+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Behind Closed Doors (Nc-17)

NS Full Member

Behind Closed Doors (Nc-17)

A/N: Blue: Ok, another long winded piece from me. Couple things. It shifts time a lot, as is usual with my ramblings. I’ll try and make it clear, but if you get confused, message me and I’ll clear things up. It will also be shifting POV, just to make sure you’re paying attention. *g* I don’t own Smallville. Nor do I own the poem “Parlour-Piece” by Ted Hughes that inspired the fic. Now, off with you and read!

Disclaimer: I also do not own Smallville or any of the characters associated with it. Don't sue me!

With love so like fire they dared not
    Let it out into strawy small talk;

Chloe listened to Clark blather on about something or other that had to do with the farm. She *thought* that it had to do with a hoe, and she had to fight back the urge to make some comment that would get her a reproachful look from either him or Lana. Looking at the other girl, Chloe had to admit that she did a bang up job of hanging on her boyfriend’s every word. She slowly moved her eyes to the other occupant of their table. A sly smile spread briefly over his mouth, but he said nothing. As was usual whenever she and Lex were around other people. No one else needed to know that, for a few months now, she and Lex had become *very* close.

Chloe gave Lex one of his patented smirks and tried to join in on Clark and Lana’s conversation. If she kept her gaze on Lex, her hands might have some difficulty with staying where they were. Whenever alone with him, she liked to keep in contact with his body. She was finding it more and more difficult to control herself around him. However, when she thought of the reactions that her friends and family would have to her and Lex, she knew that their pact to keep quiet, and their hands off of each other, would hold.

Picking up her now lukewarm drink, Chloe said, “So, you worked the hoe good, Clark, huh?” When two pairs of startled eyes turned her way, she feigned innocence. “What, he got a huge part of the field tilled in one day, I’d say that’s pretty damned good.” She winked at Clark and had to bite the inside of her cheek to keep from laughing when she saw Lana’s eyes narrow at her. ‘God, does she really think I still want the Flannel King over there? Though, it could be fun to mess with them.’

Lex saw the glint in Chloe’s eyes and he knew what she was thinking. Whether she wanted to admit it or not, Clark’s relationship with Lana was still a sore spot with her. Chloe was used to winning, and she *had* lost Clark to the Pink Power Ranger. She had tried to play it off as if it hadn’t bothered her. Lex had let her stew for weeks. Then, with a few well placed words, he had set Chloe off. Letting her get all of her hurt and vitriol in one fell swoop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lex watched, trying to reign in his amusement, as Chloe’s pen flew across the page of her small notebook. With every passing punctuation mark, she was getting more and more violent. If she wasn’t careful she was libel to stab through the paper and into her hand. Chloe looked up and caught the smirk on his face. Her eyes narrowed and she asked, in an accusatory tone, “What?”

Before answering, Lex carefully chose his words. He knew where her anger was coming from. The same place it always seemed to these days: Clark Kent. A few weeks ago, Clark had told him that he and Lana were once again an item. Lex had managed not to roll his eyes and had congratulated Clark. All the while wondering why Clark seemed to prefer the mousy brunette over Chloe. However, now that Clark was otherwise occupied, it seemed as if all the pieces that Lex needed were falling into place.

Innocently, or as much as he could fake that particular stance, Lex had asked how Chloe had taken the news. Clark had immediately ducked his head and Lex’s suspicions were confirmed. Clark had learned nothing of the debacle of over a year ago. He and Lana had still not told their ‘friend.’ Clark has sworn Lex to silence and he had sat back, waiting for the inevitable fallout. Lex hadn’t waited long.

Neither Clark nor Lana were blessed with the common sense that the higher powers bestowed on field mice. Chloe had caught them, just like the last time, in the barn. Lex hadn’t been there to witness it, but from the way that Clark had told it, she had gone nuclear. There had been yelling, and, he was still fuzzy on the details, but a pitchfork had been involved as well.

