+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Blessings (Completed: 15/07)(R)

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    I'm glad that Chloe and Remy are going to live in the mansion, but will Remy's uncle be happy? I can't wait for the next chapter!! I hope you update soon!! :angel: :worship2: :chlexsign4:

katspell
    Just a Guest!
    wow, love it, gimmie more more more more.

NS Senior Member Senior Member Béatrice's Avatar
    Wow. :biggrin: It was a great update.

Please more soon.

Sexified ChLex Addict Senior Member Blackberry's Avatar
    Hey all, I'm really sorry for not updating quick enough... there just hasn't been enough time for me to think on the stuff... -_-; I'm in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on a Music Cultural Convention thing.... singing and stuff... ToT I want to work on my piece so much!! but I didn't bring my lap top... -_-; I'll try to update soon!

Sorry again for the delay. :crygreen: :crygreen:

Blackberry

katspell
    Just a Guest!
    Hey, don't worry about it. Have fun with your convention!!!

Yey, I got my lazy mind to do some work on my fic! And it didn't take as long as I had thought it would! :biggrin: Anyway, yeah, here we go, everything's set... but there will be the many bumps along the way before the actual Chlex takes place! What's a story without conflict, right? hehe.. anyway, on with the story!

******** End of Author's Ramblings ********

Chapter 8

As she walked down the long corridors, she silently cursed the man who got her into this mess. Aoshi owes me big time for this, Misao grumbled in her mind as she plastered a stoic look on her face. She thought back to their previous meeting where he announced that he needed her to be at constant watch over the boy.

“I don’t trust Luthor with him,” he had said with an icy look at her after she had protested against the idea. “Having you close by would make certain that he does nothing to the boy.”

And so there she was, dressed in a maid’s outfit, looking out for a kid that she couldn’t give a rat’s ass about. Sure he was cute, but then, her whole family could fit into that ‘good-looking’ category. She was made to wear brown contacts and her hair in a tight bun at the back of her head to prevent Luthor from suspecting the Shinomori’s of espionage. He was more wary now – a lot saner than he had been two years ago so she had to watch her act. Think ‘absolute submissiveness.’ Though the idea didn’t appeal to her, she would do it… for the sake of family and her job. And now she was on a mission to find the two and send them down for dinner – at Luthor’s request. The thought still had her gritting her teeth.

The sudden peals of laughter brought her out of her thoughts and she narrowed her eyes as she searched for the sound. It was coming from somewhere upstairs. Calmly, she made her way up the grand staircase and followed the echoing sounds of joy that grew louder with every step she took. She came across a door that she suspected had the jubilant individuals.

~~ o0o ~~

Chloe was chasing Remy around their new bedroom with a feather pillow in her hand. Although Lex had warned them not to touch anything valuable before he left them to their own fates, she went to the closest expensive piece she could find and touched it defiantly. As her hand came off of it, she gave out a muffled snicker – feeling very childish as she did so – and motioned with her head for Remy to do the same. He looked mischievously at the expensive object and touched it, retracting his hand as quickly as he had placed it on its costly surface.

After that, they ran up the stairs with childlike abandon and began opening doors and closing them again when they found nothing of remote interest. They stopped at the room they were now in as they found it harboured the things they brought with them. Instinctively, they switched out of their ‘game mode’ and systematically put their things in the rightful places – Remy brought out their clothes while Chloe put them in the respectful closet and drawer space.

Once finished, the two flopped onto the vast bed. Chloe sighed as she sank into its soft depths, thinking just how wonderful this all was – to be pampered in such a way. Remy giggled and kicked of his shoes before crawling up the bed towards the pillows. Upon taking one he glanced at Chloe who seemed oblivious of his plans. Suppressing the laughter that was threatening to give him away, he slowly made his way to Chloe.

“Chloe,” he whispered in her ear, grasping the pillow in his tiny fingers.

Once she opened her eyes, he threw the pillow on her face, causing her to squeal. He finally allowed himself to laugh and he jumped off the bed, running away from her. Ready to retaliate, Chloe chased after him, letting out shouts of joy and shrieks of laughter as they hit each other with the soft pillows. Of course Chloe made sure that she didn’t go too far and hit him to hard with one. The last thing she wanted was to hurt him.

They had been playing for a while and she had just grabbed him to throw him onto the mattress and tickle him when a knock sounded from the door. They froze, their forms breathless as they both stared at the door almost stupidly.

“Miss Sullivan?” a soft voice inquired from the other side.

