+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Our Blessings (Completed: 15/07)(R)

Spunky Chick Senior Member hfce's Avatar
    Oh great update. I cant wait to see what Lex thinks of Chloe's new costume and what Chloe will think of Lex.

Hope :chlexsign2:
    "Everyone seems normal until you get to know them. "

NS Senior Member Senior Member autumngold's Avatar
    I love how Aoshi and Misao tricked Chloe about her costume!! I can't wait til you describe what she is going to wear now!! Thank you so very, very much for the update!! In case I haven't told you lately, I LOVE THIS STORY!! Please update soon!! :yay: :chlexsign1: :yay:

Sexified ChLex Addict Senior Member Blackberry's Avatar
    Okay it's been a while since I've actually updated this -_-; sorry about that... my mind's been going coocoo over scheds for uni and it's been fried by the loads of free time I now have... so.. yeah... I finally got this chapter down. so... teehee... I hope you like...

Chapter 19 (un-betaed)

Just as Misao got out of the bedroom where she and Chloe had made last minute adjustments to their costumes, one of the members of the security team approached her and bowed. When he righted himself again, she nodded as a signal for him to speak. He whispered low so that others would not hear. Misao’s eyes grew wide and she smiled slightly and thanked the man before she hurried off in the direction of the party. She spotted Aoshi as she crossed the exposed walkway of the second level and – as quickly as her kimono would allow – she made her way to him.

“Aoshi-sama,” Misao called discreetly as she tipped her head close to him as she neared him.

Aoshi glanced down, noticed her eyes alight with mischief and smirked. “So he’s here.”

His cousin nodded. “The guards just spotted him at the lobby.”

“Predictable fool,” he murmured with a low chuckle. “Arigatou, Misao. You may go now.”

The woman bowed respectfully and bustled off to look for Sanosuke. He glanced at the entrance as his smirk grew. Oh, Luthor-san, you’re not going to see this one coming.

~~ o0o ~~

Chloe stood in front of the mirror with a mild frown upon her face. It wasn’t that she didn’t like the costume – or the hair extensions and the temporary hair colour she had; it was just that it was so uncharacteristic of her to wear such a – well skimpy thing. Misao had gone ahead with a kimono that almost matched the one that Chloe had, somewhat sceptical about leaving her alone. The Japanese woman made her swear that she would go to the party soon and threatened to – as she picked up in the movies – ‘open a can of whoop-ass’. Of course they laughed about it, but there was that seriousness to it as well.

Chloe had only been alone for about ten minutes since they arrived at the building; five minutes since the party started and people began to stream in steadily. She could hear the volume of the voices outside and down the stairs to the main congregation area. Certainly, there would be others that would be wearing things more revealing than what she had, but the fact was that what she was wearing would definitely draw people’s attention.

But they don’t know you… Something moved inside her. It was anticipation; a giddiness. They didn’t know her… she could be anyone… her true skin tone was hidden beneath the more olive colour that Hidori (bless the man for his efficiency despite the last minute nature of her coming) had barked to add on and her hazel eyes were hidden behind light brown contacts – again at Hidori’s demand. She couldn’t even recognize herself. A smile spread on her lips. She was entitled to a little fun, wasn’t she? With her will and determination steeled, she glanced at the watch. Ten minutes since the crowds have been trickling in. Well, better late than never, she thought. She moved away from the mirror and headed for the door.

Taking in a deep breath, she turned the knob and opened it, the voices growing louder as the barrier was removed. “My name is… Inara…” she said to herself with an added accent… yes that went well with her costume…

~~ o0o ~~

Lex glanced at his watch. He was just on time. Feeling confident, he looked about once again, searching for the outfit Chloe was wearing. It didn’t take long before his eyes rested upon Chloe’s form; he recognized the blue kimono and light obi around her waist instantly. He was impressed by just how authentic she looked now that she had the black wig and white make-up… he frowned, however, when she turned so that he had a view of her side profile. There was something off about her; something he couldn’t quite place that made her seem… unlike her. That couldn’t be, he told himself as he watched her from afar. He distinctly remembered her leaving with that exact costume on. What was it that didn’t seem right?

She doesn’t glow, a voice cried in the back of his mind. And that was true. Her presence wasn’t as luminous as it had been when she barged in earlier that evening. Maybe it was the costume, make-up and wig combo… maybe her true aura was hidden behind this cover he saw.

