+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Our Blessings (Completed: 15/07)(R)

Sexified ChLex Addict Senior Member Blackberry's Avatar
    Last chapter.... yes there are loose ends at the mo' but I'm planning on making a second part that's really angsty... even moreso than this one.... This is my 'happy ending' to the story! I'll get going with the other section after I finish up with 'Choice and Consequences' and 'Hopelessly Yours'..... dang I've got a lot of work to do!!! ^_^

Chapter 21

Clark panted heavily as he rolled painfully to his side. The purple-tinted drug was no longer in control of his senses and he was back in the dreaded Room 4, in the right state of mind as he endured a full dosage of Shishio’s capabilities as a torturer. As the steel doors closed below him for the fifth time that hour – shutting out the green kryptonite’s rays – the bandaged Japanese entered once again, shaking his head in disappointment.

As a shudder of agony ran through him, the young Kryptonian gasped out, “Why – why are y-you doing this to m-me?”

“You failed me, Kent-san,” Shishio answered pleasantly ambling around his prisoner. “I specifically told you to kill someone close to Shinomori, but you only broke the necks of twenty of his guards.”

Only?” Clark could feel the anger, disbelief and disgust fill him. If he could move less lethargically than he was moving in, then he would have killed him in less than a human second. All he was capable of doing was to clench his fists loosely and struggle to get up. “Th-those were innocent p-people that d-died!”

“They were ready to die for their employer and the consequences of being with such a famous businessman.”

“Yes, but not all on the same night –”

“On any night, by any number, Kent-san; they willingly put their lives on the line,” Shishio growled irately, swooping close and taking two fistfuls of the younger man’s shirt.

Clark’s eyes widened as he felt the green kryptonite’s rays penetrate his body once again and realized that the man’s bandages must be covered in the powdered stuff. Unforgiving brown eyes bored into pained blue ones. “Now, through your failure, you have strengthened Shinomori’s resolve instead of my original plan on having him feeling torn him apart. Then, at the same time you’ve rendered yourself useless in the future by revealing your weakness. You’ve become a new obstacle and currently, my only choice is to get rid of you.”

“You – you can’t kill me,” the boy ground out, though with wavering resolve in his tone.

“Ah, but I can keep you quiet, Kent-san. Let’s look over there, shall we?” Shishio sneered at the fearful look that flashed over the face of his captive before he looked where he was told to look.

Letting go of Clark, he took a couple of steps back and watched as the horror settled into the young man. On the side that he was looking, a panel slid to the side revealing a battered old Jonathan Kent. His right eye was swelling and turning blue and there were wide cuts across his left cheek, resembling an ‘X’ mark – something that Shishio had insisted on adding before the real beating as encouragement; a reminder of who his real target was: Himura Kenshin. The shirt was torn in several different places around his abdomen and outer arms, revealing bloody slashes. The old farmer’s eyes were glazed in agony and he swayed in his spot.

Clark, shell-shocked by the sight struggled to get to his feet and staggered over to the clear panelling that separated him from his adoptive father. “Oh God, no… no!” he yelled ferociously. His voice reverberated throughout the room, dimming until the fury that was so evident in it was a mere memory. The young Kyrptonian whirled around and gave the samurai a poisonous look. “Let him go, you son of a –”

“Oh, now I don’t think my mother deserves such horrible names as that, Kent-san,” Shishio clucked. Smiling he glanced at Jonathan, gagged and on his knees before them. The slash marks across his exposed body glimmered prettily to the bandaged man and as he stepped closer to the window, he cocked his head to the side. “He doesn’t look like he’ll last very long, don’t you think?”

Tears sprang into Clark’s misty blue eyes when he brought them back to the man on the other side. “Please, Shishio, let my father go.”

“Such grovelling from the man of steel? What would your friends think of you if they would see you in such a state?”

“They’d find it disgusting, pathetic and spit on your face,” a voice piped from behind.

Clark swivelled his head to the voice and felt his heart sink lower. How could anyone win against such a heartless man who had the power to convert even the most pure of souls to corroded metal? He turned back to his father who shook with effort to keep his eyes open and watching Clark.