At that, the two let out a breath of relief. Had it been Lex, Chloe didn’t know what she would have done. She was still uneasy about him. There was too much distrust between them and that added with a newfound fear of being harmed made the riff between the two adults quite large. She gave the woman with a black bun and brown eyes a smile. There was something awfully familiar about her face, but she couldn’t quite place it. The similarity to whoever it was she reminded Chloe of was strangely soothing.

Chloe jolted back when Remy suddenly scrambled off the bed and bowed stiffly from the middle in a strange respectful nature. “Remy,” she called with an unsure voice.

Dozo yoroshiku, oba-san,” he suddenly said in a dialect that the blonde didn’t understand.

The woman who had disturbed them widened her eyes in disbelief. “How – how do you know?” she stuttered, too, in Japanese.

Remy straightened and stared solemnly back at her, his striking blue eyes delving deep into her soul. It was then that she could understand why Aoshi wanted to keep him – he had it. That special thing was inside of him and he was looking inside her, making her see things that he understood. She felt him make the connection between them and she almost choked with a strange sense of happiness. It was him – the embodiment of what she thought was lost in the world. She felt ashamed for her aloofness towards him, but it left her as he watched her with an intent gaze. She could feel herself begin to cry.

A minute had passed and none of the three had even chosen to move. When Chloe saw the sudden tears enter the woman’s eyes she became alarmed. What was it they were saying to each other? And how was it that Remy, just over four years of age, knew how to speak in an entirely different language than what he has been learning from those around him? With the unease growing inside of her, she moved towards him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Remy?” she said again, the panic evident in her voice.

He turned his head to regard the blonde woman. “She is my auntie,” he whispered. “Look at her.”

Chloe frowned, but did give the woman a second glance. She cocked her head to the side… and felt eyes widen in surprise. “Who are you?” she questioned in a wavering voice.

With a tearful gaze, the woman dressed as a maid answered in perfectly spoken English, “My name is Misao Makimachi-Shinomori…” then looking back at Remy, she added, “I’m his mother’s cousin.”

Chloe needed to do something. She jumped off the bed and began to pace. “Whoa, hold on a minute, isn’t that kind of a big leap? How are you so sure you’re related?”

“I was told that the one who cared for Remy has plans to become a reporter, yet you act like an ignorant fool,” the woman snapped. “Don’t you know the name Shinomori?”

“You can’t be related to the owner of Shino-Mura Corporation,” she shot back. “Why would any of his family be a maid –”

“Did the thought of being undercover cross your mind? Hmm?” Misao shook her head in disbelief. The blonde was just as stubborn as Aoshi-sama. “I was here to make sure that Remy was fine while in the hold of Lex Luthor.” She practically growled out the name, feeling dirty just saying it.

Chloe sighed and stopped moving around. “I’m sorry, it’s just that I was hoping that it was all just a scam.” She bit her lip, feeling annoyed with herself. “So,” she began, rubbing her temples. “Am I to assume that you aren’t going to take him?”

“I’m here only to monitor, not to kidnap,” the Japanese woman said with finality. “Even though I’m now tempted to take him from here… at least I know I’m not the only one looking out for him.”

The statement startled the blonde and Misao smiled at her reaction, knowing that what she said wasn’t exactly what she had been waiting to hear. She reverted back to her stony look, however, when she turned to close the door. There was no telling what would happen if Luthor was to see this. Misao had made sure that the camera in the room was made to play only an empty bedroom the entire time. Hopefully, he wouldn’t notice.

“I have been watching the both of you for the past few month you have been together,” she informed the two. “Under the orders of Shinomori Aoshi, of course.”

“Did you do the same with my father?” Chloe asked, a wary look entering her eyes. Just when she was about to trust her…

“No, a woman named Kamiya Kaoru was assigned to him. However, in the recent events, she got too emotionally caught up and asked him to remove her from her post. In her place was me.”

“You know, it’s a wonder that you’re actually entrusting me with this much information. What if I was tempted to write a little article about you guys?”

“You wouldn’t,” Misao answered. “By doing that, you would be putting Remy’s life under society’s microscope, thus also bringing you into the picture. No one would be so stupid as to make their own scandal… unless they were looking for the unpopular fame.”

“Always one step ahead of me, aren’t you?” Chloe paused then went over to stand behind Remy. “So you’ll be here even when I’m not, right?” The raven-haired woman nodded. “Well, it’s nice to know I have someone I can trust around here… I can trust you, can’t I?”

“The Japanese were never known to allow any dishonourable mishaps to happen should we be directly aware of it. To trust me would be to trust yourself utterly.”

