+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 525 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanguis quid Ligurat (NC17)

NS Senior Member Senior Member
    This fic makes me entirely too giddy. *grin*
    I totally agree! Glad to see the chapters back up.

More soon, pretty please?

Administrator Senior Member Julie's Avatar
    Arg, Fiona! You can't stop there! I've been reading where I left of a while ago yesterday at school, and the rest now... Which.. is not good... Got me thinking all naughty nc17 stuff.... which isn't good... FIONA!!!!
    Be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for latest updates and news!

Ok, I know some of you have already guessed this would happen....damn you all raining on my suspense...LOL :biggrin: Anyway here's the next chapter.....Fiona

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirty Seven - ZERO

“Damn it,” muttered Gabe, “stupid machine.” He tinkered around with it some more, “ok Tom, try and start it again.”

Tom flicked the switch on the machine and it coughed and spluttered to life. Gabe held his breath to see if it would last longer than 10 seconds this time. It coughed and spluttered a few times more but thankfully didn’t die out and continued to run.

“Well done Gabe,” said Tom.

Gabe smiled at him, “ok, I don’t think it will last long so let’s get what we can out of it. I’m going to check on the others and see where they are on their volumes. When I ring Lionel with an update I want to give him good news.”

Tom nodded and Gabe made his way around to check the other areas.

--------------------------------------------------

20:04… 20:03… 20:02… 20:01… 20:00… 19:59…

Dominic clapped his hands like a small child as the numbers counted down.

“Oh God who knew leather could feel so good,” murmured Chloe to herself as she smoothed her hands over the black leathers pants. Coupled with the pants she was wearing a green silk halter-top. “Now only if Smallville had the clubs to show this off in.”

She left the room she had been changing in to show Lillian how the clothes looked on. The older woman was taking delight in picking out clothes for her to wear. “This is the kind of thing I should have been doing with my mom,” she whispered to herself.

Outside the room, Lillian heard Chloe’s whisper and gave a sad smile. ‘She didn’t deserve you Chloe if she ran out on you,’ thought Lillian, ‘any woman would be proud to call you their daughter.’

“Ok Lillian, here I come,” called out Chloe and opened the door. At that exact time Lex and Lucas walked into the room just as Chloe made her appearance.

“Oh wow,” said Lucas, smiling as he ran his eyes over her.

Lillian turned her attention to Lex who was just staring at Chloe. She on the other hand was oblivious to Lex’s perusal and was smiling shyly at Lucas, and Lillian suspected fighting the urge to blush. Lillian watched as Lex’s eyes flashed and she could see the beginnings of his fangs descending.

‘LEX,’ she screamed in his mind. He snapped his eyes from Chloe to look at his mother. Again she could feel the confusion coming off him in waves and resisted the urge to comfort her son.

“So Lex, how do you think Chloe looks?” asked Lucas, slapping his brother on the shoulder, unaware of what had happened.

He shook his head and managed to get a slight grip of control of himself as he brought his eyes back to Chloe. “You look incredible Chloe,” he said.

Her blush grew at his words.

‘I need to get out of here,’ he thought. “If you’ll excuse me,” he said, “I think I hear dad calling.”

Lucas though him a funny look as he left.

“Chloe dear, why don’t you try this top with the pants now,” said Lillian, handing another small and silky top to her.

“Ok,” smiled Chloe heading off to change again, secretly delighted with herself that she had got a reaction from both Luthors, particularly Lex.

“What was that about?” asked Lucas, jerking his head in the direction Lex had gone in.

“You know your brother,” said Lillian.

“Yeah giving complements to anyone other than himself hurts,” said Lucas with a grin. Shrugging his shoulders he called out to Chloe in the other room, “this top better show more skin.”

“You wish,” she retorted back.

“I do actually,” he laughed in reply. Lillian laughed as well, feeling a little better as Lionel told her he was going to check on Lex.

10:04… 10:03… 10:02… 10:01… 10:00… 09:59…

“Close now,” said Dominic, the excitement in his voice rising, “so close…”

“Are you ok son?” Lex turned quickly to see his father standing there. After leaving Chloe, Lex had made his way to his room. And proceeded to pace up and down the carpet once more as he tried to get a grip on what had happened. That was the second time tonight that Chloe Sullivan had caused his demon to go crazy. He had been so deep in thought that he hadn’t heard or even sensed his father entering his room.

“I’m fine dad,” he replied with a small smile.

“You do know you can talk to me about *anything* Lex, don’t you?”

“I know, I know. But like I said, everything’s fine. Please dad…” he finished off, his eyes pleading with his father not to push him.

“I was just talking to Gabe, he says they are packing up the trucks now,” said Lionel, changing the subject completely. “And everything went well.”

“Excellent,” replied Lex, “and thanks dad.”

Lionel smiled at his son. “Come on, let’s go rescue Chloe before your mother decides to adopt her…”

02:04… 02:03… 02:02… 02:01… 02:00… 01:59…

The red numbers on the screen seemed to grow ever bigger as they got closer to zero.

