+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Signed, Sealed, Delivered – You’re Mine (NC17)

Oh my god, Lana should be beaten for dragging Chloe there. Haha, it was funny though. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Lois is a bitch, I'm glad she got too drunk to do anything.

I loved the Lex point of view part too. Wonderful chapter!

:chlexsign4:

NS Junior Member
    Great story!! :chlexsign3: I hope that Chloe can forgive Lex in time, but I’m glad that she in not letting him off easy. Keep up the great work!!

~Michelle

NS Full Member
    ~*~Part Twelve~*~

Chloe led a yawning Lana to her room, shutting the door quietly once she’d seen the other woman crawl into bed… shoes and all. The ever proper Miss Lana Lang would have a hangover in the morning and probably no memories of the rather indecent place she’d tried to shove a five dollar bill on Zeus, of all people.

That was okay, though, because Chloe planned on reminding her of every embarrassing moment in excruciatingly painful detail.

And only then would she tell Lana that Zeus, aka Chad, also now had her cell phone number.

Or maybe she wouldn’t remind Lana of that part and hope that she was around when he finally called. Now that would be an interesting scene.

She trailed her hand over the wood paneling of the hallway, step after step taking her further away from her room. There hadn’t been nearly enough alcohol tonight to make things more tolerable. Or, there had, she just hadn’t wanted to imbibe so heavily. This was her next to last night as a ‘free woman’ and, damnit, she wanted to remember it.

So she’d thought, at least. Right about now she was envying the fact that Lana wasn’t going to remember this fiasco of her own volition.

It wasn’t that the strip club part of it had been humiliating. No, she’d been to her fair share of those particular houses of inequity, partaken of their joyous showing of male flesh, and had a grand old time. If she had to name one particular thing about the night that had ruined it for her it was, very simply…

… Lex.

She bit her lip, pausing in the middle of the hallway. Thinking of him had ruined what could have…no, should have… been an entertaining night. Every time she’d seen one of the men undress she’d thought of him, wondering if he could be persuaded to shake and shimmy like that. God only knew what he kept hidden under those suits. She certainly didn’t have first hand knowledge – they’d never quite made it that far together and that night she’d caught him… with that whore of a socialite… she’d rushed from the room too quick to even get a glimpse.

But she had a good imagination and there was a lot that she could assume by his prior relationships and flings. Either God had blessed him with something special or he had made a sensual art form of using what he had.

The Toys for Brides demonstration had been worse. It was during that terribly embarrassing time that she’d actually began to daydream about using some of those things on him… of making him scream her name to the heavens above.

But the final straw on the back of her sanity level, the one that broke her completely, was when she felt –guilty- as Zeus was giving her a lap dance. Guilty because she was with Lex and he was supposed to be the only one trying to get her hot and bothered.

She leaned against the wall, wrapping her arms over her chest. Eyes shut, she tried to alleviate the feelings that her night out had brought out in her. The guilt… the desire… and that unspoken emotion, the one that she kept telling herself she wasn’t ready for yet; might never be ready for.

Maybe that was the problem.

She kept ‘telling’ herself that she wasn’t ready… couldn’t be ready. That she could forgive him, but not yet.

“You can’t force things like that,” she muttered in self-recrimination, banging her head lightly on the wall behind her.

And you couldn’t force things like that –not- to happen either, as the case apparently was.

Somewhere along the line – between the apologizing and the heartfelt confessions, the sadness in his eyes and his little tokens of affections – she had already forgiven him. He was who he was because of how he was raised to be. Only experience taught him anything more or less, and now that he knew how much she could be hurt by his actions, and therefore how much –he- could hurt, he wasn’t likely to do it again.

Amazingly, in the midst of all of that, she had done something even more earth shattering. Without even realizing it she had successfully managed to damn herself to an even greater extent than she had been previously. Because, whereas she had never stopped loving Lex and knew she probably would always carry that torch; she now found herself in the frightening position of being –in love- with him. A terrifying distinction that she was nonetheless pleased to see still made her heart dance a crazy jig in her chest.

She pushed off of the wall, her path now set with purpose as she set off down the hall at a brisk pace. His car had been in the garage but his bedroom door was wide open when she had helped Lana to bed. That left relatively few places that she could think to look for him and only one where he was pretty much guaranteed to be.

Those were the kind of odds she liked.

The doors to his office were closed; a thin strip of light under them giving away the fact that he was in there. The staff would have turned the lights off otherwise, she reasoned.

Hesitantly, unsure of what she was going to do or say, she knocked on the door.

