+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shine (NC-17)

Lex's secret Lover *wink* gumballtiger's Avatar
    Okay guys and gals... I know I am being very mean and evil for not posting yet, but I am backing up the story, doing a little tweeking and working on the next post, which should be the last (it will be uber long) post, then I hope to post the story in its compleated glory in the compleated section. Love ya much.. bye

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :blush: *down on knees pleeding and begging*

PLEASE update! I know you daid it was gonna ber uber long and the final podt and all wonderful stuff, but damn it, I am going through fic withdrawral, and meeeeeeeppppp! I love this fic, please update soon. :yay:

storie girl Senior Member starmoon's Avatar

Re: The Shine (NC-17)

i like it so far and would like it even more if you would update soon.

omg. you also used 'Xan' from Ellidyay's Time Warp. *sniff* i knew that nick is one of the best.

oh, and update please.

NS Senior Member Senior Member malugargula's Avatar

Wonderful fic

I hope you post more soon
    Malu

Lex's secret Lover *wink* gumballtiger's Avatar

Okay you guys and gals.. I know you probably hate me for not posting sooner, but when the brain farts there is nothing you can do. This is the last chapter, posted before july 4 as promised... I probably could have done a better job on this last bit if I had finished it when I was supposed to instead of letting my life attack me, but live and learn right? So if you think this last chapters is lame and too short.... sorry.. *shrugs*

Last chappie.

~~the next morning ~~

Lex and Xan both stretched and reached for Chloe, each one moving close to give her a kiss. Opening their eyes, they stared blue into blue before they yelped and rolled in opposite directions each one falling out the sides of the bed and hitting the floor with a thump. Chloe rushed out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her.
    “What happened??” She gasped, water dripping from her hair onto the floor.
    “Nothing!!” They both yelled in a slight panic, making Chloe step back and shake her head before going back into the bathroom.

“Ewwww.” Xan said with a grimace
    “I second that with a Gross.” Lex shuddered.

They glanced at each other and both shivered in disgust. They had almost kissed each other. Even though they were, technically, one person they felt it was the equivalent of twin brothers kissing. They didn’t even try to figure out the logic of both of them having Chloe.

A knock sounded on the door and both Lex and Xan jumped. Swallowing tightly, this was the first time they had spoken to anyone but Chloe since the ‘Split’ as they were calling it, Lex answered with a haughty “What?”

Dean voice filtered through the wood of the door when he said that Clark was waiting down stairs to see Chloe. Lex and Xan both scowled. They had enough competition from each other with out adding the boy-scout to the mix. Not that Chloe would do anything, but Clark made them nervous.

Lex called to Dean telling him that Chloe would be down soon. Xan headed into the bathroom to inform Chloe that Clark was here, while Lex gathered his clothes quickly.

Xan hurried out of the bathroom bumping into Lex as he moved to get some pants and a shirt for himself. Suddenly they both felt a wrenching in their chests as their bodies slammed together, muscle and bone twisting and dissolving as they reabsorbed each other.

Lex swayed on his feet. He had Xan’s memories, as well as his own, giving him the oddest feeling of being in two places at once. Shaking his head he felt the chain around his neck clink against something. Moving to the mirror in the closet he looked.

He was wearing both the ‘Lex’ and the ‘Xan’ name tags. His eyes widened… He was himself again… He felt like part of him was missing in a way that he never had when Xan had been separated from him.

Chloe hurried out of the bathroom, drying her hair with a towel. “Where is Xan?” She asked looking around.

When Lex turned she stared at the dual name tags in shock…

“He.. He is gone Chloe…” Chloe whimpered and threw herself against his chest. She had loved Xan just as much as she loved Lex, how could she not when he was part of Lex. He had only been around for a day, but he had seemed to belong.

Lex stroked her back comfortingly, murmuring softly. Then standing her up he took her necklace off, and removed the key. Unlocking the twin chains around his neck he placed them carefully on a dresser. “We will bury what part of him we can. Now try and perk up… You still have to talk to Clark…” The way Lex said his name made Chloe laugh despite her sniffles, and she headed out and down the stairs to meet with Clark while Lex got ready for the day.

When Chloe stepped into the room where Clark was waiting she had just finished wiping her eyes and was still sniffling. Clark stood up and came to her side.

“I guess you already heard…” He said touching her shoulder trying to comfort her.

“Heard what?” Chloe stared up at him for a moment thoughts about her father or Pete or even Lana going through her mind, and what could have happened to them.

“About Lex… The tape?” Clark prompted her again and when she didn’t respond he handed her a videotape.

“It was all over the news this morning, Pete caught it on tape while he was waiting for a game to come on. You need to watch it. I’m sorry Chloe.” Clark left her staring after him, as he left.

“Well that was weird…” Chloe narrowed her eyes. Walking up to the study she popped the tape into the VCR of the big screen, and watched as the pictures flickered to life.

A tall thin woman with long brown hair strolled into Lex’s office. Lex was sitting behind the desk and smiled when she came in. The woman sat on the edge of his desk facing him. Leaning down she gave him a kiss, loosening his tie. Lex stood and pressed his body between her legs, bending her back over the desk as he unzipped his pants, shoving up her skirt. He began to pound into her, the woman crying out in pleasure. The woman came first, and was doing nothing to help Lex find satisfaction. Lex was working away at her semi limp body for almost two minutes of tape, before he froze and groaned.