The younger boy hadn’t seemed to grasp Chloe’s point about them betraying her trust. Clark still thought the whole thing was about her feelings for him. At this point, Lex had been honest with his friend. “Clark, I think Chloe got over you a long while ago.” The boy had actually looked shocked at the very thought.

Lex had let the conversation drop and Clark had left soon thereafter. He had suspected that Clark had come to him, hoping that Lex would give him some advice on a way to patch things up with his friend. However, he thought that, this time, he would let the boy work it out himself. That way, he couldn’t get pulled into the mess that Clark would undoubtedly make.

Lex hadn’t counted on Chloe stepping up and fixing it. He had been amazed to learn that she had accepted her friends’ apologies and been the bigger man, so to speak. She had dealt with the new relationship and went on with her life. Lex didn’t buy it for a minute.

He knew Chloe, better than her supposed friends did, at least. She wasn’t one to just brush off another betrayal by her friends. Lex knew that Chloe was containing her anger. Most likely for the sake of everyone else but herself. It would make life easier for her father, and everyone else involved, so she had just silently borne her anger. Lex just had to get her to admit that it was still there. Then, they could move onto the next level.

Lex had decided that he would have Chloe, and, he was fairly certain that the young woman knew that. Recently, he hadn’t bothered to avert his eyes when she caught him staring at her. Instead, he held her gaze until one of them backed down. He no longer had to worry about Clark noticing, he was too busy with Lana. And, if the boy mentioned it to him, Lex would be able to spin it in a way that was favorable to Clark’s situation. Lex had found that that was the trick. He could pretty much get away with anything if Clark thought it was good for Lana.

Chloe cleared her throat, bringing Lex back to the present as she waited for his answer. Leaning back slightly in his chair, he said nothing, merely looking at her. When her eyebrows drew together, a sign that Lex had learned indicated an upcoming rant, he decided it was time to speak.

“I’m just surprised that you would take Clark ditching you for Lana *again* so well.” His lips twitched when he saw her clench her jaw and the ire spark in her eyes. Baiting her was a pleasant game, for now. When she failed to respond verbally, he went on. “One would think that you’d at least give them a dressing down. Instead, you’re here interviewing me while Clark and Lana do god knows what. Probably in your own home.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ‘Arrogant prick,’ Chloe thought. She could tell by the look on Lex’s face that he thought he had her all figured out. The problem was that, in this particular instance, he was right. She was livid with the new couple that she had to be around all the time. She was angry at their underhandedness and seemingly inability to comprehend anyone else’s feelings but their own. Chloe believed in the old adage: Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

After the latest humiliation, she had no intention of letting either one of them get close again. However, she also wasn’t about to let them see how much their new found happiness made her blood boil. She wouldn’t give them the satisfaction. Not only that, she didn’t feel like having heart-to-hearts with either of them about how they hadn’t meant to hurt her and she had to get past it so they could all be friends again. Frankly, she didn’t feel much like talking to either of them these days. Which was a problem being that she lived with Lana and Clark thought that they were such good pals.

The idiot usually prattled on and on about his girlfriend. Even having the nerve to ask Chloe for advice when he messed up by not attending to Lana’s every whim. Thankfully, Chloe was able to come up with lame excuses to leave Clark. All of which he bought.

She had been doing well at maintaining her outward appearance of happiness for the gruesome twosome, but, it seemed as if one person wasn’t fooled by her little act. Chloe had been caught by Lex numerous times mid eye roll. She had sent him challenging looks, but he never said anything to her. Or, Clark either. However, she would take those non verbal exchanges between them over the other, unsettling ones any day.

The ones where she was sure that Lex was not only undressing her with his eyes, but deciding how her body could provide him with the most pleasure. They were unsettling gazes not because they were unwelcome, just the opposite. Her mind usually went down that very dangerous road after she caught him staring at her like that.

Chloe would be damned, though, if she was going to give Lex the satisfaction of knowing that he was getting to her. Coming back to the present, she merely stared back, keeping her face impassive, a silent ‘What you looking at, punk?’ clear in the set of her eyes.

