unwind.’ He agreed immediately, hoping it might help him clear his mind. Or something. At the very least it was their last night together in San Diego, he was damned if he was going to waste one second of it.

Patio…later that night…

Chloe walked out onto the patio, tugging nervously on the sash of her robe. She was not surprised to find Lex already there and already, shirtless, and fiddling with the temperature gauge on the tub. She cleared her throat and he looked up. He had the same slightly distracted expression on his face that she noticed a few times in the restaurant.

“Lex? Are you OK? You seem a little…” She searched for the right words as he came closer.

“A little what?”

“Quiet, I guess. You don’t seem like yourself tonight.” Chloe then winced when the words left her mouth. She had been with him three days, who was she to presume whether something was bothering him or not? “Never mind, it’s my overactive imagination.” She hastily untied her robe. Lex moved behind her to help pull it off her shoulders, his fingers grazing her skin in the process.

“If I recall correctly, that overactive imagination of yours is usually right on the money.”

Chloe turned to face him. “Maybe where meteor mutants were involved but not with you.”

“Especially with me.” He whispered before covering her lips with his. He buried the fingers of one hand in her hair while using the other hand to close the space between their bodies. Chloe gave a whimper and wrapped her arms around his waist. She flattened her palms against the smooth skin of his back and he took it as a signal to deepen the kiss, stroking his tongue over hers. He tasted like wine, but she certainly didn’t remember the wine they both drank at dinner tasting this good. As she ran her tongue over his soft lips, she became dimly aware that they were moving. Almost without her realizing, Lex had gripped her waist and lifted her several inches off the floor and was now walking up the steps, preparing to lower them both into the tub. Soon, the bubbling water surrounded them up to their chests and filled the scant remaining space between their bodies.

One of his hands remained tangled in her now wet hair while the other slipped under the water to roam freely over her body. Chloe let out a gasp against his mouth when she felt his fingers slip into the top of her bathing suit. Her own hands strayed to his waist again, hesitating only slightly before stroking him through his swim trunks. Lex’s animalistic groan brought Chloe back to reality. She reluctantly pushed at his shoulders to break the kiss, but he chased her lips with his. “Lex…hmmmphh…we need to stop for a minute. Lex!”

When she said his name a second time, he pulled back, panting and looking even more dazed than before. “What’s wrong?”

“I need to tell you something.”

“Now?”

“Yes, I want you to know this before…we go any further.” Chloe noticed that her serious tone seemed to get his attention and he loosened his hold on her.

“OK, what is it?”

“I want you to know that whatever happens between us tonight, I’m not taking that job…”

“Chloe, you don’t…”

“No, let me explain. I need to.” She interrupted and then took a deep breath. “I didn’t tell you earlier because, honestly, I didn’t know where we were going with this, but the job is in Metropolis, if I took it, it would mean moving back there.”

“And you don’t want to do that.” It was more a statement than a question.

She shook her head and Lex looked like he had been punched. “Lex, it’s not for the reasons you think. It isn’t about your father, Clark, or anything that happened in Smallville. All that’s in the past.”

“Is it about me?”

“No, but you should know that because of you, it wasn’t an easy choice but I'm happy where I am. The Chronicle, San Francisco, it's where I'm supposed to be right now, I can feel it. The only reason I even considered accepting that job was you, Lex. I would have told Mark no right off but last night, all I could think about was that moving back would bring me closer to you again. I know it was silly…after only three days…”

Lex pulled her closer and kissed her. Hard. “It’s not silly, Chloe,” he said when he pulled back. “And it hasn’t only been three days for me. Like I told you last night, I’ve wanted you since we lived in Smallville. These last three days have only proved that those feelings never went away.”

“I wanted you, too…but it was never the right time…”

“There were always people watching, judging,” finished Lex and Chloe smiled when she realized just how in tune they were and had always been.

“Chloe, now I need to tell you something…I knew that the job was in Metropolis.”

“What? How?” she immediately stiffened in his arms.