~~ o0o ~~

Yumi stroked the bandaged chest of Shishio as he mulled over his situation. The game was different; changed now that Clark was no longer his tool and Shinomori and Kenshin’s defences were already fortifying. He needed time to regroup and evaluate things before beginning all over again. He had to wait again… at least six months. The thought of waiting for revenge angered him beyond anything.

Yumi sensed the tension even before it became evident in his stiffening muscles and bit her amethyst-coloured lips in distress. Placing a sumptuous smile upon her lips, she slid her hand up to wrap around his neck. This distracted Shishio wholly and now his attentions were turned towards his lover.

“Come, Shishio-sama, I’ll be the sheath and you can be the saya…”

With a low chuckle the man captured her lips in a demanding and hot open-mouthed kiss. “You always know what to do to make it better, my lovely Yumi…” he murmured before pushing her back against the pillows.

In the shadows, someone moved to leave. There was no reason to watch two people fuck. Nope, even though things have changed about me, I refuse to watch such a thing unfold. Annoyed and finally outside, the person’s hands clenched into tight fists. How can he allow himself to be distracted like that? Revenge was desired and yet the boss prolonged the pain of wanting it. Slowly, the individual breathed in to calm the fraying nerves that were ready to tear something apart. I shall wait… because then revenge is sweeter. Cherish the days you have left, Chloe Sullivan… you don’t have many left. Letting out a dark chuckle the person walked off to get some coffee laced with alcohol.

~~ o0o ~~

One month later…

Lex woke slowly with the coming dawn, his eyes blinking lazily as he tried to clear the sleep from the calm bluish-grey depths. He felt cold for some odd reason, but with a knowing smile snaked an arm out and pulled in the missing warmth that had not been up against his body. As she was brought towards him, Chloe stirred but did not wake. She seemed exhausted and given their activities the night before, it was rightfully so that she was. Her face was turned to him and she had moved to tangle her legs with his before she settled back into her motionless state. He felt his chest contract as his eyes roved over the body that was exposed to him.

He recalled the first time they lay in bed together. Remy had been wedged between them, but it didn’t detract from the intimacy of the arrangement. He scarcely slept that night – fearful that every movement was a sign of danger. He grew used to it after a while as Remy had a habit of tossing around a lot in his sleep. The exhaustion coupled with his newfound immunity to the young boy’s movements prevented him from noticing the boy creeping off in the morning – to where, neither Chloe nor Lex were sure. When his body realized that there was something missing at his side, he scooted closer to the middle until he found a defined curve of another being and sighed as he wrapped his arm around it.

He remembered how secure he felt – how at ease he was and this caused him to open his eyes to inspect the reason why. He recalled how he had believed himself dreaming to have Chloe there, but when he looked down and saw the absence of the usual ring that had often been created in his mind he realized that it wasn’t an illusion. Lex’s heart had swelled at the sight of her in the scarce light – practically memorizing every single feature that hadn’t been lost to the shadows. Unable to help himself, he had leaned down and kissed her leisurely until she was awake – at which point he rolled above her, his weight braced upon his knees and bent arms. Their mouths had begun to plunder at that point and Chloe’s arms were raking up and down his back when they had heard the burst open.

At the present moment, Lex felt a smile slip onto his lips at the memory of Remy’s untimely entrance, how confused he was as to why his father was posed over Chloe. He had made up a lame excuse of saying that he was reaching over her to get the phone because he needed to call someone about ‘important stuff’ and at the shrug of the young boy both adults were relieved, though highly embarrassed that they were caught on the brink of a sexual act. Thank goodness he had come sooner than later. Fate had dealt the cards to their advantage in that particular moment.

For a while, they kept the arrangement with Chloe and Remy staying with Lex in his room, but soon, they were running out of reasons as to why they were tangled with each other when Remy ran into them. Asking Misao to baby-sit for them, they gained the privacy they needed to talk and – well, to do other things.

Lex’s thoughts shifted to the fact that he was very thankful for the relatively quietness on the ‘Shishio’ front. He was all too aware, however, that given the long period of no action taken by the man would only mean he was formulating something. Whether it still entailed Clark’s participation, he wasn’t sure. Either way, he needed to find a way to keep them at bay – a safe distance away from his family.

The bald Luthor was brought out of his thoughts as Chloe began to stir and slowly woke. In a sleep-muffled voice, Chloe asked, “What’s wrong?”

