+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cliff's Edge (5/5) NC-17 *Complete*

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar

Cliff's Edge (5/5) NC-17 *Complete*

Title: Cliff's Edge*I don't like the title, so if you have a better one, let me know.*
    Author: Blaire
    Rating: NC17
    Disclaimer: Don't own them. Unless you count a mold replica of certain body parts.
    Archival: Anywhere you want.
    Summary: Chloe gets in a tight spot, can Lex help her out of it?

Prologue:

Chloe's nails dug into the hard rock edge of the cliff, her feet dangled dangerously below her. A thin streak of sweat escaped her hairline and trailed down past her eyebrow, leaving a dark line down her cheek. Her eyes burned from the mix of sweat, dirt, and the glare of the sun. Whimpering as she shifted she rubbed the side of her face against the arm of her sleeve.Another drop of sweat trickled off her nose.

Swinging her feet she felt the strap of her bag catch on a jagged point. Twisting her body this way and that, trying to free herself it caught further. With a groan and as much confidence as she could muster up she let her left hand slip from rock it had claimed purchase to. Letting her arm drop back to her side she let her bag fall. Intent on listening to see how long a fall it was, exactly, she held her breath. With a thud her purse landed and Chloe twisted to see where. A small ledge jutted out from the side of the cliff.

With stark encouragement she shifted ruthlessly until her foot caught in a crack in the cliff. With a yelp of fury and pain she yanked it free and screamed as her other hand slipped. With a hard smack she landed on her back. rolling over, her head hung off the small strip of flat rock. Overlooking the edge of the cliff she saw the endless space below. With a startled grunt she shifted her weight and rolled the other way until she was in the shade. Looking up she saw the inside of a small cave. Or what appeared to be one. Pushing herself off her bruised hands she sat up and her head nearly collided with a sharp rock.

Grunting she maneuvered herself enough to reach her bag and pull it inside the small cove with her. Reaching inside it she pulled out her cellphone and frantically raced her fingers over the 9 and 1's. A crackle came to life before she heard a dial tone. "No." She held the phone out away from her and screamed at it. "God dammit!" Crawling a little further out until sunlight warmed her again she held her phone out and waited for it to roam. And roam. And roam. With a cry of defeat Chloe almost gave into the urge to throw it over. "God damn, piece of shit, Nokia." She screamed at it and tossed it back into her bag.

Crawling back into the cave she rubbed at her sore ankle. Dumping the contents of her bag out onto the dirt rock floor she shuffled through it. A pack of gum, her worthless cellphone, her wallet, like that would do any good. A pack of mentos, a granola bar, a bag of coffee beans in case of emergency. She sneered at that thought. A crossword puzzle, a pen, and one flare. Thank god her dad was adamant about things like her car breaking down. And thank god she had been forgetful enough not to take it out of her purse and put it in her trunk as he'd told her to do.

With a sigh she started packing things back up and kicked off her shoes to assess the damage of her sprained ankle. With the comfort of her fingers dancing lightly over the swelling that began to show, she reflected on her day. It had started early that morning when Clark had backed out on yet another excursion. Pete had asked him for some help with Math. Lana was working today. And well, that was all of her friends. Pathetic. She thought as she dug in her bag for a damn piece of gum. Fucking pathetic that she didn't know anyone else enough to call them a friend.

And since when were there cliffs in Smallville? She argued with herself. She had simply been walking through the woods, taking pictures of the meteor rocks around the area. She was going to do an expose on them. It sounded trifle enough. But fact was that she had seen other meteor rocks. And the only ones that were green, and not to mention the red ones. Had been from the meteor shower in Smallville. So she had wanted to make a map of Smallville and outline the areas of which were littered in masses of these rocks. Chloe chomped on the gum and rolled her eyes. And it just figured as soon as she had mentioned to Clark where she was headed, he had to remind her that LuthorCorp owned the land. Well no shit. What part of Smallville didn't the Luthor's own? It was a rhetorical question. Everyone would have known that. Shit, even Lex had bought the Kent'sfarm in the auction. He had the deed placed in the Kent'sname. But it was his money that had bought it.

And her house. Was it not on LuthorCorp land that the townhouses lay? Well of course it was. With a grunt and her head rolling from side to side, she tried to work out the kinks in her neck. She didn't even have a god damn flashlight. Who went out near nightfall without a flashlight? Obviously it was her. Well, she'd just have to wait. With a groan, Chloe thumped her head back against the stone wall.

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    Great beginning to your story!! How will anyone find Chloe? I would be scared to death to be stuck in a small cave alone at night on the side of a cliff!! Please update this story again soon!! I'm totally intrigued!! :chlexsign4:

that's good so far.

i can't wait to see how Chlex is going to play into this. :chlexsign1:

please continue! :biggrin:

LarkLuthor
    Just a Guest!
    Very interesting. I want to see where this leads. Continue please.