Now, the only thing she was sure that was reflected in her eyes was her anger. She hated that he could get to her with a few words. And, hated that he could probably see that. Trying to remain calm, Chloe slowly said, “Actually, I prefer doing this interview myself. While Clark is a good writer,” internally, Chloe muttered to herself about the sheer falseness of the statement, “this will help me score an internship at the Daily Planet.” She decided to ignore the latter part of his statement, it was safer that way.

Truth be told, she had farmed out this assignment to Clark. It was a puff piece, something that he could easily do. At the last minute, Clark had called Chloe on her cell, explaining that he had some emergency that he needed to take care of. Calmly, she had told him that she would cover for him. She had violently stabbed the ‘end’ button on her phone. Clark was smart enough to come up with an ‘emergency’ but the boy didn’t seem to grasp the concept that if he called from *her* house, the number would appear on her phone.

She had had to break more traffic laws than usual in order to make it to Lex’s house, if it could even be called that, on time for the interview. The sanctimonious way that he had asked what had kept Clark from coming himself had made Chloe want to strangle Lex. Instead, she had smiled briefly at him, explaining that Clark had an emergency that needed attending to. Chloe was certain that Lex had wanted her to hear the soft, “I’ll bet,” that he had muttered.

Ever since then, she had been waiting for some sort of ass-like comment from him. And he hadn’t disappointed. Chloe steeled herself for Lex’s response to the evasion tactics that she had used. Even though she had been expecting it, the self satisfied smirk that appeared on his face still got to her. She had to check the urge to reach across the desk separating them and physically wipe it off…by whatever means necessary.

Lex leaned forward, waiting until she was watching his face, and then said, “Tell me Chloe, do you really take me for one of your simple-minded friends that sincerely believe that you have no problem with Clark and Lana lying to you for weeks? That you are happy to be here, asking me pedestrian questions that even Lana might be able to get through, while the two of them clumsily grope each other?”

The anger that had been simmering under her skin had now started to bubble. Lex had hit on one too many points that had been causing her to want to yell and scream at anyone that she came into contact with. Pete had merely accepted her explanation. He hadn’t even bothered to ask her any questions about *why* she was ok with them. Not as if she would have answered them. However, it helped her to realize that Pete just cared about keeping the peace amongst his group of friends. He had given up on dating Chloe, so he didn’t really care one way or another if she was happy. As long as he had someone to hang out with and help with his papers, life was good.
    Even her own *father* hadn’t bothered to ask her if she was really ok. He was so busy with his new job at LuthorCorp that he didn’t seem to have any time for her these days. She couldn’t blame him for being excited, but it had still smarted to see the ease with which he had believed the lie.

Chloe only hoped that Clark’s general idiocy carried its way into the bedroom. It would give her some satisfaction to know that Lana wouldn’t be getting any of that from Clark.

All of this went through Chloe’s mind within a matter of seconds. When she was with Lex, she knew that he would take any long duration of silence as a sign that he was right, something that she hated to let him think. Chloe smiled sweetly at Lex as she plotted making her exit…she refused to think about as a retreat.

She no longer bothered to keep the venom out of her voice. Even though her anger was about to be displaced on the wrong person, she didn’t give a shit. Lex had painted her into this corner and it was time that she fought her way out.

“As a matter of fact, Lex. I don’t give a flying fuck what Little Ms. Perfect and her dullard boyfriend are doing right now. They can screw themselves blue for all I care.” Lex seemed amused at her turn of phrase, which pissed her off even more.

“The only thing I care about is getting this assignment done. It’s another one of the *pedestrian* things I have to do to get the hell out of this town. As for my friends that you’ve mentioned, I think we both already know that they don’t give a damn about what I think or how I feel.” Chloe’s voice had risen in volume. “Also, we both know that Lana would manage to fuck up an interview royally. Probably mentioned her long dead parents then falling apart and sobbing. She would move on from there saying how no one understands and how hard it is to be her. So, how about you don’t insult my intelligence and ask me such patronizing questions.”