“Mark told me tonight when you left. He wanted me to help convince you to take the job.”

“Jackass.”

“We’ve established that, but that’s not the point. I *was* going to try to convince you to take the job. God, Chloe, it’s all I could think about all through dinner.”

“But?”

“But I’m not going to do that, not anymore.”

“Um…do you not want…?”

Lex took her face in his hands. “Don’t even think it’s because I don’t want you. I want you more than ever…but I also saw the look on your face when you were describing your life in San Francisco. I couldn’t ask you to walk away from all that. That’s part of who you are. It sounds crazy but I realized that the Chloe Sullivan I know and care about wouldn’t drop everything she had worked for just because I asked her to. Despite what you say about my ego, I know that much.”

Chloe laughed and leaned forward to kiss him gently. “Thank you, Lex. It’s good to know you were listening, it really is…but we have a problem. What do we do now?”

“I have some ideas…”

“Stop it, I’m serious. I think we both know this goes deeper than a one night stand. I may not be ready to move to Metropolis but I know I still want to be with you.”

Lex pushed the wet strands of hair from her face. “How do you feel about long-distance relationships?”

Chloe wrinkled her nose in response. “Do you really think we can pull that off? The odds would certainly be stacked against us.”

“They always have been, Chloe.”

“Fair point.” she replied, scooting further into his arms.

“I’d also like to remind you of my financial status. The odds of success increase dramatically when you have your own jet.”

“You don’t say? Hmmm…the billionaire perks never cease.”

“So what do you say? Do you want to try this? Time zones be damned?”

“Time zones be damned,” repeated Chloe and kissed him soundly to seal the agreement. It took only seconds for the kiss to reach the intensity of their previous embrace, perhaps because now they both knew where things stood. They kissed until they were both light-headed from the lack of oxygen and even then they took only the air they needed before coming together again. Lex slipped his hands beneath the waves to grasp Chloe’s waist and pull her closer until she was straddling him. She pressed rhythmically against him and they both moaned. “Like that, do you?” she said against his mouth and he gripped her hips and repeated the motion until she was practically ready to scream.

Suddenly Chloe felt Lex moving her yet again. He positioned her lower body strategically near one of the rushing jets of water. The effect on her body was instantaneous. She threw her head back and called out his name, clawing at his back. She felt his lips on her neck and she grabbed his face to still him.

“Upstairs. Now. We need to finish this…” she never finished her sentence because he was lifting her out of the tub. After a cursory toweling off, they threw their respective cover-ups on and practically ran towards the elevator. After what seemed life an eternity, it arrived and Lex wrapped his arm around Chloe and pulled her in, pressing his body against hers. With his free hand, he punched a button on the panel. Only one.

Lex pressed Chloe against the door to suite as he missed the keycard slot yet again. Chloe laughed against his chest, as it was likely her fault since she had been pressing open-mouthed kisses down his neck at the time.

“If you don’t stop that, we’re going to end up doing this in the hallway,” he warned and she reluctantly behaved. The keycard clicked in the lock and they stumbled in through the door, still clinging to one another. Lex made short work of her robe and lifted his arms so Chloe could remove his damp shirt. She leaned up to give him a bruising kiss before leaning back and lifting her own arms. She sighed as he trailed his fingers over her stomach before tugging the top of her bathing suit off and pulling her towards him.

They both swayed slightly as they pressed their upper bodies together and enjoyed the feel of skin moving against skin. Chloe decided to move things along by hooking leg around his waist to align their lower bodies as well. Lex grunted and gently sank his teeth into her bare shoulder. He then gripped her bottom to hold her in place as he rocked against her sending jolts of pleasure shooting wherever their bodies touched.

“Bed…?” she choked out, the single syllable sounding more like a command than a question. Lex responded by hitching her other leg around his waist and lifting her until he was supporting her weight. He kissed her deeply again as he blindly made his way through the luxurious suite to the bedroom.