Lex kept his distance from her, but his eyes constantly on her – how she moved (yes, that gait is familiar… yet it doesn’t look right… must be the restricting clothes), where she looked and to whom she spoke with. His frown turned into a full scowl when her eyes (they looked brighter… perhaps it’s the light?) swivelled to a man and turned dreamy. He took a swift look at who it was and felt his hands clench as he noticed it was Sagara-san. The man was dressed in white pants, black shoes, an open white top where the inside section was lined with black, and a red bandanna around his head. Lex was further angered when he noted the man wrap a sure arm around her waist and anchor her against his body before he swooped down to capture her lips in what looked like a searing kiss. The young Luthor saw her place a hand against his chest and almost rejoiced, believing she would push him away. His eyes grew wide, however, when he saw her grab the open shirt and pull the man with brown spiky hair closer to her for hotter kiss.

He felt his body move forward and probably would have gone on to yank the two away from each other when the voices about him decrescendo and finally come to a complete silence. He noticed they were all looking in the same direction and, being curious as to what had everyone gawking and silent, he, too, turned his head – and felt his throat constrict.

There just at the foot of the steps was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. A tanned olive tone and deep brown eyes that he could feel himself become mesmerized. Her hair was a dark brown and swept up in a high and long ponytail. He felt his mouth water at the amount of skin that was exposed. She wore what looked like one piece of cloth that looped around her neck, just covered her breasts and joined at her back. By the way she stood – her weight shifted to one side the gauzy material she wore; mere black strips down her lower half – did little to conceal the shapely legs of the woman.

There was something familiar about her form; the way she held herself; when he looked back into her eyes – the way they were shaped, he knew instantly who he was looking at… and glared back at Shinomori, who know was looking at him. There was a smug look upon his face. Lex could feel his teeth grind against each other even though it went unnoticed to the rest of the crowd – who was too mesmerised by the woman the he came to this party for. Suddenly not liking the way that the men were looking suggestively at her, he made it his business to be the first to move and walked swiftly towards her.

She in turn noticed the movement and turned her head towards him. As he came to her, she raked her eyes over his form and, upon bringing her contact-lens-covered eyes, she raise an appreciative brow. Had it not been for his great ability to keep what he felt inside, he would have probably faltered in his steps. Trying to look casual, he came to a stop just a meter away from her and tipped his hat enough for her not to notice his bald head. At this, everyone began to go about their previous activities, though a little distractedly.

“Ma’am,” he greeted in a fake Texan drawl.

“Sir,” she answered back in an equally false Arabic accent.

“As cheesy as this sounds, I have to admit that I couldn’t help but introduce myself to the only woman here who was able to capture my attention so wholly.” He held out a hand for hers, which she gave most demurely. Lex bent down and brushed his covered lips over her knuckles. Silently, he cursed himself for picking such a thick piece of material to cover his face, but he was appreciative of the tiny shiver that he noticed ran through her body.

“Could I know the name of the man who had the guts to be the first to approach me?” she questioned with a steady accent and voice. Lex found the sultry tone she used such an arousing thing that he almost couldn’t find his voice to answer her.

“Just call me Al, ma’am,” he answered, grinning profusely underneath the bandanna concealing it as he righted himself once again.

She in turn chuckled. “Such a simple, weak name for a sophisticated and obviously strong man.” Once again, she trailed her eyes down his body.

They still held hands and for a moment seemed content to observe each other. It was he who broke the silence that had settled between them. “You still haven’t told me who you are.” He watched her expectantly, almost sure that she would slip up and tell him who she really was.

“My name is Inara,” she lied smoothly.

He was surprised that she would actually say this… or perhaps he was more disappointed. Inside, he had hoped she would have recognized him… or perhaps she knew it was him, but was convinced that he didn’t know who she was in turn like he made it seem like she didn’t know who he was… damn, it sounded very confusing in his head…

“That’s a beautiful name… very fitting as you truly seem to be ‘heaven-sent.’”

“I’ll excuse your second bout of blatant cheesiness for your apparent knowledge of the Arabic language.”