“You can come in, Chloe.”

Rolling her eyes at his presumption, however correct it was, she opened the door.

“Hey,” she offered.

“Hello.” His response gave away no indication of what kind of mood he was in and for once she couldn’t read his expression. At least, not from this distance. If there was anything to be seen, it would be in his eyes. “Did you have fun tonight?”

His words brought her up short as it dawned on her why he was being so distant. He knew where she’d been and what she’d been doing. Yet, he hadn’t come to drag her away or sent anyone to do it for him. Her heart pounded as she thought of what to say, moving to stand next to him nonetheless.

There, in his eyes.

Pain.

“No,” she sighed. “I didn’t have fun at all.”

His eyebrows rose, disbelief replacing the mask he’d had so firmly in place. “You didn’t?”

“Try not to look so shocked, Lex.”

His name felt right on her tongue after all those days of trying her best to call him Luthor, to provide that emotional distance between the two of them.

“Did the… establishment not live up to your expectations?”

How to answer? To say ‘no’ was to say she’d had any expectations in the first place. To say ‘yes’ was to, essentially, lie.

But there was one answer that she could think to give, however trite, that at least sounded right in her head.

“Nothing could ever live up to my expectations…because they’re all about you.”

“I –“ Lex stammered, taken truly off guard for the first time that Chloe could ever remember. She gave him a hesitant smile.

“Don’t try to figure it out,” she laughed softly, self-consciously. “Because I’m still trying to do that myself.”

He nodded slowly, holding his breath as if he were afraid that breathing might break the moment they were having.

“Have you been drinking?” he asked suddenly.

“Admitting that the only woman that would say she loved you would have to be drunk?” Chloe teased, laughing despite the fact that her heart was still slamming in her chest. Whatever she’d expected from her little admission, this definitely wasn’t it. He hadn’t even tried to hold her or kiss her yet. The big cheesy-dramatic scene she’d played out in her head was so far not coming to fruition.

“You…” Lex shook his head. “Don’t say things like that if you don’t mean them, Chloe. I can wait. I’ve waited this long, haven’t I?”

Chloe’s brow furrowed. “Huh?”

“You said you love me.”

Oh.

Oh!

“Well, you know… that would be because it’s the truth.”

He met her eyes, staring into them for so long that Chloe wondered if he would ever find what he was so obviously looking for. She shifted from foot to foot, wondering if it would be too forward of her to just plop down in his lap and continue this lovely little stare fest from there. She was about to do just that, in fact, when he finally spoke again to ask –

“And what about in the morning?”

The question seemed so absurd that she laughed sharply before stifling it under his, very serious, gaze.

“In the morning,” she murmured, bending down so that her face was on level with his, her lips just inches from skin that she wanted to taste more than anything. “I will roll over, look in your eyes, and say it all again if that’s what you need. Now take me to bed?”

~*~End Part~*~

A/N: Tune in next time when we find out just where Lana tried to put that five dollar bill...

Na-No-Wri-Mo-ing!
    Originally posted by tthjinni@Dec 11 2004, 07:10 AM

A/N: Tune in next time when we find out just where Lana tried to put that five dollar bill...
    :wacko:

That's what I'm supposed to be wondering about until your next update? I can try, I guess, but I'm mostly just thinking about hot Chlexy smut.
    Her soul is senstive like a finely made tuning fork. It vibrates and resonates with every little hint of trauma, evil and monstrosity that might be humming in the air, and channels it into expressions of fiction... or recomended websites - somethingeasy

I am soooo not an addict tiger04's Avatar
    so where did lana try to put the money? Great update. I can't wait to see what is going to happen in the next chapter.

AT

NS Senior Member Senior Member Béatrice's Avatar
    Originally posted by nonky@Dec 11 2004, 07:57 AM
    That's what I'm supposed to be wondering about until your next update? I can try, I guess, but I'm mostly just thinking about hot Chlexy smut.
    The same here. I want Chlex. :chlexsign1:

Nice update!!! :biggrin:

NS Full Member
    lana? no thanks

chlex now i'd take that

love lea
    xxx

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    Please, please say that Lex isn't going to turn Chloe down!! I hope that he will tell her that he loves her too!! Great update!! :yay2: :chlexsign4: :yay2:

estrellalily
    Just a Guest!
    OH YAY!!! i love it, chlexy love and smut! can there be anything better, i think not.

please dont wait too long to update. :
    ~estrellalily

No! Come back! We want the Chlexy smut! :yay: :yay2: :yay:

Wonderful update, post soon

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information