Placing a kiss on her forehead and inhaling her scent, he shook his head. “Nothing… just thinking.”

“About what?” Her voice was stronger and a bit more worried.

“It’s nothing, really…” he tried to reassure her again.

“Cut the crap, Luthor,” she said in a husky, but stern voice that got Lex grinning a bit. Her hands began to massage the patch of skin that was in her grasp. “You’ve woken me up already. Come on, your muscles became all stiff… I know that it only means something’s bothering you…” she trailed off and burrowed further into his embrace. “You were thinking about Shishio, weren’t you?”

“How’d you guess?” he asked in a bitter voice.

She shrugged and smiled against his neck. “I’m psychic.” At his chuckle she pulled back to look at him. As the upturn of her lips faded, she spoke. “He’s reorganizing his plans right now… I can feel it. It won’t be long before…” She inhaled and felt a cold shudder run through her body.

“I won’t allow anything happen to you or Remy,” he vowed fiercely.

“Lex, you’re not superhuman… there’s only so much you can do to protect us…”

“You’re not helping me feel reassured, Chloe.”

“I know… and I’m sorry. I just don’t want you to waste so much energy on a fifty-fifty deal only to get burned in the end.”

“I’m willing to risk it all for those I’ve come to care most in this world,” he stated with great finality.

Chloe evaluated the statement he made. Although he had avoided the big ‘L’ word, there was no denying that what he felt for Remy and her was deep. It’s true that Luthors are willing to take risks, but rarely was it used for the good of others other than themselves. Chloe drifted through her memories within her mind and focused on one particular Luthor that had put his son’s life on the line for his own personal gain. The blonde burrowed as close as she could into Lex’s hold and sighed. “I don’t deserve you,” she mumbled against his bare skin.

“That’s true…” he commented lightly. She stiffened in his hold, ready to push away from him, but he chuckled and held her tightly to him. “You deserve better than me, Chloe,” he clarified. “But I’m grateful that you picked me.” He felt her smile against him and relax once again. He never thought it would be possible – to feel at peace under the Luthor roof – where so many horrid memories had haunted his every wake just a few months before.

Lex felt laughter rumble inside him as she began to run her hands along his body. Pushing her onto her back he looked down on her with twinkling eyes. “Hungry again, my sweet?”

“You better believe it, bub,” she answered with a grin before she pulled his head down for a kiss. This time nobody interrupted.

~~ o0o ~~

Remy squabbled aimlessly with Yahiko, complaining that what he wanted to watch - Fushigi Yuugi (or Mysterious Play in English) was too icky for him and preferred the other show, Neon Genesis Evangelion, with large mechas battling against aliens to save the last human colony. Unfortunately, it didn’t do much that he was smaller than his cousin and he ended up pouting at the screen as it showed another melodramatic scene with the guy and the girl confessing their love but saying that it wouldn’t work out.

Kenshin, who had been watching the two in amusement for a while, felt sorry for the young four-year-old and looked down at his teacup. Well, he had something that would amuse the child for a while before Misao came back to bring him home.

“Takeshi-chan,” he called lightly.

Remy turned to his attention to the red-haired man with a kind smile upon his face. The boy saw the older one beckon him to where he was sitting and did as was requested, hopping off the couch he sat in and making his way to the table Kenshin was sitting in.

“Sit here,” he said, patting the seat beside him.

The boy, curious as to what he was about to see, clambered up the chair plopped down onto his bottom staring at the tabletop where a fresh cup of green tea had been placed. He cocked his head to the side and frowned a bit.

“Drink as much of your tea as you can without swallowing the leaves, okay, Takeshi-chan?”

Smiling at the boy, Kenshin demonstrated, picking up the tiny teacup with his two hands and drinking delicately. Remy switched his eyes from his current companion to the tea before him and moved to do the same. They did this for a few quiet minutes, Remy thinking how funny and slightly bitter this hot drink tasted (he’d never been permitted to drink anything other than water, soda, juice, or the occasional hot chocolate so far), but how pleasant it felt once it slid down his throat. Once he noticed that all he could drink no more without sipping up the leaves as well, he set down the cup and looked up expectantly at Kenshin once again.