Chloe finally gave a small smile to the woman. Misao returned it and nodded. “Well I had better be going. Luthor might suspect something if you don’t get downstairs soon. Apparently he wants all of you to eat together.” She let out an unladylike snort.

Having said that, she opened the door again and left. Chloe took out some clothes for she and Remy to change into before they proceeded to the dining room.

~~ o0o ~~

“Where are they?” Lex asked impatiently as he sat at the end of the table.

He thought he had specifically told the new maid to have them down by seven sharp. Now it was seven ten. That was the problem with hired help. They would easily slack off if they were aware of you not breathing down their backs. Well, he would just have to take away from her monthly pay. He leaned back against the cushioned chair, his right elbow propped against the wooden armrest and his head upon his hand. He stared at the far wall where the grandfather clock rested ticking away like the length of his patience. Tick – tock – tick – tock – on and on it went. The minute he had watched go by felt longer.

Just as it moved to the eleventh minute the double doors to the dining room burst open revealing Chloe and Remy. Lex proceeded to stand up and drew in a quick breath. He felt so overdressed when he looked at the two. The small boy – your son, you idiot – was sporting a large T-shirt with some cartoon character on it and khaki shorts. He had worn-out sandals on his tiny feet and took small steps towards him. As his eyes flicked upward to the boy’s face, he noted that the intensity had not lessened. It had actually increased to the point that he – instead of feeling overdressed – felt utterly naked.

Not liking the feeling, he turned his eyes to Chloe. It didn’t help his mood at all. She, too, was not wearing anything akin to his clothing. Point in fact she was wearing much less than he would have expected. She wore a green tank top and short shorts that were frayed at the ends. He could feel his annoyance grow – along with another familiar feeling that he wouldn’t allow himself to acknowledge.

“I would appreciate it if you could actually be punctual about your presence,” he snapped, needing to vent out his frustrations.

“I was never informed of any ‘allocated time’ that we had to be here,” the blonde shot back with just as much haughtiness.

The pair stopped at the other end of the table. Remy still hadn’t spoken, which made Lex question whether the boy even knew how to say a word. Shaking his head, he motioned to the two empty seats with the plates set in front of them and sat down once again. “Let’s just get through dinner, shall we?”

Mutely, the two went to their assigned seats, flanking Lex’s side. He could see the stiffness in Chloe’s form but was surprised that the boy – his name is Remy and he’s your goddamn son! – lacked this tenseness in his little form. Once they were seated, people proceeded to bustle about, placing morsels of food on their platters. Lex hadn’t been sure as to what the two ate so he got an array of food – steaks, fries, salads, chicken, spare ribs; they were all there, pieces of them put in front of them to eat.

Remy squealed in joy at the variety and began to eat wholly with a spoon and fork. Lex felt the sides of his lips lift a bit at the site – it’s nice to know he was taught enough manners to use the proper utensils for food. Almost as if sensing his thought, Remy turned to look at him and smiled with a stuffed mouth. The bald man snorted quietly and took hold of his knife and fork and dug into his food.

Chloe hadn’t spoken a word since she was given her food. She merely stared at it, wondering whether it was safe to eat or not. Did she trust Luthor enough? What if he was trying to poison her? Would he stoop so low to do such a thing?

“It’s okay to eat, Miss Sullivan,” Lex informed her, causing her to jump a bit. “I didn’t put anything in it. Haven’t I made it clear that I did not bring you here to harm you or Remy?”

“You sometimes become wary of those who have betrayed you at your time of need, Mr. Luthor,” she commented dryly. Still, she picked up a fork and began to poke at her greens. Her mouth was already watering. How long has it been since she’s eaten as much as this?

“Go on and eat. It won’t kill you.” Chloe looked sharply at Lex and he smirked. “I promise.”

“Eat, Chloe,” Remy urged as well with wide eyes and a smile upon his now messy face. “It’s really good.”

Easy for you to say. You’re his son. I on the other hand am nothing to him. Pursing her lips, she proceeded to stake the lettuce that she had been moving around and lifted it. Slowly, she brought it to her mouth, then, smacking her lips, she opened it and took the leaf in. Sliding the fork out, she began to chew almost thoughtfully, as if checking to see if there was any hint of something unwanted there… and smiled.

“Yummy,” she murmured dreamily.

Just as she did this, she stiffened and looked at Lex, who was watching her with an amused look upon his face. Blushing she ducked her head and swallowed the lettuce quickly, embarrassed that he had actually watched her through the whole procedure. The rest of the meal went on in a quiet manner, each one engrossed in their thoughts – or in their food.