“Pardon me,” another voice interrupted suddenly, causing the two to stop eyeing each other. There was a man dressed up as an old British detective smiling arrogantly at ‘Inara’. “I was hoping that you would be so kind as to –”

“I don’t know what in tarnation you’re trying to pull, barging so damn rudely into our conversation, but I suggest you pick a better time to try your useless moves on this woman,” Lex growled in his Southern accent, stepping between the insipid man and ‘Inara’.

“And if I don’t?” the detective challenged, holding his chin up defiantly in the air.

Lex leaned close to the man’s face with a frosty look in his grey depths. “I’ll make sure that you won’t be able to reproduce – much less have sex ever again.”

“What makes you think you can even accomplish that?” came the haughty question, thought there was a trickle of fear evident now.

“It’s a wonder what money and power can do… and you better believe I’ve got lots of both.” Leaning back to a straight position, Lex spat, “No leave us.”

Pursing his lips, the detective tried to scrape up whatever dignity he had left and turned to move back into the crowd. ‘Inara’ looked quite amused with the whole situation and kept her eyes trained on Lex. When he glanced back at her, there was something in her eye – a glint; a spark – that told him she was, in fact aroused by his display of possessiveness.

A slow melody that hadn’t been noticed before rolled over them, somehow bringing to mind the idea of having unadulterated sex. Lex could feel the already tight black pants he wore become considerably tighter and he shifted slight. “I’d ask you to dance,” he began. “But I think I’d become rather annoyed with the way that the others would be watching you.”

“Well, then why don’t we go to the balcony? It’s private and I’m certain no one will be there to bother us,” she suggested.

Lex smiled underneath the bandanna and held out a hand, which she accepted. Together, they moved towards the balcony across the room, gaining more looks – envious, jealous and speculative – from the crowd. From a distance, Aoshi eyed the two with amusement. Then turning to the man beside him, he whispered a command that was answered with a curt nod before the man moved away. Aoshi watched as the two slipped out to the area he had kept off limits to other guests… for he knew they were bound to head to that area… he noted it was more sooner than later and let out a low chuckle before he diverted his attention to one of his guests that approached to converse with him.

~~ o0o ~~

It had started off as just dancing. But Chloe already could feel that there was going to be a lot more than just swaying and staring at each other with fire in their eyes. She felt it when he approached her – when he first spoke to her in that southern drawl. It wasn’t quite the drawl that had her; it was the tone; the quality. There was something achingly familiar about it along with the determined steely eyes, but she couldn’t quite place it. What she could place, however, was the arousal she felt. She did nothing to hide it. After all, she wasn’t Chloe Sullivan tonight. She was Inara, an Arabian dancer.

Her excitement had moved up a notch as she moved close to him with only the pale moonlight and streams of artificial light from the inside to accompany them. The slow sultry music had long since ended and what replaced it was something more racy and upbeat. But her movements along with this man’s – Al, though she couldn’t help but think his name had to be more sophisticated than that – were just as slow and smooth as it had been for the previous song. Their bodies rubbed close to each other and every so often, her middle would come in contact with his waist, where she found his evident hardness. She would always feel a shiver of anticipation and would always look directly into his eyes when this happened, noting the reigned arousal in the steely colour of his eyes.

Her hands played with the back part of the man’s lapels as he in turn massaged the exposed area of her hip. Chloe’s head was spiralling and her breaths were coming out in short bursts. This was far too much for her to bear. She needed to –

“May I have the permission to kiss you, ma’am?” he suddenly asked in a low husky voice.

That was the last straw; he was polite enough to ask her for such a thing – no man had every done that for her… “Took you long enough,” she murmured, before pulling his head down to hers and pressing her lips against his…

Only to figure out that their mouths were still covered by the material. She let out a little sound of frustration and looked at him desperately. She loved the air of mystery around them – she didn’t want to ruin their identities. So she closed her eyes, grasped the two cloth barriers and pushed them down. Her nose and mouth felt free and she smiled coyly before she returned her hands to the back of his neck and brought their lips together again.

She could see flecks of light behind her eyelids at the initial touch of their lips, and moaned in satisfaction at the feel. There was something oddly familiar about it, but that was too far away from her primary thoughts. She felt him move his hands around her middle and draw her body closer to his for more contact between their bodies. He pressed his mouth more brutally against hers before he allowed his tongue to flicker out and taste her. The groan that slid from his throat sent shivers of delight straight through Chloe. She opened her mouth to his probing tongue and they met in a sensual battle. When it was difficult for them to breath they moved slightly away from each other to gain some air before plunging in for more. Chloe unconsciously ground her hips into him, and elicited a wondrous growl from him as he thrust his hips back into her. When she pulled back once more, a name slipped from her mouth in a breathy sigh – one that she hadn’t thought she would say at all.