All the workers stood around on the factory floor. The trucks were all loaded up and awaiting their drivers. “Ok, ok, quieten down everyone,” said Gabe, “QUIET!”

The mumblings and whispers halted and everyone faced the plant manager.

“Right, now I have everyone’s attention. I know it’s late and you all want to get home. I just want to say thank you for all the effort put in over not just tonight but the last week in getting this order filled. I was talking to Lionel Luthor earlier as the trucks were being loaded and told him that we had done it. He sends his thanks as well, and has also told me that everyone will be getting a bonus.”

The crowd erupted into a cheer as Gabe told them this. He shook his head and smiled as he waited for them to calm down again.

00:24… 00:23… 00:22… 00:21… 00:20… 00:19…

Helen gasped as Dominic’s grip on her thigh tightened as the numbers moved towards zero.

All the Luthors and Chloe now sat in the living room again. She was once again wearing the jeans and shirt she had arrived in. Lex had positioned himself as far away from Chloe as he could without drawing the others into saying something. Lionel was telling her how impressed he was with her father and all the workers at the plant for achieving what they did.

Chloe felt a surge of pride for her dad at Lionel’s words.

00:05… 00:04… 00:03… 00:02… 00:01… 00:00…

“Bang,” whispered Dominic, as the zeroes flashed at him.

00:00…

“What the hell?” exclaimed Clark as he heard the bang. The Talon seemed to shake and the lights flickered.

The door was flung open and an out of breath Pete rushed in.

“The plant,” he gasped, “explosion at the plant. Fire…”

Clark left and when he was sure no one was watching took off using his speed.

“What was that?” cried Lillian.

“It sounds like an… explosion,” said Lucas.

Lex rushed over to one of the large windows. “Oh no,” he said when he saw the smoke in the distance, the flames reaching high into the sky.

“That’s the plant,” said Lionel. “It’s coming from the plant. Lucas, Lex with me now.”

“Dad,” whispered Chloe, “oh god dad,” tears filling her eyes.

The noise was deafening, and echoed throughout the plant. The cheers turned into screams, as the building seemed to come apart. Fires broke out everywhere as the explosions ripped through the factory. Workers were trampled in the stampede as people tried to escape. Beams fell from the ceilings, crushing people. Windows shattered, glass raining down.

Injured and dead were strewn everywhere. Mass panic and hysteria filled those still able to move as they tried to escape.

Gabe tried to help those who had fallen as he fought his own way to an escape. Someone knocked into him from behind, sending him crashing to the floor. He fell on some glass, cutting his forehead, the blood flowing over his face, into his eyes. He rolled onto his back, a large portion of the wall broke away and Gabe watched through eyes clouded in blood as it fell towards him, almost in slow motion.

“Chloe,” he whispered, then there was excruciating pain and then welcomed darkness.
    Last edited by tigerbaby; 17th December 2006 at 18:49. Reason: table alignment

NS Full Member
    Alright. That was just evil, leaving it there. So I'm going to do something I don't do very often... beg. PLEASE don't leave it hanging like that for too long. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE. *grin*

Alright, now that that's out of the way.

The chapter was marvelous. I like the way you went back and forth between the different events that were transpiring.

Touching moment when Chloe realized that she was having a mother-daughter moment with Lillian - something she should have been been able to do with her own mother.

And Lex... goddess, what can be said about him? Stubborn. He needs to just get down to asking his parents what's going on... but knowing Lex he won't ask for help right up to the moment he loses all control. *snicker*

So - back to begging - more soon, please?

nnoooooo!

GAbe!!!

*wails*

Demented Detective Senior Member newbatgirl's Avatar
    We could NEVER ruin your suspense, dear. You're too good of a writer for that.

Even though we saw it coming, it was an awesome chapter. Now, you can't be so cruel as to leave it like that for very long. Please give us a new one soon!

Thanks.

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    hmy: Oh no!! GABE!!! Loved lexes reaction to chloe, and KILL DOMONIC NOW!!!!!

Let's rub Lex's head! TheDragonLady's Avatar
    hmy: :huh: :crygreen: :nobad: :cliffhanger: uppyeyes: :cryblue:

Those smilies explain my feelings at the moment.

I can just picture Chloe going into "I'm Gonna Get the F*cker Who Did This" Mode.

Now UPDATE AGAIN, DAMMIT!

Members
    NOOOOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOoooooooo!!!&#33 ;!!!!!!! GABE!!!!!!!!!& #33; he has to live!!!!!!! ok you need to update soon and when you do i expect gabe to live!!!!! *stomps feet like a 5 year old*

NS Full Member
    am i the only one cheering now?

yeah i thought so

saw it coming

let the smut commence

bring on the smut bring on the smut

lil' bit smut obsessed, but not alot

love lea
    xxx

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information