Chloe sat back in her chair and lowered her voice. “I’m not imagining them groping each other. Maybe you’re only asking me that because that’s what’s going on in *your* head.” Looking up at Lex, she saw his fingers contract into a fist on the blotter, but he gave no other indication that her words has affected him.

“I can also tell you that if we’re at the part of the evening where you start questioning me that the interview is over. Thank you for your time, Lex. I have to be going.” She knew that switching back to Mr. Luthor would just be a signal to him that he had succeeded in pissing her off.

Chloe recapped her pen and began getting her notes together. She refused to run out of the room, so she took her time. Making sure that Lex would have time to digest all that she had said. If he thought that playing with her was going to be his new game, he had another thing coming. She needed to show Lex that if he wanted the truth, she wasn’t going to mince words with him. Chloe could really care less about what anyone thought about her anymore.

Methodically, she went through her notes, making sure that she had gotten as much out of Lex as she wanted. Never once looking up from her task at hand, she stood up. And was surprised to find that Lex had gotten out of his chair, rounded the desk, and was now leaning against it with his arms crossed. She had expected some sort of cool response to her comments, instead, he just looked down at her.

Even though she was fully standing and Lex was hunched over, Chloe still had to tilt her chin up to look at him. She tried not to be affected by Lex’s proximity, merely looking at him expectantly. When he continued to stare at her, Chloe began to get uncomfortable but wasn’t about to be the first one to break eye contact.

Instead of speaking to her, Lex first reached over and slid Chloe’s bag off of her shoulder. Chloe noticed that his fingers lingered on her shoulder for a moment longer than necessary before he tucked his hand back into the pocket of his slacks. Lex’s eyes locked with hers and she couldn’t look away.

“Stay,” he said, his voice firm.

If she had been able to tear her eyes from Lex’s Chloe was sure that she would be able to come up with something biting to say. However, all that came out of her mouth was, “I have to go.”

“Where,” Lex asked, stepping closer to her. His arms snaked around her waist and pulled her closer to him. Chloe’s senses were invaded by Lex. The feel of his body against hers was very distracting as was the smell of expensive cologne that wafted in her direction. His left hand came to rest on the sliver of skin that was exposed between the bottom of her shirt and the top of her jeans.

Chloe stood stock still. Her body wanted to lean into the touch, while her mind told her to get as far away from him as possible. However, her stubborn pride wouldn’t let her shrink away from him like some scared, virginal schoolgirl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lex knew that he was making headway. She hadn’t kneed him in the crotch yet even though he was touching her. Chloe was lucky that he was keeping his baser urges in check. What he wanted to do was throw her down on the desk and live out one of his most common fantasies where she was involved. However, if he even attempted that, Lex knew that it would end here and now. And, Chloe was far too much fun for that.

He had expected the harsh words from her and her accusation of his feelings for Clark. It wasn’t as if he didn’t hear the whispers of the whole town, he just chose to ignore them. Clark was a good cover for him. Their friendship got him access to the blonde.

In order for the two of them to continue in the direction that Lex wanted, he needed Chloe to admit, out loud, that she was through with her friends. Her disavowal of who and what she used to be was important. He wouldn’t have her hiding behind the pretense that her friends would disown her later.

As he pulled her even closer, Lex could see that she was warring with herself. Chloe was deciding what to do with this new, though most likely not unexpected, development. And, if he didn’t say something soon, he was certain that she would make the wrong decision.

Leaning down until his mouth was by her ear, Lex repeated his question, “Where?” He heard Chloe clear her throat, preparing to answer him, but he wasn’t about to let her do so.

“Home? I don’t think so. You wouldn’t subject yourself to that. Having to avoid your room because Lana’s is right next door. Being relegated to sitting on the couch watching the local news, trying to ignore what was going on right above your head. Having to make small talk with Clark when he came down the stairs to leave. Is that what you really want?”