TBC

******** Author's Note ********

Some vocabulary you need to know:

Dozo yoroshiku - nice to meet you

Oba-san - Aunt

Also... thank you to Jem, my beta-reader, for always being ready to give helpful feedback on the progress of the story. Don't worry, the Chlexiness is coming little by little!

I'd also like to thank all those who have been constantly giving feedback. Like any author, it's always great to see that people are enjoying reading something that you make! It really is encouraging! :

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    More please...

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

Thank you so much for the update!! I'm glad that Lex had to wait for Chloe and Remy at the dinner table!! He needs to learn to be less like Lionel!! Remy's aunt isn't going to try to steal him is she? Chloe needs be sure to keep him safe!! :biggrin: I hope you can update again soon!! :chlexsign4:

autumngold - nope no auntie stealing little gifted boy in this fic!

Also thanks jem, always helping move things along! And yeah, I decided it was better to use your suggestion instead! :biggrin:

I changed this around a bit. So yeah, this is one of those chapters that you have to reread. -_-; sorry about that people! Hope you still like!

Anyway, on with the fic!

Chapter 9

“Remy, I need to go to classes today,” Chloe informed the little boy, stooping down to give him a hug and kiss on the forehead. “It will only be for a few hours, then I’ll be back before you know it.”

The boy’s eyes fell at the idea of being a whole day without his usual companion. It was a big place and only Chloe seemed to be able to know just what to do with all the space they had… the fun stuff that is. He gave a small nod, as if saying, I allow you to go. She couldn’t stop the smile from forming on her face. He was so adorable, even when he was sulking.

“Sweetie, I won’t be gone long, don’t worry. Besides, you have Mimi here with you.” Mimi was their code-name for Misao. There was no telling what Lex would do if he found out the true identity of the new maid so just to keep him from knowing, they called her Mimi… it wasn’t so far off from Misao, of course, but it sounded oriental enough to suit her and not cause any suspicion.

Now, after saying what she did, Chloe pushed herself up to stand straight and began to walk off turning just as she was walking out the door to wave at him one last time. She could feel her heart fluttering in her chest as she did. It was the worry again. She had felt this way when she had first allowed Pete to take care of Remy and it didn’t go away until the fifth time he had brought him to her friend’s apartment to be babysat. Pushing down the impulse to run back and stay with him, she got into the car that Luthor – she still wasn’t comfortable with using his first name… too much familiarity in doing so – allowed her to use and sped off into Metropolis.

In the meantime, Remy stared at the now closed entrance and bit his lip. Now what would he do? Mimi should be around somewhere. The idea of hanging out with his aunt seemed bland, however, as her idea of fun would be playing scrabble and drinking some hot beverage. Just thinking about it made him make a face. No, he didn’t want to do that. With an intent look on his face, he turned and began making his way around the house. There just had to be someone interesting to be around… then a mischievous thought crossed his mind. He was, after all, still four and it bothering someone was always fun. He began to hurry along the corridors, searching for the person he was looking for.

~~ o0o ~~

Lex was engrossed in his work. He had only started a few hours ago, so he was going at a good pace. There were a number of documents he still had to look over that he had just been given before he could call it a day. He didn’t think it would take the entire day to finish, but it would take a good chunk of time before he could be sure that everything was perfectly to his liking. After that, he needed to meet with some of the managers of the smaller firms that he now had control over now that he was in charge of LuthorCorp.

Regularly, he’d notice whether someone was entering his study at his home because of the courteous knock that would come before it. However, he was given no previous warning. He didn’t see it open a fraction of the way open. The body that came in was too short to be seen over the screen of his slim computer. He didn’t even notice when the small body came around to his right side with a curious piercing gaze…

He did, however, feel odd and felt a shiver run through him and he looked up from the screen, first scanning the left side of the room. When he turned his head to the right he felt himself jolt a little when he found Remy staring intently at him. At his reaction, the boy let out a childish giggle and covered his mouth.

“Remy, has anyone ever taught you to knock before you enter a room?” Lex asked sternly, feeling his palpitating heart slow down and the annoyance course through him.

“Yes,” the child answered dutifully, but his lips turned up in an impish grin. “I scared you!” he squealed and began to laugh again.

“That wasn’t nice at all!” Even as he said, it he could feel the contagious cheer of the boy – his… son – affect him and he too ended up smiling a little. After a while, it died off and they were left looking at each other, Lex feeling uncomfortable with such a piercing pair of eyes regarding him. “So, what is it you wanted see me about?” he finally asked Remy.

