+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 525 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanguis quid Ligurat (NC17)

scifichick774
    Just a Guest!
    Ah, a fic combining two of my favorite things: Chlex and vampires.
    Word to that. More soon please.

Great beginning! This is a really cool premise!

Can't wait for more!

*gah*

Darkness! Yum!!!

Ok, ok so I'm an angsty chick, what can I say.

I love what you're doing with this fic from the first few lines. The way you write really shows the darkness, power, and depth of the name "Luthor".

It's absolutely chilling so far and I can't wait for more!

NS Senior Member Senior Member
    Wow I'm already hooked. Love the semi-archaic, darker style of writing you've adopted. And I'm so glad you're working on another longer story. Update soon, please!

NS Full Member
    you posted it!!!! I'm so excited... I can't wait the first interaction of the gang to the Luthors. I take it that Whitney's still dead? Write on!!!

NS Full Member
    Ohhh, great way to start your new baby. :yay:
    It´s intriguing. :chlexsign1:
    I just know this one is going to be an awsome story. Can´t wait for more. But an update only once a week? Oh come on, Fi. *pouts* You can´t be that mean, can you?

PHD in Procrastination Senior Member vardaquareien's Avatar
    Well it's a Fi fic so I was naturally expecting it to be good and with your first chapter you certainly haven't disappointed!!! That was a really strong powerful beginning, I can't wait to see how this is gonna progress!

Imperial Dragon Senior Member Impress's Avatar
    I like it. Not that that's surprising or anything.

Wow, thanks for the responses to the prologue, hope the rest of the fic lives up to your expectations. So here's Chapter 1......Fiona

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter One – Welcome to Smallville

“What the fuck is in Smallville?” exclaimed Lucas as he joined his brother and his parents in their private jet. “Actually where the fuck is Smallville?”

“Language please Lucas,” said Lillian. “There is absolutely no need for that.”

“Sorry mother,” he muttered as he took his seat beside his brother.

“Smallville is where the new plant has been opened,” said Lex. “And as for where is it, it’s some backwater town that’s some three or four hours drive from Metropolis.”

“It’s not a backwater town,” said Lillian. “Has everything been prepared in the castle?” she asked her husband.

Lionel Luthor looked up from the papers he was reading and nodded at his wife. “And all the staff are our own, shipped in from Metropolis and various other cities, none of the *locals* have been hired to work in the castle.”

“And what about the plant?” asked Lex.

“80% of the workforce is local. However, all but one of the management staff are our own people. The local though, is the plant manager.”

“What?” exclaimed Lucas. “Why have you put someone like *him* in charge?”

“Because if we want the support of the local people we are going to have to put one of their own in a position of power,” said his brother.

“Precisely Lex,” replied Lionel with a small smile at his eldest son. “And you will actually be in charge of this plant.”

Lex refrained from saying anything. He had guessed that his father would put him in charge knowing the move wouldn’t please him. Lex never did like spending too much time in the presence of those that weren’t his own kind. ‘Unless it’s of the female variety,’ he thought.

Lillian watched Lex’s face as his took in the news. She loved her son dearly but he was an awful snob sometimes and she understood her husband’s reasons for putting him in charge of the Smallville plant. Her gaze flickered on her youngest son for a moment, Lucas on the other hand was much more carefree than Lex. And over the years he had managed to make a number of friends, close friends that were human. Whereas Lex on the other hand, avoided that kind of prolonged contact unless it was a human woman. And even then the *relationships* didn’t last long.

She caught her husband’s eye, ‘why do I think this small town is going to cause more trouble than anywhere we’ve ever been?’

‘Because my darling,’ Lionel’s voice echoed in her head, ‘trouble and the name Luthor have been bedfellows for centuries.’

A small smile graced her face as she reached out and took her husband’s hand.

“It will be fun,” said Lionel, lifting their joined hands and kissing his wife’s knuckle.

“Hell yes,” exclaimed Lucas, “and think of all those succulent high school girls that are just *begging* to be corrupted.”

“Lucas,” said Lillian, her voice like ice. “There will NOT be a repeat of what happened in Rome. If there is it will be a *very* long time before you can even look at another girl. Do…I…Make…Myself…Clear?”