“Lex…”

The man she was with chose to whisper a name at the same time as her. “Chloe.”

Something in Chloe froze. Her eyes flew open and she stared disbelievingly at him. “Lex!”

“Yes…”

“Oh my God, Lex!”

“Yes, we’ve established that already.” He smiled at her in a way that held no malice or arrogance.

“But – but you said you weren’t going!”

He shrugged. “I changed my mind.”

“And – and I –” her hand flew to her mouth and her cheeks burned, but in the dim light it wasn’t noticeable.

He in turn was about to speak when there was a sudden crash from inside and an accompaniment of horrified screams. Loud thumping feet could be heard and felt. Both Chloe and Lex turned their heads towards the door to the balcony and said one single thing in voices that were filled with fear.

“Remy!”

TBC...

I would really appreciate feedback! It tells just how satisfied - if ever - the readers are so... o_o please review!!

I love this chapter!! I love that Lex wasn't fooled by Chloe's disguise!! Lucky Chloe, to have Lex so focused on her!! Thank you for the excellent new chapter!! Please let Remy be ok!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

:lol: That is funny how Lex knew Chloe but she didn't know him. More please...

Hope

NS Full Member
    BB this story is sooooooooo addictive. I'm at work and I should be working, but I had to read this update. Every time a coworker passes by I make it look like I'm reading the latest BBC report....Fools!

Sexified ChLex Addict Senior Member Blackberry's Avatar
    *sigh* finally got something out of my feverish brain! And now with Jem's (teehee thank u for takin a look at it&#33 go signal, here it is! *breathes but coughs* ahem, sorry. ^__^; anyway, I was in a majorly sappy mood when i wrote this so.... ^^:;; Hope you still like!

btw, eurydices falling - hehehehe thanks so much... i'm glad you like it!

Chapter 20

Remy giggled as he ate at the table with the other children. He had known that Yahiko would be there, but when he saw the other kids with ages ranging from his cousin’s age to his own, he was more than delighted. They all took to little action figure role-playing game wars, using the computer and watching television shows. Of course it had been difficult to choose synonymously on what show to watch as they all had different preferences – ‘I want Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!’ ‘But Sponge Bob Square Pants is so much more awesomer!’ ‘You guys are being such babies! We should watch X-Men! That’s the best show in the whole, entire universe!’ – so Remy chose to play with the others who commanded a small army of plastic figures into an downsized ‘apocalyptic war’.

They didn’t fight when it came to dinner, which they were enjoying at that moment. They hungrily consumed the fries and hamburgers that were presented to them, talking with full mouths to each other about the latest games, shows and kicking each others butts in the plastic wars they had just been playing before they began their dinner. Remy watched speculatively at how everyone was acting – how carefree this environment was. He thought back to how that seemed lacking nowadays in his own home; how tense Lexie and Chloe acted around each other. But Remy was always hopeful. People never stayed angry at one another forever… they just couldn’t.

His thoughts were cut off abruptly by the sudden sound of shattering glass, the fearful screams of men and women alike and then the sound of the same glass hitting the hard marble floor. All of those with him jumped and squeaked in fright as they turned their heads simultaneously toward the doorway connecting the main congregation area with their own area. They watched as four guards made hurried towards the door and the three others remained with the children.

One of them spoke – a woman with a hard expression on her face, but with the same black attire as the rest. “Kids, please stand and follow us to the other end of the room. Come, now, quickly.”

They did as they were told with little to no protests, but with tears spilling from their eyes. One girl near Remy began to sob. He moved closer to her and clasped her hand in his and squeezed it lightly when she looked at him with shining eyes. Biting her lip she nodded and with their hands joined, they followed the three guards to one corner of the room. The same guard that had spoken to them looked back at the doorway and noted that two of her comrades were not there anymore and then looked back at the wall to run her hand across the point where the two walls met. She felt a disguised bump and pulled on it, causing a panel to slide to the side. She turned back to the kids and told them to go inside. They did as they were told and once all of them were safely tucked in the secret nook, she turned to a male comrade.