The woman pushed her skirt down and gave Lex a soft kiss before she strolled out of the office, leaving Lex to clean himself up.

Then the tape changed to a public news cast.

A woman, the news anchor, was talking about Lex’s new fiancé, a woman named Anastia. She was rich, a model slash actress slash heiress. The camera spun to look up at a second story window, where the woman from the tape could be seen. She came out onto the balcony and waved, a ring flashing on the ring finger of her left hand. Then the camera went back to news woman and she talked some more about how perfect Lex and Anastia were for each other. A clip came on, a black and white security tape from a jewelry store. It showed Lex shopping and picking out several items. He left the store with six packages.

Chloe looked down at her ring. She had only gotten one of the boxes, so where did the rest of them go? She started to cry silently, standing and leaving the tape playing even as it dissolved into the blank fuzz. Dropping the remote she had been holding she rushed out of the room, into the bedroom she and Lex shared.

Grabbing a small suitcase from the closet, not even wasting time wondering why Lex wasn’t in the room. She ran to the bathroom grabbing her essentials, toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, face wash, and a smidgen of makeup. Hurrying back into the bed room she grabbed whatever clothes she found.

Zipping the suitcase she looked around at the mess she had made, then left the room. Going back into the study she pulled off her ring setting it on top of the VCR. Then she rushed out of the house, slamming doors and fumbling with her car keys. It took two tries to start the old beetle, but Chloe couldn’t stand to drive the other cars. Kicking up dust she pushed the accelerator, zooming out of the mansion driveway and down the road.

~~~~~~~

Lex sat in the dining room eating breakfast, fighting the urge to go and watch Clark and Chloe. Dean came in as Lex was moving his eggs around on his plate.

“Mr. Kent has left Sir.”

“Thank you Dean, will you please tell Chloe that I am here having breakfast..”

“Sir, I am afraid that is not possible. After Mr. Kent left, Chloe went into the study. She then came out a few minutes later and went into you bedroom. When she left she was carrying a suitcase. She left in the beetle Sir.”

“WHAT!!!!” Lex jumped up and rushed out of the room, running up the stairs and sprinting to his bedroom. It was in shambles. The drawers were pulled out, clothes flung around, the closet was open, the small over night suitcase was gone. Stalking into the bathroom he saw it was in much the same way. Things were on the floor, tipped over, spilled, and broken. Chloe’s toothbrush was gone.

Lex moved quickly out of the bedroom down to the study. His gaze went to the TV which was still playing the blank static of unrecorded tape. His eyes flashed to the VCR and saw Chloe’s ring. Whimpering he went and picked it up. Slipping it on his pinkie he hit the rewind button, then sat on the couch. His foot hit the remote that was on the floor and he bent to pick it up.

It looked like just a bunch of news running in rewind, but when it flipped over to football he hit play.

After watching the tape he made a soft wounded noise, clutching at his chest. It ached worse then when Xan had been reabsorbed. It felt like he had been given 50 thousand volts right to the heart.

Staggering to his feet he pulled his cell phone out, setting all his servants on the search for Chloe. Then he called Clark. Arguing and yelling into the phone is how Dean found him.

“Sir…”

“And then you go and give her a tape that you didn’t even verify if it was real….”

“Sir!”

“Didn’t even come and ask me what the truth was…

“SIR!!!” Dean finally shouted.

Lex turned around and promptly hung up on Clark. “WHAT? I was told not to be disturbed until they found something.”

“They did find something Sir… Her car was wrecked up against a tree on Hollow road. She is on her way to the hospital now.”

Lex went pale, and he dropped his phone. Rushing out of the room he pounded down the stairs and into his car. Starting it with a roar, he followed Chloe’s example, spinning up dirt and rocks with his tires as he sped out of the mansion’s grounds. He went straight to the hospital. Where they made him wait.

~~~~~~~

Chloe woke slowly, remembering what she had done. *Stupid stupid stupid!!* She ranted at herself. She was in the hospital… Big surprise. And there was Lex, sitting in an uncomfortable chair nearby, asleep. She had to smile. She knew what had been on the tape was old, probably a few months before she and Lex got together. She could tell by his desk and computer. He had bought a whole new set-up before her birthday. He had been in the store buying her yellow laptop, and had decided he wanted a new computer too. The one on the tape was not the one on his desk. Plus she had seen an edition of the Torch, and the picture was from months and months ago judging by the picture.

But seeing that tape, right on top of ‘loosing’ Xan, had made Chloe snap. She wasn’t really mad at Lex for what happened to Xan, but he had seemed so calm about it, so cold. Since Xan was essentially Lex, he probably hadn’t felt the loss as hard as she had, she realized that now.

Lex stirred and blinked sleepily at her, mumbling her name. “Chloe, are you awake baby?”