The boy, in turn shrugged. “I want someone to play with,” he answered frankly. “Chloe went to school. Mimi is working.”

“I’m working, too,” Lex reminded delicately. “I have to finish these documents and meet with a few other men.”

“What’s it about?” The childish curiosity was a wondrous thing. It allowed them to overcome a person’s initial fear and inquire and speculate over things that they were wondering about.

Lex sighed. This was going to take a while. “Well, it’s about money and gaining and losing and how to balance everything out.”

“So it’s like seesaw?”

“Um… not exactly… look, Remy, I really need to work right now. When I’m done I’ll come around and… and play with you,” he finished lamely.

The spark in Remy’s eyes grew dim, causing Lex to panic. He didn’t like seeing disappointment. He had seen enough from all the faces that had expected so much from him – his father, the public – and to get it from this innocent child – his child – tore him to pieces. “Hmm… actually, now that I think of it, I believe I have some time to waste. What do you say about a game of…” Lex searched the room for something that they could do “… um…”

“Let’s play cards!” Remy squealed enthusiastically, clapping his hands and smiling broadly.

The older man raised a brow. “Okay… what games do you know?”

“I know – I know how to play Big Two!”

Lex instantly felt stupid. He was a big cards player, but this particular game seemed very foreign to him. “Are you sure that’s for this kind of deck of cards?” he asked rummaging through his desk drawer and bringing out a set of playing cards – 52 and 2 jokers.

The boy nodded, his raven hair moving fluidly with his jerky movements. “Uh huh! Chloe showed me! Let me show you!”

Small hands quickly grabbed for the deck and startled the bald billionaire at the speed at which the boy could move. He was used to seeing kids his age move awkwardly, but there was this certain amount of litheness to the boy that awed and unnerved him. Still tentative about being around his son, he pursed his lips together and got out of his seat to follow the child.

~~ o0o ~~

“… and you’ll have to read chapters 24-26 by tomorrow and answer questions 1-25 as well. Have I made my expectations clear?”

Chloe looked down at what her science professor was jotting down on the small post-it. The man had to write sideways in order to fit everything he wanted onto the piece… and he had used both sides. When he handed it to her, she closed her mouth that had been hanging slightly ajar and gave a weak smile to him. “I understand, sir.”

“You know, I lost my mother when I was in college, too,” he informed her, propping his elbows in his desk and leaning forward. “My teachers didn’t ‘cut me some slack’, however. I’m quite happy that they didn’t because it gave me the needed distraction to prevent me from mourning for an extended period of time. I’m only trying to help you, Miss Sullivan.”

The blonde nodded. “I understand, sir,” she said once again in a mechanical voice.

Upon leaving the classroom, Chloe exhaled heavily. Each and every professor she had visited – six in total – had piled her up with an excessive amount of work that was all due in that week. She had requested that she get time off again to catch up on all the work she missed and they piled her up with even more work in return.

Feeling drained already, Chloe trudged down the hallway towards the girl’s bathroom to freshen up. She felt herself perk instantly when she heard a familiar and welcome voice. “Hey, Chlo’!” She turned and found Pete jogging to catch up with her.

“Pete!” she practically squealed and once he was close enough, she threw her arms around him in a tight hug. “Oh I’m so glad to see you!”

He chuckled and hugged her back just as ferociously. “How’ve you been? I know you called already yesterday to tell me that you guys are alright but still.”

She pulled back and bit her lip. “I’m so screwed for my classes,” she murmured with a wince.

“Well at least you’ve been studying even though you were out, right?” She nodded at his question. “Well then you’re not so screwed! All you got to do is the work and you’re set.”

She took out the sheaves of paper that held all her homework and showed it to her friend. “Yeah, you try doing all this in the span of the week!”

Pete frowned down at the pile and shook his head. “I see a lot of ‘reading’ work but not a lot of actual work. You’re fine. You’re just in shock of seeing how much you missed in school.”

Chloe shrugged in response. “Okay, maybe you’re right.” Her eyes snapped up to his face and gleamed. “Now, you have to tell me about this girl that you keep talking about. What’s her name? What department is she? Come on, I have to know all the gory details!”

Her friend laughed and linked his arm with hers. “Okay, come on, let’s go to the café and talk about it.”

As it was, the story of his new girlfriend didn’t last very long. There was only so much that one could talk about when it came to their relationship with someone. However, the tables did turn and it ended up being a conversation about Chloe’s experiences – that she hadn’t told Pete of over the phone – regarding Lex.