“You stay with them,” she commanded in an unwavering whisper.

He did as she told, though something in his demeanour changed – as if he knew what was going to happen to her. Remy could sense the sadness from the three and he moved a bit closer to the girl whose hand he was holding for comfort. He knew that Chloe was out there and from the look that his father had given him, Lexie would be out there as well.

And the four-year-old hoped with all his heart that those he loved would not be lost tonight… no, not now… not ever.

The panelling slid closed with a definitive rumble.

~~ o0o ~~

In the building across from where the Halloween party had just begun, Shishio, Yumi and Clark’s old acquaintance stood watch. Shishio’s eyes drifted to his third companion as person shifted impatiently. “What is it, young one?”

“Why is it that he gets all the fun?” It was asked in a huffy and pouting voice.

The bandaged man chuckled and looked back at the building. “Come now, this is his trial. Besides, I told him specifically just to harm those that Shinomori are emotionally attached to.”

“Does that include Chloe Sullivan? Damn whore, she is,” the person growled with clenched fists. “Did you see how she was hanging off of Lex? It was disgusting, like she was selling himself to him… and him, being the stupid idiot he is, believes that she actually cares when all she wants is a fucking interview and publish an article on him.”

“Now, now, you’ll have your turn on her… on all of them, in fact… just be patient, little one.”

“Fine…” was the grumbling reply. Vengeful eyes turned back to the penthouse that Clark had just infiltrated.

~~ o0o ~~

When the glass fell away, Clark grinned to himself as he literally ‘dropped in’; lithely landing on his feet with a loud thump, he raised his eyes to the screaming crowd surrounding him. Ah, what a thrill it was to be the cause of such great chaos! All those times he had seen a crime take place, there was always a rush when the adrenaline just began to pump at the sight of terror and disorientation. Clark took a moment to allow the sensations to sink in before he went through with his mission. His hearing picked up the sound of someone approaching him and his eyes snapped open as his smile grew wider. Stupid humans, he thought chuckling to himself and then just as the attack was made, he used his heightened abilities to go behind the attacker and snap his neck. The man before him crumpled lifelessly to the ground like a puppet with no strings.

Clark snorted as the main area cleared out and all that were left were the guards, Shinomori Aoshi, Sagara Sanosuke and the newly arrived Kenshin Himura. Turning around in a full circle, the Kryptonian man let out a loud laugh. “Oh, this will be an absolute joy… to finish off the whole Shinomori band in just one night… wouldn’t Shishio be pleased with me!”

“You’re a cocky bakayarou, aren’t you?” Sano growled as his light brown eyes flashed with anger. “You actually have the gall to crash the party… now you’ve gotta pay for it.”

He was just about to move forward when Kenshin stopped him with the hilt of his sakabatou. His purple gaze was trained on their foe with in serious curiosity. “No, Sano… this one is different. He’s not like any of us.”

“Are you sure? He doesn’t look it.”

“Don’t you feel it? He exudes a different aura from anyone I’ve faced before. This one’s capable of many great and terrible things…”

Aoshi had been listening to what the three had been saying with just a half ear. His face was stoic and deadly calm as he watched this single man. Why would Shishio send merely one man? Was he really that capable? The man knew that who his enemies were… and yet here was a young man – younger, even than Sano. “What is your purpose here?” he asked icily.

Clark turned to Aoshi and gave him a superior look. “I’m here to kick your ass.”

They never saw him move – not even Kenshin, who was a trained and practiced assassin. In a matter of seconds a job that might have taken Kenshin, Sano and Aoshi a minute was accomplished and Clark stood just a few feet away from the three – who he had deliberately avoided. Rolling his shoulders, the young Kryptonian watched with a smug look upon his face as the Shinomori guards fell almost in unison to the ground much in the same manner as the first one he had killed. Sano jolted back, startled at the feat. It was an impossible thing for a normal human to do and here, this man had done it.

Clark watched entertained as the three stiffened as they became intimidated by him. Power was such a wondrous thing to wield and Clark had a lot. Cocking his head to the side, he cracked his knuckles and smiled pleasantly at the three. “Are you ready to die?”

“No!” a clear female voice yelled before Clark felt the familiar pain sear his senses.

The grin upon Clark’s face dwindled and contorted into that of agony as the effects of the green kryptonite she held in her hand worked its magic upon him. Chloe walked confidently closer to him and didn’t flinch as he turned to her with a look of disbelief.