“Yes mother,” said Lucas, his voice small.

“And you can wipe that smirk off your face Alexander,” she said turning her attention to Lex. “There will be none of your indiscretions either.”

“Yes mother,” replied Lex his voice small like his brother’s.

“Good, I’m glad that is all understood,” she replied. She squeezed Lionel’s hand gently and settled back in her seat.

Lionel allowed himself a small smile as he once again looked over his files.

--------------------------------------------------

“Chloe,” Gabe’s voice carried from the kitchen as she entered her house. “Can you come here please?”

‘Ok, what have I done now?’ she thought as she walked down the hall and into the kitchen. ‘Well obviously it’s not bad,’ she added when she saw a very happy Gabe Sullivan sitting at the kitchen table.

“I got it Chloe,” he said excitedly, his hands clutching a piece of paper.

“Got what?” she asked confused.

“The job at the new Luthor-Corp plant that is opening,” he said, handing out the piece of paper to her.

Chloe took it and read over it quickly, her eyes widening. “Oh my God dad, you got the plant manager’s job. Well done.” She dropped the page and hugged her father. He wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her back. “Well done,” she whispered again to him.

Chloe knew how much this meant to her dad. The job market hadn’t been great for the last eight months and he had resorted to taking part time jobs here and there. He had even been thinking about moving back to Metropolis if things didn’t pick up.

With one last squeeze Gabe let his daughter go. “I think this calls for a celebration,” he said with a smile. “How about pizza?”

“I think that is a perfect idea,” she replied with a smile. Gabe kissed her forehead gently and went off to get dinner.

When he had left the kitchen Chloe picked up the piece of paper from the floor. “Luthor-Corp,” she murmured, “so the infamous Luthors are coming to Smallville.” She had heard all the various rumours that surrounded one of the richest families in the world. She had also seen the goings on at the large castle on the other side of town. “Wow Lionel Luthor and his brood staying in this pokey town,” she said, “who would have thought? Actually why on earth would the whole family be here for a little plant opening?” Chloe’s eyes widened, as she smelt the beginnings of a story. “If my dad is going to be plant manger…” she trailed off, as visions of sneaking about the plant and maybe even getting an interview with a member of the notoriously reporter-hating family filled her mind.

“At last, something good to get my teeth into,” she said with a grin. “And hopefully it will have nothing to do with the meteor rocks.”

“Not bad,” said Lucas as he surveyed his room, “not bad at all,” as his eyes fell on the large four-poster bed.

“Ah bless you Andrew,” he said as he saw the book lying on the pillow. “I owe you one,” thinking of the large bonus his chauffeur was going to get. He walked over to the bed and picked up the book. He ran his fingers over the lettering on the front, ‘Smallville High School Year book.’ “I’ll just have to be a little more discreet this time around,” he muttered and he pushed the book under his pillows. “What mother doesn’t know won’t hurt *me*.” A smirk formed on his lips as he left his room and headed back downstairs.

“This town seems to be…well below your usual standards Mrs Luthor,” said the woman as she brushed Lillian’s red-gold hair.

“Maybe it is Margaret,” replied Lillian, “but there is something about this place.” As with every town over the centuries that the Luthor family settled in for a while, Lillian had done some research into the area before their arrival. The town’s ‘claim to fame’, the meteor shower, had piqued her curiosity. She had gathered information from the local newspapers about some of the things that had happened since that fateful October day. But other than the *normal* reports it didn’t really tell her anything.

“Well mistress, if you are interested in the strange things that go on here, you may want to look through those,” Margaret pointed to the small pile of newspapers sitting on a stool.

“What are these?” asked Lillian as she picked up one.

“The local High-school newspaper,” replied Margaret. “According to some of the locals, the editor has an interest in the meteor rocks as well. She may be able to…enlighten you.”

‘MMM interesting,” said Lillian as she read the first page. “What a strange town. These will do nicely Margaret, thank you. After dinner I’ll study them in greater detail.”

‘And maybe arrange to *bump* into the editor in the not-too-distant future,’ added Lillian silently.

is pushing daisies Senior Member
    I just tuned into this one, and so far the beginning is a real killer (in a good way)
    Say what you will.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information