Slowly, making sure that Chloe wasn’t about to bolt, Lex kissed the shell of her ear. He heard her gasp….but she didn’t run. He knew what her next line of defense would be. To list all of the places that she could go instead of home. Lex was glad that he knew her so well, it made his job that much easier.

“I’m sure that right about now, the Talon is looking good to you.” He started moving his thumb in small circles on the expanse of skin that his left hand was in contact with. “Lana’s not there, no Clark, either. Sure, you may run into Pete but he’s nothing you can’t handle.” He kissed Chloe on the patch of skin just under her ear and she shuddered against him. ‘Knew that she’d like the slow seduction.’

“But, it’s closed.” Lex had made sure to keep a vigilant eye on the time. He had dragged out some of his answers more than necessary. Chloe’s little rant had pushed them over the edge of nine o’clock. The time at which every place in Smallville closed for business every night.

Chloe pulled back from him, but Lex’s arm around her kept her semi-anchored to his body. When he looked down at her, he had to remind himself not to smile. Her breathing had doubled, she wasn’t panting yet, that would come later, but it was an encouraging sign of her reaction to him. And, her eyes had an unfocused look to them. She blinked a few times to get her bearings.

“There’s always the Torch.” Lex could see that Chloe was pleased with herself. She had an obvious physical reaction to him but he was certain she could rationalize it away. The fact that she was still able to think was supposed to be a signal to Lex that she wasn’t caving under his attention. It was a sign he chose to ignore.

He brought his right hand up, his left was still glued to her body, and ran his fingers over her collarbone. Lex was glad that Chloe had chosen to wear one of those flimsy tank tops that were in style. He enjoyed the view it gave him and the easy access to her skin Not to mention that there was something to be said for the fact that he knew what color bra she was wearing. It was that much easier to image what she would look like in just her underwear.

Keeping his eyes rooted to where his fingers ran over the delicate skin below her neck, Lex kept up his conversational tone of voice. “That would be a good option, Chloe.” He brought his gaze up to meet her eyes. “Except you’ve forgotten about the new closed campus policy. After that poor, unfortunate boy was killed last week in the gym after hours, they’ve actually enforced the policy.”

Chloe’s eyes widened a little. She had either momentarily forgotten about that fact or hadn’t realized that Lex would know. He went for option number two, knowing that Chloe’s mind filed away every scrap of information she got.

“Not even you could sweet talk your way past security. Not after all of the publicity it has gotten. I believe you even wrote a piece about it. I heard it made quite the impression on the principal. So, you’ve got no one to blame but yourself.” Chloe’s eyes narrowed on him. He had to fight the urge to chuckle at how quickly her mood could change.

“Besides, would you really want to be in your office, alone, with whatever is killing your classmates?” He raised one eyebrow up, waiting for her response. While talking hadn’t been one of the things he had planned for her this evening, he wanted her to feel somewhat in control. Wanted her to feel like she made the decision, herself. If for no other reason that it would be one less thing that she could use to excuse her actions.

Lex had noticed that Chloe was one of those women that often denied herself what she really wanted. It had happened with Clark, thankfully. But, Lex would not allow it with him.

When Chloe didn’t respond to him, just looked away to some point behind his right shoulder, he had all the answer he needed. Smiling, mostly because Chloe wasn’t looking at him, no doubt wondering what she was getting herself into, Lex watched as she thought about all that he had said to her. Loving it as he watched her make her decision. Chloe’s face was so expressive that, when she didn’t put up her guard, it was easy to see what she was thinking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    As she stared up at the second floor mini-library that was in Lex’s office, Chloe’s mind wandered back to one of the first times that she had an actual conversation with Lex. It had happened up there. As he had continued to effectively dodge her questions, she had noticed a chess board that lay on the table. She had thought that it was an excellent representation of every conversation that Lex had.