Lark

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    More please...

Hope :biggrin:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

katspell
    Just a Guest!
    Who is going to save her?????
    Can't wait for the update!

Imperial Dragon Senior Member Impress's Avatar
    good start. more soon.

NS Senior Member Senior Member Béatrice's Avatar
    Poor Chloe!!!

Nice job! :biggrin: Please update soon.

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :biggrin: cool, love it already! more please!

Fic Tease Senior Member Blaire023's Avatar
    A/N: Hey everyone. Thanks to those of you who reviewed. I figured by now you'd all be pissed at me for not updating any of my other fics, though I am slowly getting around to it. And as to not confuse anyone, this takes place the morning after the prologue. There are five chapters in all (not counting the prologue). I'll update as soon as possible.

Chapter 1: Missing Person

Clark slammed his locker one handed. "What do you mean she went out by herself?" He turned and stared down at Pete.

With a shrug and his hands held out in front of him Pete claimed his innocence. "Just that. She went out alone since none of us would go with her."

As they walked down the hallway Lana joined the group. "I don't know how she does it." Lana remarked as they rounded the corner towards the Torch office.

"Does what?" Pete looked over to her.

"Chloe was out of bed this morning and gone for school before I even got up. Where does she find the energy for that? I got home at midnight and her car wasn't even out there yet."

Clark's brows furrowed as they entered the torch office. "Are you sure she came home last night, Lana?"

Lana glanced around the room. "Ummm, No, I mean, I thought..." She walked toward Chloe's desk and looked down at the map of Smallville. "Well, where did she go?" She turned to look at Pete and Clark.

*~*

Lex Luthor paced his office, a copy of a merger in his hand. For the third time he was reading it over. He grunted in disapproval when the phone buzzed. Punching in a button he merely spoke his name. "Luthor."

"Lex?" Clark waited a beat and fought with himself whether or not he should just send Pete out looking for her instead.

"This is he." Lex clarified when the other person didn't speak up.

"It's Clark." He went silent again.

Lex waited a beat ticking off numbers in french in his head. When he got to twenty without so much as a word from the other end he huffed out, "I don't have time for this, Clark."

"Oh, yeah." Clark sounded dumbfounded. "Sorry, I was just thinking. See..."

"Spit it out."

"Okay, see, Chloe went out last night and isn't in school right now."

Lex looked down at his watch. "Clark, it's not quite past 8 am. Why don't you give her some time. Then you can call the police." With a deliberate sigh he added, "Next time you need advice, just ask."

"NO-" Clark rushed out afraid Lex would hang up on him. "Chloe went out investigating last night. She didn't come home last night and she isn't in school this morning. I think she's in trouble. I was going to call the cops. But then I remembered where she said she was going."

"That's very astute of you, Clark, but-" He was effectively cut off as Clark picked up his ramblings.

"She was going to Edenton Forest. I told her it was LuthorCorp property but she didn't seem to care." He took in a deep breath and looked at the wall, feeling Lana and Pete both watching him from their positions side by side in the room. "LuthorCorp owns the land, so I thought I'd let you know first. In case, you know, you wanted to do something first."

"You said Edenton Forest?" Lex repeated it and tried to bring a picture of the rough landscape into his mind. "I don't see where she could be in there, Clark. Not much to see over there." Lex stopped pacing and his eyes shot up to the ceiling before he muttered a curse word. "Shit." He swore softly.

"What? What is it?" Clark nearly panicked and filled with guilt for letting her go alone.

"Cliffs. The place has a drop off of about a hundred feet." Lex rubbed a hand over his already tired face. Don't forget to mention the gold mine of meteor rocks out there, Lex. You could always tell people you bought the land to have the rocks cleared off it. Like they'd believe anything like that. "I'll go out and check. Stay at school and I'll check in if I find anything." He leaned over his desk scribbling a quick note for his secretary should she decide to show up at all today. "Can you tell me what she was wearing?"

Clark was stunned for a moment. "Uhh." His voice cleared as he pulled away from the phone, obviously conferring with other people. "Pete." Came his hush whispered voice. "Do you remember what Chloe was wearing yesterday?"

Pete shrugged and Lana did the same. After a few moments Clark tried hard to remember. "I think she was wearing a pair of jeans and a white long sleeved shirt that said Hurley on it. I think the letters were red. Or pink." Lex rolled his eyes. Poor Chloe. "No, red. Definitely red."

Shaking his head, already feeling sorry for the poor girl no one obviously paid any attention to yesterday, he said quickly into the phone. "I'll go, Clark. If I need to I'll call the police. But I don't think Miss Sullivan will be entirely too happy to explain to them what she was doing trespassing on my land."

"Thanks, Lex. I owe you." Lex rolled his eyes once again and replaced the phone on the receiver. "Welcome." He muttered and grabbed his coat, heading out the door.

End 1/5

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information