“I’m starting to get confused now, Pete,” she confessed. “I mean, he used to be so cold. Or at least that’s how he had been for the longest time I’ve known him. No wait, that’s not right…” She rubbed her temples then started again. “The thing is, for the longest time after he had… well, fired Dad, I had always seen him as the cold-hearted bastard – the spitting image of his own father. Now, however… well, he’s still aloof in many ways, but I see him softening up so much to Remy.”

“What does Luthor do with him?” A small frown was on his brows.

“Well, actually, nothing special. They don’t play or anything if that’s what you’re asking. But he sometimes talks to him. And it’s evident in his eyes that he actually sees him more as his own kin now. The way he smiles Remy, or looks at him with obvious admiration.”

“And how does he act with you?” Pete’s eyes were narrowed and Chloe rolled her hazel ones.

“He’s not trying anything on me,” she informed him. “I mean, sure I catch him watching while Remy and I are playing, but I think he’s looking at his on son more than me. Maybe if I looked more like Lana – your typical pretty brunette and damsel in distress – then he’d notice. But I’m not looking for that.”

During the drive back to the Luthor mansion, however, Chloe’s mind drifted back to what she had told Pete just less than an hour before… in fact, she reviewed everything that had happened in the past two weeks that she and Remy had been with Lex Luthor.

The first week was awkward, Chloe told Pete as they sat in the café near Met U. Waking up in a foreign place that first morning there was strange and shocking. Then there was the lascivious meals that made me drop my jaw. Was it proper for us to be there, I kept thinking as I sat down at that table with both Luthor and Remy (it’s hard to believe that Remy’s actually a Luthor…). Then there were the mazes of hallways and the actual expanse of the grounds.

The sprawling gardens, the humongous garage with all those expensive Porsches, Mercedes and Ferraris, the library that was tiny in comparison to the one that was in the Luthor Mansion in Smallville; they were all so wondrously dreamlike. Remy and I spent three days just exploring. Hours on end we had drifted from one room to another, got lost and had to ask the help that had been close by to help us find our way.

During one of our bouts around the place, we had ended up playing a little game of getting to the next room first and seeing exactly what was inside. That was the day that we found out exactly where Lex’s home office was. We were running down the hall and I got to the doorknob first, not really noticing that there were sounds coming from inside – mind you, they weren’t those kinds of sounds – and stopped in mid step and laugh as I found myself face to face with Lex Luthor himself, with the speaker phone droning on with men’s voices.

He had stopped whatever he was saying and stared at me for a moment before he quirked a brow in question. Remy’s squeals came closer and stopped just as abruptly as mine did when he ducked underneath my arm and found Lex there as well. At that point I bit my lip to stop most of my smile from coming out and said my apologies and then pulled Remy with me. Before I turned away, however, I thought I noticed a bit of envy in his eyes.

Now that was the beginning of many little looks that were akin to envy, hidden amusement and jealousy for what Remy and I did. I noticed them in the next week and a half that I have been virtually stranded in the monstrous ‘everything’s breakable and you’ll die if you wreck one piece’ place. I don’t think Lex noticed he let those feelings escape, but it reassured me that I was safe as it denoted a sense of humanity; that he wasn’t just doing it out of charity for a son he had neglected for over four years, but he genuinely wanted a hand in what I had: a role in the growth of Remy.

Perhaps it was during the course of those two weeks that a little spark of attraction had grown. If she would have been asked about it at a later time, she would have probably said that she had already been attracted to him when she pissed him off the first time she saw him when the two had moved in, but in truth, she didn’t know. That was the mystery in chemistry.

It was hard to really pinpoint when exactly the two elements reacted to one another. It could have already been when they were separate; or when they were a millisecond from touching each other or at the initial contact between the two… or after… All one could say was that the attraction was there… and potent. And Chloe knew she felt it with him, despite the fact that she didn’t want to.

TBC...

******** Author's Note ********

Is this okay now? ^_^v

Another thing:

Big Two = Pusoy Dos; use a number of methods, some adapted from poker like four of a kind and so on to get rid of all your cards before others do... for more info on it... hmm... you could ask me if you want! hehehe...

You are so awesome!! This chapter is wonderful!! I'm so glad that Lex is starting to relax, and that he and Chloe are starting to see each other in a different light!! Thank you so very, very much for the update!! Hope to read more soon!! :biggrin: :chlexsign3: :biggrin:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information