Noticing the boy had finished, he set down his cup and took a look inside of Remy’s own. The calm look was plastered on his face as he observed the way the leaves had settled, but Remy sensed a strange amount of distress from him. Having spent a bit of time around the red-haired man, being able to feel even a fraction of a negative emotion meant that something was wrong.

Kenshin’s violet eyes switched to Remy’s form, his face solemn. “You must treasure every moment, Takeshi-chan. That is what your tea leaves say.” They were oddly encouraging words, but between the lines, they held a darker meaning. Remy still didn’t know what it was, but the diluted sadness that emanated from the man beside him told him there was something there.

Kenshin set down the cup and smiled, completely withdrawing the sombre emotions back behind the cheerful wall he kept well intact. The song for the credits of the anime series was playing and Yahiko began to stir from his stoic spot in front of the television. Remy watched his cup for a moment, wondering what Kenshin saw, but not wanting to ask.

“Why don’t you go and play with Yahiko-chan?” the man with fiery locks suggested lightly, placing an encouraging hand upon the child’s shoulders.

“Oy, Ken-san, I heard that!” Yahiko yelled in an irritated manner from over his seat. “Stop using ‘chan’! I’m not a kid ya know!”

Kenshin chuckled at the young Shinomori’s response, greatly accustomed to his dislike for that particular honorific. Kaoru, who had quietly stepped in at her young brother’s demand, narrowed her fiery blue eyes at the spiky-haired boy. “Damn it; stop being so rude! Kenshin doesn’t deserve that kind of behaviour from an idiot baka monkey-boy like you!"

“Hey, who are you calling monkey-boy, busu-face?” Yahiko taunted back sticking out a tongue at his sister.

Easily baited, Kaoru pounced on the boy with her usual cry of outrage at the nickname he had for her and began their daily squabble. Shaking their heads, Kenshin and Remy watched the two, refusing to interfere as their past attempts were made in vain.

But even as the amusement and embarrassment ran high in their veins, they both felt the heaviness on their hearts. Remy didn’t deserve it for he was too young for such knowledge and Kenshin had too much upon his shoulders already. But they would cope and do as told. For there was something amiss that has been set in Fates woven cloth of life. And destinies would inevitably be carried out perhaps later than sooner.

For now, however, all they could do was live.

[the end of Part I]

7-13-2004 00:46 am +02:00 GMT

Busu - ugly

ToT it's done!! wow... I never thought I'd see the day.... I thought it would be a little longer! .... well technically it is... but... Our Blessings: section one... fin! oh my.. BIIIIIIIIIG thanks to everyone who's been reading and providing feedback; Ash thanks for your input on the story when I was in doubt about it!! Jem!!! eee thank you for putting up with my stupid grammatical and miscellaneous errors! Mwah!!!!! It was great fun writing this.... now off to work on the other stuff I ought to be working on!! o_0

BB

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    That was a great part 1 but I am sacred about part 2 :huh: I can't wait until then. :biggrin: Thanks for getting Chlex the two stubborn ones together. :

Hope
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    Oh, I wish the next story didn't have to be angst!! I know it's wrong of me, but I enjoy Remy, Chloe and Lex together as a family, without any death or destruction getting in the way!! Thank you, thank you so very, very much for this wonderful story!! I have really enjoyed reading it so much!!!! :yay2: :chlexsign4: :yay2:

NS Full Member
    I'm loving that Chloe and Lex are finally together, I'm not liking the ominious ending.

LEAVE REMY ALONE.... don't you harm one hair on his little head... PLEASE PLEAse PLEase PLease Please!!!!!!!! I beg you!!!

Great story and I'm looking forward to the second installment.

Re: Our Blessings (updated: 15/07)(R)

so this is still part 1, huh?

so where's part 2???

*LoL*

will give proper FB later...just dl this first.

Lex's Devoted Love Slave darkangel's Avatar

I really love this fic. I am looking forward to more from you in the future.

Wow... just wow.... I love this

That was great, can't wait for Part 2...

Kimmie

NS Full Member

Um...part two is coming soon right ? Cause I just read all of part one in one go so I'm kinda anxious as to what happens and dare I say it what happens to the Kents and if Yumi is who I think she is ...so part two is coming soon right ?

Sexified ChLex Addict Senior Member Blackberry's Avatar

Part II of Our Blessings is already up... check out the Angst section. the Fic is called "The Sunflower Journal"

BB

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information