Chloe noticed that his demeanor shifted a bit when they got to the bedroom. He laid her on the bed, carefully, almost reverently, before settling his own weight on top of her. Slowly, he began to rain light kisses over her face, down her neck and over each breast. She shifted restlessly at his gentle touch. It was not enough. Lex continued to move his mouth down her body stopping just below her navel. He hooked his fingers in her the bottom of her swimsuit and looked up at her. Chloe wriggled her hips again.

"Please, Lex, we can do this slowly later, I want to feel you."

He smiled against her stomach. "Someone's anxious."

"Damn right, I've waited too long for this. I need you…"

Her words seemed to spur him and he whisked her swimsuit off in one swift movement. . He sat up to do the same with his own and it was obvious to Chloe that he was just as ready for her as she was for him. He settled on top of her again and she bent her knees up to cradle him.

Gripping one hand on her thigh, Lex positioned himself at her entrance and eased into her. Chloe's eyes slid shut as she felt him fill her completely. He was not her first but she already knew that he would fill her like no one else. She had always known. She wrapped her legs around him and he began to move, slowly at first, then faster as they found a rhythm that pleased them both.

"God, Chloe, you feel good, better than I ever dreamed," she heard him whisper in her ear. She wanted very badly to make a snarky comment about him dreaming about her but whenever she opened her mouth all she was able to do was moan his name. She arched her back and pulled him even further into her and he tightened his arms around her.

Chloe lost all concept of time and focused on the feel of Lex driving into her, his damp skin under her hands and his breath in her ear as he whispered and grunted against her. The tension in her center began to spread down her legs and then to other parts of her body until she felt she was going to snap in two. She whimpered and thrust back against him to try to show him that she was close.

He seemed to understand and he increased his pace and stroked her to bring her closer to the edge. Suddenly Chloe felt the tension in her body shatter with a force she had never known before; in its place were waves of pure pleasure and contentment. She cried out but was completely unaware of what she said, or if it was even coherent. She felt Lex reach his peak as well and she heard her name spill from his lips again and again.

He collapsed on top of her and they remained that way for several minutes, letting their bodies cool and their breathing return to normal. Finally Lex kissed Chloe's lips softly and rolled to the side, keeping his eyes on her face.

"I'd say that was worth the wait, wouldn't you?"

Even with her eyes closed, Chloe could tell he was smirking and she could not bring herself to call him on it. He had every right to.

"God, yes." She opened one eye and then the other and tilted her head to meet his gaze. "But if you think I'm waiting another six years to do that again, you're crazy!"

Lex laughed and pulled her on top of him. "I promise, Chloe, it won't be nearly that long. If you lived on the other side of the world, I'd find a way to make this work. You're worth it."

She sighed sleepily against his chest. "So are you."

End chapter 3.

NS Full Member
    :worship2: I'm all giddy... whew! That was an excellent love scene, not too much detail, just enough to make it nice and steamy! I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

NS Senior Member Senior Member Béatrice's Avatar
    --> that was good and hot smut!

--> It's so sweet how they care for each other.

:biggrin: --> Very good update.

:worship2: --> Now I beg you to write more!

Lucifers love
    Just a Guest!
    okay I don't smoke, but after that.... :smoker:

I really liked it, and is waiting anxiously for more

personally I don't believe in long distance relationships, but they will figure out a way, they have to.

okay, I waited long enough, update, now!

:chlexsign4:

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :biggrin: Oh so good, just amazeing!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! Gah.... damn, thatwas one fantastic update, too many good things, aghhh, :worship2: :worship2: :worship2:

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar
    This was a gorgeous update :biggrin:

There were so many great moments: Lex going speechless when he sees Chloe's backless dress, their honesty with each other, and the romantic and sexy love scene.

WELL DONE--can't wait for more!
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

NS Senior Member Senior Member
    Another incredible update, and like Kit said, so many great Chlex moments. I especially liked the way Lex stonewalled Mark... you've shown both his powerful businessman exterior and his softer side with Chloe and that's really lovely.

I'm already looking forward to the next chapter!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information