Right about now, she was wondering what piece she was. Was she a pawn in some endgame of his? Something to be sacrificed at the precise moment when it would do her the most harm and him the most good? ‘Geez, could you get any more melodramatic?’ However, part of her knew that this could all be some part of a bigger plan that Lex had.

‘That’s what you like about it,’ some part of her answered.

Though she would deny it vehemently, part of the allure of Lex was that he wasn’t a safe choice. He was the antithesis of Clark. With Lex, what you see was what you got. He didn’t pretend to be a Boy Scout around her anymore. He had dropped that act long ago. Clark, on the other hand was, in theory, reliable, trustworthy, the all-American boy who would do right by you.

There was no guarantee with Lex. Chloe was going into this with her eyes wide opened. Just because he wanted her now, and he had left no doubt to that, that didn’t mean that whatever they were about to start would last. Because, she knew that this wasn’t about love or affection. It was about giving in to what you wanted. And, maybe, finding some sort of solace in someone who understood her. That was what was always lacking in her relationship with Clark.

Their friendship had spanned numerous years, but her ‘friend’ actually knew her very little. Maybe it was because he couldn’t face the truth that there was darkness somewhere inside of her. She fought against it, but it was there, none the less. Maybe that was one of the reasons Clark had pulled back. He was already trying to pull Lex back over the edge, he couldn’t waste his time with another pet project.

Instead of thinking of Clark, Chloe thought of the man that was currently wreaking havoc on her body and good sense. Nothing totally inappropriate had occurred, so far. She could walk away and she was certain that Lex would never mention it again. He would take it as a sign that she didn’t want whatever it was that he was offering to her.

But, she did. One thing that she knew about Lex was the amount of focus he gave to everything that he did. If he wanted her, he would show her in every way possible. Maybe in ways that *she* hadn’t thought of yet. Chloe could forget about the outside world, her alleged friends, the monotony of school, and just be with Lex. All in all, it wasn’t a bad idea. And really, at this point, what did she have to lose?

Closing her eyes briefly before looking at Lex, she turned back to him. He was watching her closely and she was certain that he already knew what her answer would be. Whether she liked it or not, the man did know her very well. However, for once, he had the decency to not look smug.

Lex’s right hand had, by now, stopped moving along the planes of her collarbone. Instead, it rested on his shoulder. His left was still possessively twined around her waist and she had no intention of moving it right now.

Chloe plucked his right hand off of her body, her eyes locked with Lex’s, and entwined their fingers. Before Lex could respond, she started to walk, tugging him after her. Chloe didn’t need to tell him where they were going. Lex knew the way to his bedroom.

NS Full Member
    In a house on a street, in a city in a state, in a country on a continent, on a planet in a universe
    YES! to the bedroom! and

Clark was a good cover for him. Their friendship got him access to the blonde.
    cause we all know that's what's really going on. i love this so...more please?

Members
    Chloe didn’t need to tell him where they were going. Lex knew the way to his bedroom.
    I think that's damn near the hottest, funniest line I've ever read. I love this story already (like all of your others).

You have to update soon...

NS Senior Member Senior Member sydsvaughn's Avatar
    Yep, I'm loving this equal glimpse at Lex and Chloe. It really, really works for me!

I love it!

SaraC

Miss Innocent-Or? 2005 Senior Member ColumbiaBlue's Avatar
    I was addicted after the second word. Please update this soon!

~Manda :

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    More...

Hope :biggrin:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    I love your new story!! But you didn't mean to leave it right there did you? I know your going to come right back and complete the :smut: !! Please post your next chapter soon!! :chlexsign3:

NS Senior Member Senior Member
    Ah lovely start! I love just how you've described the interactions between the characters. Also how Lex seems to know Chloe so much better than her so-called friends do.

Can't wait for the next update!

Imperial Dragon Senior Member Impress's Avatar
    need more soon.

NS Senior Member Senior Member Béatrice's Avatar
    Please, more! :biggrin:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information