“Ch – Chloe – no – stop – hurts!” he groaned and fell to his knees, curling into himself as he went down and the waves of pain grew stronger.

Chloe made her way towards him until she stood with the other three. Nothing in her demeanour wavered and her _expression became black with rage. “You are and always have been the stupidest person in the world, Clark. I don’t care if you’re under the influence of some other asshole, but you had a choice of not joining his side. I’ll never forgive you for this, Clark… The next time I see you, I’ll make sure to leave my mark upon you – a big foot mark on your ass branded on by a kryptonite covered boot.”

Clark heard someone mumble and recognized it as Lex. Soon the shafts of pain stopped and he was left in the aftershocks of the green kryptonite. The voice he heard next rang clear. “Leave now, Clark,” Lex commanded. “Or you’ll get a dosage of this green kryptonite that is guaranteed to kill you…”

Obediently, but humiliated, Clark shakily got to his feet and with as much strength as he had left, he lifted himself and left the same way he came. The moment of silence stayed for a moment after Clark left. Then Chloe, who had been firm and strong, finally broke down and felt her legs collapse. Had Lex not been there, she would have fallen gracelessly to the floor, but his arms supported her. She swivelled around to bury herself into his hold and took in great gulps of air. It was still strange to have Clark as the opposition instead of on the same side. She knew she would have to see him as such one of these days but it had been sooner than expected. Needing the comfort, she pressed further into Lex’s embrace – burrowing as far as she could; hoping that perhaps he would be able to envelope her wholly.

Lex, being the regular ‘boy-scout’ had kept a green kryptonite rock with him sure that the moment would arrive when he would require it. This extra step to being prepared had undoubtedly saved Aoshi, Sano and Kenshin – as well as the rest of the guests. Unfortunately, they had come a few seconds too late for the guards…

“It seems that you have become our heroes instead of the other way around,” Kenshin noted with light amusement.

“So it seems,” the bald man answered in a low murmur, still holding Chloe close to him. He watched the two businessmen before him with a levelled gaze. “You want to know what warded him off, don’t you?”

“I’m sure any person in their right mind would want to know what it is that has saved them,” Aoshi said squarely.

“And knowing you, you won’t take ‘a miracle’ as an answer.” Lex sighed and glanced down at the top of Chloe’s head. “Can we first see Remy?”

~~ o0o ~~

Chloe cradled Remy in her lap as they sat in the backseat of the limousine on the way home. She stared distantly out the window – as did Remy. It was an exhausting night that he didn’t want to repeat any time soon. The girl he had taken under his wing while waiting tensely inside the panelling had demanded a lot of his empathy and patience to calm her down. When they finally got out the girl gave him a peck on the cheek before she was swept away by her parents and he by – well, his Chloe and Lexie; his mommy-sister and his dad.

Remy watched at how the kids reacted to their rightful mothers and fathers, felt the way they were connected and for a moment envied what they had. Sure he had something akin to it, but there was still a great barrier between the ‘parent’ figures of his so-called family. He wanted them to just get over whatever it was that kept them apart because he could see they needed each other. Taking in a deep breath, Remy closed his eyes and leaned his head against Chloe’s chest, allowing himself to drift off into a nap for the rest of the trip home.

Chloe’s eyes shifted from outside the window to Remy’s raven locks and felt her heart stir. “You poor child,” she murmured.

Beside her Lex glanced down at his son. “After what happened night… it’s a wonder he’s not crying like the rest of the kids.”

“Remy’s always been different… wonderful and sweet…” Chloe choked. “I don’t know what I would have done if Clark had gotten to him.”

“Now, it won’t help you to think of the what-ifs of the situation when it’s already passed.”

Impulsively, Lex scooted closer to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Chloe jolted a bit, but loosened in his hold a second later, placing her head upon his shoulder and letting out a sigh. “Thank you, Lex… if you hadn’t been there…” she trailed off and shifted her head against him to inhale his scent; a comforting aroma that calmed her instantaneously.

He in turn placed a soothing kiss atop her dyed hair and tilted his head so that it lay upon her head and closing his eyes. Misao, who had been assigned as their driver glanced at the rear-view mirror and smiled. The picture that the three created was beautiful, causing her heart to melt at the sight. She looked back at the road. Now, if only she brought her damn camera…

~~ o0o ~~

“Chloe?” Remy called in a sleepy voice, causing her to stop her movements to tuck him in bed. “Can we stay with Lexie tonight?”

