+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Fallout (NC-17) 8 September, 2009 - Complete

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar

Re: Fallout (NC-17) Update 15 Oct 08 - Chapter 9

What an interesting update. It was good but left me wanting more. Please update soon.
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

An Accused Heretic Senior Member Kit Merlot's Avatar

You know, I like the Adam/Chloe friendship and if Lana's insecure and worried about their being close, then that just makes it that much cooler

I'm glad you are continuing this great fic--can't wait to see what happens next
    KATHY

"Don't quote me to me!" Detective Danny "Danno" WIlliams, Hawaii Five-0, episode 1.8 Mana'o

"This could barely fill up Thumbelina!" SALIGIA by westwingwolf

My Fanfic Master List

My livejournal: An Accused Heretic

Members

Smile Re: Fallout (NC-17) Update 15 Oct 08 - Chapter 9

I love this story.....can't wait to read the next chapter.

Please update soon!!!!!!!

looking for updates Senior Member somethingeasy's Avatar

I was really happy to see that you updated again. I’ve seriously missed your writing. I liked the beginning of this chapter…. It started just the way I like ‘em… lots of trauma, anguish and angst, LOL! Perfection!

I’ve been waiting a long time for Chloe’s answer to Lex’s question… actually, I’ve been waiting so long that I kind of forgot the question that had been asked, and had to check back a chapter to see where it last left off.

I appreciated Chloe’s answer, and how she made it clear that she wasn’t remaining quiet about the rape for Lex’s benefit as much for her own. I can’t imagine what a horrifying experience it must have been, but different people have different ways of dealing with trauma. Chloe’s chosen way was the compartmentalize the grief, trauma and anguish… separate herself from it, and never think about what happened.

It probably wasn’t the healthiest way of dealing with her trauma… burying it deep inside to fester, but it allowed her to go on for a little while until she was ready to deal with it properly at least. I’m assuming that she’s going to be finding herself a therapist or a psychiatrist at SOME point in the future?

I loved the note that Chloe made to herself that forgiving Lex is her ‘victim’s prerogative’. It’s a strange, but effective way of gaining back control of the situation for herself. She WAS a victim, but as the victim, she has certain rights… which includes the right to forgive as well as choose how to deal with her trauma on her own terms.

I liked the way that the chapter touched on how Lex was suffering too. Not as much as Chloe of course… but he feels a substantial amount of horror and repulsed self-loathing over his contribution to the situation. I think he desperately wanted, and needed Chloe to scream at him and call him a hateful monster. He wanted her to be angry and PUNISH him somehow for what he had done. After all, in Lex’s eyes, punishment is a good first step towards atonement and a ‘proper’ kind of forgiveness that he can EARN.

Having Chloe just forgive him on ‘victim’s prerogative’ probably makes him feel even worse about the situation that he already did.

Oooh, and now it seems like we’re getting some very interesting details on the strange circumstances about Adam Knight too. So Adam is a walking Luthor experiment? Does this automatically make Adam dangerous? He WAS just described as ‘sociopathic’ just now. Or at least, a danger to anyone to tries to make friends with him and/or protect him? This is SO not what Chloe needs right now… yet more dangerous complications in her life. Poor girl!

I didn’t know WHAT to make of the situation when Adam came knocking (literally) at Chloe’s window. What was he doing there? Was he experiencing some kind of emergency, implanted prerogative or something? I was preparing myself for any kind of a tense, suspenseful, terror-filled situation.

So it was with a certain sense of relief when I found out that Adam was ‘only’ doing a typical teenaged boy thing of trying to get a girl’s attention, and nothing more sinister than that. He only wanted to talk… and perhaps get an explanation about why Chloe has been avoiding him lately. It’s rather sweet to see the extreme measures that Adam will take on in order to maintain his friendship with Chloe actually. Chloe needs stubbornly loyal and clingy friends like this in her life

Hopefully this friend will be exactly what Chloe needs to recover from her ordeal. I still think that a much needed therapist is also in order… as well as a proper confrontation/conversation with Lex… but having an all-supportive friend is always a plus in any given situation.

I’m really happy to see you’ve started writing again. I look hugely forward to more chapters in the future.

Hmmm, and I don’t know whether I’ll get lucky, but I’m also going to put in a request for a sequel to Chruce/Chlex fic that you wrote some time back called ’The Deal’. I thought it was an awesome fic, and it ended on a note filled with such angsty potential. I’d love to see how that story would continue… IF you’re interesting in continuing of course… no pressure and no obligation.

Thanks again for posting, and I look forward to the next chapter. Good luck and best regards.

No charge for awesomeness

Finally all caught up on this one. You've done an excellent job so far and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Is Chloe really going to leave Smallville or will Lex somehow find a way to stop her? What is going to happen between the two of them now?

Continue soon!

NS Full Member

Talking Re: Fallout (NC-17) Update 15 Oct 08 - Chapter 9

Love it! Want more of it!!!

I'm glad you've decided to come back and try to finish this fic. I've read your other stories and I really enjoy your writing. I can't wait to see where this story leads us.

Members

Smile Re: Fallout (NC-17) Update 15 Oct 08 - Chapter 9

Please dont`t let us hanging there. I`ll start begging - please update soon! Too good to be forgoten.

Re: Chapter 9

Hi, this is a good fic nice au premise and bodes well for plot twists to further torture young Lex. Wonderful. I'm gonna happily return to my lurking corner and paitiently wait for a heap of updates.....

Thank you
    N

Thumbs up Re: Fallout (NC-17) Update 15 Oct 08 - Chapter 9

Ok. I'm the ultimate lurker. I've never posted to anyone and I've been a member for... at least 6 months. I've been reading many fics, mostly from the archives and your stories put you in my top 5 favorite authors on this site. I'm really enjoying this fic, I can't wait to see how it evolves. So, for whatever it's worth, I'm coming out of the shadows to ask you to please finish this story. when you can.

Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information