Chloe smiled again. Lex sounded a little frightened and hesitant, as if she might start throwing things at him. “Yeah I’m awake… And.. I shouldn’t have run off like that. I know you wouldn’t do that, but subconsciously I saw it was an old tape. I should have talked to you, but I just…I don’t know, snapped I guess…”

Lex chuckled and stood up, moving to sit on the edge of the bed with her. “I think that is the first time you have ever apologized to anyone.” Chloe laughed lightly, coughing towards the end because of her bruised ribs. Slamming into a steering wheel was a real bitch.

Noticing her pained expression and her cough, Lex leaned forward with a serious look on his face. “What did the doctor say?” Lex was worried.

Giving him a light smile she shook her head. “I’ll be fine, just a few bruises and scrapes… but there is one thing… Something showed up on the blood test, they wanted to do a specialized test to double check but…” Chloe paused, swallowing as she tried to speak and Lex immediately jumped to the wrong conclusion.

“Oh my god, you have blood poisoning? Aids? Cancer? Tetanus? Rabies?” Lex was almost panting as he worked himself up in his worry. “High cholesterol?!”

“NO, no.. Lex.. nothing like that… Calm down.” Chloe laughed slightly as Lex relaxed a little, breathing heavily. “The doctor.. he , he thinks that I’m ughh… Jeez this is harder than I thought it would be…”

“Damn it Chloe, just tell me!! I’m going crazy here!” Lex burst out as Chloe stumbled through her explanation.

“He thinks I’m pregnant…” Chloe ducked her head and her fingers played with the edge of the blanket that was on top of her. Lex sighed in relief…

“Oh well if that’s all it is…” Lex sighed and Chloe looked at him oddly. Finally her words seemed to sink in and Lex straightened his eyes wide. Turning to look at her he blinked. “Pregnant? As in… Baby pregnant?” Lex’s voice rose at the end and he cleared his throat.

Chloe smiled at him hesitantly. “Ugh.. yeah… It might be a fluke though…”

“We… We have to get married as soon as possible, I proposed already so.. so we just need to have the wedding… This is.. this is so amazing.”

“Hey speaking of when you proposed, you know that ring you gave me?” Chloe looked at him curiously.

“Oh yeah, here.” Lex reached into his pocket and handed her the ring that she had left behind. He gently grasped her hand and lifted it, sliding it over her ring finger.

“Thank you Lex… But when you bought this ring… you bought a bunch of other stuff too didn’t you? What happened to it? Because you didn’t give it to me so I can only think you gave it to someone else…” Chloe probably sounded greedy but she didn’t mean to, she just wanted to make sure he wasn’t buying jewelry for other women. She trusted him but what would he be doing with it otherwise?

“Oh, it is all at home. I had it tucked away for when I wanted to surprise you or when you had a bad day… you know to cheer you up.” Lex shrugged with a slight blush that he could be so… romantic.

Chloe laughed as Lex stretched out next to her in the small hospital bed and rested his head on her shoulder. “I love you Chloe…”

“I love you too Lex…”

~~~~~6 years later~~~~~~

“Daddy’s home!!! Daddy’s home!” Lollina squealed as she ran down the stairs of the mansion, her 5 year old frame wrapped in a yellow flowered dress top with white shorts and sandals. Chloe followed her strawberry blonde, blue-grey eyed daughter with a slower pace. She was four months pregnant with their second child, another girl judging by the sonogram.

Lex came in with a smile, his briefcase in one hand, his jacket over his arm. Dean followed with Lex’s suitcase. He had been away for almost two weeks on a business trip to Europe. Lollina threw herself against her father’s legs with a happy smile. Lex laughed and set his jacket and briefcase on the floor near the door.

Scooping her up into his arms with the same ease that he swept Chloe off her feet, Lex laughed and hugged her to his chest. “Hello Lollipop. Were you a good girl for Mommy?” When Lolli nodded with a big smile as her small arms wrapped around his neck. “That’s my princess…”

When Chloe moved to his side, he shifted Lolli so he could hold her with one arm, wrapping the other around Chloe’s shoulders and kissing her soundly. “How is the love of my life?”

Chloe shrugged and smiled wearily snuggling under his arm as the three of them climbed up the stairs. “Oh, just a little tired… Better now that you are home.”

“I love you Daddy. I love you too Mommy.”

“Love you Lollipop, love you Chloe… You two are my favorite people in the world… My girls.” Lex kissed both of them on the forehead.

“I love you Lex... Lolli.” Chloe smiled as all three of them sprawled out on their big bed. Lolli fell asleep first, her small body nestled between her father and mother, the window dark outside. Chloe fell asleep next.

Lex lay there looking at his family in the dim light of the room he and Chloe shared. Closing his eyes at the simple joy and happiness that had been his life ever since Chloe came into it, the constant amazement and fun that came from Lolli, and the hope for the future. Lex fell asleep a few minutes later, his life finally complete.

~finis~
    Last edited by tigerbaby; 26th June 2005 at 03:46.

Lex's Devoted Love Slave darkangel's Avatar

I just loved this fic. Please write more.

At first, I didn't know what to think of it, but after reading the entire thing, it was a beautiful story. Great job

This was a great story

Lex's Devoted Love Slave darkangel's Avatar

Lovely ending.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information