Chloe tensed visibly and frowned at the small child. “Why ‘we’?”

“Because you’re scared, too,” he answered plainly.

Chloe desperately looked for a way to talk the boy out of his request. “Don’t you think he would be bothered with us being there?”

Remy just shook his head. “He’s scared, but doesn’t want to show it because he is a man.”

She in turn snorted quietly at his statement and gave him a tiny smile. It faded after a moment and Chloe watched the four-year-old closely as she thought the option over. “I’ll ask, but there’s no guaranteeing he’ll let us, okay, Remy?”

She moved to go, but Remy pushed the covers away from him as she did. “I’ll come with you, too,” he said quickly as he grabbed her hand and hopped off of the bed.

Where Chloe would have been hesitant, Remy was sure and they made their way, half-confident towards Lex’s quarters. Once in front of his closed door, they stopped and the child looked up at Chloe insistently. Pursing her lips together, she lifted her closed fist upwards and before she had second thoughts she knocked lightly on the wooden door. She stepped back and brought Remy with her as they waited for him to answer.

It took a moment before Lex appeared, looking wary and cautious at first. The _expression upon his face transformed almost immediately when he registered who was at his door. “Remy; Chloe…”

“Uh – well, Remy wanted to stay with you tonight… or actually he wanted all of us to stay together…” Chloe trailed off, feeling that the way she worded it had been awkward to say the least.

Lex stared at the two for a moment, taken back by the request. As he observed his son, he noted just how fearful the boy was and felt his gut wrench. His answer came in his actions as he opened the doorway wider and stepped aside. Remy moved first, tugging Chloe along with him. She kept her eyes trained to the ground as she moved passed him, but once she was inside, her eyes lifted to her surroundings.

She noted that it was simply furnished, just as large as the room she shared with Remy, but with darker shades. It whispered of a man who was still a bachelor, causing her heart to sink. The click of the door closing caused the two to turn back to the bald man. He ran a hand over his scalp and glanced at the bed.

Remy didn’t seem to have any doubt of how he wanted the arrangement. Leaving Chloe momentarily by herself in the middle of the dimly lit room, he made his way over to his father and took the large hand in his small one and in the same manner as he had with Chloe, tugged him along to where Chloe stood. Then, taking Chloe’s hand in his free one, Remy led the two towards the foot of the bed. He looked up at the two adults with him and let go of both of them then climbed up from the foot of the mattress towards the middle of the bed. He pushed back the covers and slide underneath them; his head propped on the pillows and looked expectantly at Chloe and Lex, who still hadn’t moved.

Taking a deep breath Lex moved first, stealing a glance at Chloe before going to the right side of Remy. Chloe moved to the opposite side, feeling slightly shaky and got under the covers beside the child. Turning to her side, she brought her gaze to the young boy before looking up at Lex. His grey eyes stayed on her and they didn’t move for a moment.

It was after a few seconds that they moved in unison towards Remy, then pulled up the covers before wrapping one hand around the boy. Their hands met and Chloe jumped slightly at the touch, but didn’t shy away. Slowly, their fingers moved so they were intertwined with one another and were settled upon Remy’s covered middle. All the while, their eyes never left one another.

Remy watched the two curiously, noting that the barrier between them was crumbling significantly and he smiled to himself. “Goodnight,” he murmured in a garble voice as he settled himself more surely between them and closed his eyes.

He didn’t hear an answer from them. Nor did he see the stolen chaste kiss they shared above his head. He was already comfortably and safely asleep.

to be continued...

FEEDBACK!!! ^__^;;;

That was scary at the begining but sweet at the end.

Hope :chlexsign4:

I hope Lex gives Remy a kryptonite necklace or ring to protect him from Clark!! Poor baby!! Thank you for the new chapter!! I was so afraid of what was going to happen!! Please let Lex and Chloe be strong enough to protect Remy!! :yay: :chlexsign3: :yay:

Escapeism Artist Senior Member asharnanae's Avatar
    :biggrin: oppps! I ment to reply to this when I read it!! hehehe, soory, been ill, and thats not doing good things with the ole memory, anyway, fantastic chappy!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information